It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We/You are all returning to the Source, or God whether you like it or not!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
You can read the books on all the prominent religions of the world, near death experiences, direct experiences that people have about the true nature of reality, and many other factors that basically points to one thing:

We are all heading back to God, or the after life, whether you like it or not.

You can argue about it, hate it, be skeptical about it all you want, but time here goes extremely fast and next you know, you are on your death bed and eventually see what awaits you in the here after.

I Love every part of this fact.

Discuss

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

What's to discuss? You're born, you live for a while, and then it's oblivion. Not much to talk about.
edit on 9/21/2011 by KILL_DOGG because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Well oblivion to you, is just the beginning to everyone else. I was a skeptic once too, until I became skeptical of skepticism ......and later saw the nature of reality......

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Namaste

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

how about you precis the quran in one or two lines ? there is nothing left to discuss .

the dog is going to the afterlife , innit dog , yeah

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
So you've arrived at the definitive truth for all mankind, and are now the enlightened one among us. Congrats on that. As has been said, I guess there's nothing left to discuss, you already know it all.

S&F. At least one person on earth has it all figured out.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
You can read the books on all the prominent religions of the world, near death experiences, direct experiences that people have about the true nature of reality, and many other factors that basically points to one thing:

We are all heading back to God, or the after life, whether you like it or not.

You can argue about it, hate it, be skeptical about it all you want, but time here goes extremely fast and next you know, you are on your death bed and eventually see what awaits you in the here after.

I Love every part of this fact.

Discuss

If it is a FACT, you should be able to prove it. If not, it's still just your unfounded belief. Good luck with that.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I forgot who said it, but it's something along the lines of "At first philosophy brings you away from religion (or supernatural or what have you) and then as you look deeper, you can't help but question..."

After looking for some similarities between some things in the bible and other points in other religious texts or sayings, I found the book, "I Am That" by Friedman, a saying that was also mentioned by Jesus when he said "I Am That I Am", also mentioned by the burning bush to Moses and it was filled with wondrous perspectives.

There are many conclusions you can come to by careful study of many paths to redemption/enlightenment.

What I'm getting at is that Advaita Vedanta goes into this. We are a drop of water that is temporarily separated from the ocean, where we will return when this body dies, or more succinctly, we are already there. This may've influenced Jesus' during his lost years if he so traveled around then. Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

Well oblivion to you, is just the beginning to everyone else. I was a skeptic once too, until I became skeptical of skepticism ......and later saw the nature of reality......

You guys often give up to early. There are functional answers to philosophical scepticism also. I have probably only mentioned my own a few hundred times on this forum, and being busy with pushing yout theist self-proclaimed 'absolutes', you must have míssed it.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

bogomil,

Please be respectful of people expressing their views of absolutism. It would make it nicer communication.

Can you refer a post or two concerning your arguments that can enlighten some of us. I see you have 4,000 posts and it would be a massive time saver for you to point out some of the most informative. Like many others here, I'm a searcher for truth.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Might i submit this for those "seeking truth"

www.fox8.com...

Be love

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I do appreciate your contribution to my comment and I actually do get some value from this, however, in seeking the truth, one must embrace doubt whole-heartedly as a strategy concerning the ways of the world.

I do find it funny that they don't show James doing anything extraordinary like filming him talking to some of these vets and recording his reactions as he and everyone else gets surprised when a name is mentioned that he somehow "knew" beforehand. They just tell us that this happened and we are supposed to believe it. They didn't tell us to believe it, but it happened and this is how these beliefs get propogated.

What I think happened is after noticing how involved the parents are with James, and I have to infer quite a bit, they put a lot of energy into him. There was no mention of other children, so he's probably an only child, hence recieves a lot of attention. He likes to play that WWII game featuring planes that the player gets into and can get shot down. This can draw plenty of emotion from an 11 year old and hence affects his dreams. He dreams he's a downed pilot and the parents aren't making the connection. And like all parents who love their children more than life, will embelish a story a bit to make him out to be special. A child is sharp and will find the best way for himself to fit into this pardigm he's been put into from birth.

None of us is special. Not one. I used to do a lot of studying with hypnosis and a semi-famous one, Richard Bandler said he stopped working with people in past life regression, because they were either a pharoah, king, queen or someone of importance. No one was a simple floor mopper or spy or inventor, etc.

The question of existence doesn't come up to a child until someone mentions it for the first time. He picks up on their attitude and if it's someone like a parent, he will adopt that belief system and thus get imprinted as what happens with all imprintings.

Something else...if he were reincarnted, why only the memories of some folks he would have fought with in the war?

And memories are embedded in neurons, not souls.

