It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the UARS cause a Zombie Apocalypse?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

All the OP said was "What if..." What's the harm in that? The response given was an unnecessary personal attack. He got what he gave. Problem?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by userid1

Your post was a blatent attack on tgp, that had NOTHING to do with this thread. Why did you try to use the OP as an example lol, you seem.. discombobulated....

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by spw184

So was TPG's response - a blatant attack. Just because I used an example from another thread to support the point doesn't really diminish the point I was trying to make.

I believe we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one - it's doubtful we'll change each other's minds.

edit on 23-9-2011 by userid1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65
reply to post by LDragonFire

You just won the prize for the stupidest thread of the week .

Congrats and I hope you enjoy your half second of fame

I wouldn't speak so soon, we have another contender.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Thanks Sir, make ya feel good, to insult a serious thread ....in another thread?
There are swathes of imbecellic threads on the internet, but polite humans , recognise tongue in cheek and live and let live, this thread is at least imaginative , unfortubately imaginativ epeople are cursed by the brain dead dare I say it Zombies?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
if it could have happened already, then it would have by now. or something like that, right?

we are continuing to play with fire by shipping live viruses and testing them in labs, which in certain circumstances i'm all for, as the need to understand our world is a key fundamental to our survival, but for all we know, we could create a potentially fatal mix and cause an unforseen reaction with the simplest of catalysts.

I'm not sure about zombies, there must be some sort of biological/psychological reason we have this natural fear to it though, as we have witnessed in the animal kingdom, it is possible.
But I think the more potent fears should lie in viruses that just kill us without warning.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Dude, put the bong down and shut off the Romero movies.

We should have a conspiracy humor section on here.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

its impossible for the dead to rise like in George A Romeros films (they are legendary films tho) although some kind of virus that turns normal people zombie-like as seen in the film '28 Days later' is more likely (still an extremely low chance of it happening tho).

many people laugh when you mention a zombie virus, but just do a google search on zombie insects that are infected with virus' or isect lavae that turn their hosts into zombies, its quite fasinating

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

many people laugh when you mention a zombie virus, but just do a google search on zombie insects that are infected with virus' or isect lavae that turn their hosts into zombies, its quite fasinating
reply to post by DaveNorris

I thought it was interesting that you have mentioned this.

There have been several "unknown" viruses and even some bacteria found to be "living" in the extreme upper limits of our atmosphere.

Who can say what effects some of these could have once they were let loose on the general populations of earth.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
When I first read the title, I had a smile, but after reading the OP, I thought it was an interesting question.

Maybe some would have felt the subject more serious if the question had been " Could the UARS cause an Andromeda Strain incident?"

It is, essentially, the same idea. A satellite falls back on Earth and a virus that was on board starts killing people by instantly dehydrating blood. It later mutates and ends up eating rubber or plastic before they lose its trace.

You can either read the book or watch the movie. ( There is an old one and a recent one. I like the old one. )

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
So, from what I've learnt from another thread, Colonel Gaddafi would be causing a zombie apocalypse. Way to wreak revenge on the infidels.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Lock and Load...Shoot them if they moan......Hell's yeah the zombies are a comin

Only Jesus haters think the dead cant rise. don't hate jesus

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

So... Zombification should be seen as some form of Divine Gift?!...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

If you want just an idea, dont matter to me

have fun

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

If I'm not mistaken when people and vehicles return for space they are quarantined. There is little hope of the UARS being quarantined as it's debris field will be spread over great distances. I used zombie to illustrate the radical form of unknown substances that could have entered our environment.

Those with little or no imagination will see no possible threat of this event, other than it falling on top of your head. In reality a event such as this could be the event that knocks humanity to the brink of extinction.

Anyway, so far so good as there have been no reports of people attacking or eating other people yet.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Well we can hope that the high heat of reentry itself would serve as a sterilization process although I suppose its just as likely to be a catalyst. The thing is both man made and natural objects enter Earth's atmosphere every day.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I can't find a link about microbial lifeforms being dormant in orbit after tremendous explosions on Earth ( volcanoes, meteorite impact, etc. ). I think I read once that they had found some encased in a shell the lifeforms had built from surrounding dust, in space.

