It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious 'booming sounds' perplex scientists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Its interesting that all the places that hear this phenomenon are near water. My guess would be small earthquakes under a body of water, the soundwaves get amplified and create an explosively loud effect when they reach the surface. Im no acoustics expert, physicist or geologist so may be totally wrong

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
If nobody can find where the noise is coming from, could it possibly be people from another Earth in another dimention trying to break through to ours.

Or maby we are all on some reality tv show like the truman show but on a bigger scale and above the sky is a huge metal sphere we are all in, and space is just a hologram.
edit on 19-9-2011 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2011 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I would think it would be some sort of military exercise. You can hear them once in awhile around here, but, I always chalk it up to military doing some sort of training.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anunaki2012
The Sounds come from the big UFO`s in stealth mode.

Noooo, our enterprise spaceship is now approching against Goa'uld Armada and exchanging some artillery fire. Ours have communicated with Ashtar Galactic command to get some help. I think the andromedans will be here soon too.

Ultra space weapons with loud sounds.... my kinda shooowwww.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

Booming sounds that rattle doors on the coast....I'm going with sonic booms, because while the military can't go that fast on land where people live, they can do it out at sea. But the sonic booms don't necessarily have to be from aircraft, they could be from meteors too.

Here are some explanations that the article gives:

A host of plausible explanations may now exist for these enigmas, including earthquakes, rock bursts, mud volcanoes, explosive venting of gas, storm-driven waves, tsunamis, meteors, distant thunder and so-called booming sands.
So while scientists might be perplexed as to which one of those things is causing the booms, at least they have some ideas.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
In UK birmingham some days ago.
at about 3am? their was a big boom like thunder.
I had head phones on!
I whent out and look't. the clouds where only thin.
I could see the moon. and only the one bang.
just thunder! ?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
The sea can make some chest rumbling booms. Especially if there's decent waves and rocks in the area.

IRM

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
A few years back here in Ohio we had a very very loud boom in the am i think 3 am. It was so loud it woke many from bed. It sounded like 100 bolts of thunder and lightning let go all at once and then it seemed to peal off for 10 seconds anyway. No other sound before or after.

The news reported that it wasnt local but was heard over a 4 or 5 state area and came from high in the sky. As well many reports of broken widows were reported locally.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Nice find. S&F for you!!

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
its the last gasps of ELEnin ushering in PlanetxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX!!!! ta da !!!! also I want to thank my mother for making all of this possible...Your Pain was My Gain....also want you all to remember that if YOUR BREATH isnt taken away by the Super New Moon there is always the Second Coming of Christ which Harold Camping, NOT CHRIST, has conveniently scheduled for October 21st. darnit he never gave a time so is that UTC of Pacific will that be standard time or still Daylight time ....I am so confused...help me OB1Cantelopey

Ok seriously,,there is a kind of energy that is released. Chinese heard it before a large earthquake which cause damage to the big dam. They thought the Government was trying to kill them.

I live on the San Jacinto fault line and hear pops and rumbles all the time. Or am I hearing Navel Gunfire echoing along the mountain range..Nobody knows and can prove less
edit on 19-9-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Here's a list of things it could be, but "They" won't tell you..

1: Military breaking the sound barrier, testing new engines, testing new weapons.

2: HAARP.

3: Underground Bunkers being constructed.

4: Meteors entering Earth's atmosphere

5: Something Catastrophic happening to our atmosphere/world.

I don't know if this would make sense but I'll add my own random idea to the list even though the above named are more likely. I mean this is a Conspiracy Site right?

6: Underground Magma movement coming in contact with water chambers and creating massive hydrogen explosions. Not sure how it would create thunder in the air but whatever... it's better theory than Nibiru

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

I'm from the NC Coast, but I now live in the middle of the state (the Piedmont, as it's known). Near the NC coast in a town called Jacksonville is a marine military base called Camp Lejeune. Not saying that it IS the source of the noises, but throwing it out there as a possibility. I live close to a military base now and there are loud explosions from artillery fire drills and my windows rattle. In fact, during our recent earthquake, I first believed it to have been explosions from the military base like normal.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I heard ( maybe 2 months ago) the same sounds but I live in Eastern Canada.

It sounded like fireworks but it was 5pm or 6pm. I remember tweeting my friends and the local news but I only got 3 replies from friends confirming that they to have heard them but couldn't tell what it was.

I don't know if it's relating to military activity or anything like that but I wanted to let you know that these sounds (The loud Booms or Bangs) have been heard in Canada as well.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Can Seismographs pick these up? We've had some sonic booms over southern Cali
the last few years, denied by the surrounding bases of course, but the seismo's were
apparently able to detect the path, altitude, speed & size of the objects.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Fracking maybe? Part of their process is underground explosions, creating 'fracturing' of earth to release natural gas.

Future in fracking? Lawmakers say NC sits on natural gas goldmine

Read more: www.gastongazette.com...

www.indyweek.com...

spec
edit on 19-9-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It is interesting that the sounds are usually heard near the ocean. I lived on Savannah Beach in the early 1970s and we heard similar sounds coming from offshore. Enough people heard and commented on them that it made the local news for a couple of summers. The best guess, and one I find plausible, is it was military aircraft exceeding the speed of sound far offshore. The military denied it but that might just mean they were testing something still classified.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Spooner69

That's what I thought too. I live in Eastern Ontario and couple of days ago around 9pm I was sitting at the dinning room table were I have a big bay window. I heared this sonic boom like sound followed by a 3-4 second low rumble. Sometimes we get 10-15 minute rumbles. Not very loud but it's there.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Since the technology already exists to localize sounds using sophisticated microphones and processing software (See this PopSci article for an example), with the right funding it should not be difficult to at least locate the source.

edit on 19-9-2011 by Tripnman because: Fix link

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Read a thread at the beginning of the year regarding scalar weaponry and scalar wave interferometry
The professor spoke about how such waves interfering would cause sonic booms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join