It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abbas accuses Israel of ethnic cleansing - (Abbas: No to Jewish state)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

. . .to acknowldge Israels right to exist.

No, you are mixing up the two things. Abbas said, a Jewish state.
You are making him out as having said something else.
It may just be that Abbas would be quite happy with the country currently calling itself, Israel, if they were not intent on having everyone not "Jewish" as second class citizens.
How would you like it if America declared itself a White state, and only "whites" can own property or vote or drive on the "white only" highways?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by USAisdevil
also hamas was created by mossad.

I know it’s customary for people to make thinks up as they go along, but Hamas was not created by Israel. That assertion flies in the face of the facts.

To topic. The problem with anything to do with the Palestine and Israel et al, is that it is so awfully complicated. Although I would be the first to criticise Israeli actions throughout the years, they have been rather cornered in a sea of trouble. All their neighbours have variously worked against Israel through the support of terrorism and the perpetuation of hate, attempts to invade and general mischief and agitation.

The problem with formalisation of the State of Palestine is that its borders are still being argued over and the Authority in Palestine cannot control the factions who habitually lob rockets and bombs over into Israel. How can you have a State without confirmed borders?

The key to any long-term solution is to resolve the “two State” solution. Israel must show willing and stop the antagonistic problem of settlements and the Palestinians must control the violence directed outwards towards the Israelis.

It is simple really, but you know that there are nations in the Middle East who just would not want peace because that would mean they cannot direct their people to hate. Could it be that these are the same nations who are known supporters of terrorism and violence against Israel and could it be that these are the nations who do not recognise Israel. Yes, of course.

Regards

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

From what im seeing, Arabs / Palestinians / Terrorist groups like Hamas have once again screwed over the Palestinian people by refusing to acknowldge Israels right to exist.

He did NOT ask for the destruction of Israel, he said they would NOT condone a "JEWISH" state..

I'm sure your comprehension level is high enough to spot the difference..

The usual twisting of words from you guys..Boring..

Try again...

Abbas: No to Jewish state
Friday afternoon, Abbas said he is adamant about not recognizing Israel as the Jewish state.

"They talk to us about the Jewish state, but I respond to them with a final answer: We shall not recognize a Jewish state," Abbas said in a meeting with some 200 senior representatives of the Palestinian community in the US, shortly before taking the podium and delivering a speech at the United Nations General Assembly.

emphases added by me.

There is a difference between recognize and condone.

Where did you get condone from?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

reply to post by rigel4

True, but then they couldn't guarantee a Jewish majority rule, which is what Israel wants..

As opposed to the arabs / palestinians who want to wipe Israel off the map?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

We shall not recognize a Jewish state,"

So you twist that to mean he wants Israel gone??

You do know that Israel has stated they don't even want Palestine to "try" and become a state??

So obviously by your reasoning, they want Palestine destroyed, right??

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Or the president of Iran?
If Israel expanded into all the Palestinian land and gave everyone a vote, the name of the greater country would be changed from Israel, to Palestine. That is what is meant by "wipe Israel from the map".

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
If Israel expanded into all the Palestinian land and gave everyone a vote, the name of the greater country would be changed from Israel, to Palestine.

Yeah, democracy is a bitch sometimes.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

No more than Arabs / Palestinians / Fatah / Hamas / Hezzbullah etc etc etc wanting Israel wiped off the map.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Or the president of Iran?
If Israel expanded into all the Palestinian land and gave everyone a vote, the name of the greater country would be changed from Israel, to Palestine. That is what is meant by "wipe Israel from the map".

Except for the fact Israelis arent welcome.. In which case we are back to wiping ISrael off the map.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

No more than Arabs / Palestinians / Fatah / Hamas / Hezzbullah etc etc etc wanting Israel wiped off the map.

That's a pretty broad brush stroke..

Obviously the Isralis are out in force lately with their propaganda..

It's not like we didn't expect it though...

Still haven't shown where Abbas said he refused to recognize Israel BTW.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I did.. you ignored it.

Scroll up on page 2.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

I did.. you ignored it.

Scroll up on page 2.

BS, I actually quoted you..
How is that ignoring??