But here it says many micro lifeforms can survive reentry and impact on a planet...

Imagine a fungi that creates zombies from the dinosaur era... One can never know.

edit on 24-9-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Here lately, I am never surprised by the complete lack of consideration some members give to others threads.

While this thread has to be "understood" in order to be commented about, anyone, and I do mean anyone that would state that there is a zero percent chance of anything happening is showing me and others what a fruit cake thinks like when the question exceeds the fruit cakes limited ability to comprehend what the question is all about in the first place.

I think it is very prudent to consider and or think that the UARS could have had any number of secret biological agents, compounds or viruses of some sort that were being developed, experimented on or weaponized is not out of the realm of possibilities considering who we are dealing with.

Even if some NASA spokesperson stated there was no such dangers, these days, I still would question what they say, because of course NASA must be trusted with what they tell us or it must be viewed as the lying agency that it has become.

Consider the last mission to the UARS and then how NASA announced that the astronauts were coming home prematurely. This is when this whole affair began sounding odd.

Then consider that in order for the UARS to enter the earths atmosphere at just the precise timing in order to finally crash on key dates that are part of many other things that are going on with military drills in Denver and some 81 or more federal agencies and also timed to Comet Elenin, and well, I see more than a zero percent chance of something going on that is not quite right.

Maybe you see it and perhaps you don't, but just consider the following.

To use the UARS as the delivery means of any biological agents or viruses intended of course would have to be timed to other global events that would also be part of that bigger agenda.

Using the UARS as a marker or trigger of operational time relative to the overall bigger agenda while also using it as the delivery mechanism is highly plausible and so I don't ignore it for that basis alone.

Any normal person would state even he knew nothing more, that we just don't know what the UARS has to do with anything else going on, but it could be and may be the means to begin a pandemic of sorts over some type of agent that of course has no cure for the the little people.

Such an "Incident" could and would be explained away by those within NASA and the government as being just plain impossible. Later, if caught in their lies, they could state that scientist and biologist all thought and reported that such alleged agents would be burned up in the earths atmosphere. Now who wouldn't believe that?

In such a way, if timed to other key world events and national concerns, such an event of this type could be used by the federal government to respond in some manner that they have already known they would need in order to deal with whatever they will say it is causing.

While some "Zombie" type plague could begin to spread as we have already been conditioned to consider, I find that the UARS crash could very well be the means to do many covert things other than just burn and crash.

While I don't look for conspiracy in every event, there are some events that are better suited than others and it is these types of events that the UARS falls into and a good one indeed. To also consider that this is not coincidence would be prudent as well to consider when giving odds of anything happening.

Let's hope that it really is a pure nothing event. We can all hope for such, but if something does begin as if it is some marker of time from the crash of the UARS, then it could be the clue that warns of much more to come.

That's all this event is to me. It is just an indicator of much more to come or nothing more than some space station that crashed and burned.

While we wont have long to wait to find out, until this period has passed, I will give it the consideration that should be given it, even if there are those ATS members that such a thought hurts their brain to consider or even to discuss.

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

While reading your post, a question came to mind which I think may bare some consideration. Not that anything can be done!

Could have been that @65 million years ago an asteroid struch the earth. Not the planet killer the size which has been discussed, but smaller "virus carrier" kind. It could have kicked up a lot of dabri and caused a lot of damage but far worse, carried a substance which then caused a much slower extinction rate than has been told.

There is some doubts of ALL the dinosaurs dying at one time.

If it happened once, it might happen again.

Just so we keep up the idea of a conspiracy as this site is known for:

What if ??

This has been planned as a means of the "population reduction" which has been the plans for the "rulling eliets" for years.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Thought I'd never say it. Yep. Zombie Apocalypse, at this point, looks certain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join