It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Psychologists explain why some people can't accept alternate conspiracy theories concerning 9/11.

page: 10
92
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mahajohn
 





There is literally not a SINGLE Truther contention that can't be effectively dealt with with contrary information or interpretation.


Not a single contention? Funny you say that, it is actually the other way around.




posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_
 


I was sharing what I know about 9/11 with a close relative, and they finally were honest enough to admit that if 9/11 was an inside job, they didn't want to know. Strange but true, that is how a large number of people think.

I was absolutely 100% sure that 9/11 could not have been an inside job, and therefore I set about showing how ridiculous those claims were with the idea it would be quick and easy to do. When I learned that George Bush said he saw the first plane flying into the first tower in his limo before entering the school building, which was not a televised event, I became convinced that it actually was an inside job. He commented about how the pilot must be terrible. Only recently did he change his story to say he merely heard about what happened in the limo and was no longer sure it was pilot error because perhaps the weather was bad.

A few months after having reviewed all the evidence at the time I suffered a serious mental break-down as a result of realizing that people at high levels in the US government participated in the 9/11 attack planning.
edit on 22-9-2011 by seachange because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Pride and denial. There's lots of both in this thread. You deniers need to step outside your comfort zones and use LOGIC to see the truth. The evidence is all there, plain as day. All you need to do is look at it and stop pretending it isn't there. Denying it isn't going to make it go away.

Pigs don't fly, fish don't ride bicycles, and 52-story buildings don't freefall into their own footprint because of a few office fires.

Wake. Up.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM
 


Maybe you should stop swallowing every little false factoid that the 9/11 truth movement hands you and actually research into it yourself, to you know see if its true.


In every photo and every video, you can see columns far outpacing the collapse of the building. Not only are the columns falling faster than the building but they are also falling faster than the debris cloud which is ALSO falling faster than the building. This proves the buildings fell well below free fall speed. That is, unless the beams had a rocket pointed to the ground.

Just look at any video you like and watch the perimeter columns.

Deceptive videos stop the timer of the fall at 10:09 when only the perimeter column hits the ground and not the building itself. If you notice, the building just finishes disappearing behind the debris cloud which is still about 40 stories high.

Below is a more accurate graphic using a paper written by Dr. Frank Greening which can be found at: www.911myths.com...

The paper takes the transfer of momentum into account. Like a billiard ball being hit by another on a pool table, each floor transferred its momentum to the next as represented below. The more weight, the less resistance each floor gave.


www.debunking911.com...




posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by seachange
 





I was sharing what I know about 9/11 with a close relative, and they finally were honest enough to admit that if 9/11 was an inside job, they didn't want to know. Strange but true, that is how a large number of people think.


Same here with my mother, sister, brother in law as well as other relatives and friends. They said the same thing. Because of this i feel like i have lost them. They are not who i grew up knowing, they are different to me now. Why anyone would have the conscious to disregard the fact mass murders run the show... sit idle by the wayside is beyond me. I am a fighter, a born rebel that is just part of who i am. I WANT TO KNOW! The truth will set you free. This will never change. It is telling when you find two kinds of people, and the thing is what they fail to understand is they can stand up and have a voice. What they fail to understand is their children will grow up in a world of corruption and mob rule and they did nothing about it. I fight for truth not for just my freedom.. I am a long term thinker. This is about not just America, the world but the direction humanity is heading.

Death Before Dishonor


I prefer death rather then become a mindless sheep to the slaughter like THEM


May God have mercy on us all

edit on 23-9-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier
 


Thats the very reason I wont have children, at least in the foreseeable future. And no, no mercy deserved for us.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
We cannot have liberty without Truth.
It really amazes me that there are long time ATS members in here who still believe in the OS of 911. From my years of research on 911, people who do not believe in the evidences that 911 was an inside job eventually will when more of the US population begins to accept the fact that the government lied to us and are hiding the Truth. Those that cannot conceive the idea that a small fraction of powerful politicians in the Bush administration and Pentagon officials pulled off the greatest deception in the world, are completely in “denial” or do not want to know the truth, and discussing 911 with them is the same as having a discussion with a role of toilet paper.



