It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The markets are crashing! The markets are crashing!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesGC
Welcome to happy hour. Last 30 minutes.

Hitting the 500s now. Mind you some movement up and down.

Good time for a smoke and ponder and then look again.

i Predict in one week it will be under 10 000
in 2 week it will be 8000 or less

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Really? You think it is going to fall that fast, sh!t. I am not dumb and I do believe the economy is going to crash, but I just want a bit more time. I figure 9 thousand then by next year way down.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Big call, considering lots of us would have been thinking the same thing back mid August and it went back up. This said, MANY new influences and factors have come into world markets and to say nothing else will pop up over the next 2 weeks/ month would be a big call too.

The 10k mark doesn't bother me, as if you get it under that, you're only a good day away from being over it. i'll be interested to see it hit the 9,000 mark,

I'd be blown away if it didn't drop below the 10,000 mark in the next few weeks though.

Mind you, Fridays are usually decent days for the DOW. usually lots of buy up/short buying. So even if we end up JUST in the red tomorrow, that would actually be huge.
edit on 22-9-2011 by JamesGC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by JamesGC
Welcome to happy hour. Last 30 minutes.

Hitting the 500s now. Mind you some movement up and down.

Good time for a smoke and ponder and then look again.

i Predict in one week it will be under 10 000
in 2 week it will be 8000 or less

Bah...retirement is overrated. Work slaves!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Looks like the sell off has finally begun. What began 10 years ago, is finally coming to an end!

As the Scottish Rite Freemason's would say 'Ordo ab chao'.

Order from Chaos.

st.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by JJDoggie84

Dude, put the water pipe down and relax.

Besides, that's a terrible link.

The stock market goes up and down all the time. It's nothing new. Do you own stocks? If not, who cares?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It does come up and then go down and by the looks of it....right now it is on its way back up. In the red by 400 now so not too bad and I believe we will see it rebound drastically before closing. No need to panic just yet....or at least I don't think so.

Lets be hopeful!!!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Yes, Bernanke is also forcing banks to loan money, but the problem with that is very shady, US bankruptcy rate is high, unemployment is high so who are the banks to lend when they know that defaults are high.

I was talking with my daughter that works for a bank, the bank is small local bank, they only lend money to established customers with outstanding records, yes they do not do mortgages they specialized on local businesses.

We went from producers to spenders to spenders on credicard debts, to unemployed, to working poor. Is going to take more than throwing a few billion dollars into the economy to bring this nation around.

The last stimulus all it did was to preserve local jobs like teachers and police in the states that were in most trouble, we have not seen anything of value from that stimulus to this day, the next one is not going to be any different.

I could of not said it better myself. This whole thing is another scam, to save face and make look good on t.v for the ignorant fools to buy into this load of crud. These bankster old cronies of the MOB know that the banks will give out no loans to people who have nothing in the first place. They better not get any money from our gov't for doing this so called deed, because it stinks to high heaven.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
There you go.

3.5%

That's nothing. Don't worry, consumers. Go out and shop!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
so when would you guys buy in? when it drops below 10,000? Anyone think it'll get below 9000? Just waiting for the optimum time to push my chips in.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Not a real convinceing rally at the end though. And its the biggest 2 day drop since well....you know when.

Though tomorrow is friday, it'll be up +2/3% and the week will have been okay.

That said, can't wait to watch the FTSE 100 and DAX now.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by JamesGC

You are right!

Tomorrow's trading will be up as to hold off a massive knee-jerk reaction over the weekend, holding back an even worse reaction Monday morning.

These markets are manipulated and I would not doubt if someone such as the Fed Reserve injects more money to do just what I described.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ethancoop

If you want to lose your money by all means put it into paper assest - ETFs, Stocks, Treasuries - This problem isnt getting fixed, there is no balancing budgets or deficits or anything when you are Trillions in debt

We are witnessing the end of many things as they currently exist, a complete paradigm shift

The Markets are a Ponzi Scheme for the power Elite to funnel their $ through

You want to preserve / increase your wealth, Buy and HOLD Physical Metals, personally have it, if you dont hold it , you dont own it

Game on... Titanic is going down, I am surprised it took 3 years since 2008 to finally begin, The fundamentals across the board are unsustainable

