It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychologists explain why some people can't accept alternate conspiracy theories concerning 9/11.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+72 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
In the following video, several highly-educated psychologists explain why some people cling to the official conspiracy theory and won't accept alternate conspiracy theories concerning 9/11:

As we've always said, it comes down to denial, ignorance, and/or even trauma. People can't accept that lying politicians and corrupt government and military officials could ever possibly do such a thing as to carry out something like 9/11. Yet they drafted a similar operation in 1964 called "Operation Northwoods".

There will always be those that will never accept alternate conspiracy theories about anything, regardless of the amount of evidence that is presented.

These psychologists have very good advice and information for those that are in denial or are suffering from the trauma caused by 9/11.

edit on 21-9-2011 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Sep 25 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: per OP request, changed video

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I know, because either a) they are imbeciles, b) they live under a rock, c) they are gov't employees, or d) all of the above....

Nice video Bonez, you are an ATS 911 forum icon!

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
so because some people dont bite on everything that the truthers throw out........

There must be something wrong with them?

its tactics like this that cause so many problems for people trying to find out the truth

Wow man........just..........wow

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Did you even watch the video?

edit on 9/21/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggyproductions05

sure did.......and I think its pretty underhanded to tell people there is something wrong with them just because they might not agree on a certain viewpoint.......

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Physics is incapable of caring about psychology.

psikeyhackr.livejournal.com...

psikeyhackr.livejournal.com...

9/11 is a global psychological problem but the physics does not care. Not dealing with the physics means being out of touch with reality.

Neuro-Linguistic Programming? How is that different from General Semantics from the 1930s?

Economists ignoring the depreciation of automobiles for the last 60 years is a bigger deal than 9/11.

psik
edit on 21-9-2011 by psikeyhackr because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

sure did.......and I think its pretty underhanded to tell people there is something wrong with them just because they might not agree on a certain viewpoint.......

Took the words right out of my mouth man. I'm sorry, but I don't buy all the paranoid delusions about thermite and controlled demolition. What happened that day was horrible, and to my mind the only conspiracy I have ever believed in in regards to 9/11 is that the government knew that an attack was eminent and didn't react quick enough to stop it. But to say that there's something wrong with people who don't believe every youtube video that comes out about holographic planes is just dumb and shows that the truthers will do just about anything to be believed.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Great thread and great video! I wish there were more videos like this. Ten years is way too long without most people realizing the official story is a bunch of baloney.

+57 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Well thats odd, the OP made this post at 5:21 and you had your reply a mere 8 minutes later. Its not the fact that people dont believe 9/11 was an inside job, its the fact they dont even allow the idea to be a possibility or even bother to look at conflicting evidence.

Instead of analyzing the evidence it is tossed aside because people dont want to believe their government would do such a thing. its a vulnerable feeling thinking your government, who you are used to protecting you, may be involved in a plot that killed 3000 people and started a war that killed hundreds of thousands more. Your reaction is exactly what they talked about in this video.....

link   
** double post
edit on 9/21/11 by ziggyproductions05 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Rationality and intelligence are two separate things, you can be Intelligent and not be rational, a lot of intelligence around here, not much rationality.

+33 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG

Took the words right out of my mouth man. I'm sorry, but I don't buy all the paranoid delusions about thermite and controlled demolition. What happened that day was horrible, and to my mind the only conspiracy I have ever believed in in regards to 9/11 is that the government knew that an attack was eminent and didn't react quick enough to stop it. But to say that there's something wrong with people who don't believe every youtube video that comes out about holographic planes is just dumb and shows that the truthers will do just about anything to be believed.

Sorry to say, but you are one of the people that they are talking about in the video. They aren't trying to sway you one way or another, they are trying to get you to QUESTION things and look at evidence. Saying you don't buy the "paranoid delusions" about thermite and controlled demo is your mind putting up a wall and denying all of the evidence that points to just what you aren't buying, because if it were true, it would shatter your view of the world.

