It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer charged with rape and kidnapping to get 1 year house arrest?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

My issue is that someone can commit a crime like this and walk away with a light sentence.

Yes you did mention all those things, but it is hard to to pay attention to the solution when you come across the way you have. the solution gets lost in the tone of the post, so it becomes counter productive. I am sure that wasn't your intention. From the get go you have attacked and made false accusations of my intentions of this thread.
You clearly see things from a more legal stand point, where I see it from the view point who has experiences with rape, walking in on it, being the one to call 911. I sat with her with her through the law enforcement interrogation, while necessary, is also extremely traumatic. I held her hand through the rape kit, which to her was worse than the rape itself, and watched the man walk away with a slap on the wrist. This happens all the time. It's wonderful to have someone bring in different view points to a thread, but again, it got lost in everything else.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
My issue is that someone can commit a crime like this and walk away with a light sentence.

He didnt though. He was found guilty of assault and lewd solicitation. His punishment for those charges is the punishmnet he received This is one of the more difficult concepts to understand by people not familiar with this particlur area.

People wanting to know why someone is not charged for a crime, when the actions of that person dont meet the element required.

Not trying to sound snotty here, just pointing it out.

Yes you did mention all those things, but it is hard to to pay attention to the solution when you come across the way you have. the solution gets lost in the tone of the post, so it becomes counter productive. I am sure that wasn't your intention.

No its not my intention, and I appologize for coming across in that manner.

From the get go you have attacked and made false accusations of my intentions of this thread.

Because I felt the OP cherry picked information. As an example your title of the thread is misleading, because he did not receive the 1 year / probation sentence for rape and kidnapping.

The actual article is titled

Plea deal in sex assault carries 1-year sentence; loophole may allow home detention for former officer

What conclusion am I suppose to come to when the title of the thread is not the same as the article? To me it appeared to push a certain agenda towards law enforcemeent...

What purpose is there to create a thread title like that?

You clearly see things from a more legal stand point, where I see it from the view point who has experiences with rape, walking in on it, being the one to call 911. I sat with her with her through the law enforcement interrogation, while necessary, is also extremely traumatic. I held her hand through the rape kit, which to her was worse than the rape itself, and watched the man walk away with a slap on the wrist. This happens all the time. It's wonderful to have someone bring in different view points to a thread, but again, it got lost in everything else.

Again my appologies...

I do view it through a legal standpoint, which is also how the judge / jury and PA / Defense attorney view it also. Our legal system is by no means perfect, and as humans we all make mistakes. My main point is people seem to spend a lot of effort into talking about how evil cops are. If that same effort and passion were focused, it should be used to push for change, not posting it here playing point counterpoint.

Im not if you have kids or not, but say you did. You are running errands for a few hours. When you get home you find your wife and daughter dead.

Do you think its a good idea to allow that father to determine that person guilt or innocence? Since he is so close to the crime, he wont be able to remain impartial.

Its one of the reasons ive been debating the law and how it works, and not the officers actions.

Again my appologies if my posts come across blunt / arrogant / defensive. As I said its not my intention...
edit on 21-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Ok people,
I have been listening to everyone in regards to their opinion on how to make change in the world we live in.
Obviously like most things everyone is different, but I believe we can use this to our advantage.
Please take the time to read this plan.. (Obviously it is open to suggestions but let’s not stray from the point and try not to get angry at each other because I’m sure they would prefer us fighting ourselves not them)

Firstly I think we need to agree on something. Can we not agree that our current system of government, authority and control is not working for the good of the people? We know that things are not heading for a good place, and eventually people are going to be broke with our current system of an economy.

Peaceful protest like the one we have seen in time square in not far of the mark, and i assume the majority of our freedom fighters are going to be doing this and they are helping make up the voice.
We need to camp out in the centre of as many cities as possible around the world.
If we can get a few thousand people in each city this can easily work.

Violence will only be tolerated if it is used on the freedom fighters first. The authorities have just as much right to use it as you do.

The main part of this exercise is to stop people buying products, paying taxes and supporting big business.
By doing this we can chop the economic head of the rich people that are enslaving us.
But we have to expect when we don’t pay taxes the government is going to try and stop us, so it is important that we have at least 1000 people in each city who are willing to fight and die if it is in self defence.
Remember just because the government says so doesn’t give authority the right to do anything to you.
The government is just a criminal organisation that has stood for a long time (so it seems normal), has more money and more people.
But reality is we can start our own government because we have even more people. One that seeks to treat everyone equal and this cannot happen when we live in a class system divided by money.

Food would be taken from shops if needed but hopefully we can get the support of farmers (another group of people being screwed by the system in place) who will bring supplies to keep freedom fighters alive. It would also be helpful to have people growing their own food in the city and everyone would need to help feed others, not just themselves

Weapons are not to much of an issue. Many people own guns but effective weapons can be easily made if people work together. Remember keep it simple:
-bows and arrows, cheap and effective.
-smoke bombs can be easily made.
-spears
-rocks
-Molotov cocktails
-small bombs (grenades)
-armour can be made from hard metals and used like in ancient times..huddle together and work as a group so some can hold the armour and others can attack
-pepper spray can be made from hot chillies and alcohol in a simple spray bottle
-swords and knives obviously
-we could easily get horses (although I don’t condone using animals it is a possibility)
-tazers can be easily made from batteries
But remember its not the weapon its the way you use it. And if we have the numbers we can damn well do it with a stick!

The point of this revolution is simple
1. Stop funding and supporting the economy, cut it off and watch the rich people fall to our demands. Remember money is worthless is we the people don’t use it. We can easily work together and provide for ourselves.
2. Defend if needed. Violence is not the answer but if they intent to use it then we must to. Nothing will happen unless we can stand up for ourselves.
3. Bring in a new system of society where people work together in small communities. Providing for themselves and helping others.

People I understand that some of you think that violence is not the answer. But in our situation it is used on us everyday, and it is the way tptb choose to enforce their system of society. Violence is not part of this plan unless it is used on us first. The main part of this plan is to band together and stop funding the economy that has kept us down for too long.
I ask you not to post any deconstructive comments such as ‘violence is not going to work’ unless you have a better solution. I’m not saying its right but I am saying it is most likely necessary if we are to stand up for our rights. Because we will see that if this happens, they will most likely try and stop us violently.
Why support a system that Is willing to violently stop its own people from expressing their disgust over the obvious problems in our society.
That is not a government, that is not a proper system. That is hate and control.

“Poverty is the parents of revolution and crime.” – Aristotle
“Violence is the weapon of weak, non-violence that of the strong. “- Mahatma Gandhi….. We can fight the good fight, but the powers that be will violently seek to stop us. If they use violence, then we have no choice but to defend our non violent message.

WE NEED TO S

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join