It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaze/West Bank close to statehood, the end of Israel

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by newcovenant

THe vote hasnt happened yet.

Depending on the result, it wont be good for Israel.

Probably riots, or a 3rd intifada, as some have thought.

If PA doesnt get what they wanted, they would threaten to dissolve the PA and return to the original apparatus of the PLO. They would also call back a million or so refugees living in Arab countries (without citiznship of course; to keep them saddled to the israel issue) to the west bank - which would in turn cause alot of mayhem.

Where would these people LIVE? maybe the houses of the 600,000 Jews living in the west bank??? Imagine they try to take those houses. It'll be pandemonium. They would force Israels hand and Israel would suffer for it.

On the other hand, if Palestine gets what its seeking (which they probably wont) Israel will be harassed on an international stage.

What youre describing there is a damned if you do and damned if you don't scenario. I'm thinking israel is going to end up being the victim of a military manuever called a "nut cracker" or "pincer attack" where they get caught between 2 armies, and both armies full of muslim satanists. I can see Netanyahu enacting his "Samson Plan" if/when that happens unless the prophecies are right and the Lord returns as promised. Ofcourse we live in a day and age when 90% of the world's popluation thinks God is a myth.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

The westbank - where 600,000 Jews CURRENTLY LIVE - would be displaced. What happens to them? And what happens to the remander of Israel? the Negev? Undoubtedly, Palestinian would look to annex the negev. Leaving Israel nothing but their LOW-LYING economic heartland. Sitting neatly by for Arab terrorist to shoot missiles at it...

The Antisemitism and Holocaust talk by the Zionists is not just annoying it is pure BS. And Jews are not the only Semites in that area so Antisemitism goes both ways. Why is it that the Zionists claim that term for themselves. Hypocrisy at its best.

Apart from that the Westbank is Palestinian land! It is Israels problem to find a place for the Zionists living there. They can move to the Negev. By the way nobody is talking about Palestinians taking the Negev. That is Zionist BS talk as well. We are talking about the 1967 borders.

Furthermore, the west bank is strategically important for Israels continued safety; thus, Israel must maintain a military presence there.

It is not. It is Zionist BS talk to grab more land, to have an excuse to steal more land and please stop the whining. The Zionists had their chances and they blew them all.
edit on 22-9-2011 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
They wont get statehood that easy!

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Palestinians gaining statehood would also mean that if just 1 rocket is fired into Israel, then Israel can legitimately view the attack as an act of war. They could then proceed to bury the Palestinians if they so wished.

Was it him? i'm pretty sure it was me, well, at least I said that in a thread, possibly several. Israel is occupying the land, and fighting insurgents. The second the UN recognizes a sovereign Palestinian state they not only get access to the world bank and IMF, they can also have war by Israel declared on them.

Right now, regardless of what side you think you are on, Israel is the occupier and the Palestinians have no recourse what so over. Cease fire? Tried that, Israel broke it. Peace talks? Tried that, Israel stopped them. Non violent resistance? Tried that, ISrael shot them in the fact with gas grenades then invaded again.

The Palestinians are just now able to actually produce a government that can be independent, this isn't to say on day 2 of statehood they have a military capable of invading ISrael. I'm not even sure the US could invade Israel without throwing everything they have at her.

I've said it a million times, the two state solution isn't the end of ISrael, it will be the only thing that saves her. simple as that. Why do all those countries condemn Israel? Gaza. End that and they have no justification. Give them the same rights we all enjoy, and I'll eat my words when they "attack".

I find it amazing that people are so deluded that they think the world is standing by watching and waiting for Israel's demise. Ok then, if we're just leaving Israel to die, lets see how long she survives when the US and Canada stop sending their money over there to build tanks and that stupid wall? Lets see how great the living conditions are for the standard Israeli once the gravy train stops.

without our support Israel is doomed. Not because we won't protect her, because she has done everything in her power to make everyone hate her. Simple as that.

Without a viable solution, Israel is doomed.

And please, stop these none sense posts about how every arab swears an oath at birth to kill the jews. 99% of that is completely made up inside your head, and surely is a sign of insanity. There have been plenty of chances for all those bloodthirsty jew haters to attack, they haven't. the only ever did when they were attacked first.

Don't take MY word for it, go read what the Israeli generals who were actually INVOLVED in the 1967 war have to say about it. Exactly, we already know you won't, because you would be hard pressed to make their statements fit with your "facts".

Give the Palestinians a state, give them a fair shot at life, give them the rope and see where it goes. If, and I doubt this, the Israeli propaganda is correct, then I'll fly my ass to Tel aviv and sign up with the IDF right then and there.

