It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: falling satellite could impact eastern U.S.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnnunakiReturn

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by TheAnnunakiReturn,BobAthome

Where in NC are you located?

Hey Bobathome: Make sure to run when you hear the sirens, could be that huge guy coming after us.

edit on 24-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Davie county north carolina...... between winston-salem and lexington

Your 3 hours from me I think. I didn't see anything, I was too busy sleeping. Sounded like some good excitement though. I'm near Raleigh. Bummer, would been cool if you had the camera out.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Let me ask you this then, what in your knowledge did UARS do for 20 years? Was it that important (if it did do what they purport that is) to endanger people?

uars.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Summary of the Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite (UARS)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnnunakiReturn

That's a very interesting story but WHERE was this? What direction? Were you replying to my post about that incredibly bright red/green light in the eastern sky before?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAnnunakiReturn

reply to post by TheAnnunakiReturn,BobAthome

Where in NC are you located?

Hey Bobathome: Make sure to run when you hear the sirens, could be that huge guy coming after us.

Davie county north carolina...... between winston-salem and lexington

Your 3 hours from me I think. I didn't see anything, I was too busy sleeping. Sounded like some good excitement though. I'm near Raleigh. Did you get any pictures on the cell phone?

Nice to have a fellow north carolina native on this site......

I'm telling you... I was tempted to call some type of emergency service but instead of getting all riled up and doing that I just stayed watching this from my front porch until it finally "dimmed away" around 11:00. I was completely captivated and in awe of this wonderful light..... it was cloudy too and I took that into account but this thing was shining THROUGH the clouds when they passed by at my house.... and it was no cloud cover when I was watching in my aunt's driveway anyway. It was in a clear area and it was blatantly disappearing, reappearing, and changing colors. it was absolutely amazing and this encounter alone has forced me to invest in some type of digital camera. I will be prepared next time....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Psst. I know what it was for (because I just read it yesterday) but I was trying to make a point.

We tend to sacrifice a few for a good cause but my point was, what was this cause? The average person had no idea this satellite was even up there. And if this ended up killing someone no one in their right mind will say he/she was killed for the betterment of mankind because we didn't even know this friggin thing was UP there to begin with.

Besides, I don't trust anything NASA says. So if their story is: the UARS was to check out the ozone layer or whatever.....I say they were probably placing spy satellites with x-ray lens up there then. Or working with HAARP and chemtrails.

NASA in my book is NOT to be trusted at all. You should hear some of the stories coming from former employees turn whistle blowers. It'll blow your socks off. Hell just look at the Gary McKinnon case.
edit on 24-9-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

actually,,
for a friday night,,
small town,,
u could hear,
a
pin
drop,,

not a very big pin ,
either,

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

No the fact is I did not choose for any people to drive their cars either. I did not choose for people to play golf. I did not choose for my neighbors to mow their lawns. Yet every day I run the risk of these activities injuring or killing me. Do I complain about it, do I hide in fear? No I go on with my life as I know the odds are very small that it will be me, even if the odds are very large that it will be someone.

Just saying, that to be upset that there was a remote chance this would injure someone is very hypocritical. As we ourselves pose far more danger to our neighbors on a daily basis. This satellite over the course of its 20 year mission had one shot at injuring someone, and the odds of that one shot were very slim. While we take our shots at injuring people every day, and our odds are very great.

AS for UARS. It studied the Ozone layer. It studied its makeup, and its coverage. Looking for information on its deterioration, and composition for way to prevent its loss and maybe replenish it. It studied Winds and temperatures in the upper atmosphere to better understand weather patterns. Possible giving a better understanding of things like hurricanes and tornadoes. This may give scientists a better understanding of how they form, how to predict them, and how to track them. It also measured solar radiation giving us clues on how much of this radiation our atmosphere protects us from, and what affect it might have on other orbital entities. If you were really interested in what it did, and not just implying it was a useless bit of space junk you can start your research here.

uars.gsfc.nasa.gov...