"We cannot have liberty without Truth."

So all the propaganda dished out by the allies in both world wars was truth was it? All Germans were nazis? All Japs were of a lesser breed? All white english speeking people would go the same way as the jews?

Your opening statement is flawed so anything else you said is as well. Well it is even without your opening statement.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Saltarello
 


Recently my mother admitted that things were not as they seem, she is a 70 year old woman set in her ways. She witnessed Watergate happen, Kennedy ect. She believes there was more then one shooter. She admitted conspiracy are real. After explaining WTC7 after she made some snide remark about Jesse Ventura on the view i hammered away with facts, and my being a Iron Worker having a better insight on metal fatigue and working on construction of buildings was a benefactor.

I think maybe she was better off living in la la land... in the little time she has left here now she understands the Country was Hijacked by these monsters, she served this country and that has it hit home a little. But now she realizes and i feel like it may be a disservice to push this on someone and maybe they are better finding their own way taking baby steps rather a bomb shell being dropped on them at once. So she says she wished she did not know after all is said and done. Perhaps the blue pill was better for her. After all years of conditioning the masses cant be reversed ovewr night. The effects.. even withdrawals come in to play. Many people will come to for a brief minute and slip back in to the false reality they are so use to. Somewhat like the body reacting to pain. Then going in to shock.

Then my inlaws are all law enforcement and concur there is something wrong with 911, at least admitted they have a list of alleged terrorist here in the states and have been told not to engage them? As if the PTB WANT these events carried out, look at pearl Harbor, 911 , Gulf of Tonken ect. At the same time said there is nothing we can do about it. Yet they are suppose to serve and protect... protect and serve who?
edit on 23-9-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask
 


Did you even watch the video?


sure did.......and I think its pretty underhanded to tell people there is something wrong with them just because they might not agree on a certain viewpoint.......


Well thats odd, the OP made this post at 5:21 and you had your reply a mere 8 minutes later. Its not the fact that people dont believe 9/11 was an inside job, its the fact they dont even allow the idea to be a possibility or even bother to look at conflicting evidence.

Instead of analyzing the evidence it is tossed aside because people dont want to believe their government would do such a thing. its a vulnerable feeling thinking your government, who you are used to protecting you, may be involved in a plot that killed 3000 people and started a war that killed hundreds of thousands more. Your reaction is exactly what they talked about in this video.....



How is that odd? ive seen the video before, its been used in other forums for the same purpose as this one.....

I dont care what the evidence is.......i dont care what the viewpoint is on either side.......

To tell someone there is something wrong with them because they dont agree with you is horrible......

Funny, same people hate the whole "Well if you dont believe what we believe then your a terrorist!", sure as hell will use the same tactic when it aids in their cause wont they........

Naa your not a terrorist, youre just not rational......

Whatever....
edit on 21-9-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)



haha caught out !!! youve seen the video before...on another forum....for exactly this same purpose?? waaaahhhhahahahahahah.

no but seriously, you are a classic example of whats being told in this video.

i cant believe how thick most people are.

if you just open your friggen brain and question everything you are told... man we are told nothing i can tell you that. this "reality" we "conscious" physical beings percieve is utter lunacy. to question this is the most valuable thing anyone can ask.

stop watching tele and wake up to the brainwashing you hopeless fool!
you create your own reality
you create your own way of "being"
no one gives a sh*t about you



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

Originally posted by Section31
reply to post by Unknown Soldier
 

Regardless about what 9/11 conspiracy theorists say, they already lost the overall argument. Since the official public story is 'on record', without an official effort for an override, the original events we all witnessed on tv and radio will continue to hold truth. We were attacked by terrorists on 9/11. Nothing will officially change that. Thank god.