When I'm talking about the truth, I'm looking for enlightenment and freedom from maya or the Illusion. This stuff is part of the illusion we need to free ourselves from.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMatrixusesYou

No one is asking you to not to doubt, or even believe what is said in that video... Remember they seem to be selling books.

What i was saying is the idea of reincarnation has been around for thousands of years. It can be found in the bible, and many other scriptures that are not christian.

I just presented the video for anyones analysis, take it as you will...

Unfortunatly proof of such things is impossible to find. The same goes for the existence of God... You can only prove that to yourself if you are looking for it. No man can prove Gods existance to another...

Myself, i can only point in the right direction, if you chose to walk that path that is your choice.

None of us is special. Not one.

I disagree fully... All of us are special, every single one of us...

The question of existence doesn't come up to a child until someone mentions it for the first time. He picks up on their attitude and if it's someone like a parent, he will adopt that belief system and thus get imprinted as what happens with all imprintings

Existence isn't important to one so innocent... Or even to one who is incapable of judging anyone.

When I'm talking about the truth, I'm looking for enlightenment and freedom from maya or the Illusion. This stuff is part of the illusion we need to free ourselves from.

The only illusion you might want to investigate, is the fact that we are not seperate from God. To free yourself from this illusion, you must understand it, and accept it.

Either way you are free to do as you will, that is the law...

edit on 5-10-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

What exactly is the fact you love? I failed to se any fact mentioned in your post.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Saying we are all special is a contradiction in terms. Appreciate a Christian here admitting that one cannot prove god to another...just as I couldn't disprove god. That alone shows more maturity than I'm used to seeing in my short time on this site. But then you contradict yourself by saying that it's a fact we are not separate from god....little confused but....whatever. Really a hot button issue with me is how loosely the word fact gets tossed around.
edit on 5-10-2011 by FloatingGhost because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2011 by FloatingGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'm sure I've annoyed people with pointing out that just because you think it so doesn't make it so as often as I do, but on a site like this where truth is the main goal it seems very counterproductive to insist your opinion or belief is anything other than. Seems you would better suited for a site than deals in the same absolutes you do. There are many for each religion and denomination. The fishers of men have no place here. If youo KNOW the truth...why come here? To shove it in the faces of people still on a search?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Thanks Akragon for your comments.
I can say that yes in one sense, we are all special, but as the fellow above points out, it wouldn't make sense if everyone were special. What does make sense is that human beings being formed on this planet could be considered special. I'd like to point out that it should be paid attention to that in our language, we try to become something that is not our true selves.

Like the "I". There is not supposed to be an I, as we are all part of God and the I is individualistic and has its own goals, namely to be the head honcho of all that is.

You mentioned that a child that age doesn't feel existence is important or actually that the thought should never occur ( I know you didn't say that last part--just added it in). Well my answer to that is: why would the child tell his father, "I know. That's why I picked you." (As in "I as a soul picked you") This seems to obviously indicate that this 11 year old is fully aware of what life is about and is capable of judgment and I don't buy it.

I want to say I understand your perspective that we are not separate from God. None of my Christian studying, but only by Advaita Vedanta has shown me this way.

It is seriously helpful to hear you say that it is the understanding and accepting of this that will lead to transcending the illusion.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FloatingGhost

I might have misunderstood what you were saying, but it looks like you didn't understand the points he/she was trying to make, because I didn't feel like they were trying to push an ideology on me. They are just someone who stood up when the question was basically asked, "What is the truth?" When someone gets to a point where they don't like what they see, they get desperate and pretty much have to make a shout-out to anyone that can hear. Something like: "Does anyone have the answer I seek?"

guess you heard the sentence, "When the student is ready the master will appear." Well this might be that instance. I've had other masters that have lead me down a road I didn't want to go down, so serious descernment comes into play.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMatrixusesYou

You mentioned that a child that age doesn't feel existence is important or actually that the thought should never occur ( I know you didn't say that last part--just added it in). Well my answer to that is: why would the child tell his father, "I know. That's why I picked you." (As in "I as a soul picked you") This seems to obviously indicate that this 11 year old is fully aware of what life is about and is capable of judgment and I don't buy it.

I am trying to look where you are getting this story from. Sorry if I missed it. But, what I can "assume" is that an 11 yr. old boy told his Father he picked him to be his Father here on Earth. Am I correct?

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Yea. That's what I got from it and I suppose anyone else would probably surmise from that father's statement. And you'd think the reporter might question Jimmy about that. You know, ask him if he recalls saying that to his Dad or what was he thinking when he said it. That line of questioning. If you asked him, he'd probably only say, "Yea" in response without much explanation, but like Akragon pointed out, they were selling a book.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join