It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Prepared for Dead NASA Satellite's Plunge to Earth

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

FEMA Prepared for Dead NASA Satellite's Plunge to Earth

www.foxnews.com

With a massive dead NASA satellite due to plunge back to Earth this week, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) is laying the groundwork for a fast response in case the 6 1/2-ton spacecraft falls over American soil.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hmmm, Okay my first question is, what ever happen to us being able to shoot a sat down from a navy ship like we did the last time a sat threatened to fall?

Next question, WTH could it be that bad to require Fema? I mean arn't they only for major disasters? so if they are getting ready what does that mean?

Something their not telling us?

www.foxnews.com

and just for thought rods from gods
edit on 21-9-2011 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Hmmm, Okay my first question is, what ever happen to us being able to shoot a sat down from a navy ship like we did the last time a sat threatened to fall?

Next question, WTH could it be that bad to require Fema? I mean arn't they only for major disasters? so if they are getting ready what does that mean?

www.foxnews.com

I have a silly question...aren't usually held in orbit by some gravitational pull or draw? What happened? Did the gravitational pull out there fail? I am not sure of the physics, but aren't all objects in space that orbit, held in orbit?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

i wonder if it will crash into a nuclear plant or something like that
flood wall, dam
you catch my drift
wouldnt suprise me with the fuss they are making

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

www.foxnews.com

I have a silly question...aren't usually held in orbit by some gravitational pull or draw? What happened? Did the gravitational pull out there fail? I am not sure of the physics, but aren't all objects in space that orbit, held in orbit?

You have the grasp but its a bit turned Gravity will pull it to earth....its own power would hold it into orbit...It powered down so gravity wins the race...

and by the way if it lands in my front yard its going to the Gold and Silver Pawn Shop in Vegas..Lets see what Rick and the Old Man would give me for it
edit on 21-9-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Gravity is working just fine.
Hence the falling out the sky without any ability to counter the force of gravity.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

All satellites are slowly "falling" back to Earth.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

All satellites are slowly "falling" back to Earth.

Then maybe they should have not sent them there in the first place.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Is there a conspiracy theory on this falling satellite? maybe something to with UFO's? I keep seeing information about this satellite and people seeing something fishy with it, can someone clarify this for me?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hmm I wonder why Fox News always makes it sound like we are doomed?! Nothing I've read even suggests it will be close to the USA! Makes you wonder though, about all the reports of all that space junk still around earth now. How long before we are pelted by our own space debris?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zoggie
Is there a conspiracy theory on this falling satellite? maybe something to with UFO's? I keep seeing information about this satellite and people seeing something fishy with it, can someone clarify this for me?

read what i said further up
i think if there is a conspiracy this is probably the most logical

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Although it is not likely to hit anything, I think its just common sense that they are prepared for a worst case scenario. If they know its gonna fall(and they do) why not be prepared to deal with it? Your link explains the problems they had following the shuttle disaster and how they dont want a repeat of that.

Imagine the backlash if this think hit something and they were sitting on their hands. Especially with the knowledge that it was gonna happen and when it was gonna happen. I see no conspiracy here, just smart planning.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

The odds of it hitting something crucial are tiny, and if it was such a big threat we have the ability to blow it out of the sky, we have done it before.

Rods from Gods

A pair of satellites orbiting several hundred miles above the Earth would serve as a weapons system. One functions as the targeting and communications platform while the other carries numerous tungsten rods—up to 20 feet in length and a foot in diameter—that it can drop on targets with less than 15 minutes’ notice. When instructed from the ground, the targeting satellite commands its partner to drop one of its darts. The guided rods enter the atmosphere, protected by a thermal coating, traveling at 36,000 feet per second—comparable to the speed of a meteor.

If I was a paranoid sort, Id say this might be ... well you know.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Violetshy

I wonder why Fox News always makes it sound like we are doomed?!

That's FOX News's MO. Make sure that everything sounds dire, make sure that everything sounds like were all going to die, that way you stay glued to their channel.

I'm not particularly worried. Chances are good it's not going to hit land, it will probably crash in the ocean. We can only hope that it crashes into the NYSE.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I think FEMA wants to "prepare" for just about anything. Kitten caught in a tree..........roll in the troops!

I love FEMA and FEMA loves me.

Peace

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

reply to post by UniverSoul

The odds of it hitting something crucial are tiny, and if it was such a big threat we have the ability to blow it out of the sky, we have done it before.

Rods from Gods

A pair of satellites orbiting several hundred miles above the Earth would serve as a weapons system. One functions as the targeting and communications platform while the other carries numerous tungsten rods—up to 20 feet in length and a foot in diameter—that it can drop on targets with less than 15 minutes’ notice. When instructed from the ground, the targeting satellite commands its partner to drop one of its darts. The guided rods enter the atmosphere, protected by a thermal coating, traveling at 36,000 feet per second—comparable to the speed of a meteor.

If I was a paranoid sort, Id say this might be ... well you know.

yeah but im saying if they had control of it and wanted to cause a disaster
i know we can stop id like the op said. so the fact theyre letting it fall tells us something. either they know theres no chance of danger (which apparently the dont) or there is an agenda

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Skylab (which weighed about 100 tons) fell on Australia and it did sweet F.A.

This is a total over reaction to a 6 ton satellite!

IRM

edit on 21/9/11 by InfaRedMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Kitten caught in a tree..........roll in the troops!

haha this reminds me of southpark
edit on 21-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

yes but isn't Australia all wilderness and dingos or something?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I agree.....as it will be less than 1 ton following re-entry, which will burn most of it up....and the 1700# that are left will be in little pcs.....scattered.....

many, many satellites have returned to earth.....I think the odds are about the same as getting hit by a small meteor....possible?(yes)....likely?(no)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join