It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: falling satellite could impact eastern U.S.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indecent

Originally posted by Sakrateri
Everyone please remember this little piece of advice from NASA

If you find something you think may be a piece of UARS, do not touch it. Contact a local law enforcement official for assistance.

yeah.....Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, Im gonna do that. if its close enough for me to see then it was probably a pretty damn close call that I didnt get hit and killed so in my view something that came that close to killing me but didnt should be mine.....No?

No. If someone almost hits you with their car, it certainly doesn't make their car yours.

yea it does...if you got the right lawyer.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede

If you're going to do that, I hope you're sleeping under a lead blanket.
Nanu, nanu!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede

Lol if somone threw thier car up into the air and said where it lands nobody knows and it almost hit me damn right I would take it, then run the sob over with it.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Quote from Human_Alien

NASA is recalculating their math because their reentry hours were way off. So if their math was wrong then their PROMISE of this NOT hitting land (last month) is obviously wrong.

I don't see such a statement in the article you linked and here is the actual statement from NASA:

Update #9Thursday, September 22, 2011 4:01 PMAs of 9:30 p.m. EDT Sept. 22, 2011, the orbit of UARS was 110 mi by 115 mi (175 km by 185 km). Re-entry is possible sometime during the afternoon or early evening of Sept. 23, Eastern Daylight Time. The satellite will not be passing over North America during that time period. It is still too early to predict the time and location of re-entry with any more certainty, but predictions will become more refined in the next 24 hours.

www.nasa.gov...

I don't see a promise there. What else ya got?

edit on 9/24/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sakrateri
reply to post by lkpuede

Lol if somone threw thier car up into the air and said where it lands nobody knows and it almost hit me damn right I would take it, then run the sob over with it.

i know that's right.

that one lady who got hit by Skylab or whatever she still has the piece. shyt if i get hit by a gulldarn satellite, or if it even lands in my yard, i'm keepin it. i prolly won't have it for long 'cause i'll be bragging about it on Facebook, but i'll keep it as long as i can! lol

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by lkpuede
i sure hope no aliens really are watching us.

they are either laughing their asses off...

...or we are toast.

But I am and not laughing the entire time but, there have been moments since the inception of this thread though.

You're not toast. NASA said everything is alright and the POTUS is sleeping well so....it's all okay.

I am hearing the satellite communication system is down. WHAT?? There might not be anymore NASA updates??? I didn't see that coming

They're not sure if it fell or not.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede

I might be an optimist but I do not believe the world is going to end at any time. We have been told so many lies and been filled with too many myths and regardless of all that is going on in the world today - the only changes that I sense are with society. Society begins and ends within itself and restructures and begins again but the world? it is still standing and revolving and I feel this will always be so.

I have an amazing book of the History of the Uk and the early Kings - they beat the hell out of each other snatching lands - killing hundreds if disease and plague did not get them first - murder and coveting over thousands of years is normal for humans on earth - I only say this because History shows us this and that is certainly not isolated behavioiur but is worldwide.

While the fighting, greed and overstepping of one hierarchy to another reaches each peak and trough along the way - the wonderful fact is that the trees still grow, the rain still falls, the clouds still form, the sun comes out, vegetation springs up and the earth takes it all on board what a hopeless bunch of t**** the human race really are .- NONETHELESS - the world continues in its little pocket of space, forever revolving in its myth, its antiquity and its beautiful constellations in the surrounding black.

I doubt the world will ever end - but society will rise and fall just like it always did.
edit on 24-9-2011 by ELEVATOR7 because: missed out a word!

edit on 24-9-2011 by ELEVATOR7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Does anyone actually know how much radioactive material this thing is carrying?
Did Skylab have radioactive material?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

None.
No.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

i sure hope no aliens really are watching us.

they are either laughing their asses off...

...or we are toast.

But I am and not laughing the entire time but, there have been moments since the inception of this thread though.

You're not toast. NASA said everything is alright and the POTUS is sleeping well so....it's all okay.

I am hearing the satellite communication system is down. WHAT?? There might not be anymore NASA updates??? I didn't see that coming

They're not sure if it fell or not.

who, or what, is a POTUS?

i wasn't never worried about that satellite. i been tracking that for a minute. that and few other Solid Bodies from the former Soviet Union. shyt i'm way more worried about the Venus Lander that is still floating around up there. that's much bigger and far more dangerous than this little thing. it's not called a Venus Lander they have some other fancy name for it. it was sent up by USSR and never managed to escape and now it's just floating around. wish i had my other computer at hand i could tell you what it is but my wife's foot is on me and i can't move. lol
edit on 24-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2011 by lkpuede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought I'd heard it had some kind of radioactive chemical in it acting as a battery of sorts. Glad that's cleared up as a negative.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by lkpuede

President of the United States

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Is there anyone in SE Florida?

If so, please take a look outside. Look due-east. At around 9 o'clock (Orion's belt being around 3 o'clock) there's a red/green pulsating light. It's the size of a star. But it's RED and GREEN? What is that? Is this, that?...the UARS? Although it's not moving.

I've never seen a 'star' twinkle those colors at such a distance.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cohort
reply to post by lkpuede

President of the United States

en.wikipedia.org...

DoH!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The radio announcers think the satellite is down.

I gotta see if anyone posted a thread on this red/green star in the sky. It's very unusual looking. I thought it was a helicopter but it still hasn't moved.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Nevermind. I thought it was still drizzling out, but it's clear now and I didn't see any red and green flashing thing.
edit on 24-9-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I gotta see if anyone posted a thread on this red/green star in the sky. It's very unusual looking. I thought it was a helicopter but it still hasn't moved.

yea i saw that here in New Mexico an hour and a half ago. just after the second piece went over head. i showed my wife, came in and got a cigarette, went back out and it was gone. it was to the east. i couldn't tell what colors it was blinking, but it had lights and it was blinking. it was hovering. it was not moving. ABQ airport and two major military air bases are very near by so you get to knowing planes in the distance and helicopters and the like.

this was neither.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

If so, please take a look outside. Look due-east. At around 9 o'clock (Orion's belt being around 3 o'clock) there's a red/green pulsating light. It's the size of a star. But it's RED and GREEN? What is that? Is this, that?...the UARS? Although it's not moving.

Is this where you saw it?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

yea i saw that here in New Mexico an hour and a half ago. just after the second piece went over head. i showed my wife, came in and got a cigarette, went back out and it was gone. it was to the east. i couldn't tell what colors it was blinking, but it had lights and it was blinking. it was hovering. it was not moving. ABQ airport and two major military air bases are very near by so you get to knowing planes in the distance and helicopters and the like.

this was neither.

This red/green thing either left or it's a star now. But, people know me know I am not sensationalist nor a truth-bender but this object was pulsating red and green. Like I said, I thought it was a helicopter. The colors were very clear from far away.

I have no idea what to think. Maybe it was a piece of this craft and was moving slow? I don't know. This is why I would really APPRECIATE someone to update us. Not that they can tell us what we're seeing but at least we could eliminate some possibilities.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Is this where you saw it?

I think maybe. But man, it was very sharp and pristine. I've never seen such color in a star before but that is exactly the spot.

Now, I see (probably Betelgeuse) just a regular star. But I'm telling you, if I didn't know better I would've thought that was maybe this satellite.

Thanks for posting. I appreciate it

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join