It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Pronounce and Spell the Name of Jesus In Weird Old Testament Variants are Going to Hell

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

the fact that i will die for my believes shows how sure i am of my believes, as far as quotes. the bible is my authority... what do you have in life that keeps you going(probably video games or the computer) i LOVE to get down to your level but i tried to get your understanding so im doing my job..... are you doing yours? may JESUS ADONNAY BLESS YOU. EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW AND CONFESS HE IS LORD....................................

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
unlike you i dont have the patience and time to read all 33 pages on you thread when your title SPEAKS OF YOUR IGNORANCE.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
unlike you i dont have the patience and time to read all 33 pages on you thread when your title SPEAKS OF YOUR IGNORANCE.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pthena

so reading the thread title may be within the scope of his acceptable persecution.

Yes, I invited him to go to the Religion section from a Middle East thread, where his comments were off topic. Persecution complex, and willingness to die OT fashion are quite prominent
OK thanks for the direction from the other sub-forum and this looks like the current thread to get into it so I will be accommodating as for having a discussion. I started this thread to move an off-topic discussion from NewAgeMan's thread.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST
That's ok because I don't mind repeating things. I am not going to get annoyed because someone did not read the thread. Earlier I was just pointing out something and did not mean it as a criticism.
edit on 23-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

the fact that i will die for my believes shows how sure i am of my believes, as far as quotes. the bible is my authority... what do you have in life that keeps you going(probably video games or the computer) i LOVE to get down to your level but i tried to get your understanding so im doing my job..... are you doing yours? may JESUS ADONNAY BLESS YOU. EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW AND CONFESS HE IS LORD....................................
I think being biblical in supporting your views is a good idea, and not using the Bible as the sourse just ends up in so much philosophy.
As for video games, I am into making them, so to speak, more than playing them.(I don't actually play what you would normally think of as video games, and it is more a geography learning tool)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

LIKE I TOLD YOU BROTHER THE VERY FACT THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO LISTEN MEANS GOD IS CALLING YOU.PRAY FOR UNDERSTANDING. I AM NO ONE TO JUDGE I JUST FELL OFFENDED WHEN SOMEONE TRY'S TO ATTACK OUR WAY OF LIVING.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

LIKE I TOLD YOU BROTHER THE VERY FACT THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO LISTEN MEANS GOD IS CALLING YOU.PRAY FOR UNDERSTANDING. I AM NO ONE TO JUDGE I JUST FELL OFFENDED WHEN SOMEONE TRY'S TO ATTACK OUR WAY OF BELIEVING.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

LIKE I TOLD YOU BROTHER THE VERY FACT THAT YOU ARE WILLING TO LISTEN MEANS GOD IS CALLING YOU.PRAY FOR UNDERSTANDING. I AM NO ONE TO JUDGE I JUST FELL OFFENDED WHEN SOMEONE TRY'S TO ATTACK OUR WAY OF LIVING.
Who are the people you are referring to when you say "our", and what is your way of living?
Is this some community you are a member of where you have former Christians learning Hebrew, trying to be "like Jesus" by performing rituals?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

here's ya some different varrents of his name in Hebrew it's not even close to all of them in any shape or form but a few

God's name Hebrew

" PIPI "
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blasphemous
YeHoWA ( H )

YaHoWa ( H )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jehovah

Jahwe

Yahweh

My Master

Lord

YH WH

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hallelujah - " Praise Yah " Yah contraction of divine name

Yah hu - " Yah himself " f.e.x.

