It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer charged with rape and kidnapping to get 1 year house arrest?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I never said any "blanket statement" that all cops are corrupt, I am not "to

This post was part of a special Halloween Homage to Orson Wells.
Jumping out from behind the server and shouting BOO!
lazy" to do anything about things, and I never claimed to be a victim. Wow..you are really starting to sound like a cop. Well since you started with the insults I'll refrain from them, I'm secure enough in myself to not have to insult someone to make a point.

Well now that you have used the word "we" in 2 of your posts it is apparant that you are in law enforcement and that would help explain your complete lack of any ability to see things from the perspective of civilians.

Why do you feel the need to snip my quotes so that they are not used in their entirity? I said that cops have everything to do with it when they are corrupt and break the laws that they are meant to enforce, but you didn't want to use the whole post huh?

As to your sovereign immunity issue, it only applies for you or any other public/elected official during the performance of your duties that are consitent with your duties as prescribed by law. The USSC has upheld this ruling in many cases and as soon as I can get Lexisone to load I will be more than happy to provide cases for you.

The problem with most of the tyranny enforcement officers in this nation is that they get on an adrinaline rush and power trip because they have a little bit of power. I have seen many of my local officers at our local gun range and the way they act is actually comical in most cases. That is why I opted to go into diving after my short stint in LE after leaving the Navy.

I am on no "high horse" as you put it, I am just aware of the wrongs in our nation and it p*sses me off when those wrongs are done by law enforcement and they get away with it or get an extremely light sentence. I worked for 6 months in a south Fl sherrif's office when I got out of the Navy and wanted to go into SWAT because of my Navy training I received. However after seeing the wrongs that were commited against citizens in the form of illegal searches, made up probable cause, and the general arrogance of my fellow officers I realized that for the most part I would be surrounded by a better class of people by going into the private sector.

As far as my anger that you mentioned, well that must be part of your "elite police training" that gives you the ability to perceive someones thoughts and feelings via the internet.

Honestly, half of you clowns running around playing cops are a complete joke that think because you have a badge and gun you are Dirty Harry or John McClain. The truth is that if ever faced with a truly armed attacker most of them would be scared crapless. Hell I was and had far more advanced training than any police force member ever sees.

Police brutalize citizens, scream and yell at them, curse at them, and incinuate that people are criminals all the time. I do not "hate" cops, my great grandfather was Pat Garrett US Marshal and Texas Ranger. My grandfather was a Lt. in the Texas Rangers and my father was a local sherrif. I just hate the corrupt cops that think they are immune from the law.

I had an officer throw my 12 yo old son to the gropund causing bruises and a fractured arm for riding his skateboard at my mothers flower store (on private property) and when I came out and asked what was going on I was told by the cop to mind my own f**king business. When I told the cop that was my son he told me to go back inside. I went back inside and called 911 and told them they were about to have an injured officer and gave them the address. I walked outside again and this time he threatened to tase me, that didn't set to well with me and I told him to f off. Long story short, he tried to put his hands on me and I put him on the ground and secured him until the officers I called arrived.

They took me to jail and my son to the hospital, they also took my mother to jail for walking outside of her store and trying to explain what happened. In the end all charges were dropped against me and my mother, and my son was never charged. The officer involved received a nice 8 week paid vacation followed by relief of his duty. I pushed the state attorney to pursue charges against the officer for battery on my son since the court found that the officer was on private property without probable cause and had ruled that I acted within my rights to defend my child.

You come across just as that cop did with your "make yourself a victim" comments and "too lazy". It's people such as yourself that add to the disrespect that people have for LEO's in this nation. Most of you act as if you are better than the citizenry just because you have a job that requires you to take orders.

Hell I received the Navy Distinguished Service Medal, the Navy Expeditionary Medal, 2 Purple Hearts and an Honorable Discharge with commendations from the Navy Experimental Diving Unit, but I don't walk around with a chip on my shoulder. The difference between people like you and me is I served the country, you serve the tyrants

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

The reason I snipped your comments is because of the new restriction on post length, not because I dont want what you said to be visible.

I am in Law Enforcement, and pointing that yout by you reinforces what im talking about. You find out im a cop and the attitude changes and shifts into an us vs cops mentality.

I dont condone this officers actions in any sense of the imgaination. When cops do stupid stuff like this it makes us all look bad, even more so when people refuse to acknowldge that when we screw up it makes the news, when we do our job, it never does. The only time people see news about Police, is when our actions are called into question.

