It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychologists explain why some people can't accept alternate conspiracy theories concerning 9/11.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
I think I count the number of actual "qualified" people on that list, on one hand. The rest,
are a joke.

Thank you for your opinion. It's always best to attack the messengers when you can't attack the message.

edit on 23-9-2011 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
But despite that all, the million dollar question for me is that if 911 was indeed a so called inside job [as I believe it was], what could be the real reason then for why it was executed the way it was.
It really must be something extraordinary in my opinion.

Desperate times call for desperate measures? But why an act of such extreme desperation? Yes, for me too, the essential objective is not so much to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that 9/11 was an inside job, as it is to imagine the reason(s) behind such an act of desperation. That journey of contemplation is the really frightening thing. And for some reason I don't believe that even if it could ever be proven to have been a domestic crime, it is not of the nature of this particular beast to be tried, convicted and punished and relegated to the pages of the history book, and America and the world continued on its merry way.

It is something even deeper and ominous than what the psychologists in the video describe. They are basically saying that Americans do not want to accept that their nation - that has been projected to be the light of liberty, freedom and the creative spirit of inventiveness, could be guilty of such an underhanded crime inflicted against its own people - the equivalent of a mother becoming insane from post-natal depression and drowning her baby in the bath. The equivalent of Born Again Jimmy Swaggart devotees hearing the news that their reverend - their guide to the promised land, had been found doing the wild thing with a fallen woman of the streets,in the back of his car.

All people deep down have a connection to the collective unconscious and know what is happening at that deeper level where the dark sides of the mind's moons cross over and overlap - but it is not a conscious understanding. It is "the policeman's hunch".

It reeks of the kind of crime that is planned and committed by someone who has nothing to lose, or who has such powerful friends in high places that he has no fear of arrest.

I recall recently reading one ATS member's statement to the tune of, "I have begun to think exactly like TPTB, not that I agree or condone their actions, but how they can justify each thing that they do, from THEIR point of view."

I have had that insight too - to put myself in the shoes of the supremely wealthy and powerful. And I thought I could hear one of them say to the others, "If only they knew what was coming, they would see that what we have been forced to do is of no greater import than throwing a brick through the window of a costume jewelry shop."
This is what has disturbed me.

Originally posted by impressme
people still want to believe them, because they are frighten to death that their make believe world may not be what they were taught and perhaps our real enemy lies in our political power structures that runs this country.
Eventually it will be accepted that 911 was a false flag regardless of what the academics want to teach our children. (911 coloring books of the OS)

I think that the real enemy is one, and it runs every country to some degree or another. Or it is many headed beast with a single body. Perhaps Americans are taking the act of 9/11 too personally because the U.S. faction of TPTB have said, "This heinous act was committed by terrorists who are jealous of our freedoms, our wealth, our happiness and our American dream success story. because these people cannot create what we have created they wish to destroy it, as someone who is losing at chess flips the board and pieces over in a fit of rage. My fellow Americans...blah blah blah."

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst

WITHOUT anything proving a theory about 9/11 -- these guys should be investigated and charged -- but that isn't happening. Another STRONG bit of evidence for the involvement of the Bush administration -- is that our justice system is ENTIRELY BROKEN.

Yes, (and I liked your whole last post by the way) - but this is like a crime where the city's greatest crime boss has been allowed to operate for decades with the permission of the chief of police, and the mayor - and to pull out the roots exposes key elements of the very social infrastructure. But this has actually happened before and it was finally exposed and life went on.

But for some reason that I cannot articulate, the roots of this crime run so deep that the guilty parties would rather see the end of the world as we know it rather than plead guilty and be judged. It is also of the nature of a challenge to the working class people of the world. A challenge of enormous magnitude. This is what people do not want to take responsibility for and would rather remain blind to.

The cattle deep down know that the farmer is not their benefactor no matter how much he works to make the pasture lush, and fencing them in from wild dogs.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Thank you for your opinion. It's always best to attack the messengers when you can't attack the message.

Ah yes, because an electronics engineer is so qualified to comment on building demolition, metallurgy, skyscraper engineering. And a theologian is so qualified to comment on anything technical or engineering related. And an interior home designer is so qualified to give an "expert" opinion on controlled demolition and skyscraper engineering. And yes, architects are so qualified to be able to understand all the significant technical nuances that they need to pass on to the engineers to make it work. Its one thing to design something, its another to build it. Would you like to have a veterinarian perform brain surgery on you?

