It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 331
<< 328  329  330    332  333  334 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by xXxinfidelxXx

Thank you. I am honestly too tired to try to squeeze anymore of an argument out of my brain amongst all of the crap that is being thrown around here, as I actually work for a living, unlike most of the aggressors here. I give up, but feel free to keep carrying the torch here lol. You're doing a better job than I am.
Well I wouldn't say that, you do seem to know how to put people in there place, and they have been so rude and incredulous toward me that its sickening. I need to learn to not tuck my tail all the time.

Not sure that's wise given xXx...his last post wasn't a great example of "putting people in their place", unless you consider a serious T&C warning a "good way"

He also never bothered to post any evidence of his claims...and blatantly pulled a random figure out of his ass before making fun of people questioning his "logic".

But hey, you get to pick your own role models

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

I just have to ask, because someone brought this up. If you actually believe that we evolved from apes, why did we not adapt our language to that existing language? They don't speak our language and we don't speak there's. Ever wonder why that is? I'll give you an obvious clue, its because we did not evolve from them.

We share a common ancestor with apes, we didn't evolve from today's monkeys/apes.

And of course monkeys don't speek "our language" because as we evolved from our common ancestor, our speech centre in the brain and voice cords did too. Apes living today evolved differently.

So yes, I used to wonder why monkeys don't speak our language...until I passed basic high school biology where you learn how evolution explains how we can speak while apes can't.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

You're kidding, right? I explained at least half a dozen times how PHYSICALLY and BIOLOGICALLY people can't survive inside whales
That would be because your ignoring the main problem. Am I just suppose to take your word on this because your are the all know it all swammi, or are you talking out your @$$ again?

You're simply ignoring the answer...the same way you do every time something debunks your fantasy world beliefs
I'm not ignoring your answer, I'm questioning the validity.

As for other stuff that's wrong, I posted a link to over 50 things several times now...and once again, you simply ignore that too. You also ignore that that silly global flood didn't happen, or that the Genesis account is demonstrably wrong. But hey, who cares about facts, right?
And again with little to nothing to back up your words, what am I suppose to believe?

Your trying to tell me that after eons of years no one has ever figured out whats going on with the bible, but you have the answer, its a lie.

You claiming people used to live over 1,000 years is laughably wrong. THINK for crying out loud. What's your proof for saying they lived that long? DNA and fossils definitely don't back it up, and the bible is clearly not proof, just like the Koran isn't proof either
They don't have any identifiable reason to lie, so I don't know.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

I just have to ask, because someone brought this up. If you actually believe that we evolved from apes, why did we not adapt our language to that existing language? They don't speak our language and we don't speak there's. Ever wonder why that is? I'll give you an obvious clue, its because we did not evolve from them.

One last time. NOBODY HAS EVER SAID WE EVOLVED FROM APES. HUMANS AND APES SHARE A COMMON ANCESTOR.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

We share a common ancestor with apes, we didn't evolve from today's monkeys/apes.

And of course monkeys don't speek "our language" because as we evolved from our common ancestor, our speech centre in the brain and voice cords did too. Apes living today evolved differently.

So yes, I used to wonder why monkeys don't speak our language...until I passed basic high school biology where you learn how evolution explains how we can speak while apes can't.
That wasn't my point, my point to be clearer is that it would stand to reason that our language would have been an extension of that existing language, unless we already had one, which seems to be the case.

In terms of the whole common ancestor thing, it really looks like all that does is throw another lineage between us and apes, which does not change anything. Unless I'm not seeing this right. Are you trying to say that perhaps neanderthals where direct descendants of apes and our species bred with neanderthals? Cause if you are, then evolution is not explaining how we evolved.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

One last time. NOBODY HAS EVER SAID WE EVOLVED FROM APES. HUMANS AND APES SHARE A COMMON ANCESTOR
So all that means is we are not direct descendants from apes, there was other species between us. Either way, your still saying we evolved from apes.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

Tooth, you're making a fool out of yourself

That would be because your ignoring the main problem. Am I just suppose to take your word on this because your are the all know it all swammi, or are you talking out your @$$ again?

Do you expect me to travel to you, stuff you inside a whale, and submerge that whale in water???

Look, here are the FACTS:

1) The second the whale dives, you would die because the pressure within the whale's stomach isn't equalized. Anyone who scuba dives knows this!!

