It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ask a Bodhisattva Anything

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by robhines
Weird, was just thinking about the shadow figure too. Was wondering if he had them bugging him before he woke up, then saw them quickly do one once he had his experience. Wouldn't be surprised if so...

Bingo!

After coming back into my body, I entered an altered state of consciousness where I could see a shadow figure. It tried to elude my awareness. Eventually I caught it and then I playfully snatched it. It disappeared.

edit on 20-9-2011 by Student X because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Student X

After coming back into my body, I entered an altered state of consciousness where I could see a shadow figure. It tried to elude my awareness. Eventually I caught it and then I playfully snatched it. It disappeared.

Yeah I don't think they're too into us when we're completely absent of fear.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Student X

Shadow figure was much later. During meditation I felt a presence opened my eyes and I saw the entity. I've also communicated with an entity as well.

How about you?

I wonder how many more of us there are out there? Did you see there is another person on this thread who had the same kind of experience the same day?

edit on 20-9-2011 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Solipsism! LOL I knew this back when I was in a Psychology class many years ago and then I go to google it and forget the word.

Yes infant solipsism is what I could relate with having but at a very young age and being aware of it. lol

Thank you for the analogy of being cells in a body, and I understood this before as our connection to everything in the world. My fear of a Christ consciousness is to become like a drone bee or something utterly ridiculous like that, losing what is uniquely me in other words.
I have set out on this path many times only to find myself starting yet again. I can relate to what you said about your family as well.

Thanks also for this post, if anything it was enlightening.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Liberated from the illusion of the world. Enlightened to the truth.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl

Originally posted by Skorpiogurl

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by caledonia

Enlightenment is when all lies are seen through. There can be no more confusion, only clarity is. All illusion and delusion are obvious. Enlightenment is when one sees and knows what one is.
It is not for the faint hearted though, because 'you' have to die to be enlightened.

Not true.
We are already born enlightened. It's in our very nature. It's just that some of us forgot...

But can you rember dieing? If not then you must die to experince it and how can you be enlightened and not have experinced everything.

There is no such thing.

Then what happend to my grandparents? why are they still not walking around and living life?

Because this life is not reality.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hey enlightened one! I was reading quite a lot of posts in this thread, I would like to ask you some questions and I would really, really appreciate a few answers (You may shed some light to a lost seeking soul).

I'm considering myself as a 'spirit having a physical experience'. I'm aware of the illusion that physical life is so my main focus in life is in spirituality. My biggest frustration in life perhaps has something to do with the unhappiness of people around me (regardless if they are close friends or strangers) as I know and feel we are all one and whatever I do to others I do to myself so I treat others very kindly as to myself, always. I'm dedicating most of my life in finding my own peace of mind. I'm not seeking to have a rich physical life, I will be very pleased with having just enough and live very simply. I've traveled very long distances for it, and i'm still traveling. I gave up on my soulmate which was my difficult decisions in my life, my 'one' as she was and still everything for me in order to move to a different energetic location on Earth so I could perhaps just let me 'be' (Which is working but not as I thought, i'm still carrying myself everywhere and my contradictions everywhere).

I know that we are creating our own reality. From personal experiences, I was always choosing intuition over anything, and I place my faith in it more than anything else in the world.
The past weeks i'm experiencing a lot of pain, frustration and depression from my life and from the decisions I've made, I don't understand why do we need to experience duality. I would give up on that instantly. I'm practicing oneness, unconditional love, i'm trying hard to always be who I really am regardless of what might people think, i'm on the process of recognizing myself as love so others would see me as love first. And by that, to raise mine and other people's vibrations around me. Trying to aim them to themselves as I know everything we need is in ourselves.

So sorry for all this long post, I just wanted to give you this 'background' on my life. I just don't understand what part is missing? If i'm considering my consciousness to be close to an enlightened one (At least by my actions or intentions). What and where could be my missing puzzle? I'm really lost in this spiritual path that i'm on the verge of losing faith in my own self and in spiritual life. It all seems very confusing and so frustrating.

Please, I would really appreciate a word of advice. It doesn't have to be something good, just a piece of truth that i'm might missing.

With great love to you and all there is.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by Student X

Shadow figure was much later. During meditation I felt a presence opened my eyes and I saw the entity. I've also communicated with an entity as well.

How about you?

I've communicated with many entities over the years, but I did not communicate with the shadow figure.... It was more of a cat-and-mouse game.

I wonder how many more of us there are out there? Did you see there is another person on this thread who had the same kind of experience the same day?

Yes I did. I would guess there are hundreds of us out there.

