It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abbas accuses Israel of ethnic cleansing - (Abbas: No to Jewish state)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Abbas accuses Israel of ethnic cleansing

The article deals with the Speeches at the UN, however the part that caught my attention was Abbas's statement.

How does one take Abbas seriously, including the supposed push for peace with Israel by first stating this -

Earlier he was most positive, saying: "We extend our hands to the Israeli government and the Israeli people for peacemakingShortly before his speech, the PA leader handed UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon a letter requesting full UN. membership, which the Security Council must consider - although this may take some time.

Only to hold this position -

Abbas: No to Jewish state
Friday afternoon, Abbas said he is adamant about not recognizing Israel as the Jewish state.

"They talk to us about the Jewish state, but I respond to them with a final answer: We shall not recognize a Jewish state," Abbas said in a meeting with some 200 senior representatives of the Palestinian community in the US, shortly before taking the podium and delivering a speech at the United Nations General Assembly.

From what im seeing, Arabs / Palestinians / Terrorist groups like Hamas have once again screwed over the Palestinian people by refusing to acknowldge Israels right to exist. Do you really think Israel is going to let a state be created whose sole intent is to destroy them?

We can add this to the list of 20+ times in history where Palestinians could have had their own state, only to sabotage the effort.

One doesnt acheive peace by telling your neighbor we extend the hand of peace, but we want you all dead.

Yup.. Another historic day for Palestinians. There is ethnic cleansing going on.. However its being caused by Arab government / terrorists / Hamas etc who continually demand war with Israel. People are being killed not because of Israeli weapons, but because Arab governments / Hamas / Terrorists have no problem sacrificing their own people so they can blame Israel for their deaths.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
He's only a human, he's imperfect and bound to make mistakes, he changes his decision and just like any other human easily manipulated. Don't be offended or threatened by what he or any other human says.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
ethnic cleansing is waged by israel .fact.

abbas is fed up.

also hamas was created by mossad.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
what is a terrorist ?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
He's only a human, he's imperfect and bound to make mistakes, he changes his decision and just like any other human easily manipulated. Don't be offended or threatened by what he or any other human says.

Its not a matter of me being offended lol.

It has to do with, once again, arabs undermining a solution to a Palestinian State. Abbas didnt mispeak and there is no other way to take his words.

If they refuse to acknowledge Israels right to exist, why should Israel acknowledge theirs?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil
ethnic cleansing is waged by israel .fact.

abbas is fed up.

also hamas was created by mossad.

LOLOLololololololololololo

woo.. that was a good one.

I love how people like to make the argument Hamas works for ISrael when Hamas does something stupid, and yet they claim them as freedom fighters when they are able to kill Israelis.

I really wish people would make up their minds.

By all means, please back your comment with sources we can read that shows Hamas is part of Mossad / creation / controlled by Israel.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

lolololololol

online.wsj.com...
www.globalresearch.ca...
www.larouchepub.com...

read this and cry.Israel is the problem.Only Great slavic Russia is the solution to the american/israeli menace.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil

lolololololol

online.wsj.com...
www.globalresearch.ca...
www.larouchepub.com...

read this and cry.Israel is the problem.Only Great slavic Russia is the solution to the american/israeli menace.

Lol.. go back and read the articles then get back to us. You are confused on the definition of creaetd and working for.

Nice try though

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well chosen piece, surprisingly pro-Israel, therefore it could all be Propaganda.
I'll believe what I heard the man state in his speech thank you, anything anyone else adds with their pro-Israel slant is gonna be 99% fiction in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I believe it is seven times in the past that Israel has extended the offer.

This is the problem in my opinion; had they accepted one of these offers, no matter what the initial unfavourable conditions were, they would have bought themselves the opportunity to show Israel and the world more importantly, that they are serious about peace. Over the course of time, any unfavourable conditions by Israel could have been eroded slowly but surely.

The fact that they do not agree to anything other than their own conditions over the past 60 odd years, shows to me that they are not serious about achieving peace and their claim to independence is either a means of applying ongoing pressure to Israel or simply a baby-step towards reclaiming all of Israel.

Those are the logical options for me, though the first; that of them using this to apply pressure on Israel in front of the world as an audience is the most likely.

This further confirms my suspicion; that they do not seek peace and are merely a political tool for their Arab masters to wield against the state of Israel.

Their justification for accepting any of these offers is pride, however, when you look at the history of offers, this seems more of a convenient choice to extend the conflict indefinately, something that would suit the suspicion of them being used as a tool to erode Western support.