Funny how the media, as well as users on these forums, are quick to judge a situation, yet fail to go back and finish the story / update it when when new evidence or a not guilty plea comes out.

My argument in this thread, as well as most that are along the smae lines, are to point out how it works, not to spin for the cops. The fact that this is ignored is yet more evidence people are only going to see what they want, regardless of whats put in front of them.

If you dont want to take my word for it thats fine - however I provide enough info that people can easily check the law libraries / court rulings etc to confirm what im saying.

My intent is to educate and open eyes... nothing more.

By the way, on the off chance you are wondering, your personal experience and rant above with the clown comments with law enforcement is exactly what I am talking about. When you decide to stop being hypocritcal, let me know and and I will be more than happy to continue the discussion. By the way... Pot, meet kettle.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

And in true facist fashion you expect me to "open your eyes" to your point of view.

Yeah....okay.

ETA:

If you dont want to take my word for it thats fine - however I provide enough info that people can easily check the law libraries / court rulings etc to confirm what im saying

I don't need to take your word for it, like I said I come from a long line of law enforcement officers and have a sister that's a DA and am well aquainted with using the Lexis one case search engine.

My intent is to educate and open eyes... nothing more.

My eyes are open, I think you just don't like what I see.

By the way, on the off chance you are wondering, your personal experience and rant above with the clown comments with law enforcement is exactly what I am talking about

I have absolutely no clue what your point here is. But no, I really could care less what you think.

TextWhen you decide to stop being hypocritcal, let me know and and I will be more than happy to continue the discussion. By the way... Pot, meet kettle.

Please explain to me where I have been hypocritical. I'm not the one doing all I can to defend a rapist and defend the corruption of our laws.

It's like a well known criminal defense attorney friend of mine here in central Fl says all the time. He says the problem with cops today is they go through a criminal science degree and get a "cliff notes" version of statutory law and think they are the next F.Lee Bailey, when in reality they are very ignorant of the law as a whole.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

And in true facist fashion you expect me to "open your eyes" to your point of view.

Yeah....okay.

Not at all.. I, along with others in this thread, are well aware of what your position / opinion is of law enforcement, which is based on perosnal experiences you ve had that werent good.

Its called not being able to see the trees while standing in the middle of the forest.

People complain about Law Enforcement on a dialy basis, and it goes with the job. Because of what we do, the complaints are way above most other professions. We have people who call, demanding we take actions against someone who didnt break the law. When we dont, they complain and say we arent listening / too lazy to do our job / etc etc etc.

This is why I constantly point out that the law, how is enforced and the wording are completely different than what peoples opinion is on how it should work. When people dont get there way, they attack the system, instead of trying to learn about the system and make changes by applying pressure to those who ARE authorized to make changes - The Legislature.

What laws are unconstitutional?

In what way are they unconstitutional?

Which constitution does the law violate?

Please, open my eyes to your issue.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Quite frankly I have better things to do than give you a crash course on constitutionality of laws. They have schools for that and I can tell by your degree of brainwashing that it would be near impossible to do.

ETA:

Not at all.. I, along with others in this thread, are well aware of what your position / opinion is of law enforcement, which is based on perosnal experiences you ve had that werent good.

And again you fail to see the fact that every one of my ancestors for the last 3 generations were in high positions of law enforcement. I'll say it one last time so maybe you will get it through your thick head, I am not against law enforcement only corrupt law enforcement. You are the kind of no-it-all assumptious cops that I would have a problem with if you pulled me over and started with your condencending attitude. My father and grandfather were well loved and respected by the community they served. You know why that is? It was because they treatedpeople with respect and didn't resort to incinuations and assumptions as you have repeatedly done when replying to you.

LOL....Assuming again are we? Well I had one run in with LEO that wasn't very good, and it turned out to be not good for him. He's lucky all he got was a dislocated shoulder. Had I been anywhere else he would have gotten way worse.

The only other experience I had that was really negative was when the cops showed up at my address one time for a domestic call and wouldn't leave until they walked through my home and talked to my wife. Turns out they should have been at the house across the street from me, I guess in all there training they skipped the "how to find the right address" course.

The only reason that turned out bad was that they saw an AR15 tactical, an M14 Tactical Sniper, and a Mini 14 leaning against the foryer wall and when they went into the living room they saw an M24 and an M40 on the wall both with Leupold scopes, bull barrels, and bipods as well as an FN Fal OSW and 2 IMBEL MD-97 assault rifles in the gun case.

