It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message to fellow Indigos/ Homo Noeticus, I'm so confused on what to believe, help!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologistI would trust the social worker over someone that espouses nonsense and claims that self delusions (experiences) are important.

I hope you aren't equating self experience with delusions in general. It would explain a lot if you are though :/

I think its a sad state of affairs when we can't even trust our own senses anymore - we have to have someone else tell us what we are experiencing.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystemWhat nonsense. In the past, wealthy merchants could engage in intercontinental trade without serving as sailors on the ships that would bring spices from India to Europe. They understood commerce without having experienced the logistics in its gritty detail. We have plenty of understanding of subatomic particles even without having the ability to actually "experience" them. People understand that it's wrong to give a loaded gun to a kid, even when they never experienced the sight of some kid accidentally blowing off his head.

Ok, so they understand the concept of commerce, but they didn't understand what it was like being a deck hand on one of those ships. I'm sure they knew it was hard, back-breaking labour, but they didn't experience hard, back-breaking labour.

Yeah you understand its wrong to give the kid a loaded gun, but you don't understand what its like to be shot in the head.

You understand the concept of an X-Ray, but you can't feel the X-Ray.

Deaf people who learn to speak use the experience of vibrations to train their vocal chords. They don't experience sound as we do, but they still experience the sound. They couldn't learn if they were told to read a manual which said something like "Push air out through your throat while shaping your vocal chords in a certain shape resulting in a 30hz frequency being emitted from the mouth" (Please don't knit-pick my terminology I don't know what frequency the human voice is nor the intricacies of how sound is produced, but you get the general idea).

Need I go on?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Anyway, as I've said previously I have been told I am an Indigo and the idea sort of seems to fit, but at the same time I am still a skeptic.

For starters its just a label like any other. Practically, it has no affect on how you should live your life. It doesn't change anything, so the label only serves to limit, which is why I choose not to adopt it for myself.

Second, as with all of these topics in the 2012 forum, there ARE people out there exploiting them for profit. There ARE liars. There ARE deluded people. There is no scientific proof because there can't be. That doesn't mean its not real.

Overall, I am just tired of people telling me that what I experience isn't real. Our culture and society is built from the ground up to turn people away from their own inner truths and to accept external truth as the only valid one. Its made me sick and I think that its made most of humanity sick. I think that its been a necessary stage in our evolution but its lead us into a blind alley in a way. There's no turning back now and the next step is upon us.

I can feel it and what I feel IS real, for me. It has no bearing on anyone else's life besides my own and whatever is real for you, is real for you. If these changes don't manifest in my reality, then I will have to re-evaluate my beliefs, or find out what is blocking my progress.

/popcorn

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Cecilofs

I think its a sad state of affairs when we can't even trust our own senses anymore - we have to have someone else tell us what we are experiencing.

What about optical illusions? There are lots of reasons not to trust your senses. They can be tricked. Many arts rely on conveying information through tricking the senses. Surround sound is an example.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

What about optical illusions? There are lots of reasons not to trust your senses. They can be tricked. Many arts rely on conveying information through tricking the senses. Surround sound is an example.

Another example is MP3. Apparently you can exclude a whole bunch of frequencies from the signal and your ears will be tricked it was still there.

That's the nature of the beast. We have a bunch of sensors and a processing unit, and that's that. There is nothing more objective than that, I'm afraid, no "absolute".

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

I just get the feeling some people are skeptics to be skeptics, without any positve evidence to prove otherwise, simply spreading false answers via opinion. I won't lie I have read many valid arguments of here, many from you also. What I believe is misunderstood is that I sit firm on the fence, perhaps leaning more towards the indigo side. Maybe Indigo is indeed a trait, or maybe its a step in the evolutional ladder. I'm no biologist, so who am I to say. However it is proven, and yes I say proven that children and young adults labeled, or perhaps diagnosed "indigo" have an average IQ of 130+ the average middle age adult IQ is between 85 and 105 this is an age gap in intellectuality here you have children with an IQ higher than their peers. This is believed to be the most solid characteristic and best way to test if a child is indigo. I must remember that I was a firm skeptic my whole life until I quit being so stubborn and opened my mind just a bit, It was then when I accidentally discovered I was an indigo, I can't force you to believe, and even if I could I wouldn't. I believe it's a unique trait, just like having a talent for various arts, I do not believe we are aliens or any of such bollocks. It may be possible as nothing is impossible however I personally doubt it, If it is true i'd have to see more evidence than just a say so. I understand this is the view point of many skeptics, and honestly I don't blame you there's a lot of people who spew thruthless crap around for attention. It's just an experience you have to have for yourself, my knowledge and experiences are the only reason I believe, and it's the only good answer i've ever found. I am myself as you are yourself no one knows us better than we know ourselves, In coming months I'll post a thread with several pages of research on indigos compiled by me and I shall cite all of my sources. Perhaps it'll give more ground than my mere opinions. Namaste

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

You are much wise grasshopper *spoken with a chinese accent*

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
If indigo exists or not there's nothing special about it. It is one chakra, out of seven. Being stuck in one chakra is useless. Especially indigo without the violet crown above it to properly govern one's body, mind and speech with wisdom.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

That is a well known problem in science. That is why things are called facts and not the truth.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnCreed777

You are confusing scoffer with skeptic.

However it is proven, and yes I say proven that children and young adults labeled, or perhaps diagnosed "indigo" have an average IQ of 130+ the average middle age adult IQ is between 85 and 105 this is an age gap in intellectuality here you have children with an IQ higher than their peers.

Every time a testable question is raised I ask for evidence. Can you show us where this claim of a higher IQ comes from? You even label this as some sort of definitive test.

As a skeptic and certainly not a scoffer I can be swayed by seeing the evidence for this claim.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join