It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration to Ban Asthma Inhalers Over Environmental Concerns

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Is there's ever a day that goes by without seeing an attack on Obama? I mean jeesh, if the guy sneezed in public their would be a thread on him trying to infect everyone with a deadly virus.

I have to agree.

These kinds of debates based on BS occur not just on ATS, but on the conservative internet forums and boards as well.

They drive me nuts on two fronts.

(1) They are often pure BS. Like this thread where Pres. Bush implemented and passed the regulation to phase out the old Asthma inhalers, but the phase out comes to a conclusion in 2011...so the spin is...
Obama Administration to Ban Asthma Inhalers Over Environmental Concerns

Just BS.

(2) The second reason these threads drive me nuts is beyond their inheritant dishonesty...they are trivial and intentional distractions from issues that DO need debating.

edit on 27-9-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

Here is where your true hypocrisy is exposed for all to see.

A simple ATS search using indigo5 and Palin brings back seven pages of hits, which are nothing more than perfect examples of you posting what you claim (above) that "drives you nuts".

Regarding your item (2) - While I create this OP and many others showing what's going wrong with the country under obama's presidency, you are concerning yourself with the details of "Palin's pregnancy" and other total (and real) BS. Which needs debating more, current medical issues facing all Americans, or as you would prefer, a Palin pregnancy? Are your posts not the perfect examples of "trivial and intentional distractions from issues that DO need debating"? I think so. Intellectually honest people will no doubt think so, too.

Let's see you try and defend that position from now on ...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Are your posts not the perfect examples of "trivial and intentional distractions from issues that DO need debating"? I think so. Intellectually honest people will no doubt think so, too.

Intellectually honest folks will recognize that I have debated Palin's credentials and capacity to serve in political office...not who she slept with.

Either way, as far as your post above. I will let the Mods sort out that rambling lump of dishonesty and personal attacks.

As for this...

Let's check the pro-obama "logic" for a minute - because obviously none of you ever do.

Bush gets credit for foolishly banning nasal inhalers even though it was implemented on obama's watch.

Bush still gets credit for the Solyndra loan, even though it was turned down under Bush and approved under obama.

The hunt for osama bin laden starts under the Bush administration, but obama gets credit because they happen to finally catch him - using infrastructure and tactics put into place under Bush - while obama is president.

Let's check the anit-obama "logic" for a minute - because obviously none of you ever do.

Your OP gets ripped to shreds by page 2, with honest posters providing links and substance showing that this regulation was passed under the former President Bush.

And then you scramble to engage in personal attacks and distraction.

What does Solyndra or Osama Bin Laden have to do with the Ban on certain old fashioned Asthma inhalers that Pres. Bush implemented?

Quick...Quick..Bait, get personal, change the topic!!!...but whatever you do, don't admit your OP was BS!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Pointing out the hypocrisy and errors in fact in your posts are hardly personal attacks, but I'm really sorry if I hurt your feelings.

In fact, doing so is just part of having a debate. So is using your own (mis)statements against you.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
for crying outloud

name one government program that has made life better for anyone and hasnt destroyed other people in the process

oh neo your silly thats what all that hope and change was about.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Or name one that hasn't turned into a bloated bureaucracy full of "workers" slowly shuffling back and forth to their appointed "tasks".

I work for a state government and see it every day.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Not going to happen as too many rely on these things to live.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Are your posts not the perfect examples of "trivial and intentional distractions from issues that DO need debating"? I think so. Intellectually honest people will no doubt think so, too.

Intellectually honest folks will recognize that I have debated Palin's credentials and capacity to serve in political office...not who she slept with.

Which political office is she - or her family - currently serving in?

Which political office is she - or her family - planning to serve in?

Guess you're still not getting it.

But, no worries, most of the rest of us do.

So, keep on bashing Palin and her family while most of the rest of deal with current issues involving people who are currently IN office. It actually makes our cause much easier to have you continuously chasing smokescreens and rainbows.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

So, keep on bashing Palin and her family while most of the rest of deal with current issues involving people who are currently IN office. It actually makes our cause much easier to have you continuously chasing smokescreens and rainbows.

Current issues? You mean like this piece of legislation from your OP that was passed back in 2006? The only reason you revived this ancient news is so you could blame Obama for something Bush did five years ago.

Who banned CFCs in Asthma Inhalers? BUSH

When did he ban these CFCs in Asthma Inhalers? 2006

Who do we blame? er Obama herp derp

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Yes, the very same one that was implemented this year - under the obama administration - when any reasonable president could have seized up on it as an opportunity to make political capital out of it - helping the little guy keep medical costs down - if for no other reason.

Again, by your logic, the operations put in place under the Bush administration got osama bin laden - not obama.

You can try, but you can't have it both ways.

edit on 9/29/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Again, by your logic, the operations put in place under the Bush administration got osama bin laden - not obama.

Since you seem desperately to want to avoid the topic or change the subject I will offer you a brief response to your faulty analogy here.

August 2005:
The White House instructs the CIA to dissolve Alec Station, the secret group tasked with capturing Osama Bin Laden. C.I.A. official Michael Scheuer, who at that time headed the bin Laden group, was told bin Laden was no longer a threat. Scheuer adamantly protested, but the group was dissolved anyway.
New York Times
C.I.A. Closes Unit Focused on Capture of bin Laden
www.nytimes.com...

June 2 2009:
Shortly after taking office, President Obama signs a memo to Director Panetta stating “ I direct you to provide me within 30 days a detailed operation plan for locating and bringing to justice Usama Bin Ladin…”

I know the facts must frustrate you, but maybe you can pick another analogy?
edit on 29-9-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please post on topic and discuss the subject and not each other.
This thread is NOT about Palin or Osama but about Asthma Inhalers.

Please take a moment to read the following that apply before you decide to post in this thread again.
Further such remarks can and will result in post removals and/or warnings including temporary posting bans.

Terms & Conditions Of Use

ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Trolling, And What To Do About It

YOU are responsible for your own posts

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join