At that point they tried to handcuff me "for their safety" until they could talk to my wife alone at which point she told them what a bunch of dumb_sses they were. Even when they finally realized all was well they wanted to see my permits for the guns and asked why I felt the need to have them, to which I replied the 2nd amendment and the fact that I was a headhunter in the Navy.

I have a spotless record, even my arrest for the Battery on LEO was cleared from my record once the judge was made aware of my military service and awards. So basically you have again shown me that you are prone to assumptions that tend to disparage a person based on partial facts. Typical.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Quite frankly I have better things to do than give you a crash course on constitutionality of laws. They have schools for that and I can tell by your degree of brainwashing that it would be near impossible to do.

Again, thank you for proving my point.

Always nice when others make your argument for you....

If you ever find the time to support your claim of illegal laws, feel free to come back and support the claims with... whats that word... oh yeah - proof.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

My MC in training used to say something to all us "squids", "you can't fix stupid" and sometimes I run across people that really prove that point. No names mentioned.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

It's like a well known criminal defense attorney friend of mine here in central Fl says all the time. He says the problem with cops today is they go through a criminal science degree and get a "cliff notes" version of statutory law and think they are the next F.Lee Bailey, when in reality they are very ignorant of the law as a whole.

I wonder how many federal laws,or even State Laws the average citizen breaks? Federal Criminal Laws,50 volumes,23000 pages,and you expect an officer to know all of them ? Hell,lawyers,academics,judges dont even know. But yeah,Police should know them,along with the guilty who are perpetrating them,right?

Many Failed Efforts to Count Nation's Federal Criminal Laws

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Local law enforcement / State law enforcement does not enforce federal law. We arent empowered to enforce it, and federal Law enforcement doesnt enforce local laws.

Hence the reason for joint task force and what not.

In Missouir the counterfeiting law at the State level is actually more sever than the Federal, so a lot fo time they allow the locals to prosecute.

If we could enforce federal law we wouldnt have to waste our time contacting ICE when we come across an illegal.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

My MC in training used to say something to all us "squids", "you can't fix stupid" and sometimes I run across people that really prove that point. No names mentioned.

Your right, you cant fix stupid.

However you can correct ignorance before it becomes stupid.

no names mentioned....

Again, feel free to point out a few laws that are unconstitutional and why you see it that way.

Why do you feel the officer in this thread received special treatment?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I hear you.My point was how can anyone think an officer is going to know every state law,or even federal law,when Judges,Lawyers,and the average joe doesnt? Just seemed funny to bring up "Cliff Notes",when the very people Judging criminals use them ALL the time!!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Well apparently Xcathdra thinks he/she does

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I didnt read where he says he knows every law.

Quote:

What laws are unconstitutional?

In what way are they unconstitutional?

Which constitution does the law violate?

Seems hes asking the right questions,and is saying if we want laws changed,"we the people" have to do the changing.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I hear you.My point was how can anyone think an officer is going to know every state law,or even federal law,when Judges,Lawyers,and the average joe doesnt? Just seemed funny to bring up "Cliff Notes",when the very people Judging criminals use them ALL the time!!

thats a vlid question... The first city I worked for was smaller, so we didnt have MDT's in the car right away. I carried around a blue book (all the state laws). In addition to that I had phone numbers for fellow officers from various jurisdictions with varrying degrees of experience.

In addition to that the Prosecuting Attorneys for one county (cuty fell into 3) gave us not only their after hours work cells, but their personal home numbers. If we ever had a question, we could call them for legal advice on how to proceed.

When the MDT's were installed, we had access to all local and state laws at a glance with the ability to search by key words.

Worst case scenario, based on the information the officer has, if they ffel a crime was committed then they are acting on good faith by making the arrest. It is then up to the PA to decline the charge. It doesnt make it a false arrest, since that requires intent.

You bring up an intresting point though - How do people decide if the officers actions were illegal when those people dont know what laws were broke?

Personal opinions do not make something criminal.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Well apparently Xcathdra thinks he/she does

Not at all.. Ive admitted ive been wrong before, and I have no issues backing up my positions with facts / sources. Whats the point in making claims if you cant support it?
How can a person make a claim when they don't even know the law and how it works?
How can a person make an argument about equality while advocating reduced rights for the police with harsher punishments?

You claim I act like I know it all, yet you dont back up the claim.
You say laws are unconstitutional yet dont back up the claim.

I see a repeating pattern....

Please, by all means, prove me wrong.

Exaplin why you feel this officer is getting preferential treatment, and please support that position with facts.