To the other poster talking about the odds of this happening meaning that it would have happened by now…

The fact is that object the size of the parts of UARS that were expected to survive re entry and impact the ground do indeed fall almost daily, be it man made junk, or natural objects like a meteor. So far not one bit of mad made junk has caused any injuries. However meteors on the other hand have. So yes you are correct in a way. Over time you can expect that a meteor or manmade junk will indeed injure a person. However Since a space craft, like a satellite or a space station etc. is rarely de orbited it is less likely for it to be this. Other man made junk like rocket boosters etc. Are indeed very carefully planned to land in unpopulated areas, and thus reduce the risk of injury. So that leaves the natural objects. And yes indeed these have and will continue to injure people. And eventually a bit of manmade junk will injure a person and it will be tragic. But will it be a reason to cease to place man made junk in orbit? Not very likely.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by byeluvolk

We'll never agree on much because you see things from your prospective and I from mine. It's cool though.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

That's a very interesting story but WHERE was this? What direction? Were you replying to my post about that incredibly bright red/green light in the eastern sky before?

Yes i was replying to your post and I was facing or looking approximately in a southwesternly direction... the twinkling light was more towards the south east and the main one was southwestern....

the other thing that was fascinating about the less brilliant light was that it appeared to be moving in odd curve motions..... it was stationary for the most part (around 90% of the time but it moved two or three times...and it did seem to move in an upward curve motion and then settle... disappear and reappear..... the main light was otherworldly though!!!!

Dont have a video of this which is a real shame but when I do get a camera ( very soon) I will interview my aunt and my cousin and upload the interviews with full accounting on what happened 9/23/2011 between 9:45 pm and 11:00 pm... they have NO reason to lie... my aunt is a full on holy roller and even she was shaken to the core.... im certain she will give her full account with 100% full honesty and integrity.....

Like I said im not here to cause ANY kind of uproar... im an open minded guy... I believe anybody with a fully functioning brain knows that there are other beings in this universe and that we are not alone. At the same time im not suggesting this was aliens or anything... I honestly dont know what the %@$^ this was but whatever it was it was destined to be... and I fully accept it. Im not a religious guy.... im just an "every day love life" live each moment to the fullest kind of guy. I know there are mysteries out there that cant be explained and for some reason I feel like something big along the lines of " a new understanding" is on the horizon. If this involves ETs, comets, alternative energies, etc... then so be it... I'm full and ready for whatever is to come.. .there is no reason to be afraid... accept life for what it is because to me real life is better than any sci fi flick.... KEEP YOUR EYES TO THE SKY... THERE ARE SOME HIDDEN ANSWERS UP THERE JUST GOTTA FIND THEM AND FIGURE IT OUT.... maybe we as a society will figure it out someday.. .at least I hope so for the sake of human kind and all of earth's inhabitants!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Unconfirmed reports that some pieces may have landed south of Calgary called Okotoks

Population (as of June 2011 Municipal Census) - 23,981
www.okotoks.ca...

And it wasn't even their satellite!

So much for those old 'odds'

But of course, the odds of any of these small pieces were what 1 in 3200?

No more NASA.
They should close their doors and stop wasting everyone's money. Nothing good has ever come from them. Nothing but Moon rocks? Saying there was no life. But 40 years later, there's water? Liars. You can not nor should not trust them.

edit on 24-9-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Yes I see you have a distrust of NASA, and I am not trying to argue this point. This is after all, like you said, a conspiracy site. Most people here have one conspiracy or another they buy into. So I do not belittle you and your trust of NASA in general. But on this specific topics with verifiable facts I was just pointing out it was a bit hypocritical. NASA may indeed be a front for NWO, Illuminati, CIA, Alien invaders, or whatever your personal theory is. I am not here to argue that; I was just making a point on the safety issue is all.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Sounds like we were seeing two different points of lights because the one I saw was over the Atlantic Ocean. North of Orion Belt.
It was in the spot of Betelgeuse only it did not look like a star at all. It was red on the left side and green on the right. That's why I thought it was a helicopter with navigation lights.
But it didn't move for about 20 minutes.

I went back to look and it turned back into a regular old star. Bright. but not as bright and colorful as I had just seen.

So I have no idea what I saw or what you saw. But if you were looking SW then you might've seen the UARS moving towards you.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by byeluvolk

I know you were.

But now that unconfirmed reports put the debris field (IF....there was any debris) in a small town up in Canada,then... I think my point speaks for itself.

