It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire In The Sky Giant UFO Orb In Equador 2011

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I don't know where I got Mexico from. But Ecuador is even better. Not to say Mexico isn't teaming with UFOs though.

But that whole continent (and C.A.) is always capturing sightings. Some theorize it's the volcanoes and some species aren't interested (or need) volcano energy. Some think its the alignment of central and south America to certain stars.

The guesses are endless but I have such a desire to go down there, unlike anywhere else in this world. It's almost like a beckoning.

Nice footage OP!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This whole flare lantern thing all the time,

Well yes lots and lots are, most of them,

BUT

As someone who has trained Princes Trust outdoor pursuits for a few years, and had a Queens Warrant to take 30 kids out camping, camp outdoor pursuits management, and also having been part of the medical responce part of mountain rescue a few times:

This looks nothing like, or behaves nothing like, actual flares I have seen rescue one and search ones up mountains in valleys and in bad weather clouds.d

I bet most of the "lanterns & Flare" crowd has seen a few on film and lite a few lanterns , but have not handled used or tracked by flare at all. Phmmmfh.

This is not an flare imho and a lantern is ridiculous.

One of the most interesting vids in a while on this subject.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Why can't it be a big lantern? I don't see why not.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I'm not talking about a regular flare. I'm talking about a special type of flare that behaves the same way as in this video. I have seen this type of flare used in military training on a military base in Germany.

I'm not understanding why you think that because you've taken 30 children camping that you are the authority on military flares??
edit on 23-9-2011 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It would be so much easier to rule things out if these videos were longer. I promise if I ever have the good fortune of catching something I think is a ufo and the thing is basically stationary I will not stop recording until my memory is full or my battery is empty.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
OP,

Where are you (or the YT uploader) getting 3-hours from anyway? Is that what the spectators are saying?

As far as the poster above asking if this was 3-hours, why only a few minute?..... I would suspect, if it was the other way around (a longer video) then I can hear half of you say, it's CGI.

You see, there is absolutely no pleasing the skeptic. No proof will ever be good enough. Whereas a non-skeptic will look at everything with an open mind. Not saying this is proof positive but my first impression wasn't to call it a flare or lantern though!

link   
reply to post by DemonicUFO

Okay, I got an idea as to what it might be. It seemed to be floating in the wind, yet in a certain area. The light source flickered, giving the appearance of flame. It burned for 3 hours. Taking this all into account, I have seen similar light displays from my time in Mexico. They are pretty much slightly more sophisticated Chinese lanterns. They took balloons, lit oil lamps under them, and tied a cord to them so they could be recovered later. I'm not saying this is what it is, but it seems like it could be a larger version of one, especially given how long the lamps can burn when full.

link   
Just had to post this, because it's beautiful!
Anyway just imagine one huge lantern like these and it looks about right. Beautiful

p.s look at the video in the OP, note how big the lights seem on the building in the background, I'm pretty sure the camera is making the lights seem a bit bigger than they really are.
edit on 23-9-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by WildWorld

I'm not talking about a regular flare. I'm talking about a special type of flare that behaves the same way as in this video. I have seen this type of flare used in military training on a military base in Germany.

Okay, as a non-skeptic to the UFO phenomenon in general, you have to turn this around and ask: Why in the world would the military drop flares over a bustling city? Even if looks are deceiving and it's further away, why even be within eye-shot of a city?

If i am not mistaken, the Pacific ocean is a stones' throw away. Why risk dropping a flare on a flammable, say......house?...when they have the ocean? I just don't get that logic.

Does the military have a secret project called: Operation-Keep the Idiots thinking It's a UFO?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Now I'm no mathematician or scientist but how big would a 'lantern' have to be to hold 3-hours worth of fuel?

Also, the video looks pixelated so I really can't tell but to me it looks like this object was going in and out of (behind) some clouds.