You stated you were in the military and saw combat so I ask you this:

If you are on patrol, and a person you dont know is walking at you, not in military uniform, and is carrying an automatic rifle and wearing what looks like a suicide vest, what would you do?

My guess is you will engage that person and end the threat -

What law gives you the right to do that and why?

If you are involved in a fire fight, and during that fire fight civilians in the wrong place and wrong time are caught in a crossfire, and hit by your shots, what happens?

By the very nature of your job requirement, engaging hostile forces, there are laws in place in the UCMJ that protect your actions.

If a civilian were to do that, they could be charged, and if we look at blackwater, they were.

So there are laws that protect military personell from punishment, where as if a civilian did it they could be charged.

At what point would you like to admit that exceptions to the law in order to tackle a very narrow and unique situation are not only relveant, but needed?

How is that not preferential treatment?
how is it not hypocrisy?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

First Diver,thanks for putting your life in danger for our country. That being said,do you know how many ex-military are police officers? Do you know how many have went on to become Presidents,Judges,elected officials?

"Police brutalize citizens, scream and yell at them, curse at them, and insinuate that people are criminals all the time."

Same could be said for the Military,right? Just playing Devils advocate.

Hell I received the Navy Distinguished Service Medal, the Navy Expeditionary Medal, 2 Purple Hearts and an Honorable Discharge with commendations from the Navy Experimental Diving Unit, but I don't walk around with a chip on my shoulder. The difference between people like you and me is I served the country, you serve the tyrants

Again,there are many on ATS that believe there is NO difference in who you are serving.

Look,I know that there are bad apples everywhere,but I think changing the laws that govern our LEO;s should be fixed,not just a generalization,lump into one category syndrome. We need to fix the "loopholes" that let someone who commits a crime,gets off lightly. Heck,we could free half our Prisons if we changed some of the current laws. I wont use the "D" word,but there are many in jail,facing years,for being caught with "D's",I find those laws hypocritical at best.

edit on 20-9-2011 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

You are an extremely defensive person and its sad. YOU turned this into a attack against cops. I guess I need to repeat myself, this thread is about RAPE, and someone getting a minor sentence for it when people who commit minor crimes can receive outrageous sentences. Whether the man was a cop or not any one who commits rape should receive many years in prison and if ever released need to register as a sex offender. The fact that this man is a cop only adds insult to injury.
Whats sad, is that there is a handful of cops here on ATS that I have a great deal of respect for, but people like you give cops a bad name.

Now, perhaps we can actually get on topic and discus the sentence for rape.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Look,I know that there are bad apples everywhere,but I think changing the laws that govern our LEO;s should be fixed,not just a generalization,lump into one category syndrome. We need to fix the "loopholes" that let someone who commits a crime,gets off lightly. Heck,we could free half our Prisons if we changed some of the current laws. I wont use the "D" word,but there are many in jail,facing years,for being caught with "D's",I find those laws hypocritical at best.

Exactly. Rape is a violent crime. Its is somethign that will be with the victim forever. There other that you mention is a non violent crime, no victim crime. While I don't approve of people engaging in such activities,(under certain circumstances) should they be punished when the only person they are hurting is themselves.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

This guy is a complete scum bag.Period. He soiled his Uniform,and painted a bad light on his fellow LEO's. He "loop-holed" out of a severe sentence. Thats "we the peoples" problem though. We shouldn't say ALL LEO's are bad. I have family that are officers. I used to be quick to categorize them all into one group. I still am judgmental at times,when I hear cases involving brutality. Thats human too. We cant be a nation of Finger pointers,cause there is always three pointing back at you. Thats the problem we face today.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
You are an extremely defensive person and its sad. YOU turned this into a attack against cops. I guess I need to repeat myself, this thread is about RAPE,

Ok.....

This thread is not about rape, is about the failing in a law based on the ways its worded. The cop was charged and found guilty of lewd solicitation and assault, not Rape.

As much as that irritates people, it is what it is.

The next step would be to change the law to correct the error, which means people from that neck of the woods will need to participate in the process to get it changed.

Secondly, I didnt make this about cops, nor am I becoming defensive. What I am doing is providing information that people who arent in law enforcement or a lawyer dont generally understand.

Ive already said I dont agree with the cop, his actions or the fact its a lesser charge. Ive also gone on to say the law needs to be fixed.

I've addressed the problem...
Ive provided information people dont have...
I've offered solutions...

What have you done?

What is your specific issue with the incident?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join