Also, 1599 is nothing to be proud of, or consider "a lot", considering there are millions more that do not subscribe to this hilarity.

But I'll be serious for a moment. I would take A&E4T seriously if only they would completely remove their "list" of grievances regarding the collapses. I mean, have you actually looked at their list? Its laughable! Its so debunkable, its been done many times before. Everyone of them. I mean, wow, some their stuff is so amateurish, so, bs, I mean come on: pyroclastic-like clouds? Did you know they had for the longest time "pyroclastic clouds" as evidence of demolition? It wasnt until one of them had a few neurons backfire and sputter back to reality that they changed it to "pyroclastic-like". There is nothing "pyroclastic-like" about it. Other than DUST!!!!!

Or no "slow onset of collapse with visable deformation" for WTC7. Yeah, and the fact that FDNY stuck a surveyor transit on it was for what? S#!%s and giggles? Or when FDNY noticed a bulge forming on it, or a huge hole in it, or the fact it was leaning and tilting? Yeah, they are real professional there.
Too damn blinded by their sudden celebrity status, that they cannot even see anything that completely destroys their preconceived notions. But hey, my opinion is based on facts from your heroes at A&Efor9/11T.

I mean, seriously. These people are a joke. A sad, but funny, joke.

But as David Hannum once said, "There is a sucker born every minute."
edit on 9/23/2011 by GenRadek because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
reply to post by AwakeinNM

I've talked about building seven before in other threads. It was my first on my debunking list in fact. Anyways, beside hashing old stuff I'm just going to ask you this. What would be the point of demoing a empty building? What messaged did that send? Nobody got angry over building 7, cause no lives were lost. Its ignored by the Government and by the people, it was ignored by the firefighters and that why the fire went uncontrolled for 7 hours and brought down the building. There would be no reason to bring building 7 down. What did that possibly gain them?

Sorry, chief, building 7 was 99% intact and undamaged when it magically collapsed on itself. Fires for 7 hours? Go check your facts again.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
Denial would suggest you respond as you did. Now make sure you post again to get the last word.

Ahhh, I see! Never address any points that someone brings up. Just keep yelling "denial!" and you'll never have to face all the shortcomings that come with subscribing to implausible, unproven conspiracy theories.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Sorry, chief, building 7 was 99% intact and undamaged when it magically collapsed on itself. Fires for 7 hours? Go check your facts again.

Where did you pull those "facts" from? Seriously? Where?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

That's an outright lie.

www.911myths.com...

source

1% damaged, hah!

So you know, that link also includes the testimony of the firefighters about the damage they witnessed. Try to deny that!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

You're such a tool Radek.
Pretending to defend the indefensible....
It is a treatable condition, Radek.
Get help.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem

Get help.

We wouldn't be arguing if there wasn't anything to argue. I can name 20 people I know off the top of my head who have researched 9/11 and found it to not be this demolition theory.

Are they all shills and idiots?

Perhaps it is people such as yourself who need to take a chill pill and stop attacking people for their opinions on the matter.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Varemia

Name them.
Varemia, you are transparent.
I don't care who else knows....

I have to come back and add this little note as well, Varemia.
You fear me, and you should. Those, like you, that attempt to defend a lie have problems. Mental problems.
I will force you to look into the mirror and see yourself for what you are.

edit on 23-9-2011 by SirClem because: Shine some light on the insane

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

reply to post by Varemia

Name them.
Varemia, you are transparent.
I don't care who else knows....

I have to come back and add this little note as well, Varemia.
You fear me, and you should. Those, like you, that attempt to defend a lie have problems. Mental problems.
I will force you to look into the mirror and see yourself for what you are.

edit on 23-9-2011 by SirClem because: Shine some light on the insane

Are you serious, or is this a joke?

You seriously expect me to name people on an online forum whom I know in real life. Have I asked for your identity? Do I need to know how many of your friends believe in the conspiracy?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I think I count the number of actual "qualified" people on that list, on one hand. The rest,
are a joke.