BTW, as YOU quoted, he said he wouldn't recognize a "Jewish State"..
No mention of Israel..

Care to quote what he actually said in that speech regarding Israel??

Spin the LIE all you want, you will get called out every time.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

We shall not recognize a Jewish state,"

So you twist that to mean he wants Israel gone??

You do know that Israel has stated they don't even want Palestine to "try" and become a state??

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
whatreallyhappened.com...

What Israel really thinks of the Palestinians

Quote:

" [The Palestinians are] beasts walking on two legs." Menahim Begin, speech to the Knesset, quoted in Amnon Kapeliouk, "Begin and the Beasts". New Statesman, 25 June 1982

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Except for the fact Israelis arent welcome.. In which case we are back to wiping ISrael off the map.
They are not welcome to live in the houses and on the land that the Israelis just stole.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

They are not welcome to live in the houses and on the land that the Israelis just stole.

Had the arabs states been successful when they invaded Israel would it be acceptable for them to live on Israeli land?

Arab countries should not have started a few wars that they lost and then whined to the UN about it.

But hey.. giving you the benefiet of the doubt here and Israel went for compensation to those people, who in the Ottoman Empire should Israel write the check out to?
edit on 24-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

No I wouldnt be lieing at all. You should understand whats said before trying to comment on it.

What is required to be an Israeli citizen? What are the responsabilities of being an Israeli citzen?

Saying jews are welcome and Israelis are not is a fancy shmancy way of saying no jews. In this case the Palestinian leadership is not using the direct Nazi method to go about their goal, instead they are opting to hide the agenda behind splitting hairs.

What about Arab Israeli citizens?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Had the arabs states been successful when they invaded Israel would it be acceptable for them to live on Israeli land?
Arab countries should not have started a few wars that they lost and then whined to the UN about it.
Not sure what land you are talking about but my guess is that if someone was illegally holding and living in a house that belonged to a Jewish person, there would be a method to make restitution, somehow, or up to maybe an international court.
I think that the Israelis provoked the Arabs because they knew the Arabs were not really ready for war and they wanted to take advantage of a window of opportunity where they thought it possible where they could win a war.
I used to think like what you said and told a Palestinian Christian that it was the Arab countries who decided to attack. He said that was not true and I had no idea what I was talking about. My suggestion to you is to find some Palestinians and say that to their face.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Cyberspace, letter, email or in person - no problems with that. Israel has been attacked by her neighbors time and again since its creation. The goal of the Arabs was to remove the Israeli nation from the map. In 1967 they bit of more than they could chew thanks to their Soviet allies, and in the process lost.

The other problem is the lack of free media and independant thought from that part of the world. If you dont support Islam or homicide bombers, your an enemy and will be killed. If you agree with the UN on the Harari probe, your a traitor to the cause and should be killed. The only news allowed is propoganda that cites anonymous sources and blind quotes. Not that it matters because the "media" is controlled by the government.

I wonder why arabs have issues when it comes to history. They are forced to believe what they are told less be labeled an enemy of the state and killed.

Israel signed onto the resolution ending that war and returning land back to its controlling countries. In exchange they wanted to be recognized and wanted a peace treaty...

As you can imagine it was a non starter with arabs, who turned it down. Heck they lost out on access to Jereusalam when they did not accept, since part of that resolution made the capital an international zone administered bby the UN.

Going for the all or nothing approach has never worked for arabs / palestinians, yet they continually go down that road, knowing full well they are not going to get all they are demanding.

The groups are a sworn enemy of Israel and have stated they will not stop their attacks until Israel is gone. Are you going to negotiate with aloaded gun to your head?

The onlything Israel wanted was a peace treaty with her neighbors and the acknowledgment that they have a right to exist.

Thats what it boils down to - survival.

Arabs / Palestinians have hijacked the Palestinian state issue to justify what they started 15 minutes after Israel became a nation, when a truck bomb exploded. Now days they use homicide bombers and according to backinblack little rockets that dont do any damage (paraphrased).

If thats the case then we can look at it this way - Israel is a tiny nation compared to her neighbors, and they have nothing to fear from that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join