It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geo-engineering trial follows in US slipstream

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Geo-engineering trial follows in US slipstream

www.ft.com

the UK may be conducting a trial to test the feasibility of eventually injecting particulate matter into the atmosphere to cool terrestrial temperatures, but the US has been in full swing at it for nearly a decade. Dozens of aerospace, defence and technical companies like ours have been advising into the initiative for many yearshe US has been in full swing at it for nearly a decade.

In 1997, Edward Teller co-authored a white paper, “Prospects for physics-based modulation of global change”, where he advocated the large-scale introduction of metal particulates into the upper atmosphere to apply an effective “sun screen”.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Geoengineering Trials Get Under Way
edit on 20-9-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
This comes on the heels of the announcement that
Geoengineering trials have begun in the UK.

Throughout the continental US, dozens of tanker and other aircraft are daily applying thousands of gallons of aerosol nano-particulates that serve several objectives, including the purported ability to reflect UV radiation. Similar operations are being conducted in Canada and parts of Europe

Thats some pretty heavy duty information.

The write up is by Matthew Andersson, of Indigo Airlines...
which was founded by aviation veteran and University of Chicago graduate Matt Andersson; business executive and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University alumnus John N. Fenton and McKinsey consultant and MIT PhD Tom Svrcek.

en.wikipedia.org...

Edward Tellers paper: Prospects For Physics-based Modulation Of Global Change
Can Be Found Here:

www.osti.gov.../611779-4sYVNl/webviewable/

Osti.Gov Bridge

And a second paper by Teller here:

www.geoengineeringwatch.org...

Further mentions of Tellers research here:
www.etcgroup.org...

And the concept of the Space Shade can be found here, on Wikipedia
en.wikipedia.org...

Let the conversation begin.

www.ft.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 20-9-2011 by burntheships because: format, links

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I, honestly, don't think this will have much of an effect on our climate.

However, it still seems a bit unwise. I can't tell you, in maintenance, how much time is spent fixing problems created by people who were just smart enough to be dangerous but not smart enough to know what they were doing.

So, when we have the "Snowpocalypse: redux" this year, can I blame these geo-engineering attempts? I mean... I enjoy several feet of snow as much as everyone else around here does - but it kind of reminds me of the arguments for a 'surprise ice-age' that is even immortalized in a FarSide cartoon.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Holllllly poop!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you post more of the original article? You have to subscribe... (looks free) to see the actual article.

Wow.

Link to geoengineering trail already underway (proof of concept) with man made volcano.
Link to Nobel Prize winning scientist refuting global warming.

All in all... not a pretty picture to those who have been "debunking."

Great job!

Oh, and another thread, this one from me with some top shelf Geoengineering links.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Yeah, can't read FT.com. I suppose it was an interesting article.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Very much the whistleblower then, this Matthew Andersson,
President of Indigo Aerospace Inc.

To think that there are many companies that consult to
various governmental alphabet agencies here in the U.S. in addition
to his, is mind boggling.

Lets see, I imagine that would be at least a few of these agencies involved!

downloads.globalchange.gov...
edit on 13-4-2011 by burntheships because: foggy glass

And from your post in another thread...

Originally posted by pianopraze

CFR symposium:

1. Add small reflecting particles in the stratosphere.
2. Add more clouds in the lower part of the atmosphere.
3. Place various kinds of reflecting objects or diffraction gratings in space either near the earth or at a stable location between the earth and the sun.
4. Change large portions of the planet's land cover from things that are dark and absorbing, such as trees, to things that are light and reflecting, such as open snow-cover or grasses.

1. Stratospheric aerosols
Adding more of the right kind of fine particles to the stratosphere can increase the amount of sunlight that is reflected back into space. This is not hard to do, nor all that expensive. David Keith has suggested that it should be possible to create microscopic reflecting composite particles that would be self- orienting and self-levitating, and thus might not have to be replaced very frequently. Sources: NASA; Boeing; www.carlstumpf.com A single nation could do these within it's national boundaries

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/373711cc2b32.png[/atsimg]

The cost of geoengineering
As noted in the briefing paper: A National Research Council 1992 report estimated the undiscounted annual costs for a 40-year project to be $100 billion.
Teller, Wood and Hyde have suggested that well designed systems might reduce this cost to as little as a few hundred million dollars per year.
If we take cost to be between $100 million and $100 billion per year

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So it seems they took Tellers research, and ran with it.

See page 129, of this National Aeronautics and Space Administration,
Langley Research Center Report back from the year 2000.

The report was published by (AER) Atmospheric and Environmental Research Inc,
Cambridge Mass.

Coupling Processes Between Atmospheric Chemistry and Climate

www.aer.com...

Atmospheric and Environmental Research scientists and engineers help governments and businesses solve the world’s biggest climate issues. We prepare agencies like NOAA, NASA and the Department of Defense

(its labeled page 105 in the report)

The actual report can be found here:
ntrs.nasa.gov...