It's not as if you were asked to drop off a note for someone. In cases such as this the messenger is part of the messege.
edit on 23-9-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Ah yes, because an electronics engineer is so qualified to comment on building demolition, metallurgy, skyscraper engineering. And a theologian is so qualified to comment on anything technical or engineering related. And an interior home designer is so qualified to give an "expert" opinion on controlled demolition and skyscraper engineering. And yes, architects are so qualified to be able to understand all the significant technical nuances that they need to pass on to the engineers to make it work. Its one thing to design something, its another to build it. Would you like to have a veterinarian perform brain surgery on you?

It is really ridiculous the way people pretend that simple sh# it complicated.

This compartmentalization of knowledge is silly. I wonder how many 7th and 8th graders have figured out for themselves that a skyscraper collapsing from the top down is a stupid idea?

The Empire State Building was designed in the 1920s. What kind of electronic computers did they have then? The transistor was not invented until 1947. The idea that electrical engineers can't under stand the physics of skyscrapers is hilariously silly. An electrical engineer probably would not know the welding techniques for connecting columns sections of different shapes but understanding that the strength of steel and therefore the weight of steel increasing down the building would be obvious. The conservation of momentum would be covered in physics 101 which is often just a repeat of high school physics for a lot of people.

The change in computers since the WTC was completed in 1973 is astounding. So this lack of simulations without accurate distribution of mass data is way beyond ridiculous. But who needs computers?

www.youtube.com...

psik

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Would you like to have a veterinarian perform brain surgery on you?

A veterinarian is much more educated in the medical field than an anonymous internet personality.

Also, 1599 is nothing to be proud of, or consider "a lot", considering there are millions more that do not subscribe to this hilarity.

Ah, yes. That particular statement continues to be one of the biggest pieces of misinformation that OS supporters like to peddle when all else fails.

If there are "millions more" that have publicly stated they agree with the official theory, then by all means, post a list of their names equal to or greater than the number of names posted at Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth, Scientists for 9/11 Truth, and Scholars for 9/11 Truth and Justice.

I've asked for that list before, but nobody ever posts it. Your claim is baseless and FALSE. You cannot count those who have not publicly voted one way or the other. That is deliberate misinformation on your part, and it also continues to further damage your credibility, not that you had any in the first place with the way you present yourself around here.

I won't have to worry, though, because you will never come close to 1600 people that have publicly voiced their support for the official conspiracy theory.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

You do realize this was put out by a group called Medical Professionals for 9/11 Truth. My brother told me about them Hes a real psychologist and licensed too unlike the person in the video. They have about 100 members considering the number of physicians in the country its all most laughable. Any way there was a seminar he attended and they were there rented a hall and he said like 3 people showed up. It was the running joke at the seminar. When i told him about this his response was hed be happy to council them because hes sure there having problems adjusting to the trauma.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr
My brother told me about them Hes a real psychologist and licensed too unlike the person in the video.

There's more than one "person" in the video. They have Masters and PhD degrees. I find it very disturbing and suspicious for you to claim that they are not "real", but yet your "brother" is.

Your post shows that you did not come here to be serious about this subject, and your attempts at ad-hominem attacks on these very well-educated individuals is noted. Thanks for stopping by.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
this thread is pointless. no medical credentials does not mean no medical knowledge. No degree does not mean stupidity. c'mon people, listen to the video, asses for yourself and if you are incapable of doing so at the moment at least learn how before you make an uneducated statement. I do not mean to put anyone down as I have seen so much of in this thread, but please stop denying truth with personal opinion or questioning motives as those can always be filled in to suit ones beliefs, and if they don't agree with your does not mean they are not true or partially false.

An example: JFK was shot (fact). Was there more than 1 shooter (up for debate with facts such as witness accounts etc). Why it was done (i.e. what did so and so have to gain from shooting him) can not fully be known for now but this does not change the fact JFK was shot not does it change the theory that there was 1 or more shooters. So go ahead and call roseanne bar fat, say ron paul is a few screws loose, but please please do not say someone is wrong based upon the credentials these people carry.

