It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration to Ban Asthma Inhalers Over Environmental Concerns

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by mastahunta
I notice that several things you have posted can be sourced to Bush, but you use them to
advance you anti Obama sentiment. Do you care about the truth of your arguments? It
seems rather indignant to use such a method.

Well, it's the EPA
And Obama did finalize it with some kind of greener inhaler.

So it the EPA when it was planned and implemented, but it is Obama when it is used as
political rhetoric?

I see

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I wonder if it's because some inhalers can be used to make meth.

I use a prescription inhaler and I can't get a refill without seeing a doctor. Which is really tough because sometimes you don't realize you are running low or misplace the inhaler.

They also don't carry the 60 dose - instead they make you buy the large 200 dose canister.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

I notice that several things you have posted can be sourced to Bush, but you use them to
advance you anti Obama sentiment. Do you care about the truth of your arguments? It
seems rather indignant to use such a method.

Well, it's the EPA
And Obama did finalize it with some kind of greener inhaler.

So it the EPA when it was planned and implemented, but it is Obama when it is used as
political rhetoric?

I see

I never said it wasn't the EPA. It matters not whether it's OBama or the EPA of Bush for that matter. The POTUS just signs this stuff. It wasn't by exec order I guess.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daughter2
I wonder if it's because some inhalers can be used to make meth.

I use a prescription inhaler and I can't get a refill without seeing a doctor. Which is really tough because sometimes you don't realize you are running low or misplace the inhaler.

They also don't carry the 60 dose - instead they make you buy the large 200 dose canister.

I was thinking that too.Ephedrine right? They also banned it in certain over the counter cold medicines, but then why say it's to protect the ozone? Two birds with one stone?
edit on 23-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Is there's ever a day that goes by without seeing an attack on Obama? I mean jeesh, if the guy sneezed in public their would be a thread on him trying to infect everyone with a deadly virus.

Heck, I don't agree with a lot of the guys policies, but it seems like people here just lie in wait to pounce on anything they can throw at this guy.

Half the time these accusations are taken out of context or people are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

I don't mean to offend anyone, but it really comes down to bickering between conservatives and democrats. It really is child's play and it takes the focus off the real issue. Why do we defend political parties when neither one of them have the average American's interest at heart?

If I had a salary of 180,000 dollars, the best healthcare policy in the country, living the luxury of most well to do Americans, traveling around the country and the world at taxpayer's expense, look forward to a pension that a lot of American's don't have, enjoy voting yourself raises, never have to contribute to social security, etc, etc.,

Than how can we even expect them to feel our pain? Yet we defend political parties like they do no wrong!

If you hate the guy this much, don't vote for him in 2012! Better yet, vote for Ron Paul and piss them all off!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Theater of the absurd.

The EPA under the obama administration actually believes there are enough asthmatics using inhalers out there to hurts the earth's atmosphere?????

For all those looking for a an example of OVER-REGULATION, here it is

source

Remember how Obama recently waived new ozone regulations at the EPA because they were too costly? Well, it seems that the Obama administration is would rather make people with Asthma cough up money than let them make a surely inconsequential contribution to depleting the ozone layer:

Asthma patients who rely on over-the-counter inhalers will need to switch to prescription-only alternatives as part of the federal government's latest attempt to protect the Earth's atmosphere.

But the switch to a greener inhaler will cost consumers more. Epinephrine inhalers are available via online retailers for around $20, whereas the alternatives, which contain the drug albuterol, range from $30 to $60.

Here's your president fight, fight, fight, fighting for the middle class (from his recent bridge speech where he couldn't remember who he was supposed to say he's fighting for).

BS obama is.

edit on 9/23/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

Whats absurd is you actually think that this would happen...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
the plans were finalized in 2008, while bush was in office, they wanted to get rid of the flourocarbons (or whatever), by what I understand.....
the companies were notified that the change in these regulations would take effect the end of 2011. Thus they had this much time to redesign their product...which most did....
my guess is that the one over the counter product out there, well, they couldn't find a replacement for the flouracardons that wouldn't make a prescription needed.
so well, all those asthma sufferers who've been using this product have to run to their doctors, job, health insurance, funds, don't matter, and talk the doctor into writing out a prescription.......there must be a job saved or created somewhere in that mix......and profits for the big drug companies!!!

now for those who are blaming this on obama...got to ask ya here....

who was it that was rubbing elbows with the big drug companies, making up a giant medicare prescription plan??
think maybe there might have been discussing other ways of putting some extra cash into these companies pockets???
I've got a feeling that there are lots of drugs out there that have ingredients in them that if they are let out into the environment will damage it!!! heck look at all those pretty little male fishies that are making eggs and it's link to estrogen!!! they are allowed to be sold!! why this one little over the counter medicine, which some say is the best treatment they found for their asthma problem, since it's faster acting??

the most ironic thing is that it's been reported that those smog filled cities such as LA, well, they are finding that the children's lungs are not developing normally, they have less lung capacity, more instances of asthma, and well....
to put it bluntly, the pollution from our cars and such, which the epa allows, which bush I believe decreased the regulations on, well......are causing much of the asthma to begin with!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by momoney

Or maybe Obama could have killed the EPA ruling that Bush allowed.

