It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why on Earth would the US Navy launch something into space DURING a Cocked Pistol *drill*???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I posted this link in another thread but I think it deserves it's own! This seems very fishy to me! I am hoping some of the military knowledgeable and those understanding the other implications will shed some insight.

This is suppose to happen while Obama is underground and the cocked pistol drill is taking place.

Sept 27 at sunrise in Alaska....all very quietly. The rest of the country and the world will be looking elsewhere with focused intensity..... hmmmm

It is being called a communications satellite but come ON!!! Isn't the timing really wonky?

spaceflightnow.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It's a satellite being launched from Alaska. What does that have to do with a drill in Colorado?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

I think it could have MUCH to do with it.... if you read the article the purpose is to assist in the warfare communication in the middle east.

This is not NASA or the University of Fairbanks doing the launch. It is the US Navy, why would our military launch anything into space during an exercise known as cocked pistol, coincidentally while the President is miles underground.....

Timing BAD!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

Satellites used in warfare are launched all the time because of advancements in technology and the fact that older satellites are being decommissioned. Why does a satellite launch from Alaska have to be cancelled because of an exercise in Colorado? They have nothing to do with each other. You're connecting dots that don't need to be connected in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
It's news to me that we even had a fully functional and available launch complex in Alaska. I thought there was some issue about being further north for launching into the right orbits or something. I guess I learn something everyday. Alaska though? Hmm... When what your sending just needs the very best....in secrecy.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Doesn't seem like much of a secret though with a story on the internet.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Come on, you're saying that the gov is using the Denver excersice to divert attention from this sattelite launch? If its even true, why would they even want to release the launch date to the public?
They could have just did it secretly right? So, my answer is, truthfully as to my belief, that this is just a coincidence.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

That is one of the reasons I started the thread. My knowledge of military junk and elliptical orbits is pretty nil.

Just trying to use logic though I would think NORAD would be involved in the drill.....wouldn't NORAD also be monitoring this?? Seems odd, or at least pretty inefficient to have multi tasking going on WHILE the pistol is cocked.... lol but that's just me, I grew up around guns.

From what I have read these satellites are not launched all the time, I think the last one was in the first part of the yr.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by KnocksMeDead

I'm not saying that at ALL...I am pointing out they are happening at the same time. The quiet one was planned for months....Did I say or imply it was a secret?

I think it's a classic shuck and jive....all out in the open...in plain sight.

I didn't say or mean to imply in anyway the Denver drill is a cover up....I just wonder if they are connected.

Interestingly...if they are, then--- Mission Accomplished as so far no one seems to think they could be connected

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Ya'll wanna really fear monger? What if its a nuke shot into the upper atmosphere and causes a Electro Magnetic Pulse across the other side of the world wiping out all circuits. Just encase they are able to retaliate Obama is underground. No electricity, no medicines, no food, no running water. In months they would be on there knees giving the US whatever it wanted if they could just help restore it all. World domination in one strike.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

If simply launching at night was considered sufficient in additional security for the better part of 20 years on military launches, one does have to wonder what going to the extreme geographic edge of America is needed for? Was Vandenberg somehow unavailable suddenly?

I did find something else though... Speaking of space launches during a real world Nuclear War drill, it seems China wants in on the fun.

China to launch Space Station test module - Sept 27-30

You'd think coincidences to a date range would have limits.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Oh there are quite a lot of things here in Alaska that most of the country is clueless about...and even many Alaskan's are clueless also.

Alaska is VERY strategic, and most of the country doesn't ever get to realizing that due to most of you thinking Alaska is just hickville dope smoking central, with guns. (which it kinda is lol)

There is much military activity here, most of it quiet. Not secret at all, in fact it's boring....so don't bother with it, nothing to see here

Just a bunch of ignorant rednecks in Alaska...

Most people think HAARP is just in Gakona too, but if you do your homework you will find there are arrays and other HAARP *stuff* all over, lots up in Fairbanks...

HAARP is HIGH FREQUENCY, and so is this satellite....

The most interesting thing about this form of communication is when put into use....it jams ALL other forms of communication on the planet...

Just sayin

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

I agree that the timing is REALLY bad!! The Russians were informed of the event, but supposedly NOT the reason why. So, will they automatically assume that our government is going to bomb them and start WWIII???

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

The laucnh is sunrise our time....around noon to 1pm to the east coast and CO area..... Perhaps sunrise is significant...I don't know. I am hoping some people that DO know what ecliptic orbit and all the space geek talk means.

That's why I started the thread...I want to know

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinaed

Because time stands still for no man???

The US Military as a whole has many different schedules, in many different departments in many different sections.
A Nuke inspection at a base does not stop it from completing day to day operations.

While I do look at this with conspiracy colored glasses, I think you may be reading into it too much.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CinaedThe most interesting thing about this form of communication is when put into use....it jams ALL other forms of communication on the planet...

Strange, I remember TVs operating on UHF. But never heard about it shutting down all other communications at the time.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

If you look into haarp you will find that IS part of it's ability... The whole thing was part of Star Wars that Reagan tried to get through Congress and failed.

This program involving the Gakona Array was shuffled into a *communication project* and continued.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

If you read about this launch you find it is all about NEW secured channels. I wish I knew more about communications and UHF and all that, but I don't... casting it off as old TV frequencies seems kind of assumptive to me, I doubt the Navy would spend all the time and energy to *secure* obsolete technology or ability. My guess is the old TV channels and these 10 new ones are VAST differences

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
what the OP is trying to say,

is that IF the exercise is REALLY supposed to be simulating a DEFCON 1 status. then its doubtful they would be deploying any scheduled unrelated satellites launches until we are no longer at the level of "maximum readiness for imminent nuclear war" . unless of course its offensive/defensive move related to the situation.

a DEFCON status is not relegated to one region, its the state of the entire nation's military.

you dont just casually go to a defcon 1 in Colorado, and have everything be peachy in alaska. specially if its the navy launching it as they too would be at the same readiness level.

there is no level higher than defcon 1. i would think if we were in a situation like that, and we launched a satellite, it would probably be perceived by our enemy as an attack on them (icbm or something).

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

THANK YOU! I do not grasp the lingo well enough to ding the bell of those who find themselves extremely intelligent....

You articulated very well what I am putting my finger on and explaining poorly

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join