It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you prove evolution wrong

page: 329
<< 326  327  328    330  331  332 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsthetooth
reply to post by idmonster

In a steady state ecology, I agree with tooth that the time scales to get from "ape like" to Human appear to be to short. But during that time there have been near extinction events that have reduced the population numbers to mere handfuls of individuals, and thats a huge evolutionary presure to put on a species.
And see that doesn't jive with what they are saying about our mtDNA. They say they know we went thourgh a bottleneck period, but at the same time are saying they can tell that our population never dipped below tens of thousands.

Who are the "they"?

do you have a link regarding the mtDNA, and the population numbers. would be interested to read as this conflicts with my understanding

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXxinfidelxXx
Also, when you take into account that we have found human remains in Sri Lanka and India that have been as old as 15 million years, when meanwhile, supposedly we hadn't even evolved past the ape stage yet in the mainstream version of events. This is why I am so wary.

Please be kind enough and provide a source so we can verify 15 million year old human remains. What goes to your Ad hominen rant towards me, I stopped reading midway. I would just like to point out that unlike you, I live in a developed country. University level education is free here, in fact we are paid about 700 USD a month just because we choose to study.
edit on 28-3-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

THINK!!! (Especially before hitting "reply" when posting about some bat# crazy intervention theory you can't prove.)
edit on 28-3-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I do not expect people to accept it. As a matter of fact, I could really care less. It leads to a somewhat lonely life, but that is my burden to bear. What's it to you what my demeanor is? Odds are we will never meet and you can stop this conversation right now if you want by simply not responding. It's that simple. That's the main thing people don't get. It's okay if you don't like me or agree with me or whatever else your problem may be, but to take time out of your day to actually stop and argue with me about the way I am is the epitome of pointlessness. You didn't have to respond, you could have just said to yourself "Oh well don't worry about that, he's just an angry idiot venting", and moved on, but you didn't. You decided to argue the point with me. And yes, conceitedness = dishonesty, just at a lower level. Lying through omission is still lying in my book. If you think being fakely nice and smiling at everybody actually makes you a nice person....well, you know the rest, I'm sure there are some brain cells working on your end and you can put 2 and 2 together.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

Google is your friend. I am not. I am also too tired for this crap at this point so have at it. I'm done trying to educate the herd. Also, you must be another one of those idiots who confuses education with intelligence. You are mistaken. Also, point out that you are from a country that is privilaged enough to actually pay you to learn does not constitute an argument, it only makes you look like an overly-privilaged, holier than thou jack ss. I could have finished university, but I felt like the hollowing out of my soul had progressed far enough, and guess what: I have learned more in the short time since I left than I learned in the 16 combined years of schooling that I received. To hell with your so-loved "education" I happen to know quite a few university grads that are still jobless and cannot even add 20 and 90 without using a calculator, so your argument is as meaningless as they come. I swear, there has got to be something in the water. There's another word to describe your view of things, it's called fantasy. Have fun dealing with your delusions of grandeur.
edit on 28/3/2012 by xXxinfidelxXx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Maybe if you read the whole thing you might learn something. But then again...probably not.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Google is your friend. I am not. I am also too tired for this crap at this point so have at it. I'm done trying to educate the herd.

Google won't help him...because there are no homo sapiens fossils from 15m years ago

Those "years of research" you accomplished...did those include reading actual science literature? Or did you simply click on opinion blogs and forum posts?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

We have been through this already, your opinion is about as meaningless as they get.Some of us actually read books. Ya know...those big things made of paper with lots of letters in them. You may want to refamiliarize yourself with them. Keep your wannabe politico schtick to yourself. You might save your own life in the process one day.Also, the fact that you still think that this kind of scumbaggery will work on people shows how ignorant you are. Have fun in hell.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

reply to post by MrXYZ

We have been through this already, your opinion is about as meaningless as they get. Keep it to yourself. You might save your own life in the process one day.

No, we haven't been through this. You came here claiming there are human fossils that are 15m years old. When asked for proof, you simply referred to Google.

