It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We/You are all returning to the Source, or God whether you like it or not!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMatrixusesYou[/. When a person presents their beliefs as facts when there is no factual evidence that person is dealing in unfounded absolutes which makes no sense. To have this pointed out to them and yet continue to insist that it is truth, is to push their ideology on someone. This is discussion, or is supposed to be. A person who deals in absolutes and flaunts ideas as fact on these topics is not here to discuss. They are here to push. There isn't really 2 ways about it. As for your half ass generically esoteric babble about masters and whatever...find a master that can teach you logic and reasoning instead of corny one liners. How many masters have you had? I have none. I have the mind and reason that was bestowed upon me by nature. Or maybe by god?? I don't think it was the latter but I wouldn't deny it either and nothing I present as fact would be anything but. Your condescending tone is unappreciated. I do not seek answers from anyone. I seek information, knowledge and discussion. If I was looking for answers I certainly wouldn't come here and anyone who does is looking in the wrong place.
edit on 5-10-2011 by FloatingGhost because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2011 by FloatingGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FloatingGhost

Part of the problem I'm having here is that the guy never said anything as fact, a word you've brought up now a few times. The other part of the problem I have is that you're attitude does not facilitate discussion, only aggression. If you can't be civil about it, take your commenting somewhere else. I'm trying to learn something and your aggressive attitute towards myself and Akragon only serves as a distraction. If you feel I'm out of line with this, please let me know. I'm sure you have something meaningful to contribute, but angry rants do nothing.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMatrixusesYou

Both comments I made regarding use of the word fact, that were in reply to previous posts, were made in DIRECT reply to previous posts. That means that you can read the comment I replied to in which the word fact was used. I spoke clearly without aggression concerning my arguments to this. What you see as aggression in the rest of my post has to do with your condescending tone about needing a master? Or maybe masters misleading me? Or something along those lines. You don't speak very clearly. Or didn't then anyway.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou
reply to post by bogomil

bogomil,

Please be respectful of people expressing their views of absolutism. It would make it nicer communication.

Can you refer a post or two concerning your arguments that can enlighten some of us. I see you have 4,000 posts and it would be a massive time saver for you to point out some of the most informative. Like many others here, I'm a searcher for truth.

So 'absolutism' and its various manifestations of invasive, elitist, derogatory or fabulative nature can be presented, but not factual opposition?

I don't know your motives for this bizarre request, but usually when it comes from theists, it means: "We have (according to ourselves) protected preaching privileges and opposition is persecution".

As a compressed answer to your question, my own position is that of philosophical scepticism, and I have found the concept of 'relative realities' as considerably more rational and functional than the various 'absolutes' of blind faith.

But even blind faith isn't my major concern. It's blind faith of the ideological-fascism type, I oppose because such usually leads to interference or violence sooner or later.

Summary: When pushers of absolutes learn to respect other peoples' individual choices/beliefs and don't try to interfere with society and academesia, I'll return the courtesy of politeness.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Oh ok. I think I understand you now. Or at least let's hope so.

Your anger is directed at people or theists who believe in absolutes and very nearly totally disallow other's opinions, thus expressing themselves for what they are; fascists. Plain and simple. Ok. And of course correct me if I'm off here.

Well if that's the case, then I misunderstood your original post and I stand by you against any sort of fascism and forcing ideas and dogma. I believe in and respect everyone's opinion, so long as they are conscientious of it, understand it, and can back it up. Otherwise it's not their opinion. It's just the opinion of the originator of the idea.

Well what I thought you meant was people shouldn't just believe in the Absolute, or the idea of what everything is in the abstract. I was trying to sort of echo that idea by the OP. Apparently we are returning to the source because, well, we are the source. Advaita goes into this.

My recent learnings have also catapulted me into philosophical scepticism as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FloatingGhost

Ok I went back and saw that I made a mistake the first time when looking for 'fact'. This time I actually found it, so I apologize for that. And this changes my perception of the whole argument.

Condescending was not a tone I was aiming for when I said:

"guess you heard the sentence, "When the student is ready the master will appear." Well this might be that instance. I've had other masters that have lead me down a road I didn't want to go down, so serious descernment comes into play."

My intention was to explain that I was a student and that I was ready, so a possible master was appearing in Akragon. BTW I use master loosely here obviously. I've come to learn that so far, no one I've met has the answers. So called masters keep making things up that I then have to disprove or dig deep to find the root, then they don't want to play anymore.

I had a guy tell me that church communion where everyone drinks grape juice and eats a piece of bread as a metaphor for drinking his blood and eating his flesh was historically linked to tearing into a virgin's girl's chest, ripping out her heart, taking a bite out of it while still beating and then pass it on to the next person all done in ceremonies thousands of years ago. After asking for his references on this he told me I was on my own, then dropped me as his student. He preached that we need to question everything, even the guru and when I questioned, he didn't like it. What a crock? A deciever! A-hole to put it nicely.

I found a random guy teaching what he called rosicrucianism, which I know very little about. After contacting him asking him how his teaching is different from A.M.O.R.C, he said he didn't like the structure and it's political and all these things. When I told him that nothing stands up to the truth and that since he and they are basically not in resonance with one another, either he or they are wrong in the rosicrucianism teaching. I never heard back from him. And you can see Akragon doesn't want to converse with me anymore. I make logical arguments in as nice a way as I know how, so to minimize offense and people just don't want to continue a discussion.

I suspect two things. I make really good arguments that force people to look at the truth they don't want to see or I'm too confrontational. Maybe a third if I'm just smart enough to make some argument, but too stupid to actually make a point. You did say I didn't speak clearly. I actually think I speak very clearly, but can accept that maybe I have a distorted way of seeing myself that is obvious to everyone but me.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join