After my Buddha-consciousness wore off, I was compelled to go on a pilgrimage. Long story short I ended up in the desert, where I was guided to perform a cosmic renewal ritual and where I again gained an altered state of mystical consciousness. The Buddha-consciousness that was in me, the Christ child, was then born into the world through me.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Solipsism! LOL I knew this back when I was in a Psychology class many years ago and then I go to google it and forget the word.

Yes infant solipsism is what I could relate with having but at a very young age and being aware of it. lol

Thank you for the analogy of being cells in a body, and I understood this before as our connection to everything in the world. My fear of a Christ consciousness is to become like a drone bee or something utterly ridiculous like that, losing what is uniquely me in other words.
I have set out on this path many times only to find myself starting yet again. I can relate to what you said about your family as well.

Thanks also for this post, if anything it was enlightening.

Love yourself as you are and you will learn to love others as they are. Rinse, cycle, repeat.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Realtruth

Honestly because I go around with a smile on my face and being friendly to people I rarely get treated poorly. But when i do I remind myself that people often treat others poorly because of their own unhappiness. It makes me question why/if that person is unhappy and it helps me to feel compassionate for them.

I'm not perfect so if someone is rude to me I'll often have an emotional response, but I'm conscious of it so I don't act on it. I can then foster compassion for that person. Rather than responding to their rudeness with the same energy.

Makes perfect sense since our only choice is to be the change we want to see in the world. And since our thoughts and words are creative, it also makes sense to create something positive vs. something negative, even when someone is rude.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Liberated from the illusion of the world. Enlightened to the truth.

Really?

Because you sure are mentioning a lot of things that are indeed illusory and do not appear to be truthful. You don't appear to be liberated as much as you just seem to have switched masters. But I'm glad you're feeling..... better(?)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

Then why are we wasting our time hear?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Because for various reasons we don't perceive things properly, and we're pretty much trapped until we choose to and then have the ability to move beyond our delusions.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
To know your nobody
Enlightenment..... what is it and how does it work. First I have to wonder who's behind it and whats in it for them to be the author. Theres the Hindus and the Budahists, some New Agers, and theres one thread to all of them.... the 'self'. Without participation of the self, it becomes like a noise in the forest... who hears it. Disassociation of self is useless as it provides what? the perfect 'self'.... for who? a static universe. And then who are the spectators or beneficiaries of this perfect conciousness? As long as theres two opposite sexes out there, there will never be this state of perfect enlightenment.... not while hormones rule the day. Perfect can not exist in the world of entropy and chaos. The best one can hope for is to ride the wave and be minimally harmed. From the beginning there has only been one 'Creator' who decides the value of self and, I don't think this condecending notion of enlightenment is part of the program.

Above and beyond that, it's a shame that ATS has become a forum of Loony Toons with all their agendas, There has become fewer and fewer topics of any interest. The soap box regulars with their doom and mallcontented lives. I'v given up on seeing anything of real interest that isn't just an exercise in writing dribble.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Well... you're not wasting "My" time. Do you feel like you're wasting your time here?
Anyway, you can't waste time.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

The point IS to experience duality. You're an immortal spirit having a finite physical experience. You chose to incarnate knowing that there would be pain and sorrow and love and joy. But it's not real. It's like playing a video game. Would you be depressed if you lost at Tetris? I used to believe this to be true, then I had my liberation and I knew it. Once you know it without doubt then you are free.

My advice would be to never stop working towards spiritual goals, because spiritual goals are the only goals based on truth.
edit on 20-9-2011 by Buddha1098 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by robhines

I believe when I die my body will be dead and the same for the rest of humanity. People die but we don't. I don't believe we are sent down here to waste time. But to say that this life is not reality would mean that we are wasting time. And this conversation is why it is best not to use words to describe things type of things to much confusion araises out of words.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
You do the Hokey-Pokey and you turn yourself around. That's what it's all about.

It's Just A Ride

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Can you elaborate what you mean?

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Can you elaborate what you mean?

Well, I haven't read the entire thread but you have talked about something to the effect of 'shadow people', a 'presence' that opened your eyes during meditation to see an 'entity' and I even recall something about the Mayan calendar(?).

I mean, you seem to have had a transcendental experience of some kind and I think that's great. But claiming to be liberated from illusions because of it doesn't seem to par up with some of the other things you're saying. Eye-opening 'presences' and shadowy entities tend to be considered illusory.

I dunno. Maybe I'm not getting your whole story or something but the things you're describing don't indicate a liberation to me. Thanks, and I apologize if I have come off as rude.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join