Bush is still president????

Or maybe Bush is still president of only the bad things that obama doesn't know how to deal with.

That would explain it ...

It is still 2008?
What is wrong with you? For real now. This happened before Obama was president so how was it his fault?
Secondly, it is about the propellant, not the inhaler. Inhalers are still on the market.

So let's check your facts.
Bush actually made the decision.
Inhalers are still available.

Does this type of anti-Obama hate make people retarded?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
If obama would have made a move to prevent this, they would be complaining that they forced all these drug companies to change their design, for nothing!!!
can't win either way ya go, better just to leave alone!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
You people and you complaining about this politician or that politician. About where the fault is to be placed. You are pretty much ignoring the fact that the name of the president isn't the issue. The issue is that the problem is with the system. Not with who wears the big hat. The system itself is to blame. The system that WE allow to hold sway allows a tiny fraction of our population to determine what is best for the rest of us. I have a dog in this fight. I am a life long asthma sufferer and I also can't afford health insurance so I pay out of pocket for everything. Now because some cabal of worthless bureaucrats has decided that the inhalers that I rely on are harming the environment I will lose them and have to pay out even more money, money that I do not have, to attempt to stay healthy and productive. What is worse is that they will do nothing, NOTHING to the oil companies, car manufacturers, etc, who really are the polluters. I have a very hard time believing that my tiny inhaler is worse on the environment than the 20 thousand pound semi truck I see driving past my window every 5 minutes while at work every day.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
centurion, always look into a claim, and look for independent corroboration

rushing to judgement can make you look silly

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
But you're wrong

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
But you're wrong

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

I will die without mine because I have been to many doctors and they all deny I have Asthma! They refuse to write me a valid prescription citing instead I have "chronic Bronchitis"(BS!) and other ten thousand GD things that in no way Act up all day every day all year round. I have heard everything from the bronchitis to smoker's cough they refuse to diagnose me correctly or treat me correctly!!!

edit on 24-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

when you get up to 12 years of attacking the last potus

then you can start to complain
edit on 24-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

They should still give you an inhaler, my mom smokes like a chimney and she got an inhaler they said she had chronic bronchitis or COPD or whatever, they haven't really ever diagnosed her but she did get an inhaler.

My son has asthma, he got it after we were in a FEMA trailer for over a year, they say he is allergic to cats we have two of them BTW, but he has been given an inhaler. I thought they had been "outlawed" because the inhaler he has is an HFA inhaler, and the doctor told me when he wrote it that the other kind of inhaler had been outlawed. Not sure what kind of inhalers they had before now, but I doubt they are the cause of global warming.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

You don't get it they're so inept they tell me I don't have asthma, all my life I have had it and not ONE single doctor is competent enough to see that's what the F%^% I have!
ETA: No they will prescribe one time then I got to keep going back every time I run out to get another with the diagnosis of asthma this wouldn't be mandatory for me.
edit on 24-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: to add

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

How often are you using your inhaler? Over using your inhaler will make it ineffective. It will also make you act like a crack addict - all jittery - without the high. In fact, this is why some doctors don't want to keep giving refills.

Also, I have asthma and I still have to see the doctor every time I need a refill.

Maybe you should try a new inhaler?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
my son had asthma when he was young...
he'd get about four refills with each of his perscriptions, along with a cough syrup that also had refills....

if you are having to go back every time you need a refill, ......maybe the rules have been changed there also???

my son's inhalers cost close to $90 dollars a pop...when he ran out, sometimes, he'd end up missing school till we got our next paycheck, we had to have to the doctor everytime, well.....
the kid would probably be illeterate!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Is there's ever a day that goes by without seeing an attack on Obama? I mean jeesh, if the guy sneezed in public their would be a thread on him trying to infect everyone with a deadly virus.

Half the time these accusations are taken out of context or people are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Are you talking about Bush, or talking about Palin, or obama?

Both Bush and Palin have had literally hundreds of threads opened about them that exactly fit your description.

The real points here are how many asthmatics would it take to destroy the atmosphere?

And even if you want to try and blame this on Bush
(we're all shocked!), obama could have stopped this from going into effect, but didn't.

That failure to act happened on obama's watch, so deal with it.

And exactly how many asthmatics does it take to destroy the atmosphere? Couldn't a medical exception have been made?
edit on 9/25/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join