It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why on Earth would the US Navy launch something into space DURING a Cocked Pistol *drill*???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomLimb
It's a satellite being launched from Alaska. What does that have to do with a drill in Colorado?

It seems the object of this thread is to engage people for the purpose of answering that very question. As for myself, I don't have an answer, but the question is interesting nonetheless.
edit on 9/24/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

They could use is two fold.
One, use it within the training exercise as a follow and track this rocket.
Two, launching a rocket and placing a new satellite into orbit.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Doesn't seem like much of a secret though with a story on the internet.

The "hide in plain sight program" might be in effect...
But not too hidden. Just hidden enough.
edit on 9/24/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: line 2 and 3

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
Ya'll wanna really fear monger?

No, we do not. We want to ask questions and find answers.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

I just watched a local Denver News vid on it and the signs around buildings stated it was a drill being put on by Homeland Security....

I thought that was interesting too.... You haven't heard Homeland Security mentioned much at all, at least not on the links I've been reading.

If Homeland Security is the host per se of the drill....the military would be involved yeah?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

It's a satellite being launched from Alaska. What does that have to do with a drill in Colorado?

It seems the object of this thread is to engage people for the purpose of answering that very question. As for myself, I don't have an answer, but the question is interesting nonetheless.
edit on 9/24/2011 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

It has absolutely nothing to do with the drill in Denver. As far as the drill in Denver. It is a Army exercise not Navy. The Navy has it's own exercises and sometimes they have joint exercises. Some like to find dots to connect where there are none.
edit on 9/24/2011 by CaptGizmo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Another thing I keep seeing going back and forth is, DEFON1, is this a rumor or a fact? ............... again, I am not sure....

The more I think about this though the more I keep going back to what I know about HAARP. If it IS HAARP connected, will the whole thing takes on a very sinister direction.

I am not sure what the average person knows about HAARP. In certain parts of Alaska people ask a lot of questions as we LIVE near this stuff.

I live about 125 miles from the main array in Gakona. This satellite, is high frequency like the array...it's lots of Tesla technology and WAS originally part of a defense project for space. Congress shooting it down only ment the paper work had to be shuffled around and re routed as a communication project.

If you research HAARP locally You hear many stories of weirdness. There are also other quiet military activities around this entire area, including a glacier.... that is presented as an arctic training ground training site, however I personally know locals that went on tours up there. The ones who were Vets..all said it stank...one reason that made sense to my feeble mind was one of my father's oldest and most trusted friends. I asked why he was so quiet about the tour (there was a meeting of local residents to hear what was seen on the tour).

What he said to me was he didn't like what he saw at all, because for a place intended for arctic training...not a single soul he saw were wearing foot gear for such exercises. When I asked him what all THAT ment he said it ment for me to keep my head down, eyes open and mouth shut. That is all he would say about it.

These kinds of things are common stories around here.

Coincidentally....or not, the glacier is named Knik, the name means Fire in the native tongue

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

If we go to actual DEFCON 1, you will know.
This day in age, it will blow up the internet as all military personally will be recalled and all bases will be placed on lock down.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

Here is a desktop tool you can download that will update the current US DEFCON level every 10 minutes.

www.defconwarningsystem.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cinaed
HAARP is HIGH FREQUENCY, and so is this satellite....

The Spaceflight Now story says the satellite is UHF. That's a completely different part of the spectrum. HF is about 3 MHz to 30 MHz. UHF is about 300 MHz to 3000 MHz. They propagate differently through the atmosphere. By the way, the satellite may be a UFO.

It does seem odd that they're putting it into a 63 degree orbit. That means it will only be over the battlespace for "hours" (SN). I would think comm sats would go into geostationary orbit, so they'd be over the battlespace 24/7. It's also much easier for commo guys to locate a satellite in geostationary orbit. Why are they putting it in this orbit? SN says the satellite is dual-tasked with OND/OEF support and filling coverage gaps at the poles, but I wonder. Maybe it's still experimental and they want to see how it works at different latitudes? Or maybe it has a different job--receiving clandestine transmissions from somewhere up north/down south?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

While the President is miles underground?

What are you talking about? There is no bunker on Earth that is miles under ground. Hundreds of feet perhaps but not miles. A mile is 5280 feet. There is no mile deep bunker in Colorado. Where do you get these ideas?

edit on 24-9-2011 by wayouttheredude because: dyslexic

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

Okay maybe you can make heads or tails out of this site???

www.onr.navy.mil...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

I think the terminology is used when speaking on encased in mountains. And is a loose term at best.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Almost always the contrarian, I'm thinking the concurrence of these events is both intentional and related, just not necessarily nefarious or obscured. In the hypothetical DEFCON 1 scenario the Navy would most certainly be involved as out front line nuclear deterrence force (submarine launches) and they have their own space command. It may be a joint command with the Air Force, I'm not certain, but both branches of our military have space command operations.