Nowhere in the video did they say anything about believing Youtube videos about holographic planes. They are trying to get you to challenge your world view that the government would never do something to hurt its citizens. They are pressing you to look at the evidence against the official story. 9/11 was just a single account out of dozens or even more instances where the US deliberately caused harm to itself for a variety of reasons.

A true patriot questions everything he is told, and seeks the TRUTH above all. Not what he wants to believe, but what IS.
edit on 9/21/11 by rydizz because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

so because some people dont bite on everything that the truthers throw out........ There must be something wrong with them? its tactics like this that cause so many problems for people trying to find out the truth Wow man........just..........wow

That's a nice way to take the entire video out of context. The video says nothing of the sort.

Grow up.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Well thats odd, the OP made this post at 5:21 and you had your reply a mere 8 minutes later. Its not the fact that people dont believe 9/11 was an inside job, its the fact they dont even allow the idea to be a possibility or even bother to look at conflicting evidence.

Instead of analyzing the evidence it is tossed aside because people dont want to believe their government would do such a thing. its a vulnerable feeling thinking your government, who you are used to protecting you, may be involved in a plot that killed 3000 people and started a war that killed hundreds of thousands more. Your reaction is exactly what they talked about in this video.....

How is that odd? ive seen the video before, its been used in other forums for the same purpose as this one.....

I dont care what the evidence is.......i dont care what the viewpoint is on either side.......

To tell someone there is something wrong with them because they dont agree with you is horrible......

Funny, same people hate the whole "Well if you dont believe what we believe then your a terrorist!", sure as hell will use the same tactic when it aids in their cause wont they........

Naa your not a terrorist, youre just not rational......

Whatever....
edit on 21-9-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Well, at least nobody's going to bitch about them not being experts.

But NEVER forget also; it's not that people don't know or can't know the truth, it's that they would rather see what they can benefit from the lie first. There are as many vile ones in the masses as there are vile ones in the elite rulers.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by KILL_DOGG

But to say that there's something wrong with people who don't believe every youtube video that comes out about holographic planes is just dumb and shows that the truthers will do just about anything to be believed.

Not all truthers believe the holographic planes b.s......

Show me in the vid where it says those who don't believe in holographic planes are in denial?

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

How is that odd? ive seen the video before, its been used in other forums for the same purpose as this one.....

Ok, my bad.

I dont care what the evidence is.......i dont care what the viewpoint is on either side.......

And thats the issue. Dont you see this is about evidence?

To tell someone there is something wrong with them because they dont agree with you is horrible......

Where are you getting that from?!? Its doesnt say that.

Funny, same people hate the whole "Well if you dont believe what we believe then your a terrorist!", sure as hell will use the same tactic when it aids in their cause wont they........

No one said that. Are you delusional?

Naa your not a terrorist, youre just not rational......

Whatever....

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KILL_DOGG
But to say that there's something wrong with people who don't believe every youtube video that comes out about holographic planes is just dumb and shows that the truthers will do just about anything to be believed.

Nice try there. I don't know if you stated the above to deliberately deceive others, or are ill-researched on the topic of 9/11, but most everyone knows that nowhere in the 9/11 truth movement are holograms or any of that other such nonsense accepted.

That's why I made this thread here:

DEW/Energy Weapons? Holograms? TV Fakery? No Planes at the WTC? -- A 9/11 Disinfo Campaign

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Do the "phycologists" in the video not think for one second the reason that we don't believe in this crap isn't because we cant accept these issues but rather that we have looked/studied the information and came to the conclusion that it was terrorists.

I've never seen anything that's convinced me otherwise, I've seen the video's, the threads, the media timing of the events etc...

I'm just waiting on the video titled "Psychologists explain why crazy conspiracy people can't accept facts concerning 9/11"

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

its the fact they dont even allow the idea to be a possibility or even bother to look at conflicting evidence.