Good luck on removing the official story from record.

It will never-ever happen.



edit on 9/22/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)


So the official LIE is now etched in stone, and at the same time you ignore the body of evidence. You cant back up your belief in the official story in your own words and make the case yourself simply because you fail to understand the science of 911? You do not strike me as a free thinking person. So basically to you the fabric of reality is based on whatever was conjured up in the commission report? Whatever was said on the news that day before anyone knew what was really going on or knew who exactly did it.. before it was even supposedly investigated? Instantly there is a list of Hijakers within a couple hours released, to this day the video footage of the pentagon is classified yet they drop a list of Hijackers instantly? Yet It was never investigated, Bush and Cheney blocked an investigation of course. The official explanation is an EXCUSE not an explanation. You believe whatever you are told simply in that you were taught who to listen to without question.

OK so if i get a job at lets say FOX news or MSNBC and report the sky is falling then it must be true. It can not be reversed or proven to be bad intel hence it is real to you. The weapons of mass destruction must still exist in Iraq, of course it can not be reversed even after the fact there were no WMD's in Iraq after all this was admitted to be orchestrated by bad intel "CIA" who knew? Really was Dick Cheyney's idea.. Your fail at logic is example of the kind of person that is easily controlled and influenced. Join me in reality, it is not all sun shine and rainbows but at least i know where i stand.




Reality check
edit on 22-9-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)



By refering to it as the "official LIE" You yourself have etched it, and the truthers point of view in stone. So what's your point?



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by steveknows
 


A lie is a lie, yes it is Official after the facts weighed in to prove so

If i tell you I am am from planet Jupiter then I am lying right?

What is your point?
edit on 23-9-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by psikeyhackr
 


Strange HOW you always ignore a chance to look at the IMPACT LOADS care to explain why!!!

The fact that YOU and ANOK and others avoid this issue tells us a lot!



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by impressme
We cannot have liberty without Truth.
It really amazes me that there are long time ATS members in here who still believe in the OS of 911. From my years of research on 911, people who do not believe in the evidences that 911 was an inside job eventually will when more of the US population begins to accept the fact that the government lied to us and are hiding the Truth. Those that cannot conceive the idea that a small fraction of powerful politicians in the Bush administration and Pentagon officials pulled off the greatest deception in the world, are completely in “denial” or do not want to know the truth, and discussing 911 with them is the same as having a discussion with a role of toilet paper.



"We cannot have liberty without Truth."

So all the propaganda dished out by the allies in both world wars was truth was it? All Germans were nazis? All Japs were of a lesser breed? All white english speeking people would go the same way as the jews?

Your opening statement is flawed so anything else you said is as well. Well it is even without your opening statement.


I do not see the correlation between your examples and Liberty and Truth. Supposedly our country is suppose to be about liberty and justice, justuice is suppose to be based on and founded on truth. Not corruption and propaganda. What propaganda used in WW2 , NAM ect does not excuse the 911 lies told to us.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by impressme
We cannot have liberty without Truth.
It really amazes me that there are long time ATS members in here who still believe in the OS of 911. From my years of research on 911, people who do not believe in the evidences that 911 was an inside job eventually will when more of the US population begins to accept the fact that the government lied to us and are hiding the Truth. Those that cannot conceive the idea that a small fraction of powerful politicians in the Bush administration and Pentagon officials pulled off the greatest deception in the world, are completely in “denial” or do not want to know the truth, and discussing 911 with them is the same as having a discussion with a role of toilet paper.



"We cannot have liberty without Truth."

So all the propaganda dished out by the allies in both world wars was truth was it? All Germans were nazis? All Japs were of a lesser breed? All white english speeking people would go the same way as the jews?

Your opening statement is flawed so anything else you said is as well. Well it is even without your opening statement.


