It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Faster-than-light speeds -- what it means to everyone

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkCyrus

Actually time travel would be far more likely if that does turn out to be the culprit. Of course time travel to "our" past would still not be theoretically possible, it would instead work in this way (most likely, if it's possible)....

Say time is a river, but there are streams that shoot off of it, time travel would take you down one of those streams without you being able to actually go backwards on the river (our timeline).

This is the first time this phenomena has been observed, and it has been tried over and over and over again. Why this happened, and the significance of it may not be realized for years, or decades, to come. Right now this is all if, maybe, but, and possibly, the posters title is grossly misleading, whether by accident through ignorance or on purpose through deceit.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I wonder if our time is a self contained bubble of reality, where there are many bubbles that make up time, and how we view time as each moment fluid like an animation one by one but in reality each is like bubbles of reality and inbetween objects could move FTL and through time, as each of these time bubbles can be entered and exited, meaning you can be anywhere and anytime, it would be infinite time. Our fundamental understanding of how reality works and the universe works is changing with this. We can start to work on advanced string theory where things can actually be tested. If this is true, it would mean we are interdimensional beings infact. Moving through time each moment without realising it. This means theres more to us than we see and there are parts of us that exist in a state that we can only begin to imagine. But we view it all as solid and happening in sequence, its actually fluid and malleable. Which means our conciousness is the altering/controlling factor. Makes me think about the double slit experiment. What if our conciousness is locked in this time and moving through it depending on the thoughts and where that leads or may end up. But if you can unlock from this time and move into other times, we would realise all time is now. If we developed that technology. We are all connected to the same living consiouness which actually is our reality, which is not just interperted by our minds but is our minds in action. This means that we are a living prayer and group thoughts would not just effect reality, but make up our reality.
edit on 26-9-2011 by DarkCyrus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

As said before... just like religion.

(Second line)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I don't feel we advanced our theories beyond what technology we have, just some people let their imagination get away from them, made up quite a bit of untestable ideas (dark energy) and called that science, that's the math speaking for people, since there has not been a single instance of dark energy being observed or recorded with instruments of any kind, and people claiming "But we see it's effects all the time!" can happen all day every day and will not verify the existence of dark energy, you might be seeing the effect of something else that plasma cosmologists call electrical energy, all those free electrons out there.

As we know electrons are very small, and even in large clusters our telescopes may not see them....or perhaps we already have seen these clusters of electrons, i think people mistake them for the cosmic background radiation from the big bang, maybe some real scientists could give that idea a try, do some math with observations of this dark energy, dark matter and cosmic background radiation with the thought that it is possibly free electrons that they are looking at and work from there.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cruddas
I don't feel we advanced our theories beyond what technology we have, just some people let their imagination get away from them

I don't want to come off condescending or rude, but you are wrong. When was the quark first theorized? When was it actually discovered? According to you, theory did not outpace the ability to test said theories, so they should be very similar dates. The reality is that the quark was theoried in 1964 and I believe it was 1995 that it was finally able to be detected. The theory proved true. What do you want, physics to get put on hold for 30 years? Oh and it is important to mention that at the time theorized there was basically no real evidence of their existence.

The theory has far outpaced the ability to test said theories for quite a while. Some of the theory may turn out to be wrong, but it is exactly the imagination you deride them for that has allowed the advances we have made thus far.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by cruddas
I don't feel we advanced our theories beyond what technology we have, just some people let their imagination get away from them
The theory has far outpaced the ability to test said theories for quite a while. Some of the theory may turn out to be wrong, but it is exactly the imagination you deride them for that has allowed the advances we have made thus far.

As opposed to the advances we could have made when Nikola Tesla was offering his ideas? Tesla was an up and coming idea man that seemed to simplify the universe and for all his efforts he was called a crackpot and a pseudoscientist and everything he stood for was buried, lots of the science used today is way above my head and probably should not be, while looking at information on plasma cosmology it makes much more sense to me and i can imagine many of the possibilities that are talked about in that field of "pseudosciense" as many call it.

In my mind it feels very much like people are trying their best to have the theories of electric universe given a chance to be studied, the ideas looked at, but the current mathematical scientists have locked themselves in a fortress of numbers and downright refuse to acknowledge anything else outside of that safe haven, and even go so far as to invent their own theories on why something they had observed should work because their numbers say it's correct, the problem with that is many of those number sets do not fit one another so they "imagine" things they cannot possibly test in a lab (dark energy / gravitons / higgs boson / gravity waves), and have NEVER observed with instruments or directly just so their number sets can fit together at last.

If they try experimenting by adding electricty and electrical currents into those number sets they might find their elusive "dark energy" and see those number sets come together with the technology we currently have without having to build complex machines like the LHC or waiting for the "next big thing" to identify what could already be known. That or they find something else they can't explain with the LHC and make new numbers for it, adding to their already large piles of number sets and saying "we have advanced our theories beyond our technology!"
edit on 28-9-2011 by cruddas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

As said before... just like religion.

(Second line)

No, nothing like religion at all.

2nd line.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join