It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Prepared for Dead NASA Satellite's Plunge to Earth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mudjacker
reply to post by benrl

Although it is not likely to hit anything, I think its just common sense that they are prepared for a worst case scenario. If they know its gonna fall(and they do) why not be prepared to deal with it? Your link explains the problems they had following the shuttle disaster and how they dont want a repeat of that.

Imagine the backlash if this think hit something and they were sitting on their hands. Especially with the knowledge that it was gonna happen and when it was gonna happen. I see no conspiracy here, just smart planning.
I would expect someone who gets paid from the government to say this... Spoken like a good soldier!

It's too detailed to be "good planning" as you say. Government planning is generally very obtuse and openended (over funded too but that is another post).

A specific warning requires specific information. Based upon past practice, I'm sure they will keep the public in the dark until the very last minute.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mudjacker

Why not just shoot it down? we have done it before, as the wikicables proved we did it to show china we could, and have had this ability since the mid 80's so if there is back lash it should be the "why the hell didn't you shoot it" argument

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
reply to post by InfaRedMan

yes but isn't Australia all wilderness and dingos or something?

composed entirely of nothing but wilderness and dingo, end to end, as far as the eye can see.

i believe i read somewhere that it's falling because one of the solar panels is dead/dying
what confuses me
is that i thought we had the capability to track metal objects that we put in the sky
so surely we should have at least a decent idea where it will come down
and even if we don't
how much nationwide preparation does it take
to retrieve a satellite?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Did it occur to someone that it might have something inside that they want? Or maybe it isn´t a Sattelite,but a Weapon...i doubt they want to try to shoot down a Nuclear Weapons System in Space...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I guess, if they can, shooting it down does make sense. Or, for that matter, why dont they just install some kind of self destruct module on them so they blow up before any of this happens?

Looks like our safety is a little less important than the cost needed to protect us.....missiles and self destuct mods probably cost $....

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by redzareptile

Unless they are using the scenario to practise and prepare for any number of objects that could come out of space.
Sometimes it is not about the object itself, it is used as a preperatory situation.
Its cheaper that way.

Unless you want the government to pretend that we are not a TEENY TINY little planet in infinite space with any number of known or unknown objects being flung at us.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
FEMA is doing nothing in particular about the satellite.
Already posted.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

I challenge you to do the calculations about where it lands. Go ahead. Lemme know when you figure it out.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
The mention of Fema preparing sounds more to me that it has political implications. The Senate and House are discussing budget cuts to Fema as we speak. Of course they are going to create as many disaster scenarios as possible to increase their funding.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
i have some many problems with this. 1) Is small because it has to fit in the back of the space Shuttle.

2) what the hell would be left by the time it gets to us

3) this is not the first time this has happened

4) Please come up with a better lie!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
another scenario would be the satellite landing in a nation such as north korea and having political implications

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

I challenge you to do the calculations about where it lands. Go ahead. Lemme know when you figure it out.

i didn't say that i personally could, i wouldn't even know where to start. but since i can't put satellites in the sky myself either, i guess that evens out.
maybe if it was me that put it up there, i would have kept tabs on it.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura

composed entirely of nothing but wilderness and dingo, end to end, as far as the eye can see.

You're geographical knowledge is somewhat lacking. Let me guess... You aren't Australian?

IRM

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

lol stereotypes are fun

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by decepticonLaura

You're geographical knowledge is somewhat lacking. Let me guess... You aren't Australian?

IRM

surely it would be zoological knowledge if any you should think i'm lacking
in that i expressed a view concerning dingoes end to end across the land
and nothing to do with geography whatsoever

i had assumed the imagery surreal enough that my humorous intent should be obvious,
my bad.

WA kids represent.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well gee, that just makes me feel all warm and cozy. We all know how well FEMA helps. Wait a minute, didnt they already anounce they were broke and couldnt help anyone else?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

That was for the allocated funding for Irene.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by HelloJCneedsomehelp

It is expected to be 350 lbs when it hits on Friday. Not huge by anymeans but also not a baseball either.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Then you can see that these calculations, even with computers doing all the work, are tentative at best, as you have to consider the satellite orbit, the earth orbit, weather, and a hundred of other things that CANT be predicted. Which is why it is only whittled down to a hemisphere.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Now I'm scared, why does FEMA need to be prepared for something that will burn up in the atmosphere ? They're prepared for something else..........

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join