I do not see the correlation between your examples and Liberty and Truth. Supposedly our country is suppose to be about liberty and justice, justice is suppose to be based on and founded on truth. Not corruption and propaganda. What propaganda used in WW2 , NAM ect does not excuse the 911 lies told to us. You are way off track there. Just sayin.

edit on 23-9-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst
 



WOW you really hit the nail on the head, exactly !


To me it is like living in a episode of the Twilight Zone, so many people are not receptive to simple logic. Almost as if hard wired to think this way "or lack there of" How and why they have become so limited is disturbing. Invasion of the body snatchers is a great way to put it btw. What creeps me out is why would they go out the way to register on a conspiracy web site to refute the facts and UPHOLD THE STATUS QUO? Vigorously defending the official explanation yet not presenting any supporting evidence of the official story. It is not like there are a couple red flags, the whole thing stinks to high heaven. .... It is not like thousands of Germans carried out death camps just because they thought they were being good germans, some enjoyed it.
edit on 22-9-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)



>> I think there is a BIG difference between the "common wisdom" and people who get on ATS and defend the Government Line.

For one thing; You and I who blog about this -- KNOW a lot more about the Official Theory than does the average public. If the Average Joe really did follow the official explanation -- it reads like a Rube Goldberg device.

IT wasn't actually; "Bin Laden wants to strike America, then gets 19 guys to use box cutters, then target some buildings" and of course the fall.

It was more like; "FBI agent sends in 72 warnings we ignore. Bin Laden gets 19 guys who were ON THE CIA watch list, they leave from Saudi Arabia getting passports from the US embassy (kinda close to the CIA), then they go to Jupiter Florida and train. Their LEADER, is seeing a stripper -- and OH, the public completely forgot about that little detail -- NOPE, now they are Muslim extremists. 9 of the 19 Hijackers are however, ALIVE, but we don't get a NEW LIST of suspected hijackers and the FBI never pursues them because of lack of evidence..."

I could of course go on with this ACTUAL detailed account. You see; it's when you string together ALL THE EXPLANATIONS.

You've also got to wonder why RADAR tapes are destroyed. 80 tapes confiscated but only 5 frames released from the Pentagon. Three buildings fall and two airplanes disintegrate. Steel beams from the only steel structure to collapse due to fire is blasted out 300 yards into the sides of buildings - because it FELL you see. And everybody IMMEDIATELY understands that a "pancake collapse" is going to keep up with dust that is falling, because it happens JUST LIKE that during a demolition - only this is NOT a Demolition.

>> Then you've got the BLOGGERS who get on ATS -- and have maybe been forced to READ some of the things we put forth -- if only to cut and paste arguments from Popular Mechanics or some of the other "debunkers" who -- well, let's not notice that about the same 14 people all keep showing up on the different "official" debunking papers/tv shows/ magazines and government oversight groups. Let's not notice that it took 4 years to force an investigation and the OFFICIAL REPORT was that "we were forced to ONLY include eyewitness reports that supported the OFFICIAL STORY -- and we had to throw out the testimony of about 5,000 people in order to get that consensus..."

It's like listening to Reverend Haggard rail about homosexuality -- how does he know so much to be in denial?

"You have no EVIDENCE of these 'theories!'"
-- you know, that's why we have courts -- right? I'm just a blogging fool on the Internet -- I cannot subpoena evidence, dust for fingerprints, nor procure objects from the crime scene ,can I? All the "evidence" is missing, and what we get is a "trust us -- the Pentagon was hit by a plane!"

Well, I saw pictures of some debris, and there was a tarp some guys carried out -- must have been REALLY strong to carry out an entire passenger airplane. The grass was completely replaced,... and it would have been REALLY easy to prove all the "Truthers" to be a bunch of idiots if we had some RADAR tapes or some video -- oh, that doesn't exist?

We've got more pictures of Bigfoot than we do of these planes -- and an inverse amount of certainty.

>> This coming from an administration that delayed investigation. Flew the family of the prime suspect out of the country. Then rushed to war in Afghanistan when they OFFERED to give us Bin Laden if we would only put him on trial in a neutral country LINK .

