It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a Bodhisattva Anything

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by InvaderSkich

My liberation happened on December 21 2010. The lunar eclipse on the winter solstice. It got me wondering if maybe something astrological was involved and that led me to the Mayan Calender which led me here.

I'm not Buddhist either. But I admire Buddha. I called myself a Bodhisattva because that's what I am, someone who is liberated and desires to see others achieve the same thing. And starting a thread saying "Ask an enlightened being anything." is even more egoic then saying ask a Bodhisattva anything.. =)
edit on 20-9-2011 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl

Originally posted by Doublemint

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by caledonia

Enlightenment is when all lies are seen through. There can be no more confusion, only clarity is. All illusion and delusion are obvious. Enlightenment is when one sees and knows what one is.
It is not for the faint hearted though, because 'you' have to die to be enlightened.

Not true.
We are already born enlightened. It's in our very nature. It's just that some of us forgot...

But can you rember dieing? If not then you must die to experince it and how can you be enlightened and not have experinced everything.

There is no such thing.

Then what happend to my grandparents? why are they still not walking around and living life?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

thank you for the enlightening answer another me

nothing i will seek
nothing i will find

i will seek nothing
i will find nothing

it does work both ways

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sam_inc

Sam?? =)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

I like Tolle's "The secret to life is to die before you die, and see that there is no death."

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

You were almost there

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I don't mean to be flippant or make-light of your wisdom and intuition, but
I do have a query you may be able to assist with.

Is my skirt too short?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91110db7d772.jpg[/atsimg]

Many thanks and peace.
edit on 20-9-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

My analogy would be this. All is One. Lets say all is a human body. Your body is one right? But your body is also a collection of cells. So it is also many. You are part of the whole which is one. Like fingers on a hand.

What you had before is Solipsism which philosophically is the only thing we can ever be sure of. I AM. And ultimately that is the only thing that is real. I AM

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Glad to have got all the way through these pages and feeling content that you're genuine. I laughed when I read your first post and thought here we go again, but you seem straight up. Congrats if it really happened and nice one with offering to help people. I'm having a few problems myself at the moment after meditating on and off for years so might message you later with a couple of quick questions if that's ok.

You do actually seem like a Bodhisattva, cool stuff.

And yeah the MMO analogy is something I've had too. You're the char but that char is made of the same pixels and lines of code as every other char, and also everything else in the game. There's something really significant in that, especially if you see it as all is consciousness/mind, etc.
edit on 20-9-2011 by robhines because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Moe Drama

I believe it is. And I believe only by experiencing the divine can humanity move forward. Spiritual teachers don't bring much new to the table, much like someone who teaches math. Truth is truth. I think where religious institutions have failed us is that they become less about the mystical experience of communion with the One and more about vain ritual and repetition. Because once you experience it, you know it. And once you know it you live it.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

What the hell is a Bodhisattva? I always thought it was some weird California surfer saying like you see on Point Break. And what makes you more enlightened than everyone else and how do you know you are more enlightened than everyone else? Seems a little egotistical to make that claim and ego doesn't play a role in enlightenment.

Oh wait a second. You're not going to relate religion to enlightenment are you? Cuz, that's a load of donkey doo doo.
edit on 20-9-2011 by ElGatoLoco0698 because: the edit occurred because the previous edit of edited materials did not contain the edit that needed to be edited to the final edit.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElGatoLoco0698

What the hell is a Bodhisattva? I always thought it was some weird California surfer saying like you see on Point Break. And what makes you more enlightened than everyone else and how do you know you are more enlightened than everyone else? Seems a little egotistical to make that claim and ego doesn't play a role in enlightenment.

Oh wait a second. You're not going to relate religion to enlightenment are you? Cuz, that's a load of donkey doo doo.
edit on 20-9-2011 by ElGatoLoco0698 because: the edit occurred because the previous edit of edited materials did not contain the edit that needed to be edited to the final edit.

It's someone who repeatedly comes back to earth life after life to help people. And no he's not into religion I don't think, if you read the thread you'll see that he doesn't think he's Buddhist, he just had an awakening experience.

If he's familiar with Bodhisattva stages I'd guess he's reached the 1st Bhumi or something, but not too sure on that type of thing.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Honestly because I go around with a smile on my face and being friendly to people I rarely get treated poorly. But when i do I remind myself that people often treat others poorly because of their own unhappiness. It makes me question why/if that person is unhappy and it helps me to feel compassionate for them.

I'm not perfect so if someone is rude to me I'll often have an emotional response, but I'm conscious of it so I don't act on it. I can then foster compassion for that person. Rather than responding to their rudeness with the same energy.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElGatoLoco0698

Statements like this show two things.

Lack of understanding.
    Lack of desire to do so.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

Yeah I stopped eating meat. I eat it now occasionally if It's raised and slaughtered ethically or was wild ie. fish. But I've definitely cut down on my meat intake. As well as alcohol. Honestly if it were up to me I probably wouldn't drink or eat meat that I didn't catch myself, but my wife likes to have meat every couple weeks and she likes to drink and not alone so I do indulge with her.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by Student X

Yeah I stopped eating meat. I eat it now occasionally if It's raised and slaughtered ethically or was wild ie. fish. But I've definitely cut down on my meat intake. As well as alcohol. Honestly if it were up to me I probably wouldn't drink or eat meat that I didn't catch myself, but my wife likes to have meat every couple weeks and she likes to drink and not alone so I do indulge with her.

Yeah my diet changed too.

Did you see a shadow figure that day or shortly after?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Weird, was just thinking about the shadow figure too. Was wondering if he had them bugging him before he woke up, then saw them quickly do one once he had his experience. Wouldn't be surprised if so...

link   
reply to post by Realtruth

I feel like I can, it's just far more difficult. I feel like my attachment to my family will hinder my progress, not stagnate it.

link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
I am, someone who is liberated and desires to see others achieve the same thing.

You are liberated from what?

You also claimed you became "enlightened". About what?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

Your skirt looks great to me... Your hair is a mess though... =)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join