I am so curious as to why Mexico and Peru seem to be year round hot-spots for UFO activity while the UK is the hosts most Crop Circles.

i reckon that south america has a ufo/alien base there. ive no proof of that its only my opinion, and the UK has most crop circles because the people that make them live there

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

As far as the poster above asking if this was 3-hours, why only a few minute?..... I would suspect, if it was the other way around (a longer video) then I can hear half of you say, it's CGI.

baseless assumption

someone said
'lantarns don't stay in the same spot for three hours'

i only pointed out he couldn't state for a fact these things were actually there for 3 hours.

let me ask you on thing?

do you believe this is alien?

all i need to know.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowMonk

Okay, I got an idea as to what it might be. It seemed to be floating in the wind, yet in a certain area. The light source flickered, giving the appearance of flame. It burned for 3 hours. Taking this all into account, I have seen similar light displays from my time in Mexico. They are pretty much slightly more sophisticated Chinese lanterns. They took balloons, lit oil lamps under them, and tied a cord to them so they could be recovered later. I'm not saying this is what it is, but it seems like it could be a larger version of one, especially given how long the lamps can burn when full.

Okay, this makes semi-sense but lest not forgot the hundreds of thousands of UFO sighting (such as this) before the advent or popularity of Chinese lanterns hit the market place.

It just seems like, Chinese lanterns are the modern thought process for swamp gas.
It's easy, it's non-arguable and it fits.
But if you (not YOU per se) just stop and THINK of all the UFO sightings from the earlier years that fit this exact description then I think (or I would hope) you wouldn't spew out Chinese lanterns as quickly as they do.

Take a look at some of these earlier photos. And I can hear it now "those are nothing but Chinese Lanterns tied together in a semi-circle...." or something like that.

www.ufocasebook.com...

Lights in the sky are just that: Unidentified lights/objects in the sky. Chinese Lantern makes the same amount of sense as a Lightship from Sirius! So instead of supporting just ONE theory, it's safer to dub it UFO.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I'm not so sure it's airborne.

Here's a picture of Quito, of which San Marcos is an electoral parish. It's located in a river basin, and there are hillsides surrounding it. Seems like the vantage point is very similar.

As to what we're looking at... I'm not sure yet. But it seems as if it's something on the ground/on a hillside rather than something in the air.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by kn0wh0w

baseless assumption

That's your opinion

let me ask you on thing?

do you believe this is alien?

all i need to know.

Let me preface this by saying; to me?......absolutely not all unidentified objects are off-world crafts. I am positive many are manufactured here.

This is a UFO.

For all we know it could be military with some surveillance camera attached with a super close up lens. That would still make it unidentified.

Between what we don't know about our OWN people (military/NASA/Government) are doing and what off-world creatures are doing, we'd all need shock-therapy at the end.

We are getting desensitized to alien life for sure but we're not quite there yet. Because I don't think half the people who believe/know in UFOs are picturing the alien occupants/pilots.

So....we still have a ways to go in my opinion!

Until you or someone else can PROVE (with a close up photo or a video of someone launching this exact object) it remains a UFO.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Human_Alien because: quotes

edit on 23-9-2011 by Human_Alien because: typo

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

ok ok i can see where you're coming from

but still.

it was a baseless assumption and that is fact, not just my opinion.

you can't validate what you're claiming.

you might think you can, but you can't

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gibbajabba
Lanterns don't sit in the same spot for 3 hours though...

have you seen a 3-hour vid?

No i've not,i'm going by what the poster wrote along with the clip...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Lanterns don't sit in the same spot for 3 hours though...

have you seen a 3-hour vid?

No i've not,i'm going by what the poster wrote along with the clip...

i know you did.

but it's still an unverified claim.

don't use it as an argument just yet

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I am so curious as to why Mexico and Peru seem to be year round hot-spots for UFO activity while the UK is the hosts most Crop Circles.

According to the Indians in South America, it's because there is a race of "beings" still living underground there. And have been for thousands of years. I read about it when I was doing research on Marcahuasi years ago. You may be able to find the quote with google.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Just in case someone thinks I'm someone who claims every UFO video is a lantern, well I'm not. Most UFO videos do not look like lanterns, because they move in different ways to a lantern/balloon or they look totally different.

Everything I see in the OP video looks like a big lantern, the flashing(fire in the wind), the color, movement etc

Human_Alien you saying that people are too quick to scream Chinese lantern on some UFO videos. Don't you think people are also way too quick to scream UFO/alien spaceship on such videos?

So here we have a video of an object that has the characteristics of a Chinese lantern. But there is nothing in the video that points to an aircraft,e.g no sudden movements, no change of direction, change of lights, noise etc Nothing that screams UFO/Aircraft, so why jump to that conclusion?
edit on 23-9-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join