Then this administration -- who was FLAWLESS reporting who did it on 9/11 -- then they RUSH us into war with Iraq. WE had some of the same people SO SURE there were WMDs and that the inspectors were lying -- even though the PNAC group had plans for invading Iraq and pushed Clinton to do as far back as 1998.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Let me use the children reference for a minute. Lets say you hired a baby sitter. Now lets says your child start showing signs of withdrawal with each new contracted employment of this baby sitter. The baby sitter has the same credentials and even more than most baby sitters. Seems like a pillar of society up and coming. Basically an awesome individual on paper.

But back to your child... You are now torn between what to believe. Accusation should not be a direct approach as you do not want to hurt this esteemed person's reputation nor tarnish yours. So you start to investigate. You no longer employ this babysitter. You may or may not find bruises, scratches or other marks of struggle on your child or the esteemed person in question. For all you know your child could be lying and making it up.

But c'mon people... THESE ARE THE SAME SKILLS AND TOLERANCES WE ARE ASKING EVERYONE TO USE!!!

Investigate, find facts to back up your story on either side. You may never have a clear answer. But not only will you be more aware of what to look for in the next incident, you may have found enough evidence and doubt to prove it either way. No one is looking to change any ones mind on what they believe to be the actual chain of events, but rather we are looking to change tear down that wall and at least see things that maybe PROBABLE. Theories and theorems in science work on this very logic...so try it and you might be surprised.

Good luck in life no matter what you believe.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
... it's not JUST the denial of all the curious events of 9/11 -- it's the CERTAINTY that anyone suggesting "Inside Job" is the silliest nutter in history.

The Bush administration LIED about everything -- absolutely EVERYTHING when they weren't giggling about how clever they were. The After Downing Street memos support that they lied and orchestrated opinions to make it look like Iraq had WMDs and would be attacking us any minute.

The Spanish-American war was based on a false flag.
The Korean War was based on a false flag.
The Generals bring a document outlining an operation to steal a Cuban commercial aircraft, and remote fly it into buildings in Florida to spur outrage against Castro to the Joint Chiefs of the Kennedy administration -- and THAT is written off as some "speculative document the war game all the time." Right?

The former Reagan-Bush administration, imported coc aine from Latin America to pay for weapons to sell to radical extremists in Iran -- are we supposed to FORGET the Iran/Contra conspiracy? Yes -- yes we are. Some politicians would NEVER use hostages for self interest.

The main witness had a lobotomy thanks to the CIA on the day of his testimony. APPARENTLY, he had this strange brain hemorrhage -- that required emergency treatment that rendered him forever unable to speak or think much. I've never heard of such a procedure before or since…. kind of like those pancake collapse issues with burning buildings.

>> And on top of that, the Bush administration contracts a Non-Official Operative's husband to investigate "Yellow Cake" and when he says there was no connection - they BURN his wife and by extension the undercover agency "Brewster Jennings".

What does Brewster Jennings do -- crazy Truther who might be curious? They hunt down Weapons of Mass destruction.

You mean like this VX Nerve Gas that a company called "Carlysle Group" accidentally had sitting in their crates?

>> That's ANOTHER thing I'd like investigated; what happened to the people of Brewster-Jennings, and I'd also like to know why John McCain was talking about 4 chemists at a Weapons Research Lab who were sure that Al Qaeda sent the Anthrax to a senator -- and then the Anthrax ends up being traced to that very same lab.
Once again, NOT MAKING THIS UP.


>> So I'm the crazy one -- when I read history and official documents of "FALSE FLAGS AND CONSPIRACIES" on a consistent basis. An administration that loses money, fixes facts, lies constantly, and is basically a bunch of fascists who break the Constitution and lie us into a few wars -- but I've got an ISSUE with 9/11?

