It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a Bodhisattva Anything

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
First of all I want to give a little background information and then explain my reason for posting here.

On December 21 of 2010 I became enlightened. I will go into details if anyone is curious, but this post is more about my desire to help others to enlighten themselves. After my experience I began scouring the internet for information in an attempt to incorporate the experience into my life, and to try and piece together what happened to me.

After nearly nine months I feel like I have a good grasp of enlightenment, both what it is and what it isn't, and I'm hopeful that I can help others who have the same questions as I did.

Enlightenment is there for anyone who seeks it. It isn't reserved for a select few, and YOU can achieve it if you desire it.

Any Questions?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098On December 21 of 2010 I became enlightened.

What a coincidence!

I will go into details if anyone is curious

I am curious because I want to see if your details match mine in any way.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
First of all I want to give a little background information and then explain my reason for posting here.

On December 21 of 2010 I became enlightened. I will go into details if anyone is curious, but this post is more about my desire to help others to enlighten themselves. After my experience I began scouring the internet for information in an attempt to incorporate the experience into my life, and to try and piece together what happened to me.

After nearly nine months I feel like I have a good grasp of enlightenment, both what it is and what it isn't, and I'm hopeful that I can help others who have the same questions as I did.

Enlightenment is there for anyone who seeks it. It isn't reserved for a select few, and YOU can achieve it if you desire it.

Any Questions?

What is Elenin, really?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
How can I make some additional money?
I'm an artist in my spare time, and it costs money to make art.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

So....Mr Bodhi-Sattva

Can you tell us anything firm (i.e. hard facts) from a future-view about what actually will happen to planet Earth (aka Terra) in 2012 and 2013 and 2014 especially to the landmasses within the US and...dare I say it...the US economy??

Were the Maya on to anything with their 13th Baktun Expiratioin date (22 Dec 2012)?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

May Peace be upon you.

What is the benefit or harm to light incense, give offerings, and recite prayers/requests to statues or the spirits of Gautama Buddha and historic/mythological Bodhisattvas?

How can one stay focused and overcome laziness, stagnation, and procrastination?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Please share your experience of enlightenment. How it happend, what happened?

Details, please please

edit on 19-9-2011 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

I had been exploring unity consciousness for a couple months. Everything is me, was my mantra. I began to treat people better and I let go of resentment or anger for my enemies.

On the solstice I thought "If everything is me then all animals are me too, the spiders and ants i stepped on and the chickens and cows I ate were me. I should treat all creation as if it were me." Instantly I felt and energy inside of my body and a smile crossed my face. I thought "My existence causes suffering, the only way to ensure I didn't cause suffering was to cease to exist." At that point I felt and overwhelming sense that I could "come home" I decided I wanted to and the room I was in had light begin to shine through it. Things went from opaque to transparent until I bluish white light was all I could see or perceive. I was laughing hysterically and what I felt was indescribable, but the closest word would be love.

I decided to come back because I thought I could help others by relating my experience. At which point the light faded and I was back in my body but completely changed.

How about your experience?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by OnionChanneler

As far as I know... a comet... I'm a bodhisattva not an astronomer. =)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by pirhanna

My question would be why you want additional money in the first place, but my answer would be A) get a higher paying job or B)Sell more art.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

I cannot predict the future... I don't have magical powers either.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Can you enlighten us about your age range, you don't have to give your real age just age range.

BTW I am very glad you have achieved what takes decades and a life time for others to achieve.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Hello.
Do you find it funny that people assume enlightenment is equivalent to knowing all things.
I am genuinely curious, I personally believe that enlightenment is revelation of the self to yourself and any questions pertaining to any subject by anyone else are irrelevant. I hope to enlighten myself, (literally shed weight of materialism) every day.
What have you learned about yourself?
Are you hoping to learn from this thread?
PM me if its too personal to discuss here,
but you did put it out on a public forum !

edit on 19-9-2011 by HumansEh because: the usual

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
For anybody that wants to know this is the definition of Bodhisattva.

Term for the historical Buddha Gautama prior to his enlightenment as well as for other individuals destined to become buddhas. In Mahayana Buddhism the bodhisattva postpones attainment of nirvana in order to alleviate the suffering of others. The ideal supplanted the Theravada Buddhist ideals of the arhat and the self-enlightened buddha, which Mahayana deemed selfish. The number of bodhisattvas is theoretically limitless, and the title has been applied to great scholars, teachers, and Buddhist kings. Celestial bodhisattvas (e.g., Avalokitesvara) are considered manifestations of the eternal Buddha and serve as savior figures and objects of personal devotion, especially in East Asia.

www.answers.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I didn't light incense or pray to Buddha or any Bodhisattva's. I'm not saying they aren't valuable practices, but I didn't need to perform them to achieve enlightenment.

Stagnation, Laziness and procrastination all stem from the desire to serve one's own needs before the needs of others. Cultivate a spirit of service in your life, once you are genuinely fulfilled by the happiness of others you will become excited by service.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I'm 32.

Thank you for your kind words.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Thank you for answering my second question. My first question was not directed toward you personally, I am asking the benefits and/or harm for any person to light incense, give offering, and pray/request to statues or spirit of Gautama Buddha and Bodhisattvas.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
On the solstice I thought "If everything is me then all animals are me too, the spiders and ants i stepped on and the chickens and cows I ate were me. I should treat all creation as if it were me." Instantly I felt and energy inside of my body and a smile crossed my face. I thought "My existence causes suffering, the only way to ensure I didn't cause suffering was to cease to exist."

Namaste and thank you so very much!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

As far as I know... a comet... I'm a bodhisattva not an astronomer. =)

If nothing else, you are certainly wise.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Thanks, for sharing, I hope you stay in the right path and become a master.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join