Another example is a high school drop out discovered a solution for hydrogen transport. Several CEOs are high school drop outs. Several serial killers, rapists and murderers were well educated. These credentials do not change the fact of what they have done or accomplished.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by impressme
We cannot have liberty without Truth.
It really amazes me that there are long time ATS members in here who still believe in the OS of 911. From my years of research on 911, people who do not believe in the evidences that 911 was an inside job eventually will when more of the US population begins to accept the fact that the government lied to us and are hiding the Truth. Those that cannot conceive the idea that a small fraction of powerful politicians in the Bush administration and Pentagon officials pulled off the greatest deception in the world, are completely in “denial” or do not want to know the truth, and discussing 911 with them is the same as having a discussion with a role of toilet paper.

"We cannot have liberty without Truth."

So all the propaganda dished out by the allies in both world wars was truth was it? All Germans were nazis? All Japs were of a lesser breed? All white english speeking people would go the same way as the jews?

Your opening statement is flawed so anything else you said is as well. Well it is even without your opening statement.

>> It doesn't necessarily mean that the argument; "We cannot have liberty without Truth" is flawed. If you think about it and look at our history -- it's that; "maybe we never HAD Liberty."

The problem with selling the American Dream to us all these years, is fantasy eventually becomes expectation.

What I realized after looking at 9/11 -- is that MOST every bit of history I THOUGHT I knew, had a deeper, larger and more nefarious history that few ever pay attention to. It's not like it is a hidden secret; we all just got comfortable thinking that Christopher Columbus was this great explorer and we didn't know the Pilgrims brought Yellow Fever or that Squanto's tribe was wiped out and he had escaped from Spanish Slavers.

So we got rid of SOME tyranny when the US kicked out the Brits in 1776 -- but we never got rid of ALL tyranny.

Maybe we are just waking up and saying; "enough of this crap." We aren't going to be spoon fed Patriotism anymore as our military is used to kill people so that BP can have a profitable quarter.

Hitler, was no worse than some leaders a hundred years earlier -- massacring everyone was a common tale in the Bible -- Hitler was just LATE. Society had started to live in some prosperity, and the mass of humanity was a bit less frightened and scared so they had higher standards.

Hitler was still evil -- but maybe that's the stuff that we ALWAYS had but should no longer tolerate. Recognizing that we conduct evil is the ONLY way we can be better people -- not pounding our chests and arresting anyone who reveals information to the contrary.

The Bush government probably did what the "Economic Royalists" have been doing for centuries -- and he is his kind is HISTORY. We have the internet now -- we have video. Without that, he would have gotten away with it.

But my kids are going to know the truth. They will know that Kennedy was assassinated as a conspiracy. They will know that Wars are usually fought to take money and power from the many and give it to the few -- it is almost always a con game or the result of a previous con game.

The people like Rumsfeld, Cheney and Bush are also evil -- just not as successful as Hitler -- but not for want of trying or their own conceit in being Gods chosen few.

The only way we don't get another Bush administration pulling false flags so that it can install a fascist regime in this country and demolish our middle class, is to recognize what happened and NEVER accept "state secret" excuses to "keep us safe." For every ONE state secret that MIGHT be used by an enemy, there are likely 100 more that are covering the ass of people who are more dangerous to us than any external threat.

Maybe there is no ENEMY and never has been -- I'm beginning to suspect that the pretend rivalry between Iran, China, the US and the rest is all about distraction. The governments and the wealthy elite are afraid of the public -- NOT the elite running the same scam in their land.
edit on 24-9-2011 by VitriolAndAngst because: grammar error

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

That's an outright lie.

www.911myths.com...

source

1% damaged, hah!

So you know, that link also includes the testimony of the firefighters about the damage they witnessed. Try to deny that!

99%, 94%, what the hell ever. My point is that it was not structurally unsound in any way shape or form. You see your own picture you posted? I count maybe 4 or 5 floors with minor fires. Out of 52.

Nitpicking numbers I pull out of my ass isn't going to prove that you're right, because you're not. Anyone with a brain in their head knows what happened.

Is that even building 7? It could be any number of buildings in that area for all you know.

edit on 24-9-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

Get help.

We wouldn't be arguing if there wasn't anything to argue. I can name 20 people I know off the top of my head who have researched 9/11 and found it to not be this demolition theory.

Are they all shills and idiots?

Perhaps it is people such as yourself who need to take a chill pill and stop attacking people for their opinions on the matter.

Yes, they are either shills or idiots.

Watch the video of building 7 over and over. Then watch videos of demolition jobs. It's the same thing. Stop believing your government because they are lying to you.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join