Well, if you google "15 million,human,fossil,skeleton" or any variety of it...NOTHING pops up!! The only thing that pops up is a research article talking about the earliest hominid fossil they found from around 3.6m years ago.

Now please, either put your money where your mouth is and provide proof of your claim...or live with the fact that it's hard to take you seriously, especially if you come here using a condescending tone and "buhuuuuu, you are all attacking me...I have all the right in the world to act like a douche" attitude

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Who are the "they"?

do you have a link regarding the mtDNA, and the population numbers. would be interested to read as this conflicts with my understanding

en.wikipedia.org...

mtDNA has been one of the backgrounds for everything I have been trying to present about intervention. See if your able to read between the lines. You will notice in this article they make it clear that we have mapped the entire genome, but they are omitting our true age. The only thing they are letting on about is how we have a common ancestor 200,000 years ago. They named this common ancestor Eve which also gave the misconception that she was in fact our FIRST Eve which is also false. They even let on to the fact that this find pretty much sets all religious ideas out of the picture, which adds more credibility to ideas like evolution. But then they turn around and state that we will need to look to more pioneering ideas to find out more.

In essence it would appear that they are hiding our true age, and from what I can tell it is possible that this is simply because our true age is older than earth, and that just woudln't sit well with most people. In addition it would make the scientists look like fools to publish it, and destroy there credibility as well. Lets face it, no one is going to accept that we were abducted by aliens and transplanted here, as possibly indicated in the bible. People just aren't ready for it, even if it is the truth. Look at the resistance I get on this thread about it. People laughing at me saying I must have had my anus probed, and that I fancy the whole idea of genocide to our species.

Keep in mind while your reading the Eve article that people are going to believe what they want to regardless of the facts. Do I have proof we were abducted, ya, in a way I do. I think the bible makes it pretty clear that it happened to us, provided it is talking about our species. We were taken advantage of, and genocide was used to punish and controll us. We are living out our term still to this day. With shortened lives from 1000 years down to 80, and way more than our fair share of genetic defects. These were punishments from god. All this time when we have been reading the bible, they were probably assumed nothing happened, or meant in a spiritual threat. It's neither, he came through on his word and we are living with them to this day. The 200,000 year old common ancestor proves that something is amiss with god supposedly creating us just 2,000 years ago. It also appears we have disabled powers as well, did you not read the article on ATS about telepathy with DR Michael Persinger? It's what I have been saying all along, we have disabled powers, and it even says so in the bible. How many and what they do is a mystery.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Hello there!

Looks like things are getting a bit heated in here. Please remember to debate the topic and not attack fellow members. Civility is required at all times while posting on ATS.

Thanks!

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by itsthetooth

Do I have proof we were abducted, ya, in a way I do. I think the bible makes it pretty clear

The bible isn't objective evidence...especially considering the FACT that it's demonstrably wrong in many cases.

But of course you already know that and simply chose to ignore that fact

With shortened lives from 1000 years down to 80,

Actually, our life span has been increasing dramatically over the years

(It also never was a 1000 years...)

The 200,000 year old common ancestor proves that something is amiss with god supposedly creating us just 2,000 years ago.

OMFG!!

1) Yes, there is something amiss because the bible's figure is demonstrably wrong.

2) Have you even read the bible??? It doesn't start 2,000 years ago for crying out loud. I'm an atheist, but even I know that!

In case you're wondering why the numbers don't add up...it's because the figure in the bible is complete and utter nonsense, as is the actual process.

Does that mean the bible is a bad book? Obviously not, billions of people read it (some more thoroughly than others it seems), so it is successful. What it does mean though is that you CAN'T use it as a scientific reference for anything but what people BELIEVED back then...which doesn't automatically match reality.

It also appears we have disabled powers as well, did you not read the article on ATS about telepathy with DR Michael Persinger? It's what I have been saying all along, we have disabled powers, and it even says so in the bible. How many and what they do is a mystery.