Eliyah - " My God is Yah "

Eliyahu - " My God is Yah himself "

" I_Eh_oU_Ah "

Yahweh was created to battle the true name Jehovah The name of God

Y H and W regared as vowels

English Y "ee" W "L" (o as in hole) or J (oo as in mood)

H at the end ( a as in father )

YHWDH Divine name _ I _ H _ J _ D / H k D H - English

Y - H - W - H - I - H - J or I - H - L = Yehowa

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YAHUSHUA ha MASHIACH
HIS son YAHUSHUA

YudHehVav
Yud Heh Waw Heh (YHVH)
Yahweh

Yud hand
Heh a window or behold the look
Vav a nail

Behold the hand Behold the nail

ancient-hebrew.org/4_characteristics.html

biblicalhebrew.com/alphabet.htm#pictureletters

inner.org/hebleter/default.htm

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

chill, none of its real man

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris

chill, none of its real man
The Simpsons? Not real? OH!
How about South Park? That has to be real, right?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by WeAreNothingWithoutGOD

" PIPI "
This is a new one to me.
I really did not want to get into the debate on how to pronounce that OT "name".
Your post indicates a possible quagmire when you do get into it.
My own translation into English is, "Myself, who I am" (very concrete concept and none of the esoteric philosophizing on the meaning of existence).
I was saying (as the central thought behind this thread) that as far as I know, we are taught by the New Testament, that the the name of Jesus is, Jesus.
I was reading last night about the so-called Letter of Jude, which through people like Athanasius (the real person who should be thought of when people get into all this blaming of the evils perpetrated on Christianity to Constantine), made it into the Christian canon. It seems to be the most extreme letter or book in the NT, where it attributes, in some variations, the slaughter of the Egyptians at the time of the Exodus, to Jesus, and claims that Enoch foretold the second coming of Jesus with thousands of warriors to kill the population of the earth. As OT imagery using as these manuscripts may be, they still stick with the Greek version of Jesus and make no attempt at Hebratizing the name. You can look at the variants at,
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by NOTurTypical

First you need to explain how it is right, since you are the one introducing it.
I looked at the linked-to page back when you linked to it in the other thread, for probably at least a minute and could make no sense of it. I need you to explain it to me.

I don't see how it would be hard to understand myself, but I also love math. It's simple for me, but if you say you really struggle understanding it, that's fine. I'll try my best to just include the relevant info for the prophecy.

The Prophecy ... Ezekiel 4:4-6

"Then God said to Ezekiel,
'Now lie on your left side for 390 days
to show Israel will be punished for 390 years
by captivity and doom.
Each day you lie there represents
a year of punishment ahead for Israel.
Afterwards, turn over and lay on your right side
for 40 days, to signify the years of Judah's punishment.
Each day will represent one year . . .'"

390 days ~ Judgment against the 10 northern tribes 'Israel'
+ 40 days ~ Judgment against the 2 southern tribes 'Judah'

= 430 years ~ Judgment against the nation of Israel

In 606 B.C. Israel (Judah) was taken into captivity by Babylon for exactly 70 years ...

430 years of judgment determined against nation Israel
- 70 years fulfilled during the Babylonian captivity

= 360 years remaining in judgment against the nation of Israel

The Mystery of 360 Years . . .

There should have been a total of 360 years left (remaining) in judgment against Israel after their release from Babylonian captivity by the Persian general Cyrus, exactly 70 years after the Babylonian captivity began (just as the prophet Jeremiah had prophesied before the captivity) ... but where was the remaining 360 year judgment in Israel's history??!!

The7X Factor of God's Judgment . . .

Bible scholars could not find any specific captivity or dispersion that fulfilled these 360 years left in the judgment until a close look in the book of Leviticus revealed a startling prophetic warning ...

"And after all this, if you do not obey Me, then I (God) will punish you seven times more for your sins." ~ Leviticus 26:18

"Then, if you walk contrary to Me, and are not willing to obey Me, I (God) will bring on you seven times more plagues, according to your sins." ~ Leviticus 26:21

"And after all this, if you do not obey Me, but walk contrary to Me, then I (God) also will walk contrary to you in fury; and I, even I will chastise you seven times for your sins.: ~ Leviticus 26:27-28

"I (God) will scatter you among the nations and draw a sword after you; your Land shall be desolate and your cities waste." ~ Leviticus 26:33

Prophecy Fulfilled . . .

Now, let's apply the 7X factor to the remaining 360 years of judgment against nation Israel in this remarkable mathematical prophecy . . .