If they genuinely sought peace, this is far from the smart method and is therefore illogical.

The only smart aspect to any of this is the way in which these Arab countries wield the Palestinians as a political tool. It is very effective! Added to which, the recent spate of flotilla ventures to 'break the blockade' are without doubt organised by some of the larger anti-Israel players through proxy organisations.

As the UN report found regarding the MV Mavi Mamara; she was carrying no aid at all.

Just a majority of misguided peace activists, fronted by a minority of ex-military thugs, with the sole aim of creating an incident that would inevitably result in drawing yet more international condemnation on the state of Israel.

To this end, they are winning all the way. If Israel retaliates to incoming indiscriminate rocket launches, the world gasps as both Western and Middle Eastern media present the civilian death toll. Yet if Mexico was to launch the same rocket attacks on the United States, it would inevitably go to war with Mexico and would probably have no problem with public opinion.

The same conclusion could be drawn of any country having to deal with those same rocket attacks, their population would champion a response. Any country except Israel.

I hope I have presented some food for thought with my perspective.

Regards, Skellon.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Well chosen piece, surprisingly pro-Israel, therefore it could all be Propaganda.
I'll believe what I heard the man state in his speech thank you, anything anyone else adds with their pro-Israel slant is gonna be 99% fiction in my opinion.

Ah yes... How easily info is dismissed because of its source. There are like 5 other threads going on right now that deal with Israel, and in all of those the only argument people can make is its a false flag, its israeli propoganda.

Good thing its your opinion, otherwise I might not have cared.

You guys rock at obfuscation

/end sarcasm.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I would like to participate in this "discussion", but like all Israel-Palestinian threads this is not a discussion. Open your minds. Palestinians and Israelis both have legitimate viewpoints in the manner. The Palestinians are not all terrorists. The Israelis are not all genocidal maniacs. Anybody who says they are 100% behind the Palestinians and the Israelis are completely wrong or who says they are 100% behind the Israelis and the Palestinians are in the wrong is a complete fool.

The Palestinians and Israelis are both victims of history and circumstance. Both sides have to make difficult decisions to make piece. Both sides have done bad things. Both sides have acted inappropriately in response to the other sides misdeeds. Both sides, on occasion, have been faced with no other option to protect themselves but to engage in violence.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

I respect your difference of opinion and initially, I liked where your post was going, some level headed thinking.

However, I realise that was just a feeling of relief from not having to endure another blind Israeli hate post.

I shall make two points for your consideration, the first borrowed from another thread;

1. If the Palestinians dropped they'r weapons today and sought peace then tomorrow there would be peace.
If Israel dropped they'r weapons today and sought peace then tomorrow there would be no Israel.

2. The Arab world is known as such as they have many nations that comprise this Arab world. The Israelis have one very small country and that is too much for the Arabs to deal with. In fact, they are determined not to allow it to exist.

How exactly is this mutual?

Regards, Skellon.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Skellon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

If they refuse to acknowledge Israels right to exist, why should Israel acknowledge theirs?

I think a lot of people have lost sight of what the refusal to accept the legitimacy of Israel really means. It's something of a catch 22.

For Palestine and Abbas, accepting Israel's legitimacy on Israel's terms means quite literally that Palestine cannot exist, because by definition the Jewish state (as defined by Israel) is a state that includes all Palestinian lands.

So, if they bow to Israel's terms, there is no possibility of a state being created, because they will have abdicated their claim to a state. And by refusing to accept the validity of the state, Israel can stall the negotiations in perpetuity.

That's the root of the madness.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

From what im seeing, Arabs / Palestinians / Terrorist groups like Hamas have once again screwed over the Palestinian people by refusing to acknowldge Israels right to exist.

He did NOT ask for the destruction of Israel, he said they would NOT condone a "JEWISH" state..

I'm sure your comprehension level is high enough to spot the difference..

The usual twisting of words from you guys..Boring..

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

1. If the Palestinians dropped they'r weapons today and sought peace then tomorrow there would be peace.
If Israel dropped they'r weapons today and sought peace then tomorrow there would be no Israel.

What, no mention of Israel's continued land grab??
Peace would NOT suit Israel's agenda to take ALL the land..

Hence there is no peace.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Why cant they change the names to an all in one scenario, leave out any religious preference, and call it
Israpal.. You know it makes sense.

There all sorted, no need for drama.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

True, but then they couldn't guarantee a Jewish majority rule, which is what Israel wants..

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join