It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican: the party of ignorance and greed?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
From the denials of global warming and man's impact on the environment, to their constant loyalty toward corporations and support for war in oil rich nations, blind nationalism, hatred and distrust of outsiders, while always saving judgement and cynicism for the poor, the needy, the sick, the peace loving, and environmentally conscious. Does the mainstream republican base rely solely on a mixture of ignorance and greed?

There is something extremely disturbing about this hive mentality. In fact if you notice in debates and other discussions... republicans who do not embrace the hive mentality are shunned from the group.

I don't understand how any free-thinking, socially conscious person can embrace this twisted mentality? In order to support today's Republican party must a person also embrace Ignorance and/or Greed?

+34 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

Good hell, another Evil republican thread?

Yep, all Republicans and Conservatives are Satan's Spawns.
All want to kill brown people, make grandma eat out of the neighbors garbage cans, give babies M16s and chant "USA USA USA" at NASCAR events.

How original...

+25 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
You must have taken the blue pill OP. You think Republicans are
corrupt? I got news for you. So are the Democrats. They both dance
to the same puppet masters. I want to bang my head against the wall
every time I see a thread slamming Democrats OR Republicans. How
can you spend any time at all on this site and still believe there is
a difference between the two?

Are forefathers warned us about a 2 party system and now those warnings
are like chickens coming home to roost.
edit on 24-9-2011 by orbitbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I have watched all the republican debates so far and the most disconcerting things said so far hasn't come from any candidate but the reaction from the crowd.
edit on 24-9-2011 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Good hell, another Evil republican thread?

Yep, all Republicans and Conservatives are Satan's Spawns.
All want to kill brown people, make grandma eat out of the neighbors garbage cans, give babies M16s and chant "USA USA USA" at NASCAR events.

How original...

Those are not things I pointed out. Care to deny your ignorance and actually comment on the realities or is cynicism and sarcasm your only refuge?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
You must have taken the blue pill OP. You think Republicans are
corrupt? I got news for you. So are the Democrats. They both dance
to the same puppet masters. I want to bang my head against the wall
every time I see a thread slamming Democrats OR Republicans. How
can you spend any time at all on this site and still believe there is
a difference between the two?

You think to accept man's impact on the environment is the same as not accepting it? You believe to think the president is a secret muslim terrorist is the same as not believing that?

Seriously... you need to pull your head out. The puppet masters may be the same... but they seem to use hive-like mentality of ignorance and greed to attract one section of the population... while using compassion and reason to attract the other side.

You inability to see the difference in why people choose Republican vs Democrat demonstrates your own ignorance.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Aren't there rules about political trolling on this site?

To truly believe that there are two distinctly different parties is symptomatic of short sightedness. Flame either one that makes you happy but both ultimately reach the same endgame...destruction of the US Constitution and enslavement of the populace.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Democrats and Republicans share equal culpability with regard to our national woes. You cannot just blame one party. It is the system. The system abides and abets, if not encourages, massive corruption. Democrats and Republicans both looted the social security system. We did nothing to stop them. Most Americans want more and more freebies from the government. There is no free lunch. The money to pay for the "freebies" has to come from somewhere. Government is the least efficient means of delivering any service. Reject government "freebies", they are anything but "free".

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
yes indeed lets talk about ignorance and greed like:

throwing billions upon billions of dollars at the educational system of america that produce nothing but ignorance

then out a country of 310 million 145 million are on the government dime and who scream and shout we must crush all those evil millionaires and billionaires even tho there are less than 10 million in existence.

then we must talk about waging war on pakistan,yemen,somalia, and libya and shouted with glee at the death of another human being bin laden there some blind nationalism if i ever seen one

then we must talk about the destruction of trillion dollar industrys that came from junk science to push a political agenda with the ends being more control over the american citizen.

and let us not forget the defense of abortion which has killed over 50 million children.

i ask does the mainstream democrat no see the blind greed and ignorance of their own party.

money power control and thought and beliefs.

agree with the wise macman in this thread this thread is beneath ats readership
edit on 24-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Oh come on. A blame the Republican thread is always popular and fun.
So is a "The Tea Party is racist" threads.
Gotta love trend setters.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

agree with the wise macman in this thread this thread is beneath ats readership

Agreeing with me may be your downfall in life.

And calling me wise, well you might as well call me sir or Mr. ........

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
You inability to see the difference in why people choose Republican vs Democrat demonstrates your own ignorance.

I've only seen one truly ignorant post thusfar. Congrats for it being the one that started the thread.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Yes, I will deny ignorance.

Yours.

Thanks.

And again, another Republicans are Evil thread?

Come on. You must be looking for some stars and flags.

Is it evil to be a party that denies logic and reason? To even vilify science while wholly embracing corporations? I consider these things to be a combination of ignorance and greed. The hive-like mentality indicates this is a widespread trait and even a prerequisite to being Republican. And right now, your inability to face the question honestly, and without spin, has placed your own ignorance on full display.

I understand it's uncomfortable to be shown when you are wrong, and the natural reaction is to be defensive. I would really like if we could honestly discuss this ignorance requirement and why it has become so prevalant in the Republican party.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

When applied to both parties, you are correct.

To start another Republican bashing thread is not.

Gotta love the logic. Kind of like poop telling vomit it stinks.

You thinking that the Dem party holds all the cards in morality, logic, critical thinking and do goodness? That is just stupid.

edit on 24-9-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I don't think all republicans are ignorant and greedy, just as I don't think all democrats are ignorant and greedy. To generalise one party or the other based on the actions of the few IS ignorant at best. Now if you will excuse me the mailman just came and I have to go steal the neighbors social security check and put another tire on my fire.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JMech
Now if you will excuse me the mailman just came and I have to go steal the neighbors social security check and put another tire on my fire.

Now that is funny.

I was going to use my stolen SS check to fund a hunting trip to Alaska where an old diesel engined boat that leaks oil like a civ will take me to club baby seals and push Polar Bears off into the open sea.

edit on 24-9-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Ah yes, clubbing seals. That takes me back

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Can I come? I love baby seal with poached manatee on the side.

The only thing worse than a Republican is a Democrat. Why do we vote party lines anyway? Are we to afraid to think and judge issues on their merits ourselves? Blind obedience to group will, any group, is the provenance of herd animals ie sheep. Are we sheep? or are we thinking beings? I guess this is where the term "sheeple" originated.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I agree with most of the replies to the thread - but I still have to ask -

Who is flagging this? and Why?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join