It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a Bodhisattva Anything

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnD

right on bro!!

steely dan rules!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Here are a few Buddhist quotes for you claiming enlightenment, and also for those of you seeking enlightenment. Take them as food for thought, or take them as whatever you'd like. Also, my own two cents would be not to seek answers from someone claiming to have attained enlightenment, but to look within. My question is why an "enlightened" one would seek to proclaim their achievement to us, to convince us.

“Those who know don't tell and those who tell don't know.”--Zen proverb

"The purpose of a fishtrap is to catch fish, and when the fish are caught, the trap is forgotten.
The purpose of a rabbit snare is to catch rabbits. When the rabbits are caught, the snare is forgotten.
The purpose of words is to convey ideas. When the ideas are grasped, the words are forgotten.
Where can I find a man who has forgotten words? He is the one I would like to talk to."--Chuang-Tsu

"Before enlightenment, chopping wood and carrying water. After enlightenment, chopping wood and carrying water."--Basho

"If you cannot find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?"--Dogen

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by YodasQuotas

Thank you.

Namaste!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

I remember the day very well. I have been keeping a journal of my experience. That was the day of the total lunar eclipse. My exact words that day " the veil has lifted".
I only read your post so far. WOW
edit on 20-9-2011 by Minori because: can't type

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Minori

I am honestly overcome with an unexplainable emotion. It is humbling and happiness in one. Tears of joy.

When a person is enlightened with the knowledge by which ignorance is destroyed then their knowledge revels everything, as the sun lights up everything in the day.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Minori because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
It isn’t even Buddhist.

Not in the opening post, but somewhere else on the thread he admitted to not being a Buddhist.

You are not an enlightened being; you are a self-deluded one who is now trying, in all innocence, to make others share your delusion.

Exactly what makes you such an authority on what an "enlightened being" would be or would not be.

I am not impressed with the OP myself, but more importantly I don't have any questions for anyone, in this matter. If the Buddha were sitting next to me, still I wouldn't have any special questions for him that I don't have for others.

But I am curious to know how you determined the OP is not "enlightened" or "liberated". Is it because his responses to some question did not sound "Buddhist" to your mind that you feel he cound not be "enlightened" or "liberated"?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Observor

I’m not an expert on much, but I know cant when I see it.

Service? Are we a race of waiters and telemarketers, then?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Yeah, I want to see the sparkle of his China.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Enlightenment....what it is....what it isn't....please explain to me.....(what it is) and (what it isn't)....thank you!

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Enlightenment has nothing to do with serving others.
When the truth is known, it is seen that there are no 'others'. How can there be 'others' when it is all one?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Just my musings...

I've always interpreted "enlightenment" to mean a realization. With that realization comes application. However, the application of said realization never ceases in a person's life. Thus enlightenment could be described as an active process which remains to be fulfilled on a daily basis. I have a difficult time grasping the idea of a fixed moment of enlightenment that requires no further action or reflection.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by caledonia

Enlightenment is when all lies are seen through. There can be no more confusion, only clarity is. All illusion and delusion are obvious. Enlightenment is when one sees and knows what one is.
It is not for the faint hearted though, because 'you' have to die to be enlightened.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Enlightenment has nothing to do with serving others.
When the truth is known, it is seen that there are no 'others'. How can there be 'others' when it is all one?

Exactly.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by followtheevidence

Yes, it is the realization of the truth, the falling away of the lies and delusion. And yes, it is a remembering, it can go from me-ing to being. Eventually when liberation is, the remembering is seen to be just happening along with everything else. No one is doing it anymore because the person has dissolved completely. There was no one ever there but there is the habit due to the conditioning. However, watching the conditioning from the peaceful space that you are is it anyway.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

reply to post by caledonia

Enlightenment is when all lies are seen through. There can be no more confusion, only clarity is. All illusion and delusion are obvious. Enlightenment is when one sees and knows what one is.
It is not for the faint hearted though, because 'you' have to die to be enlightened.

Not true.
We are already born enlightened. It's in our very nature. It's just that some of us forgot...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

I know we are born enlightened however humans have been taught not to be enlightened. The person we think we are is not what we really are. It is when 'one' finds out what they are not that they can return to childlikeness again.
We are born free and then we are bound.
The person we think we are has to die. What is left is it.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01
Are you still able to reach this point of enlightenment/realization, or was it just a one time thing?

Did you experience any sort of 'separation' from your thoughts? Did you realize that your thoughts are not really "you", but exist entirely independent of your consciousness?

Were you able to acutally 'hear' your thoughts? Did you 'see' your thoughts as a geometric manifestation of energy?

Were there any other life-forms present when you were 'enlightened' ? Did you see how they are connected to you and to each other, and that you in fact ARE them? Did you become them for any period of time? Did you physically touch any life forms during your enlightenment? Have you ever had sex while enlightened?

Have you ever experienced any form of synesthesia? For example being able to see sounds?

Did you see any "higher-level" beings/entities? Did they see you?

I was in a state of Christ consciousness for ten days after my experience. Pure joy and bliss, but it was a dual edged sword. For instance I saw a car accident while driving and I was so concerned for the well being of the passengers I just started crying. Basically I loved strangers as much as my own wife and family. I feel like I chose to come back to a more "Normal" level of consciousness sub consciously, because if I hadn't I probably wouldn't be married any more and I definitely wouldn't be on ATS. I'd be out working with people in poverty.

In the White light there were no thoughts or entities or anything. Just pure love. Calling it love is insufficient though, it'd be like calling the brightest star in the universe a light.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I know we are born enlightened however humans have been taught not to be enlightened. The person we think we are is not what we really are. It is when 'one' finds out what they are not that they can return to childlikeness again.
We are born free and then we are bound.
The person we think we are has to die. What is left is it.

We can agree to disagree

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

In an earlier post i wrote that enlightenment is not about serving 'others'. However, after reading your last post i can see where you are coming from, compassion. Compassion is pure love, what ever enters your consciousness is seen as your own self. So beautiful. When you see flowers or trees do you not long to plunge deeper?
Serving 'others' is not to be prescribed, however it is a symptom of enlightenment.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Ok, tell me what you think enlightenment is all about because you haven't given me anything to agree or disagree with yet, so me thinks you are disagreeing. I don't mind.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join