2) The only whale able to swallow a whole human is the blue whale...and his bone plates would crush you on the way to his air-free stomach.

3) Whales dive AT LEAST once a day because it's the only way they get their food. Once they dive, the pressure would kill you.

4) The stomach of whales doesn't contain air, because it would screw up their diving. You also couldn't get into his lungs (which would kill him anyway) because none of the "holes" leading their is big enough. So the only way to get inside a whale is into his stomach...without air...which means you'd die.

I can't believe we're still talking about this!! The above FACTS would make it clear to a child for crying out loud

And again with little to nothing to back up your words, what am I suppose to believe?

Your trying to tell me that after eons of years no one has ever figured out whats going on with the bible, but you have the answer, its a lie.

As I said, I posted the link showing what's wrong with the bible by QUOTING the bible. You simply ignore it. But just so you can't say "you don't back it up":

The bible is wrong when it comes to cosmology.

60 bible prophecies that are DEMONSTRABLY wrong.

431 cases of the bible being scientifically wrong.

So please, don't make us laugh by saying "there is no proof the bible is wrong" again

They don't have any identifiable reason to lie, so I don't know.

They also don't have a reason to speak the truth, just like today's fiction authors aren't required to speak the truth. Hell, like I proved above, in a TON of cases the bible is DEMONSTRABLY wrong...so clearly they weren't speaking the truth (either willingly or unwillingly).

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

One last time. NOBODY HAS EVER SAID WE EVOLVED FROM APES. HUMANS AND APES SHARE A COMMON ANCESTOR
So all that means is we are not direct descendants from apes, there was other species between us. Either way, your still saying we evolved from apes.

No! There was another species before both humans and apes. Here, maybe this will help you:

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

So did today's apes

And again, of course we didn't use the language of our ancestors because our speech cords are biologically different. They are different because we evolved from a common ancestor and branched out in 2 distinct subgroups. Evolution explains all this perfectly fine.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

So did today's apes

And again, of course we didn't use the language of our ancestors because our speech cords are biologically different. They are different because we evolved from a common ancestor and branched out in 2 distinct subgroups. Evolution explains all this perfectly fine.

And chimps, at least, have an analogous Wernicke's area and Brocha's area. I think this hearkens back to the discussion we had about a hundred pages ago on how different species communicate.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Another "fun" fact: If a blue whale somehow swallowed you, and you had air inside his stomach...your lungs would literally rupture on the way to the surface.

Given that blue whales dive pretty deep, it wouldn't be pretty. Not that he has to dive deep, 20-30m could be enough if he surfaces quickly enough.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Do you expect me to travel to you, stuff you inside a whale, and submerge that whale in water???

Look, here are the FACTS:

1) The second the whale dives, you would die because the pressure within the whale's stomach isn't equalized. Anyone who scuba dives knows this!!

2) The only whale able to swallow a whole human is the blue whale...and his bone plates would crush you on the way to his air-free stomach.

3) Whales dive AT LEAST once a day because it's the only way they get their food. Once they dive, the pressure would kill you.

4) The stomach of whales doesn't contain air, because it would screw up their diving. You also couldn't get into his lungs (which would kill him anyway) because none of the "holes" leading their is big enough. So the only way to get inside a whale is into his stomach...without air...which means you'd die.

I can't believe we're still talking about this!! The above FACTS would make it clear to a child for crying out loud
But still there are no examples to prove or disprove it.

So again, Your assuming, which I'm finding is something that a lot of people on here do.

As I said, I posted the link showing what's wrong with the bible by QUOTING the bible. You simply ignore it. But just so you can't say "you don't back it up":

The bible is wrong when it comes to cosmology.

60 bible prophecies that are DEMONSTRABLY wrong.

431 cases of the bible being scientifically wrong.

So please, don't make us laugh by saying "there is no proof the bible is wrong" again
Well like I said before, we are not privy to supernatural powers that were back then, so it is still possible that all of these happened, with help of course.

They also don't have a reason to speak the truth, just like today's fiction authors aren't required to speak the truth. Hell, like I proved above, in a TON of cases the bible is DEMONSTRABLY wrong...so clearly they weren't speaking the truth (either willingly or unwillingly).
Well its a scientific fact that most people tell the truth, and just for the record, there are a hell of a lot of people involved of putting it together so I doubt very seriously if they are ALL lying. Did it never occur to you that the odd events are the exact reason why they felt the need to document it.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I'm not getting what your trying to say with the pic. If humans were just a branch off another species, what species?