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
R U people tired of these cronies yet? Banks take , rob you blind. Pay off congress thru gift money so that they can make laws to make them bankster mobs more rich while you the taxpayer flips the bill. EVERYONES BILLS, are getting higher, but the earnings from your job is alot, ALOT less. While food prices,transportation gas prices rises to a drumbeat of chaos. With all your bills getting higher, I do not see any rental property going down with the economy tanking and it will stay that way. Pretty soon you all , ALL will be in soo much debt and more and more people will be going to court to relsolve bill issues they cannot pay. Repossesions will be the norm and pretty soon the brand new garbage can with the very ,very rusty bottom will fall out and this new trash can called the stock market, that When that happens, i hope for your sake that you took your money out before then , because the banks will take it and you will not be alowed to withdraw anything. That i fear is in the very, very ,very near future and there is no stopping it. I hate to be a fear monger, but when these people keep taking, the only path is DOWN. Get the drift. Other countries will soon fall and you know it, WE the taxpayers will bail them out to supposedly stimmulate the economy in some way, supposedly. If you keep taking money out of the cookie jar pretty soon there will be no cookies left. get my drift. If we let this happen, soon the INSANITY will engulf us all. Get your cookies in order here and make sure that they don't take any more of yours. These bankster cronies must be stopped, they are ruining the country that we love and protect.

edit on 22-9-2011 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit
There you go.

3.5%

That's nothing. Don't worry, consumers. Go out and shop!
Your post made me roll my eyes. I know you are being sarcastic, at least I hope you are. The thing that gets me is those people that have yet to really comprehend what is going on around the globe, keep shopping. I am not saying I want people to stop shopping, I would just like them to be able to pay for it and I want them to pay for that house they bought and the new car etc... They kept telling us last month and the month before that things were great, now the gov't is running around blaming each other for the economic problems. Who knows next month the gov't may blame the consumer for not buying enough.

I think tomorrow the market will be up and end up. The money guys will buy and leave the country on a high note for the weekend then watch out next week. Or maybe I don't know sh..

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This is all so very reactionary. It was not long ago on these very forums that people were predicting total collapse. It never came close to that. Thing is you cannot discount the power of greed, as stocks fall and fresh blood enters the water there will always be predators who will be raking in a pile of dough. The super rich, who only continue to get richer and control more and more of Americas wealth? you can bet they are just fanning themselves with a wad of money going "Oh yes, I'm worried."

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Relax.Chill out. NO mortal human can predict what even the next second will bring accurately, let alone tomorrow.

What is to come,will come. But we can take comfort in the fact that we humans will have needs to be met, regardless rich or poor, young or old, religious or atheist, american or zulu, etc, etc.

And from there, life goes on as we trade for our needs, progress and evolve as our ancestors had done for centuries. Earth has not run out of resources or facing a total extinction event yet. Furthermore, our social and economic structures are still in place, far ahead than what our ancestors had during their days.

Cheers!:-)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Yep. Stock markets go up and down.

I think these more rapid oscillations we see in the modern era have more to do with the increasing use of computer software to buy and sell stocks, so we see things going much faster as the software takes the place of human decision making.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It didn't collapse earlier because it has been artificially propped up. They will continue to try to prop it up whilst trying to protect their assets until they can get themselves the heck out of there. They will get out first, before the poor saps realise it won't get any better and devalue the stocks before they have removed their assets and invested in something which will be useful, like a suitable bunker.

I too am amazed they got away with it this long and will be flabbergasted if investors still haven't caught on to the game.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
This is all so very reactionary. It was not long ago on these very forums that people were predicting total collapse. It never came close to that. Thing is you cannot discount the power of greed, as stocks fall and fresh blood enters the water there will always be predators who will be raking in a pile of dough. The super rich, who only continue to get richer and control more and more of Americas wealth? you can bet they are just fanning themselves with a wad of money going "Oh yes, I'm worried."

yah, and there is becomming more and more predators taking YOUR money, like i said, it will only get worse while they give some statements on the news to make you think everything is ok, because we did this. WELL, the we did this, is financially breaking us. Like when we gave out bailouts to banks, WHAT A WASTE, and they all got bonuses. TELL ME, what did you get? I'LL tell you, you got a BIG FAT BILL, MR. TAXPAYER.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join