It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire In The Sky Giant UFO Orb In Equador 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I've never seen anything like this thing, its huge!!!!! AND NO ITS NOT A CHINESE LANTERN!!!!!

Anyone have a clue on what this may be? seriously I need to know
Here are the details
UFO sighted in Quito Ecuador. Filmed from the central area of ​​San Marcos Quito (Downtown) to the South Rim sector of the city or perhaps on Amaguaña Tambillo. This object of red light energy was for 3 hours over the city, it was not a star, made sudden flashes randomly and suddenly disappeared ...

edit on 9/23/2011 by tothetenthpower because: All caps edit--mod

edit on 23-9-2011 by DemonicUFO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Maybe its part of UARS? Interesting vid.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DemonicUFO

It looks like it just burns out. Some kind of big lantern maybe, but definetly giving a feeling of being man made..

link   
Definitely has that "fire" vibe to it, the way it flashes looks like a camp fire. So I'm gonna guess it's a Chinese lantern, look like a pretty big one.

I'm not sure why you think it's not a Chinese lantern, it doesn't do anything that suggests that it definitely isn't one.
edit on 23-9-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

link   

cant think of any explenations off the top of my head
good video
would like to know more

edit:
maybe a helicopter search light or something?
edit on 23-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

link   

Not exactly sure what it is, but it appears to be burning. It flickers like a flame and then eventually goes out..

It looks to be cloudy out which maybe why it appears to be so big

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Ecuador is not Mexico. And yes, that´s a giant light ball.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Don't know if this helps. But, I think the real light blue, is clouds and the dot is the orb. Interesting.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It goes off then comes back on twice though, unless chinese lanterns have built in automatic relighting features then no way is it a chinese lantern

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Lanterns don't sit in the same spot for 3 hours though...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I've seen that before on a military base in Germany. It was some type of flair, I don't know the name of it.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gibbajabba

Judging from the video alone, it looks like it's moving in the wind.

I would also guess that the lantern/orb is closer to the camera than it looks, and the buildings in the background are much further away, and with the zoom in from the camera it helps create the illusion that it's much bigger than it really is, although it probably is pretty damn big.

Well that's my observation anyway.

edit on 23-9-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Looks like a flare. It appears to be weakly illuminating some clouds behind it, so probably too bright to be a Chinese lantern. However, there is nothing anomalous about its movement, and it's no so bright it couldn't be a flare.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Sorry for the mistakes in details, i'm kinda doing this quickly at the moment. Thanks for all the responces.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Now I'm no mathematician or scientist but how big would a 'lantern' have to be to hold 3-hours worth of fuel?

Also, the video looks pixelated so I really can't tell but to me it looks like this object was going in and out of (behind) some clouds.

I am so curious as to why Mexico and Peru seem to be year round hot-spots for UFO activity while the UK is the hosts most Crop Circles.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It was there for over 3 hours eh? Where is the rest of the footage?

Why does the person filming it cut the action whenevr it fades out, then resume filming "it" when it reappears?

My guess is flares (yes plural) that are being filmed. It's made to look like something it is not by the cuts that are made when the flare burns out and another is deployed.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gibbajabba

have you seen a 3-hour vid?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I have fired flares in the past and have seen tons of them myself but if this is a flare then it is a massive one, judging from the altitude and distance from where they are filming it.

Flares react to gravity, they don'st just hover up in the air like that in the video, the fall rate for a flare depending on what type they are could be slow but still FALLS, so based on that alone I am not convinced this is a flare incident!

What ever it is, is intriguing!

Peace & Love!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Nice video but there seems to be cuts in the footage, which raises a few questions about the genuineness of it.

relly need the raw, unedited video.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I cant believe some of you are still saying chinese lantern lolllll unbelievable...
I'll try my best to get some raw footage

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join