360 Remaining years of judgment
x 7 The prophetic '7X' factor

= 2,520 Years of judgment remained against nation Israel

2,520 years
x 360 days

= 907,200 days of judgment remained against nation Israel after the Babylonian captivity

Now, to convert the 907,200 days found in this prophecy into our 365.25 day solar (Julian) years (the .25 adjusts for leap years) . . .

907,200 days ÷ 365.25 days = 2,483.78 years of God's judgment remained

With this information, let's look at this remarkable prophecy again . . .

606 B.C Israel taken into Babylonian captivity
- 70 Years for 70 years

= 536 B.C. End of first 70 years of judgment

+ 2483 Years Now add the 2,483 years remaining in this judgment
+ 1 Year Add 1 year because there is no "0" B.C. or A.D.

= 1948 AD! End of judgment against nation Israel

Bible Math

edit on 23-9-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

It's simple for me, but if you say you really struggle understanding it, that's fine.
I never got as far as the arithmetic. I said I probably looked at the page for a minute or a little longer.
The problem I had with it was what looked like a faulty interpretation of scripture.
I think the problem should become evident by just looking at the section in question.
I will quote from NETBible.

“And you, son of man, take a brick and set it in front of you. Inscribe a city on it – Jerusalem. Lay siege to it! Build siege works against it. Erect a siege ramp against it! Post soldiers outside it and station battering rams around it. Then for your part take an iron frying pan and set it up as an iron wall between you and the city. Set your face toward it. It is to be under siege; you are to besiege it. This is a sign for the house of Israel.
“Also for your part lie on your left side and place the iniquity of the house of Israel on it. For the number of days you lie on your side you will bear their iniquity. I have determined that the number of the years of their iniquity are to be the number of days for you – 390 days. So bear the iniquity of the house of Israel.
“When you have completed these days, then lie down a second time, but on your right side, and bear the iniquity of the house of Judah 40 days – I have assigned one day for each year. You must turn your face toward the siege of Jerusalem with your arm bared and prophesy against it. . ."

Looking at cross-references, there is an explanation for these numbers, which is, they are symbolizing the time spent by Israel in Egypt.

Exodus 12:40 Now the time that the sons of Israel lived in Egypt was four hundred and thirty years.

Another cross-reference takes you to where The Lord is making a threat to Israel, what would happen if they do not serve Him.

Deuteronomy 28: 68 "The LORD will bring you back to Egypt in ships, by the way about which I spoke to you, `You will never see it again!' And there you will offer yourselves for sale to your enemies as male and female slaves, but there will be no buyer."

It could be that since Egypt did not want them, the trouble with using ships is not carried out, since there is already land forces about, from a northern empire who were willing to take the inhabitants of the kingdom of Israel.

Going back to Ezekiel 4, my reading is that the years which are represented by the days the prophet was told to lie, on one side or the other, corresponds with the years "of iniquity". You can find these approximate numbers of years by looking at two historical time periods. One for Israel, from the setting up of the golden calves by Jeroboam, until the Babylonian captivity. The second for Judah, which would be the time of rebellion of Manasseh, up to the time of the Babylonian captivity.

2 Kings 23: 26 & 27 However, the LORD did not turn from the fierceness of His great wrath with which His anger burned against Judah, because of all the provocations with which Manasseh had provoked Him.
The LORD said, "I will remove Judah also from My sight, as I have removed Israel. And I will cast off Jerusalem, this city which I have chosen, and the temple of which I said, `My name shall be there.' "

My view of this story in Ezekiel is that The Lord is giving instructions as to how to make an acted out demonstration of the sort of thing to be expected, which was an exile of the type that was experienced by Israel in Egypt, and that the reason for this possible and likely prospect is the years spent by the kingdoms of Israel and Judah, in a state of disobedience to the dictates of The Lord.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I have it on good authority that He likes to be called Bro.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax
I have it on good authority that He likes to be called Bro.
Not sure about, Bro, but brother, is something you can find in the New Testament, that Jesus did things the way he did so he would be our brother.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

The Lord told Ezekiel to "prophesy"' therfore it's prophetic, not a historical re-cap. Ezekiel lived post-Exodus.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

No, no!

Bro!

I have it on good authority.

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join