It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message to fellow Indigos/ Homo Noeticus, I'm so confused on what to believe, help!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by Annee

None...........I use to be a social worker most of my clients were children, and most of them were special needs.......

I think I have a pretty good grasp on how parenting is done...........and what is and what isnt.......

These are the words of a social worker who thinks he/she has a grasp on parenting - - even though he/she has never been a parent.

"Billy wont sit still in class, has issues listening to teachers, and doesnt follow directions" "aww no its ok hes an indigo child" ...........no your parents spared the rod and spoiled the child , and showed him no sense of direction and authority growing up..........now hes a brat with an attitude......... hes not an indigo child, its poor parenting.......... "Billy wont sit still in class, has issues listening to teachers, and doesnt follow directions" "aww no its ok hes an indigo child" ...........no your parents spared the rod and spoiled the child , and showed him no sense of direction and authority growing up..........now hes a brat with an attitude.........

hes not an indigo child, its poor parenting..........

edit on 23-9-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Does not change the fact - - - parenting can not be understood - - until you are one. NOTHING - - is the same. Observation of parenting is not the same.

You have nothing whatsoever to support your position! Your only claim in all of this is that experience is essential. Sorry, it's not. I am laughing out loud now. This is your sole claim. Your claim is a failure when it comes to showing that Indigo is anything other than a farce. It is not a requirement for child rearing.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Your position on Indigo has been a failure from the start.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well I'm tired of this.

Think I'm done. Gonna move on to something else.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I would trust the social worker over someone that espouses nonsense and claims that self delusions (experiences) are important.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by favouriteslave

No offense taken, thank you for your insight. I had heard of the child in the UK however I wasn't aware he was disabled. I've not heard further about it either, I have heard of junk DNA bieng unlocked which is entirely possible and anyone can do it. From what I've learned Indigo is in simplest terms a term to describe a series of children sharing unique (not superior) traits. often described as having ADD or ADHD ( I have ADD) we tend to learn differently or sometimes faster than others. I always had trouble paying attention in school, not because I didn't learn anything but because alot of it was too easy i needed a challenge, to feed this I read alot. My poor spelling aside, by 3rd grade I was reading at a junior high level, by junior high I was reading at a colledge level. Am I superioir? No, I just enjoyed reading. Indigos may also share traits often described to be "psychic". Being an Indigo is cool in a sense but my firm belief that anyone is capable of possesing such traits, just as anyone can ulock their junk DNA all you have to do is accept it as reality and believe in yourself. We may or may not be evolving, Indigos may or may not be here to show the way, no one can prove or disprove it, one can only define it by their own experiences. A peanut butter jelly may or may not exist in another diension. I was a skeptic until I experienced it for myself. We are all human some of us are just slightly different. Namaste.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

It was just something I heard, I don't really believe it's possible. If it was those who had it may have 3 arms or even purple skin, i've had blood work done i'm pretty sure the doc would've noticed if I had an extra helix.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Also in reply to DAVID64, I was a "normal person" until two years ago when I gained my abilities. Since then my life has changed alot. It is only that reason, by my own experience, that I wear the label Indigo. I once was a skeptic and I thought psychic stuff was silly. Then I was proven dead wrong and soon learned how silly my skeptisism was. Namaste

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyDawn

Much agreed, couldn't have said it better myself.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by centrifugal

I'm going to make this short. I agree with many of your points and have considered all of them. I will answer 2 for you the best I can. I am personally agnostic, I do not believe in a specific religion or god. However I was raised christian and when I was chistian I believed there was much we didn't yet understand. My personal belivef was that god created our earliest ancestors (Adam and Eve) and we evolved from there. I hope this clears your question up some. Naste

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

this i know
but for him or her they need to see this for them selves
i still dont know what a indigo child is or any otherfor that matter
but if he/she sticks to one type of comment then they may see theres nothing to it

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnCreed777

Are you confusing skeptic with scoffer?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Okay, as the OP I’m getting quite sick of this constant senseless illogical bickering back and forth so I shall enlighten you all on both sides because if anyone knows both side I do for I was a normal person before I was an Indigo, so with all do respect shut your judgmental cakehole and read with an at least half open mind. Ready? Heres a long one. Oh. And please read the entire story before you jump to conclusions.

I am John Aurelius Creed and I was born on May 19th 1991 under a new moon and the zodiac sign Taurus. I was an ordinary boy, or at least as ordinary as a child with ADD can be. Due to the fact that I was different left me to the bullies for more than a decade I put up with it. Did I have sympathetic parents to run to? NO. Was I spoiled HELL NO. My parents had a lack of sympathy from the horrors they endured as children. I always knew I was different, I always had a gut feeling I was meant for something, being that I have little faith in my self I doubted such, but hope doesn’t hurt too often does it?
My childhood was dark and depressing, everyone I was very close to aside my parents died in a course of 5 years, not to mention witnessing my father near the brink of death which I still have trouble talking about.

