It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration to Ban Asthma Inhalers Over Environmental Concerns

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

The Rx drugs are better.
edit on 9/25/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

And up to 3 times more expensive - in the current administration's failed economy. Plus, you have to add in the cost of the doctor's visits involved in getting the prescriptions.

Sounds like you're pushing a bad - but still elitist - metaphor for "let them eat cake".

edit on 9/26/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
And up to 3 times more expensive

Not really. With insurance a prescription inhaler can be had for around $7-10 (for the generic brands, which i opt for). The OTC Primatine inhalers will run you $15-20.

Without insurance, who knows.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

And up to 3 times more expensive

Not really. With insurance a prescription inhaler can be had for around $7-10 (for the generic brands, which i opt for). The OTC Primatine inhalers will run you $15-20.

Without insurance, who knows.

Really? I want your insurance. With mine (generic brands and all) I'm paying $50.00.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhorse
reply to post by centurion1211

The difference is in the propellant not the medicine itself. However, when they tested the hfa propellant inhalers they only tested them on people with healthy lungs. Many asthmatics (like myself) have adverse reactions to the new inhalers, and find they are not nearly as effective. I now must us a nebulizer when I never needed one before, and have become newly dependent upon steroids to control my asthma as well. My illness escalated immediately after the switch. Also, the previous cfc inhalers would cost me five dollars, and the new ones cost me fifty. Nice.

Exactly. These new inhalers are very ineffective compared to the old. I wish I had known at the time the began phasing out that this was going to happen or I would have tried to stock up...not sure if other people have been able to get the older type, but we haven't seen them around here for the last two years.
edit on 26-9-2011 by Redux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhorse

Really? I want your insurance. With mine (generic brands and all) I'm paying $50.00.

Ew, that's unfortunate. You're getting screwed

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I missed the date. Sorry it seemed to offend you so much.

I was not at all offended I just expect some people such as yourself with these wild opinions you cannot wait to express to actually gather up some facts before you go on to express them. I have read a lot of your posts and you seem intelligent enough to read a small article yet you just hopped on the hate Obama for things Bush did train and well, I guess I just expected more. Now that you got your facts right, where is the anti-Bush post to go with it?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
And now none other than michael moore is suggesting that it is "patriotic" for Americans to wait longer for health care. No doubt he also considers it "patriotic" to pay more for their medications.

But wait!

Didn't the democrats push obamacare through in part because medical costs were too high?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

And now none other than michael moore is suggesting that it is "patriotic" for Americans to wait longer for health care. No doubt he also considers it "patriotic" to pay more for their medications.

But wait!

Didn't the democrats push obamacare through in part because medical costs were too high?

Yes they did. What does that have to do with what Moore said? Or does it have to do with what else you "bet" he would say?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenWun

But wait!

Yes they did. What does that have to do with what Moore said? Or does it have to do with what else you "bet" he would say?

Obamacare was supposed to make healthcare better for Americans, not worse.

And I define worse as a leading dem coming out and saying that having it worse is now somehow "patriotic".

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It's all about money. Obama's banning the over counter inhalers so big Pharma can make more money.

That's all there is to it. He's got campaign financeers who need more revenue from you.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

It's all about money. Obama's banning the over counter inhalers so big Pharma can make more money.

That's all there is to it. He's got campaign financeers who need more revenue from you.

What part of "Banning CFCs in Asthma Inhalers Was Enacted in 2006 by BUSH" don't you understand? The law was written so that it wouldn't go into effect until 2011.

If you and the OP didn't like this law, why didn't you speak up back when it was written in 2006? Why would you wait 5 years to complain, and then proceed to blame the wrong president?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by FallenWun

i, actually, would rather make an "anti-US Government" post.

Bush, Obama. They are both "Republicrats". I jump on the bandwagon of bashing the office, not the peon residing in it. Obama just happens to be the name of the peon du jour.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by Pervius

What part of "Banning CFCs in Asthma Inhalers Was Enacted in 2006 by BUSH" don't you understand? The law was written so that it wouldn't go into effect until 2011.

If you and the OP didn't like this law, why didn't you speak up back when it was written in 2006? Why would you wait 5 years to complain, and then proceed to blame the wrong president?

If I'd known about it back in 2006, I surely would have complained about there being no medical exemption, when there are far more egregious polluters out there.

However, earth to Blackmarketeer: It is now 2011. It is obama's presidency. He can and does change rules implemented under Bush.

So, why not this one?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by Pervius

If I'd known about it back in 2006, I surely would have complained about there being no medical exemption, when there are far more egregious polluters out there.

However, earth to Blackmarketeer: It is now 2011. It is obama's presidency. He can and does change rules implemented under Bush.

So, why not this one?

God man...you got caught with your pants down i.e trying to blame Obama for something Bush implemented, and your still trying to spin this anti-Obama? Since this has been in the works for years, don't you think the manufactures have had to change production methods and turning back the dial will cost even more money and therefore may raise the price even higher? And do you want Obama to focus on something like this when the economy is in the crapper, the US is involved in 3 plus wars and unemployment is sky high? Do you even think this comes across his desk?