I'm sorry, waving the holocaust flag around isn't going to negate the fact that Israel is determined to eradicate all Arabs from the region. (plenty of important ISraeli government officials quoted on that one too, they must be self hating Israelis right?) And it sure as hell doesn't blind me to what's happening in Gaza, using the threat of a holocaust to justify the current holocaust isn't going to work.

And no, my silly friends, the world isn't going to stand by and wait til you start marching those Palestinians into gas chambers before we act.

Israel has lost face in the world, is a joke at the UN, a threat to NATO, has the guiness record for most ignored UN sanctions and provisions, has isolated herself from most of her allies, and those she still has are merely cardboard cut outs, the majority of the people of those countries do NOT support what is taking place.

Not supporting the occupation and destruction of Gaza has nothing to do with wishing Israel would disappear. Stuff that crap where you feel most comfortable, I can u2u my suggestion if you prefer.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

The Palestinians/Kurds/Tibetans deserve a state more than any other people on the planet. I hope the other nations come together and vote for Palestinian state 194.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ALF88

We are talking about the 1967 borders.

Yes and no, 1967 borders as a starting point as they are the last officially claimed border for Israel. Israel refuses to define a rigid border and has since 67. The deal proposed starts with those borders, with MUTUALLY AGREED LANDSWAPS between the two parties, for stability and security. Some of the settlements stay, some probably have to go, and they are illegal anyways.

The real deal breaker is the right of return, ISrael in no way wants those Arabs coming back looking for their land, so they won't budge on that.

The other obstacle is the fact that once the Palestinians get member status, or observer status, they can, and probably will, bring up war crimes charges and other international court proceedings against Israel. This also simply can't happen.

I'm pretty sure they won't get squat this time around, and they will pay for the attempt badly as Israel has already threatened. BUT this isn't a loss, almost the entire world is now "hip" to the plight and unfairness of the situation, and understand that one side can't solve this, both sides must, and one has proved unwilling to do so. I mean, crap, Russia and China support this bid.

Maybe I'm just looking at the bigger picture too much, but vetoing this would be the worst thing the US can do unless it is indeed hell bent on imperialistic aims, because vetoing this will isolate them from, well, almost the entire planet.

How, as Americans and Canadians, can we send our troops to fight wars to "liberate" countries while the entire time paying for the racist policies in Israel and paying for the ammunition, paying for the separation wall?

How can we justify this? We can't, and hence you have the headless chickens here running around shouting holocaust in your face.

Has anyone else noticed that, leading into 911 and this statehood bid, the ww2 history shows are just freaking pouring in? I'm glad I don't have cable, but I do get lists of what shows to acquire and the ww2, specifically the holocaust related docus, seem to be the only thing on.

edit on 22-9-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: spelling is teh sux

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Your clearly a intelligent man ,with a lot of passion for your people and Israel ,and i respect that ,even with your bold arrogance ,but you started quoting ancient prophecies ,which you can clearly see ,you wholeheartedly believe in ,and is without a doubt causing you great anguish.

You know in the grand scheme of things ,its all pathetic really ,not just the Israel and palestine conflict ,but all conflicts on this little blue planet.

Sometime some of you need to watch this video of Carl Sagan's ,Pale Blue Dot ,to bring you all back to reality.

All we have to do ,is take religion out of the equation ,and 95% of the worlds problems would be over.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Thrown into the sea?This thread doesnt even have the usual"I have nothing against the people just the government"phony disclaimer.Btw Israel can turn the entire arab world to glass and ashes anytime it pleases.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
When the UN grants the Palestine statehood (and it will), it is going to split Israel in half and the jews will have their backs to the sea.

What makes you think Israel would honor a UN resolution? They never have before. Just look here for a list of the many, many UN resolutions made against Israel that they have largely ignored. The last two for example:

223.Resolution 1701 (11 August 2006) called for the full cessation of hostilities between Israel and Hezbollah.
224.Resolution 1860 (9 January 2009) called for the full cessation of war between Israel and Hamas.

Cessation of war and hostilities? HA! UN resolutions are non-binding. The UN can tell Israel to grant statehood to Palestine and it has no more meaning then you telling me to put a monkey on my head and run naked through the streets.

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
The sun is setting on Israel.

No offense, but that is an incredibly naive statement. You sir, do not know Israel. Regardless of whether one is for or against them, one cannot deny that for such a tiny country they are a formidable military presence, and a very strong-willed people. It will take much, much more than a UN resolution to get them to roll over.

edit on 22-9-2011 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

This is much bigger then you understand Maverick.

Fact is. These prophcies arent happening on their own; but rather, the people who control things are deliberately manufacturing scenarios in which these prophecies will be enacted.

Of course, this is all to spite the Jewish God - "demiurge" - and his people.

Its entirely religious. Even the phony "liberals" and "libertarians" know theres a metaphysical side to things, and its this metaphysical doctrine - perennialism - that is being projected into social events.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join