It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever "Died" in their dreams?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Ive been exploded once, and fallen several times. I usually wake up after I realize that I'm not really dead.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yeah several times, ive fallen off high places and skyscrapers. Ive been stabbed and hanged. Ive always woke up right before im supposed to die, although it takes me a while to realise im not dead.

[edit on 18-12-2007 by joecool280]

[edit on 18-12-2007 by joecool280]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I have died several times in my dreams aswel.

Falling into the sea,couldnt swim and drowned-woke up when i drowned and realised i was on my bed alive with a little headache.

Falling into the river,couldnt swim and drowned-woke up and realised i was alive with a little headache.

Went for a swim and jumped into the pool,couldnt swim and drowned-woke up and realised i am alive with a little headache.

Whats funny is i always die in water.Weird....

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Death in dreams..

I've had multiple dreams where I commit suicide but never actually died within the dream.
Another dream wherein I was attacked by dogs and woke up with scratch, teeth bite marks, and sore arms, never bruised, but i did feel it while full awake.

as for actually dying within a dream, the one that sticks most in my mind happened about a year ago or so.
I was with a few friends and we were walking up these stairs and looked from the top down to the las vegas strip [where I live] fire works started going off and a few seconds later I started hearing far off gun shots, then I just saw a huge mushroom cloud and all the sound got cut off, I saw my friends mouths moving but the sound didnt come out, after a few seconds the sound cut back in, but it sounded distant and distorted with time, then I saw a wave of red coming towards us with incredible speed and hit us. My vision went from 1st person to 3rd person and I saw my body in two, ripped apart at the waist, as the blast hit me it pushed me back and my body hit the handrail slicing me in half. for the next 5 second of my life I felt probably the most vivid, and the single worst pain I have ever experienced in my life, I can only explain it like this..

It was like being cooked from the inside out, the blood instantly clotted and burned over, if my organs were visiable I would say they would have turned from healthy red to cooked brown in under two seconds, burnt black in 4. My skin literally melted off at about 4 seconds and evaporated away. and YES, I felt every godamn little thing.

The was THE single most happiest time I had waking up from a dream.
It was devastating.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   
I died just the once in one of my dreams, about 15 years ago.

In it , I was a Waffen S.S. soldier, fighting in a Ukrainian or Russian village. Basically going house to house , clearing them out. Then I see a Russian grenade roll towards my feet and BOOOM... i was blown up and the dream faded to black.

Never had that dream ever again. It was so vivid that 15 years later I can still remember it.

( and by the way - i'm not German or Russian and have no ancestral background from either country, as I'm Irish...)

[edit on 19-12-2007 by netron]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Like a few of you I'm a Lucid dreamer, every night always in control....
Even tho no-one is 100% in control of they're dreams, not even the best Lucid dreamer.

I've only ever died once in my dreams

A few weeks ago i was having a lucid dream. ' I went into a shop a guy comes in to rob it, a shot is fired and I'm hit...'
It took me about 20 minutes to die in my dream, but then something else happened that I'm still trying to find the words to describe.

I'm not sure if what happened next was the dream continuing or an OBE. All I can say it was very intense, but not in a bad way, it was almost enlightening.

Peace..

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The other night, was standing in some rubble before literally being blown to bits (I knew i was dead while i was lying there)

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I've been executed by guillotine and killed in battle in my dreams. I have never dreamt of a natural death or a death from an accident.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I remember a dream I had when I was about 17 years old.

I was a young police officer. I stopped a car, the window rolled down and I saw a flash. Next thing I knew, I was floating above myself, looking down at my dying body, blood running from my neck, running down the side of the highway because it was raining. I remember that the whole dream was in black and white until I left my body, then the colors were very vivid.

The dream took place at night, I remember seeing the moon, storm clouds, lightning and rain. I remember looking down and seeing the red and blue lights of my patrol car flashing in the rain drops, rotating almost in slow motion. The really scary part is, I can point out the exact spot that it happened, the car that the killer was driving, what department I worked for, what time of night it was, everything,

I wanted to be a police officer until I had that dream. Needess to say, I got into firefighting instead

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
You just go into another dream and start a new story. I guess it's like riecarnation in dreams you just go to another life. Usually I think it's because people sleep awkwardly and they feel like dying because they need to drink water in real life and their bodies are in a silly position that you feel the pain or the thirst in your dreams.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thematrix
Mostly because in any dream I have, I'm 100% in control and have the ability to fly.

Me too!
I can fly away from trouble, but I only started doing that in the past few years. (Right now I am not dreaming much because I have a messed up sleep cycle- Im trying to get it back to normal.)

In the past I could not fly away, so I would take my killin' like a true (poorly trained) warrior. I have never fallen to my death, but I was shot many, many times, sometimes by automatic gunfire. I aparently p*ss off a lot of people in my dreamscape.

I never seem to die of embarassment when I show up naked to math class with no homework, though- go figure.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The OP stated:

"Did anyone DIE in their dreams?"

I did.

Here's the scenerio:

I was with my hubby and kids.

I love camping/picknicks/ and hikiing.

We were hiking/having a lunch/ walking around an area (what I think is in 'Burlington/Ontario/CANADA".

I'm standing on a hillside (around the Niagra Escarpment) looking south to Lake Ontario.

I think 'it happens', in the spring or summer. I didn't see 'winter landscapes' in my dream.