"Even the bible" isn't exactly a good argument

As for hidden powers, nothing has been proven. Persinger's "god helmet" (that's how he calls his device) hasn't been peer reviewed, and his results haven't been analyzed yet...which he admits. It is possible that the results are skewed because of the participants suggestibility...which he also admits. More research is required.

So pretending telepathy is real and proven is dishonest.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Simple enough. There's still monkeys.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The Bible also tells us that the world was created in six days, and fixes the epoch of this
creation at about 4000 years before the Christian era. Previously to that period the earth did
not exist. At that period it was produced out of nothing. Such is the formal declaration of the
sacred text, yet science, positive, inexorable steps in with proof to the contrary. The history of
the formation of the globe is written in indestructible characters in the worlds of fossils,
proving beyond the possibility of denial that the six lays of the creation arc successive
periods, each of which may have been of millions of ages.

This is not a mere matter of statement or of opinion. It is a fact as incontestably certain as is the motion of the earth, and one that theology itself can no longer refuse to admit, although this admission furnishes
another example of the errors into which we are led by attributing literal truth to language
which is often of a figurative nature.

Are we therefore to conclude that the Bible is a mere tissue of errors ? No; but we must admit that men have erred in their method of interpreting it.

www.allankardec.com...
edit on 28-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EdwynaGolden
Simple enough. There's still monkeys.

WIN!!

/end thread

I give up

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
The Bible also tells us that the world was created in six days, and fixes the epoch of this
creation at about 4000 years before the Christian era. Previously to that period the earth did
not exist. At that period it was produced out of nothing. Such is the formal declaration of the
sacred text, yet science, positive, inexorable steps in with proof to the contrary. The history of
the formation of the globe is written in indestructible characters in the worlds of fossils,
proving beyond the possibility of denial that the six lays of the creation arc successive
periods, each of which may have been of millions of ages.

This is not a mere matter of statement or of opinion. It is a fact as incontestably certain as is the motion of the earth, and one that theology itself can no longer refuse to admit, although this admission furnishes
another example of the errors into which we are led by attributing literal truth to language
which is often of a figurative nature.

Are we therefore to conclude that the Bible is a mere tissue of errors ? No; but we must admit that men have erred in their method of interpreting it.

www.allankardec.com...
edit on 28-3-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

So every other time they use the same word for "day" in the bible, it's somehow not that giant "million year epoche" used in Genesis? Comon', that makes no sense whatsoever!

The easiest explanation is that the people who wrote the bible didn't have the means and knowledge to figure out how life evolved...which makes PERFECT SENSE given what we know of people back then. So their "six days" figure is the same thing as us describing heros as "8 foot tall"...it's a myth, an exaggeration. They didn't have the answer, so the filled that gap in knowledge with magic. Typical god of the gaps, and it's been going on for thousands of years.

Thousands of years ago they attributed figure to god too because they couldn't explain it...or diseases, or plagues, or comets...

The "god did it" claim has a really horrible track record

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Google is your friend.

Google didn't say anything about 15 million year old human remain. This thread was the 4th link to "15 million year old human" query. That's odd. I thought that was the very reason why you found modern synthesis incorrect. Bad memory, or yet another creationist liar?
edit on 28-3-2012 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

If you found nothing, than try a different search engine until you do (google can be sporadic). It's that simple. If you think you can insult me from the get-go and then get me to provide you with the research that I have put my own time into, you are obviously a little bit confused. If you don't find what you're looking for at that point, than I guess there is no hope for you. Where you seem to misunderstand every time is that I did not come here, instigate and then complain, I came here, presented my version of it, was attacked, and thus, went on the counter-attack. Also a very simple and easy to understand premise, for those with a fully functioning brain. Maybe you should have someone explain that to you someday. When idiots like you counter with political jawboning and character assassination without even looking at the rest of my arguments, it may fly with the idiotic masses, but it does not fly with me. Seriously, stop wasting space in my reply box. You may be able to pull off something constructive in the time that you have saved by not bugging me. It's doubtful but anything's possible right?

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Ask a question you believe the bible or being spiritual cant answer and I will find the answer for you.

top topics

<< 326  327  328    330  331  332 >>

join