Use your head man......at least least pick something to grip about that is important, not this minutia. This forum sucks more everyday because of # like this........
edit on 26-9-2011 by Connector because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Reply to post by mastahunta

Of course, the anti-obama folks will ignore the date and blame him anyway.

Doofuses.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

And I define worse as a leading dem coming out and saying that having it worse is now somehow "patriotic".

So when your OP premise fails, just shift the argument to Obamacare.

I am not going to argue whether or not Obama's HCR has made things worse or better in this thread. I am sure we differ and where I use facts, you have your AM radio talking points.

This has nothing to do with Obama or his HCR. Salvage some remaining shred of respect and just accept that you jumped the gun in your fervor to bash Obama and move on to something real.

Moore may have said something you did not like but I fail to see what that has to do with this and I also fail to find the same anger you have for something you "BET" he MIGHT say. I am still trying to figure out how that works. I see it a lot on ATS lately.

People post " I bet some liberal would say ....." then they go on to get upset over what they just imagined. Kinda like you did with the thing you BET Moore MIGHT say.

Bring it around full circle and get back on your own topic and let's see how that works out for you. Calling Moore a Bush supporter?
edit on 26-9-2011 by FallenWun because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by FallenWun

i, actually, would rather make an "anti-US Government" post.

I'd rather that to but that is not what happened.

Bush, Obama. They are both "Republicrats". I jump on the bandwagon of bashing the office, not the peon residing in it. Obama just happens to be the name of the peon du jour.

Just saying it is a little surprising that you read this OP and jumped on the anti-Obama train without actually getting the facts. Take that as a compliment.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Is there's ever a day that goes by without seeing an attack on Obama? I mean jeesh, if the guy sneezed in public their would be a thread on him trying to infect everyone with a deadly virus.

I have to agree.

These kinds of debates based on BS occur not just on ATS, but on the conservative internet forums and boards as well.

They drive me nuts on two fronts.

(1) They are often pure BS. Like this thread where Pres. Bush implemented and passed the regulation to phase out the old Asthma inhalers, but the phase out comes to a conclusion in 2011...so the spin is...
Obama Administration to Ban Asthma Inhalers Over Environmental Concerns

Just BS.

(2) The second reason these threads drive me nuts is beyond their inheritant dishonesty...they are trivial and intentional distractions from issues that DO need debating.

My God...with the historic economic suffering in the USA and abroad, the new spring in the middle east, US troops still in Afghanistan etc... To shout about an asthma inhaler or Obama stuttering on a word in a speech...God help us.

I can only conclude that it is a deliberate attempt by certain media outlets to distract from productive conversations. It emenates predominately from the right, but the left does it too. I could care less whether Palin slept with some guy...unless that revelation somehow will create jobs or hasten our exit from Afghanistan.

It just sucks to see so much of this propaganda and distraction being championed on a website supposedly dedicated to denying ignorance.
edit on 27-9-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-9-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
Reply to post by mastahunta

Of course, the anti-obama folks will ignore the date and blame him anyway.

Doofuses.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Another name caller.

When will any of you get it that it's the signal that you have nothing left intellectually. It's waving the white flag in a debate.

Of course the pro-obama folks will ignore today's date and keep trying to blame Bush for bad policy that gets implemented under obama's watch.

Let's check the pro-obama "logic" for a minute - because obviously none of you ever do.

Bush gets credit for foolishly banning nasal inhalers even though it was implemented on obama's watch.

Bush still gets credit for the Solyndra loan, even though it was turned down under Bush and approved under obama.

The hunt for osama bin laden starts under the Bush administration, but obama gets credit because they happen to finally catch him - using infrastructure and tactics put into place under Bush - while obama is president.

Regardless of what you want to claim, my positions have always been straight forward.

As I've just shown, if you really want to see people using circular "logic", a few of you only need to look in the mirror.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FallenWun

So when your OP premise fails, just shift the argument to Obamacare.

The premise of the OP has failed --- only in your dreams. I include this with obamacare because it represents just one more example of the federal government intruding into people's healthcare.

I am not going to argue whether or not Obama's HCR has made things worse or better in this thread. I am sure we differ and where I use facts, you have your AM radio talking points.

Because you can't defend obamacare. You simply have no facts to support your position on obamacare.

This has nothing to do with Obama or his HCR. Salvage some remaining shred of respect and just accept that you jumped the gun in your fervor to bash Obama and move on to something real.

See above. It clearly is another example of the federal government - now run by obama - inserting itself into our private lives and medical choices. The poster description of obamacare.

Moore may have said something you did not like but I fail to see what that has to do with this and I also fail to find the same anger you have for something you "BET" he MIGHT say.

Can't help you if you cannot understand a direct quote from Moore - on obamacare.

I am still trying to figure out how that works. I see it a lot on ATS lately.

People post " I bet some liberal would say ....." then they go on to get upset over what they just imagined. Kinda like you did with the thing you BET Moore MIGHT say.

Exactly! Check the Palin smear thread(s) for some of the worst examples of liberals doing just that.

Bring it around full circle and get back on your own topic and let's see how that works out for you. Calling Moore a Bush supporter?
edit on 26-9-2011 by FallenWun because: (no reason given)

Show me where I've ever called moore a Bush supporter. Moore is the antithesis of anything a conservative would stand for.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join