Just for grins, let's take all the statements from the military at face value and explore the possibilities. Perhaps this isn't a comsat but an intelsat, good point for consideration but not significant in this scenario - after all if it were an intelsat or even a weapons platform, there has to be a plausible cover story.... Perhaps this is a rapid deployment exercise, setting up a comsat in a theater of operations under battle conditions. Perhaps the Navy plans to launch from a submerged submarine in low orbit. Perhaps there's satcom functions that need to be tested - there are many practical applications from launching a satellite during military exercises. It seems highly likely to me that the coincidental timing of the satellite launch and the cocked pistol drill is intentional.

The whole area of speculation about could this be a nuke launch, or space based weapons array, or massive EMP device, or a false flag operation is a completely different issue IMO than anything suspicious in the timing of these events - and there's no reason for the military to connect the dots for us and disclose if these events are related (one poster referred to it as a classic shuck and jive).

I'm definitely NOT saying that there's nothing going on "behind the curtains" ? I just don't find it surprising that these events are occurring at the same time nor that there's no official press release about any operational details of the drill. The president being in a bunker isn't much of a factor given the DEFCON 1 cocked pistol scenario per se, but it does lead to healthy speculation when the facets of the operation are considered, don't you think?.

ganjoa

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cinaed
Okay maybe you can make heads or tails out of this site???

www.onr.navy.mil...

It sounds like they have built a small UHF comm sat and launched it into a highly elliptical orbit. An HEO will give the satellite longer dwell time over the long parts of the ellipsis at the expense of reduced dwell time over the short parts. They say it will provide two hours of coverage three times a day over a given theater, which they have defined as an area with a 2000 nautical mile diameter. It does six orbits per day, so I guess the other three times it provides less than two hours.

Two hours of coverage, three times a day would not be useful in my experience. BUT there are many cases where it would be useful. You can imagine ships or units that don't need 24/7 satellite comms, but need to check in a few times every day. They could use this and reduce the load on the existing satellites. Secret agents could use it to give quick burst reports or emergency signals at pre-arranged times, without bulky omnidirectional transmitters or complicated directional transmitters. Just point the antenna and the sky, and when you know the satellite will be directly overhead, hit send. Polar researchers could use those two hours to send and receive data.

This thing seems mostly useless for Afghanistan, so I think the Spaceflight Now reference to Afghanistan was misguided or perhaps politically guided. (We are supporting OEF, give us more money!) It's useful for other things. See page 25 of this document to see the tacsat footprint as was released in 2004. These are geostationary satellites, so their footprint doesn't change. This Navy satellite will be most useful outside that footprint.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganjoa
It seems highly likely to me that the coincidental timing of the satellite launch and the cocked pistol drill is intentional.

It is the worst kind of coincidence. If your master plan depends on a satellite being in space doing its thing, you plan to launch it well in advance. You need to assume your launch will be delayed by weather and technical problems, so you give yourself extra time for that. You give yourself extra time to maneuver into the correct orbit and test the satellite's functionality. If the launch is coincidental with some other major part of the master plan, like going to DEFCON 1 and putting Obama in the DIA tunnels with the reptiloids, the slightest problem with the launch would render every other part of the plan useless, or even harmful to your end goals.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

Perhaps I read it all wrong, but my understanding of the I posted previously is that this particular SatCat IV was going to improve upon the current ability of only several times a day???

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
what the OP is trying to say,

is that IF the exercise is REALLY supposed to be simulating a DEFCON 1 status. then its doubtful they would be deploying any scheduled unrelated satellites launches until we are no longer at the level of "maximum readiness for imminent nuclear war" . unless of course its offensive/defensive move related to the situation.

a DEFCON status is not relegated to one region, its the state of the entire nation's military.

you dont just casually go to a defcon 1 in Colorado, and have everything be peachy in alaska. specially if its the navy launching it as they too would be at the same readiness level.

there is no level higher than defcon 1. i would think if we were in a situation like that, and we launched a satellite, it would probably be perceived by our enemy as an attack on them (icbm or something).

great post.

Now IF we ASSUME ( I know I hate that word) that the above post is accurate, what other reason would recommend a launch.. that could upset the enemy.. unless the "enemy" isnt a country, but an event.
Asteroid, ET, earthquake,CME, smurf inavsion, etc....

I would venture a guess that the two are indeed coinnected, possibly to prepare for any number of disasters.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

I have no idea how long/frequently they get coverage outside the footprint of those geostationary satellites. I've never been out there. Within the footprint, you get 24/7 coverage. Sometimes they're hard to talk to, but they're up there all the time.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
If I understand what I am reading then Blossom Point is the ground control for this launch....here is a link about Blossom Point Maryland... still digging but I have to say this is pretty interesting

www.globalsecurity.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join