This is the final report for NAS5-97039 for work performed between December 1996 and November 1999. The
overall objective of this project is to improve the understanding of coupling processes among atmospheric chemistry, aerosol and climate, all important for quantitative assessments of global change. Among our priority are changes in ozone and stratospheric sulfate aerosol, with emphasis on how ozone in the lower stratosphere would respond to natural or anthropogenic changes.

The work emphasizes two important aspects:
(1) AER's continued participation in preparation of, and providing scientific input for, various scientific reports connected with assessment of stratospheric ozone and climate. These include participation in various model intercomparison exercises as well as preparation of national and international reports.

(2) Continued development of the AER three-wave interactive model to address how the transport circulation will change as ozone and the thermal properties of the atmosphere change, and assess how these new findings will affect our confidence in the ozone assessment results.

This is truely outrageous! Wait until the public gets wind of this!
edit on 20-9-2011 by burntheships because: format, links

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
I, honestly, don't think this will have much of an effect on our climate.

However, it still seems a bit unwise. I can't tell you, in maintenance, how much time is spent fixing problems created by people who were just smart enough to be dangerous but not smart enough to know what they were doing.

So, when we have the "Snowpocalypse: redux" this year, can I blame these geo-engineering attempts? I mean... I enjoy several feet of snow as much as everyone else around here does - but it kind of reminds me of the arguments for a 'surprise ice-age' that is even immortalized in a FarSide cartoon.

Enjoy the snow, just dont eat it!

I find it interesting, as pointed out to me by a fellow ATS member,
Teller also talked about an Ice Age possibility.

And I dont know about the effect on the climate, I sure hope what they have done
is not irrepairable. I think the effect on our health is the real danger.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Yummy sludge from the sky.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Oh, those mysterious letters to the editor. Captured, just in case.

edit on 8-2-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
This still won't be enough to convince ProudBird (et al) there really is something going on up there... because by his own admission he has his "head in the clouds"

Can't see the forest for the trees.

Good stuff btw S/F

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Ty,
He is already a believer ...

On an unrelated note...
Compartmentalization is an unconscious psychological defense mechanism
used to avoid cognitive dissonance...

edit on 8-2-2012 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I think it will work!

Now i hope it works. It's hard to believe Edward Teller just sat down and thought this up.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I was a skeptic, but I'm becoming more convinced!

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Good job, burntheships!

"But, there's no evidence that they're doing geo-engineering right now" my arse!

They're going to ruin this beautiful Earth and upset everything much worse than it already is. Fools!!!
From 2009:
www.agu.org...

Anthropogenic stratospheric aerosol injection would cool the planet, stop the melting of sea ice and land-based glaciers, slow sea level rise, and increase the terrestrial carbon sink, but produce regional drought, ozone depletion, less sunlight for solar power, and make skies less blue. Furthermore it would hamper Earth-based optical astronomy, do nothing to stop ocean acidification, and present many ethical and moral issues. Further work is needed to quantify many of these factors to allow informed decision-making.

The truth is coming out that they've already been indulging in this technology. They are simply pretending that nothing is going on because they don't have any honest answers and their egos won't allow them to admit that they don't have any idea what they're doing.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT

Good news: i have a gut feeling they actually know what they are doing.

It's just technology.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

It's just technology.

Hitler knew what he was doing. I'm just sayin...

Messing with the atmosphere on such a large scale can't be good.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

It's just technology.

"It's just technology."
That's what they say about nuclear power and look at Japan now.
"Don't worry! Everything's fine! Nothing to see here!"

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

It's just technology.

Just base it on the ripple effects of their actions.

If we have just a few blizzards and a great bumper crop this year then give them

a gold star. If everything is a mess then they get a rotten egg.

Lets just watch what happens.

I predict a wonderful success.

posted on Feb, 8 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

They know what they are doing, and they know its not good!
But being who they are, they cant help it!.

And money, greed, power and control at the center of the wrongdoing.

They have done so much they have hidden from the public.

www.aero.org...

Caldeira and physicist David Keith of the University of Calgary in Canada have been in charge of deciding how to dispense the money. The pair have been informal energy and climate advisers to Gates for several years, and they say they remain independent. "This is philanthropic money and when it arrives [to Calgary] Gates does not control it," says Keith.

Recipients of the funding include Armand Neukermans, an inventor based in Silicon Valley who is working with colleagues to design spray systems for the marine clouds, and students and scientists working for Keith and Caldeira. Funding has also helped support scientific meetings in geoengineering in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and Edinburgh, Scotland, and aeronautics research related to altering the stratosphere.

There are other grantees, Keith says, but he declined to identify them or say why. "This is like a little private funding agency," he says, though he says they plan to release more information. news.sciencemag.org...

Isnt that cute, "our little private funding agency"

news.sciencemag.org...

www.nature.com...

Krutzans papers

www.springerlink.com...

Scence Magazine Geoengineering disscussion forum

www.sciencemag.org...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join