Why no War Crimes trials when an administration lies us into war, gives friends really FAT contracts to profit from, puts the "embassies" on the Pipeline route, and pushes the Patriot Act that can basically DISAPPEAR ANYONE THEY WANT AND THROW THEM INTO DETENTION INDEFINITELY WITHOUT A TRIAL OR CHARGES.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by scoobdude
 


Your BABYSITTER ANALOGY would probably fit IF;

The Babysitter at the agency had a history of coc aine abuse.

The Babysitter has no proof that she went to training -- but the news reporter who tried to find evidence against her, gets thrown out of their job after decades of the most distinguished career.

The Babysitter has plans to take someone's baby and hold it for ransom, it puts these plans on a website called "Project for a New American Child" -- this is not supposed to ring alarm bells at your agency...

The Babysitter you picked, get's disqualified from working for you, because the Supreme Court steps in and forces an exception and 80,000 votes for your choice get thrown out. OK -- the analogy is a little rough there.

Now the Babysitter is in your house -- and kind of sleeps all the time. The child shows signs of abuse, but your agency tells you not to worry -- all kids get bruises.

You don't like your babysitter, but you've got a contract you can't get out of at the moment.

One day; There is a fire in the house while you are gone. You come back and find that Firetrucks didn't get there until hours later -- and the babysitter says she tried to call but the lands were jammed because someone at the 911 service was doing drills of houses on fire just that very day.

You find out that the Babysitter took out an insurance policy to benefit if your house got burned down.

The Video Monitor you had cleverly hidden in a bear on the fireplace -- well, it stopped working the day of the fire.

Apparently, there was some unusual substance in the house, and it burnt hotter -- you've got puddles of molten steel. The babysitter just shrugs, and says; "Why do you dishonor the memory of your own child by thinking he would do such a thing as burn down the house -- are you a child molester -- or are you covering for child molesters?" I can't remember if I was personally a traitor for questioning the President during 2004 -- it's been so long ago…

You call the police to investigate, but instead the Babysitter contracts her cousin Vinny to come over and have a "look see" -- you'd never heard of a private company replacing official investigators but your Baby Sitter agency says; "this is standard procedure." Since when? You wonder.

She tells you that the house was burned by a competing Baby Sitter Agency.

"How do you know?" You ask…

"I've got all these threats by the rival babysitting agency to burn down the house with your baby in it…"

You gasp. "Why didn't you do anything about this -- like, not allow known people from al Qaeda to get passports at our Saudi embassy?" Oh wait, yeah, the metaphors getting strange again -- but hey, the reality is just as weird too.

"We get these all the time -- it's standard."


The next day, someone from the Rival Babysitting agency is flown back to Saudi Arabia -- you ask the babysitter; "If you just told me you KNOW this rival babysitting agency was the ones who broke into my house -- why are you letting them send their family away without an investigation?"

The babysitter stands there, really upset at your lack of patriotism; "What is your problem?" A reporter from CNN happens to walk by and says; "Why are you such a child molester -- can we look at your laptop?" You find out that the NSA had already been accessing your laptop -- so they would KNOW you have no kiddie porn already...

You find out that in Texas, the Babysitter threatened the rival agency that we will "cover you with gold or carpet you with bombs" if they didn't let her put in a gas pipeline. Strangely -- a former Executive of the company that wanted to put in a gas pipeline ends up being the President of that country. OK, no, in this case, the babysitters cousin Vinny ends up running the rival babysitter agency, due to all the accusations of malfeasance that she directed at them. Mind you ALL the accusations come from the Babysitter who was standing around not able to call the police while your kid burned up.

Then the babysitter makes sure there is no official investigation. When there is one -- they report that "we were stalled the entire time -- we could only AGREE with the babysitters story and add nothing else to the report…"

"This is standard procedure" you are told when you complain to the babysitting agency.