I mean no offense for the things I’m about to say, but I have 0 and I mean 0 tolerance for ignorant biased illogical bull# that people spew just to be hateful. Am I saying all of this to gain pity? No, I hate pity, I am giving every detail so I no longer have to listen to the moronic “ indigo children are a bunch whiny self absorbed spoiled narcissistic brats” but you know who say ignorant crap like this? NARCISSISTS!
Now the reason I include this information is to shut up those who say indigos are spoiled whiny brats, (wher do you even get such an idea? Wikipedia? Urban dictionary?) such statements are incredibly rude and highly inaccurate, so I’m proving that my life hasn’t been “spoiled.

Now, a skeptic may say “ it’s nonsense because theres no evidence, it’s physically and biologically impossible” as a former skeptic I see your point. An indigo might say “ it is something that cannot be proven because it exists in a spiritual manner, just as god, gods existence isn’t proven but believed by millions. It is an idea that can only be understood by experience.” I would agree I was a skeptic until I experienced it all for myself. It’s the difference between an atheist and a christian, both can argue and debate till their eyes fall out but in the end neither side is right nor wrong. No one can prove that god does or does not exist. If you can’t grasp this then you just might be a lost cause, I can’t elaborate further at this time, thus I digress.

Back in 2005 I believe there was a show on similar to Fringe (good show). This show got me interested in sudo science and Fringe got me even more interested, now unless you want to read a 10 page essay on how my interests evolved I shall continue. In 2006 I started watching a show called Supernatural which I found to be very Intriguing, it sparked a thirst for knowledge about the supernatural world, for years I studied ancient lore, angelology and demonology. I knew damn near everything in those categories I knew exorcisms and lore on religions from 4 thousand years ago. I was raised a Christian but also raised skeptic against damn near anything that science couldn’t prove (BIG contradiction). I remained so until I believe it was January 2009 may have been March, I was studying lunar cycles and the effects on the human mind and ocean tides. During my research one night I learned there would be this thing called a super moon (closer to earth= larger appearance and effects) this following week. Being still in school I was pretty busy and missed the event. However after the event I started to feel different, but I couldn’t quite put my finger on it. Throughout that week it intensified so much that I knew or at least had an idea what it was. I would walk by someone and I would just know what they were thinking based by a very intricate series of emotions, I could tell how someone felt and what they were thought about (not everything though) as second nature as easy as breathing. It was a curse, I wasn’t cool and thus considered a nerd and well hated by most of the people I went to school with. So, almost all I was reading and feeling off others was pure hate, which sent me into a deep depression. I wanted this thing to go away, I was desperate for answers so I did what I did best, research. What I found first was telepathy, I accepted it because I couldn’t be a skeptic anymore, I was experiencing that science couldn’t even scratch the surface from, it was my experience and it was so strong that I knew it was real. I thought I was a telepath until I found research on Indigo Children and Empaths, I read into the empathy because indigo children sounded too goofy I figured they were some native american name for their children or some crap. The empath traits matched me for the most part but not %100. At the time it was all I knew so I accepted it after all it was the only answers I could find.

Then 3 months ago I decided to try not to laugh and open my mind long enough to read up on these “indigo children” I was shocked every single little minor detail matched me to the T but I was confused because I wasn’t born with this trait. Later I learned that the trait just like any psychic ability could be obtained accidentally by events in ones life including celestial events. Now I’ve seen many indigo tests and lists of traits that just sound made up so heres one that doesn’t sound so far fetched. This list of traits was created by a therapist who worked with and studied indigo children for several years.

1. May be strong- willed, independent thinkers who prefer to do their own thing rather than comply with authority figures/parents.

:I’d say I’m strong willed, I’ve endured my share of crap and have thus bettered myself. I have trouble with authority figures not because I’m spoiled (tell me how I am) I just find their logic irrational, moronic, and I generally can demonstrate how to do it better ( I teach I’m not a brat, in fact very polite)

2. Have a wisdom and level of awareness and caring beyond their youthful experience.

I’ve always been this way, I’ve always respected my elders and adored my grandmother, I’ve always cared for others sometimes more than I should, and may be described as selfless, I put others first. My peers (mostly teachers) have described me as unusually wise for my age and sometimes even came to me for advice, (who were often 40 years my senior), I’ve always been philosophical and general comprhend things that baffels others. I always have been known to give good advice and when someone ignored me they told me later they wished they had listened.

3. Traditional parenting and discipline strategies don’t appear effective with these children. If you force an issue a power struggle is the typical outcome.

This ones really hard to explain, we’re not brats though, I guess many strategies just seem ridiculous.