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

People are going to be laughing there @$$e$ off twenty million years from now when there will be no more proof of any branching off or any evolution at all.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I'm not getting what your trying to say with the pic. If humans were just a branch off another species, what species?

Can't you see where the Hominini (genus Homo (us) and genus Pan (chimps and bonobos)) broke off from the main branch? I can't believe that doesn't clarify it for you.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

But still there are no examples to prove or disprove it.

So again, Your assuming, which I'm finding is something that a lot of people on here do.

Stop being ridiculous

I just posted tons of points highlighting why it is IMPOSSIBLE to survive inside a whale. Those are facts! How about you prove your claim that people can survive inside whales?

1) How do you explain someone survives the pressure when the whale dives (as well as the pressure of his flesh?
2) How do you explain someone getting inside the stomach if there's only 1 whale large enough to swallow a whole human. And how do you explain him not getting crushed by the whale's bone plates on the way down?
3) How do you explain that human surviving WITHOUT AIR?

In short, is there anything but that fictional bible convincing you it happened? Any objective evidence at all? Or are you simply sticking with the "magic could have done it" answer?

Well like I said before, we are not privy to supernatural powers that were back then, so it is still possible that all of these happened, with help of course.

So in your twisted version of reality, ANYTHING is possible, even if there's no evidence or even evidence against it? Simply because of "magic"? You're kidding, right?

Well it's a scientific fact that most people tell the truth, and just for the record, there are a hell of a lot of people involved of putting it together so I doubt very seriously if they are ALL lying. Did it never occur to you that the odd events are the exact reason why they felt the need to document it.

Most people telling the truth (and what's your proof for that claim by the way?) doesn't automatically mean the bible is "truth". If it were, you could also say Harry Potter is "truth" because after all, most authors tell the truth.

And there's even some stuff in the bible that is correct, like certain (NOT all) historical references have been verified scientifically. Others have been completely debunked, like that silly global flood or the exodus of the Jews happening as told in the bible.

By the way, funny to see you dodge all the links highlighting the faults in the bible once again...ignorance at its best

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

People are going to be laughing there @$$e$ off twenty million years from now when there will be no more proof of any branching off or any evolution at all.

Oh, if you say so it must be true

You'd be credible if you (just once) bothered to back up your claims with objective evidence...sadly you don't, which doesn't help your credibility.

I mean, this quote above is a perfect example. You're essentially here to preach and voice your opinion. You don't care about facts or having a rational discussion, you just want to promote your alien intervention religion

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

You'd be credible if you (just once) bothered to back up your claims with objective evidence...sadly you don't, which doesn't help your credibility.
Actually I was going to say the same thing to you, your not backing up your claims with any real proof.

I mean, this quote above is a perfect example. You're essentially here to preach and voice your opinion. You don't care about facts or having a rational discussion, you just want to promote your alien intervention religion
Intervention is not a belief or a religion which just goes to show how incredulous you are. At least the main two people on here that profile me pay enough attention to know this.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Here is a claim I will back up.

Reading this link just proves more and more how evolution is a just an idea that has never become fact.

"in fact embraces a plurality of theories and hypotheses.."

and in another section...
"he theory specifically postulates that all of the earth's known biota are genealogically related,,"

www.talkorigins.org...

And all the paragraphs are like this. They are openly admitting that evolution is nothing more than an idea and you guys take it to the extreme and claim its real.

Speciation is another example.

It's only been witnessed in some aquatic life, viruses, bacteria and some fly's. but for some reason people have stretched this over to humans and all life abound. I can see that peoples imagination is just running away with them. I guess everyone has to have something to believe in.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Actually I was going to say the same thing to you, your not backing up your claims with any real proof.

Now you're just trolling because I posted proof just 2-3 posts above

Click the links I posted, they have all the objective evidence

(I reposted this, as you ignored those links the first dozen times too...)

Intervention is not a belief or a religion which just goes to show how incredulous you are. At least the main two people on here that profile me pay enough attention to know this.

For it to be anything but a religion you'd have to post objective evidence and proof...which you clearly haven't. You listed the bible and Pye's claims as "proof", when in reality, that's NOT objective evidence...just like Tolkien's books aren't proof of hobbits.

top topics

<< 328  329  330    332  333  334 >>

join