Instead of being fired, the babysitter gets twice her salary -- and you've got to pay it -- for SECURITY. Her cousin Vinny now escorts her with an Uzi every time she comes to your house. You still have another kid left, and getting rid of her while you are under investigation for Kiddie Porn would look suspicious, your lawyer tells you. By the way, his name is also Vinny -- you are still supposed to ignore the coincidence.

…. You know, this whole "babysitter" analogy, really has promise to make this 9/11 conspiracy something where both sides can see reasonable arguments. The T



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst
 


Looks like your last sentence got cut off. Was a good read though. Gotta say you really did take it to the next level. I was just trying to get people to use the same critical thinking skills they would use in that case for 911. But maybe my analogy will help people see past their walls of what can and cannot happen...especially after they read your post. But you forgot to ask...is the official story correct or are you a conspiracy theorist


Thus the circle continues between the believers and non believers. I must admit there are people in both parties that go to far on what they believe, but we should still not dismiss their ideas without proof. If none is provided though.. well...as the saying goes you are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. And as of now, i have way to many questions to believe the OS. Does this mean I believe hologram planes, missles etc? As of now the evidence i have come across says otherwise, but i do know phones do not work at that altitude, NORAD is official documentation, wreckage pictures of the PA plane are..lacking. This does not mean I have the answers though. And in all fairness its what we ALL should be looking for... the truth.

on a side note, this 9/11 thing is about as bad as talks about religion, unicorns, little green men etc. no matter how much proof is presented both sides will have their own opinion

edit on 23-9-2011 by scoobdude because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
A lot of it comes down to prejudice, too. A person who has a favorable opinion towards their source of information is likely to accept and grasp that information firmer, whereas a person with a less favorable opinion is likely to deny the information and look for another answer.

A very simple example of this is the common myths surrounding pitbulls: trap-jaw, super strong bite, brain swelling and/or brain too big for their skull. All of these "facts" were likely taught to the believers of them by someone they have a favorable opinion towards. They had no reason to doubt, no reason to dig deeper, no reason to find evidence to refute these claims; and if that person is held in high regard, it's likely any differing information will be met defensively because they wouldn't want their perceptions of someone tarnished. None of these commonly held beliefs are true, you can find the information easily online. Rottweilers and German shepherds both have bites around 100 PSI stronger than a pitbull's. Any mammal who suffered from brain swelling, or had a brain too large for its' skull would likely be too sickly to do anything, and would die soon after, and there is no functional difference between the jaws of this dog and any other.

Another commonly held belief, and one that I used to hold, is that a crane fly is in fact a male mosquito. You know those large, leggy mosquito looking things you might see around a light at night? Not even related to a mosquito. But for years I called them "male mosquitoes" because my brother who I envied for his vast knowledge told me that that's what they were when I was young. I had no reason to refute this, and knew his knowledge to be spot on from experience. Even he is wrong, though, at times.

Anyway, my point is a person who has a high opinion of the government and any federal agency or whatever is likely to believe what they say regardless of any evidence. The need to believe that the group who is supposed to protect them would never harm their own people pushes them to be staunch deniers of any alleged wrongdoings even further. Yet those of us who have had bad experiences with the government and/or their officials, policies, or regulations would likely look for any source of information showing them to be dastardly and try to spread it as fast as possible. It's a simple case of bias, in one direction or the other.

To add to this, people in the neutral zone who lack much in the way of knowledge in an area are also more likely to believe what they are told from a reputable source. And of course, lacking any knowledge in the area, anything "official" would automatically be "reputable". For instance, when 9/11 first happened, I wasn't into conspiracy theories or politics. My first glimpse into this world came some years later, and the first tastes were set in opposition of the OS regarding 9/11. Of course, lacking any knowledge or experience in the area of government cover-ups, black ops, false flags, I immediately started leaning towards the truth movement since the first "scientific evidence" came from these people. I have, of course, changed my views on many things in the past years after realizing that fact-checking and independent research and verification was the only way to get any truth in any field.

*shrugs* Just my two cents on the subject.




top topics



 
92
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join