Risk is risk. Like you said, there's enough risk. So why add to it? We should minimize it. I don't see any satellites important enough. In fact, I deplore technology in general. We're heading in the wrong direction as a species. I think this was a sweeter, kinder and closer world only 150 years ago!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Yes, Twitter updates are saying that debris is falling over Okotoks, Alberta.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

This just came out from Okotoks, Canada

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Sounds like we were seeing two different points of lights because the one I saw was over the Atlantic Ocean. North of Orion Belt.
It was in the spot of Betelgeuse only it did not look like a star at all. It was red on the left side and green on the right. That's why I thought it was a helicopter with navigation lights.
But it didn't move for about 20 minutes.

I went back to look and it turned back into a regular old star. Bright. but not as bright and colorful as I had just seen.

So I have no idea what I saw or what you saw. But if you were looking SW then you might've seen the UARS moving towards you.

could've been... but the thing is it was like this light source was playing peek-a-boo in the sky. Truly outstanding and almost brought me to tears.... I hate myself for not having any kind of video evidence to back this up but at the same time I have a feeling this is just the beginning of some truly awesome stuff that is about to happen or continue happening in our day to day existence..... this experience has given me a whole new outlook on what life is and in what direction we are headed as a people.... we have the choice to change and upgrade our train of thought and how we operate here on earth.. instead of worrying about money and big business we need to be figuring out a way to utilize the full compass of available natural and intangible energies.... the major organizations (NASA and others) that have knowledge of advanced technologies, existence of other beings, etc.... need to be disclosing these facts to the people so when some $%#& does go down we wont have mass suicides and crazy fools running around looting and killing because they think it's the end of the world.... it's time we all got on the same wavelength and quit the downgrading each other and using other fellow humans as stepping stones for personal gain... it's time we embraced our fellow beings and creatures.... worked towards the positive and start implementing a survivalist/technology driven understanding so we can last as long as we can in this vast universe....

Think about it.. .if we didn't have wars, behind the scenes tampering, big brother looking over your shoulder, restrictive governments etc.... if we didn't have those to worry about and instead we devoted all our energy and brain power into a positive understanding towards preserving this planet and ourselves then it's no telling how far more advanced we would be right now....

WE ARE SO ADVANCED IN SPITE OF OUR DESTRUCTIVE WAYS!!!!!! IT'S LIKE WE TAKE TWO STEPS BACK WITH OUR DESTRUCTION AND A HALF A STEP FORWARD WITH OUR LEAPS IN TECHNOLOGY (with some of the technology being used for destruction... lol ...
) WELL IMAGINE A WORLD WITH PEACE... A KNOWLEDGE DRIVEN WORLD SET ON SURVIVING AND BETTERING OUR PLANET!!!! ONE DAY!!!!!!

peace brethren and KEEP to the skies and listen out for mother nature..... if you haven't felt these happenings now or feel like something is truly about to happen... well trust me you will soon... I'm not the type to buy in to all the conspiracies and non sense ( I even laughed off Y2K... end of world scenarios,,,, etc...) but there is definitely something afoot. It necessarily doesn't mean it's something bad but something BIG is on the horizon... to where you are either gonna be forced to accept this new understanding or you're gonna go crazy.....
I prefer to keep my sanity bar full and my mind wide open along with my third eye.... so whatever happens let it happen.. dont fight it and dont panic... we will make it through in one way/form or another....

Peace out though.... im laying down for the night (its been crazy and hopefully I'll have some crazy dream to top it all off)

It's funny I say that though because I was napping earlier today and had a very quick dream/image (i say image because it was like a flash)..... it was really bright orb that lasted for a split second and then someone said my name but it was like an inner voice (like a voice you hear when you are thinking to yourself... it was female... and this inner voice thing has NEVER happened to me in a dream before) I immediately woke up and thought someone was at the door for some reason (have no clue why)... I go take a look and nobody.... I didn't think of it too much but now that I think about I think it was some kind of heads up from somewhere or something of a higher plane of existence or maybe even a sub-conscience understanding we haven't fully tapped into yet or fully understand yet.... not necessarily anything ominous but more along the lines of something BIG is about to happen.....

EYES TO THE SKIES everyone

I'm out!!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by misfitoy

This just came out from Okotoks, Canada

And it's probably a hoax. Be ready for more.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by misfitoy

Oh, nvm... just saw there is a thread already discussing this vid
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

LOL wow - my timing is something tonight.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join