I'm thrust into the scene, whereby I look up into the 'sky-area', south around Lake Ontario, and see/hear.. a nuclear missile - going up into the air (or was the missle launched from far away...dunno...just saw the fact of a 'missle exploding in the NEW YORK region... and the reprecussions - the exact 'nuclear detination' and 'shock-wave reprecussions'...ed our way INTO CANADA."

My first thoughts:

OH GOD...DEAR GOD.. IT'S HAPPENING...WHAT HAPPENED ACROSS THE BORDER??!?!?!?!?.....I SCREAMEDDDDDDDDD

When I saw the first 'explosion' - seemed like it was above the air, I grabbed my loved one. Held tight. Told them I loved them....

The 'terror-feeling' stayed for a longggg time. The WORST terror feeling.

A feeling of 'nothingness'. No thoughts/feelings. ... Nothing. There wasn't even a conscious concept of 'nothing'. I couldn't describe this to 'conscious terms' if I tried. Total black.

Somehow....the 'terror' feeling subsided. Then I heard peoples voices. Voices that were familiar to me.

I heard my family's voices.

"We're here!!!!!!!!!...I can't believe we made it!!!!!

Wake up ANGIE....Angie...we made it!!!!!! YOU'RE HERE TOOOOOO!!!!"

That's all I remember...

From when I 'died' in my dream.

~Ducky~

I was

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Come to think, I did actually die in one of my dreams. I was hovering above my body, which was in the arms of a man I have never met. He was cryinging and hugging my body. I remember I looked really beautiful- like Snow White. The dream was set in the past- Dark Ages, I believe. It wasn't a scary dream at all. I just felt sad for the man.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder that instead of past lifes experience in dreams including deaths are actually linked to our own DNA history of our family...We are experiencing a past life of some one in our family line...??

I have never died in my dreams, I always seem to dodge death or injury, also I dreamt I was in hell or in heaven ....but heaven was kind of a sci fi thing, it seems as though I always see people in water that are dead(zombie looking) and when in heaven the surroundings are like a space ship...lots of metal walls and things of that sort.

Kind of curious to experience death,scared but interested in the process...

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Kakarox

White horse can be Death Incarnate (or am i recalling the Piers Anthony books, not foklore?). I have often heard that any dream involving death is not necessarily a forboding thing, but can mean a significant change in your life. It can symbolize a partial death- leaving behind something that is "dead wood" in your current life, That would be a positive death. That is the Tarot or rune reading analysis, anyway.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by thethrall_nb

Originally posted by elaine
Do you have a fear of heights?

Actually, No.. I actually have an almost obsessive compulsion to High areas, along with a strong urge to Jump.. Nothing like being "suicidal" or anything, i just wonder what it would look like going down..

Wow, I am exactly the same. I am a very happy guy and do not want to die or harm myself in anyway, but I always get the urge to jump from very high places when I'm up there.

Maybe it has something to do with me always wishing I could fly?

As for the dreams, I too have had dreams where I've fallen, I'd almost always wake up just as I fell though. Lately I've been having a LOT of dreams about my teeth falling out, either by me pulling them out or by them dropping out on their own, and they scare the crap out of me. Apparently it means I have a secret or I'm hiding something, but it must be one hell of a secret because not even I know what it is.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Funnily enough, no...

I remember being in MANY dreams and expecting to die at any second, but always, without fail I've woken up...

It seriously creeps me out and sometimes makes me lash out as I come to...Luckily my SO has learned to avoid these situations

Nice OP
Even if it was eleventeen years ago !!!

I'm a dumbass sometimes
eh...

[edit on 2-1-2008 by Rilence]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
One name: Chucky...
...thanks dad.

Dying? I was once reincarnated as a fish with Native American writings on me in winter time. Significance?

Ya, most "nightmares" aren't really scary, so I guess they aren't really nightmares; but then others (rarely) get me in a sweat.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by thethrall_nb
That's always a possibility, but i've been having these experinces since i was about 4 or 5 years old. And have been skydiving to try to settle the urge, but it just doesn't "Feel right" wearing a 'chute.

When I was about 4 years old I started having dreams of falling as well! Except in my dreams the same thing always happened, I would fall off the balcony of my grandfathers apartment and hit the ground right next to a palm tree in the centre of the front garden. I would then lie on the ground "dying" and I would feel a "darkness" surround me, then I would be overcome by a strange feeling and wake up. I had these dreams for a year or so straight, but then they stopped suddenly. I can still remember almost every detail of them though.
My mother would tell me they were just nightmares, but I always felt as if there was something more to them, even as a young child.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I think it's impossible to have a personal "death" experience in a dream!
I have been shooted, stabed and falling several times, but as far as i remember i never reach the point where i "die"! When i take a shoot in a dream i remeber to stay hours afflicted by the shoot wond, but i never had bleed or die...
If you folks, try to remember well, it's comon to have "mortal wonds" in a dream, but we never reach the death part..we are in a perpetual "dieing"!

According to the unconscious symbolic language, Death is always a representative of Change!

Exemples:
- you take a shot from a firegun: Something in your life stile will be changed, or you have strong desire to change something in your normal life.

- You was stabed in the chest: something about the person you love will change!

- Death of mother: A change will ocour that will make you fell unprotected.
- Death of father: something in your sexuality will change.
- Death of a lion: The same as above.

- etc.

It's possible to make hundreds of exemples using the death theme.
I study dreams simbology for years and i think it is a fantastic language, and a suberb way our unconscious mind sector have to comunicate with our conscious mind one.

[edit on 3/1/08 by Umbra Sideralis]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join