It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Prepared for Dead NASA Satellite's Plunge to Earth

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
watching the news a few minutes ago

said it was going to land either on the eastern coast or the middle east

dont have to say of the ramifications of landing in the middle east

but we cant shoot down a satellite no way they can ever shoot down a elin asteriod.

fema prepared is a joke they were prepared for katrina

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
watching the news a few minutes ago

said it was going to land either on the eastern coast or the middle east

dont have to say of the ramifications of landing in the middle east

but we cant shoot down a satellite no way they can ever shoot down a elin asteriod.

fema prepared is a joke they were prepared for katrina

Why would FEMA be preparing for it if it might hit the middle east? The east coast I could see that, but the middle east? And what kind of satellite is it? Is it telecommunications,I mean for telephone or tv cable?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by WarminIndy

All satellites are slowly "falling" back to Earth.

Then maybe they should have not sent them there in the first place.

Now that's silly. Because they eventually fall we should not send them up? Don't buy a car it will eventually break down. Don't eat, you know where that's going.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

they "dont know for sure where its going to hit"

thats why i just repeated what the news said they also said they could narrow down the date

so there it is nasa those rocket scientists cant tell when or where its going to hit

you make the call

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zoggie

We live on a water planet. Everything's fishy here!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

FEMA isn't preparing for it. It is SOP for the Air Force to notify FEMA of a possible re-entry in the US.
That's it.
That's all this whole FEMA brouhaha is about.

Duncan told SPACE.com during a Sept. 9 teleconference that his organization will notify FEMA "as part of our chain of command notifications for re-entries over North America."

www.foxnews.com...

There is no indication that FEMA is doing anything or will do anything even if the debris does hit somewhere in the US. Local first responders would be perfectly capable of handling it.

edit on 9/21/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
FEMA is doing nothing in particular about the satellite.
Already posted.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
it's official....
This thread has been "Phaged".

Maybe they are using the satellite as a cover story for something else? Would you think that even FEMA is more heavily scrutinized about how it spends it's budget these days? I doubt that any government agency has a blank check to go chasing windmills.

Being the pratical thinking level headed type person that you appear to be from your posts. I need to know what your is your field of expertese?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Already posted.

The Fox News article dated today says FEMA is laying groundwork in case it lands on US soil.

Unless you think laying groundwork for a possible disaster is nothing...

The thread you posted is from yesterday, this thread's information was gathered today.
edit on 21-9-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

It's the same regurgitated information but will this make you happy?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
What is all the fuss about? Satellites fall to earth from time to time, thanks to Newton (he must be NWO). Some are re-positioned away from Earthy when they reach the end of their life.

when they fall to earth the vast majority break up, disintigrate and burn off. It has happened before many times.

However, from time to time some large pieces do hit the earth so it would be prudent for emergency services to be behave like good boy scouts and be prepared. What would happen if a large piece did do some damage, caused a death, nobody did anything preventative and "ATS" found out. Jesus H I can hear the howls now "NWO, TPTB, End of the World, NASA lies, blah blah blah".........oh that is the cat cries anyway. Looks like FEMA is damned if it does damned if it does not.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
In the article it says: ".....it comes to a chance of 1 in 3,200 that one person anywhere in the world might be struck by a piece of debris."

I am just hoping that the satellite will land in one of earth's oceans. The above odds that someone may be struck by debris...doesn't sound good to me.

I just want us all to be safe.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Three clarifications:

1) If the satellite hits in my neighborhood, it will do less damage than if the giant ancient oak tree outside of my bedroom window falls in a storm. This is hardly a FEMA disaster response situation.

2) We CAN shoot down satellites. Have done so. But, this object has no hazardous materials, so it is being treated just like a meteorite-- doing exactly what needs to be done, which happens to be... NOTHING.

3) The only way that the 1 in 3,200 probability of a single person being killed could be true is if the surface of the planet is covered by human flesh at that ratio. No way.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
At least the nuclear power stations should raise their shields. If it hits one of them... lethal radiation clouds for us to enjoy.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Update #7
Wed, 21 Sep 2011 12:35:54 PM GMT-1000

As of 1:30 p.m. EDT Sept. 21, 2011, the orbit of UARS was 120 mi by 130 mi (190 km by 205 km). Re-entry is expected sometime during the afternoon of Sept. 23, Eastern Daylight Time. The satellite will not be passing over North America during that time period. It is still too early to predict the time and location of re-entry with any more certainty, but predictions will become more refined in the next 24 to 48 hours.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
What about Elenin, i read it is very small in size (volume) compared to earth & sun, but i am afraid that mass is not depending only on size or volume but also density, anybody have a further info please

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
read title as

FEMA Prepared for Dead- NASA Satellite's Plunge

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Which death camps is FEMA preparing??

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

It's a good question. There is a process -- called "Orbital Decay," by which a satellite gradually "falls" out of orbit, through drag on the upper atmosphere. This area of potential drag is up to 100 Kilometers or so "higher" (away from earth) during a solar minma. How cool is that?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo

Already posted.

The Fox News article dated today says FEMA is laying groundwork in case it lands on US soil.

Unless you think laying groundwork for a possible disaster is nothing...

The satellite is 6.5 ton FFS... Could you exaggerate the ramifications of it's re-entry any more than you already have? Some of you guys have a flair for the dramatic!

Drama Queens!

IRM

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Tomorrow several near earth objects, ie asteroids, are due to pass very very close as reported by Nasa. What if they are not passing but smacking.

How would our government deal with the news?
They couldn't tell us. The public would freak out and hide. To government, It is much worse to create anarchy than it is to lose thousands of people. So, Nasa comes up with the satellite story to provide a cover for meteorite impact.

I find it interesting that an uncontrolled asteroid can be predicted to hit within an accuracy of about a minute, but Nasa can't determine where their satellite will land. BS. They know and since they know, if people die, it is FIRST DEGREE MURDER. It's no different than shooting into a crowd of people.

If it's an asteroid, it's an act of God. Watch the story change.
edit on 22-9-2011 by consciousgod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join