4. Energetically Indigos are vibrating at a much higher frequency so they can get scrambled by negative energy (human or machine)

For me it’s the other way around if I’m angry or unhappy everything around me seems to malfunction, or others would just suddenly be angry at me. This is when I become frustrated and scrambled.

5. Emotionally they can be very reactive and may have problems with anxieties, depression or temper rages if not energetically balanced.

All true I have depression, anxiety if in an environment with lots of negative energy, and if it gets to be too much I get mad and I mean violent (not murder violent though), this one is also fairly difficult to explain.

6. Are creative right brained thinkers but may struggle to learn in a traditional left brained school system.

The left brain school system is too easy I could’ve learned it all in my sleep. In 3rd grade I taught my class reverse subtraction and addition, never used a book I just always studied an equation and came up with my own way to solve it correctly. Same year I was reading at a junior high level.

7. Are often diagnosed with ADD/ADHD since they appear impulsive
(their brain can process information faster) and they require movement to help keep them better focused.

Yup, got that, I was never day dreaming (well sometimes) in school but usually thinking and analyzing.

8. Indigos are very intuitive ( often psychic) and may see, hear or know things that seem unexplainable.

Already explained this

9. Indigos have more problems with food and environmental sensitivities since their system is more finely tuned.

I usually just say I have a refined palete, as far as environmental sensitivities yeah, from pollution to hunting you name it.

10. When their needs are not met, these children appear self centered and demanding, although this is not their true nature.

I wish I had a way to explain this, it’s not our true nature though.

11. These children have incredible gifts and potential but may be shut down when not properly nurtured and accepted.

Can’t really explain this either.

Anyhow researchers and scientists have found that many of these children have one thing in common they all have unlocked gene blocks Microcephalin and ASPM which are both used to regulate brain growth causing many of these children to have an average IQ of around 120 to 140 ( if I remember correctly mine is 137 it’s been a while).

So, many skeptics say it’s all just a bunch of hooey, I some of them are too close minded or just morons (no offense)

Let’s put it this way if scientists are researching it and backing it and the government is interested (CIA Stargate Project) then it must exist or at least be somewhat real. Another way to put it is if God, Allah, Aliens, Nibiru, and ghosts can exist than so can we, the indigos. If you still refuse to consider any of this then I don’t know what to tell you, you just might have to see a therapist. We as humans can only understand so much and many only understand what they’re told to by the majority. I’m not saying I’m right or superior in any way. All I’m saying is keep your mind open, you can always learn so much if you do, Indigos may or may not exist, as a former skeptic I’d say you’d just have to explain it yourself.
Sorry this was so long but hey, hopefully it helps. Namaste.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Perhaps, however boths side tend to be irrational at times.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It's more than obvious that the skeptics aren't going to allow any real discussion here
so feel free to message me and Annee if you wish...♥

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

ok, will do I've an idea

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

The skeptics are not scoffing. They are asking direct and pointed questions.

For example, why do you people even believe in Indigos? What evidence is there that Indigos exist?

This is a public forum. Expect to be asked tough questions. When you think about it, these questions should not be considered tough questions. They should be easy questions easily answered.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

This has been such a fascinating dialogue between u and stero...

Here are a couple of points that may be of value to you OP,

By assuming the title of Indigo, you are understating your primary valid identity of Human Being, Indigo is a Trait at best....not an identity

Your experiences in life have led you to be really perceptive about the emotions of others as well as your own emotions, leading you do draw conclusions about people and pick up "data" of sorts from the interference patterns between the two emotional states of the two people interacting....i.e the telepathy incident you had with the other student to whom you were loosely acquainted. I think it was real, just uncommon.

also IMO there's nothing at all superior about Indigos. That Individuals delevlop with different talents and strengths is common and expected, we are animals after all. It's just in the case of particularly sensitive individuals like you may be you feel different and try to identify yourself as something different, like trying to set yourself apart by one of your traits, like " I'm not human I'm a Tall" or " I'm a Vegan" or " I'm Gay"

Don't segregate yourself from other parts of society or you will endure more of the BS in real life that you have hereat the hands of the scientific minded individuals. We are a community of humans all a little different. Our differences should be celebrated and appreciated and used to further our progress together as a species. With your strong nature towards the esoteric, perhaps it would be beneficial to learn more of science and use those methods to keep track ( objectively) of the changes and situations you encounter to form an increasingly accurate title of what you Really are.... a Human with so and so and so traits or beliefs.

Also you should expect resistance in your path, sometimes a high positive value needs correcting by a high negative value to balance out the system. Take resistance as an indication, given positive ideals, that you're on the right path: secondly and contrastingly that naturally speaking there is also value to the path of least resistance.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Where was your conclusion that there is no evidence gathered? Or is it less fact than opinion?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Where is there any evidence that Indigos exist. Some people have even given the position that there is no evidence but you can feel it.

Is that what you wanted to know?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join