Could say the same thing about the Truther movement.

www.scpr.org...

(listen to the Audio file, sociologist, psychologist, and theripst talk about why people believe in the 9/11 conspiracy)

There's a kind of decadence about all this: If 9/11 was really an inside job, you wouldn't be driving around with a bumper sticker bragging that you were on to it. Fantasy is a by-product of security: it's the difference between hanging upside down in your dominatrix's bondage parlor after work on Friday and enduring the real thing for years on end in Saddam's prisons. - Mark Steyn

And now a quick commercial break.

And were back

Who stands to profit?
A question much asked by 9-11 truthers, who point to gold allegedly being removed from the World Trade Center, investigative files being destroyed, a pretext for invading Iraq or declaring martial law, etc.

A few months ago I agreed to be on a truther talk show (I'll try almost anything once. Almost.) and the commercial breaks were a revelation. There were endless spiels for crank medical remedies and nutritional supplements, investment schemes that ranged from shady to crazy, newsletters for conspiracy cults, and wacko theories on how to avoid taxes. One former truther who became disillusioned said he would no longer help the movement sell T-shirts and DVD's. It's a lot more than just T-shirts and DVD's. Look at the Web sites, the newsletters, listen to the talk shows and look at who's bankrolling them and advertising on them. Truther sites are to conspiracy thinkers what televangelists are to lonely Christians: a place to send money to buy a feeling of participation and fulfillment.

Look, They only conspiracy I'm willing to entertain about 9/11 is that the Government funded the terrorist themselves and just let it happen.

The controlled demo theory is just over complicated and doesn't make any sense.

Suppose It Was A Conspiracy

What was the intent? If it was to bring down the Towers, why demolish from the top down? That's not how any other controlled demolitions are done. Why not strike low, maximizing the number of casualties and more fully galvanizing the country for war?

If the intent was to collapse only part of the Towers, keeping casualties limited but providing a pretext for war, then the total collapse was unanticipated. Or maybe the intent was simply to crash planes into the Towers and produce casualties but not cause building collapse at all. In either case, if the building collapses were unexpected, they happened through structural weakening and gravitational collapse and all the alleged "evidence" for sequential explosive charges and so on becomes worthless.

Why use planes at all? Why not simply stage a bigger and better remake of the 1993 attack? Why not claim the terrorists detonated a large truck load of explosives at the central core of the building, or smuggled explosives into the core? Instead of passenger planes, why not have the terrorists steal a FedEx or UPS cargo plane and fill it with explosives?

Why have a time gap between the plane crashes and building collapse, and why did the South Tower, which was hit later, fall first? That makes perfect sense in the conventional scenario, because the South Tower was hit lower and thus the load on the damaged structural members was greater. It makes no sense at all from the standpoint of a conspiracy.

Like all conspiracy theories, the 9-11 conspiracy idea suffers from the fatal flaw of having the conspirators engage in a complicated Rube Goldberg process to do something a rational person could do more effectively in a much simpler way.

www.uwgb.edu...

It takes months to get demo charges into a building that was checked daily by Bomb sniffer dogs, one of whom died in the attack.

Police K9 Sirius, Badge Number 17...a four-and-a-half-year old, ninety pound, easygoing, yellow Labrador Retriever...was an Explosive Detection Dog with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey Police Department. Sirius, along with his partner, Police Officer David Lim, were assigned to the World Trade Center in New York, where their primary duty was to check vehicles entering the Complex, clear unattended bags and sweep areas for VIP safety. Sirius, who began work at the World Trade Center on July 4, 2000, was the only police dog to perish during the attack on the Twin Towers.

www.novareinna.com...

Despite the evidence truthers don't want to give up the conspiracy, because it would be like giving up a way of life. Giving up belonging to a club of sorts.

edit on 9/21/2011 by Mcupobob because: Months not years sorry to over exggerate that

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join