People Who Pronounce and Spell the Name of Jesus In Weird Old Testament Variants are Going to Hell

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Nope, you're only harming yourself by attacking the body of Christ who is the body of all believers. And you're talk of others going to hell for saying the Hebrew variant of Jesus, well, all I can say then is you're on your own, good luck with that, telling your fellow Christians they are hellbound.

There's a lovelessness to you and your attacks, that's what I see/intuit. It just doesn't feel congruent with the love of Jesus Christ, to me anyway.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
i say jebus, if its good for Homer Simpson its good for me lol

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
i say jebus, if its good for Homer Simpson its good for me lol
According to the internet, the urban legend is that Homer had gone to a Catholic school and if he said, Jesus, the nuns would beat him, so he mispronounced it to thwart the nun's intention of making him better.
From that bit of "info", it may be an attempt to avoid punishment if your only use of Jesus' name is making curses and things. I doubt God will look at it that way.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
"Yah-Zeus Krishna (Jesus Christ) makes the Romans, the Greeks, and the people of the Middle East all happy as hell! Now, we will have one world religion and one world government! Can I get an Amen-Ra from you people! Yes!" --Constantine the Great!

"Maybe we can set up the Capitol in a New Isis-Ra-El? (Israel)" -- Jewish adviser to Constantine.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DoctorHouseMD

There are people who believe in such conspiracy theories.
I don't think there is much to them and that what we have is a natural development of language.
What I was discussing earlier was how the biblical Hebrew as we know it was a dead language used by scholars in Babylon. After Alexander, a large part of the world had a universal language in Greek, to where people would adopt the Greek equivalents to words from a language not in common usage anyway.

edit on 22-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
GOD HAS MANNY NAMES AND NEVER CHANGES ..... JESUS,IESVS,YESHUA ADOONAY, ELOHIM,
EL SHADDAY ELYON,IHVH, THE MOST HIGH. HE KNOWS WHAT YOU MEAN IN YOUR HEART. WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE? DONT JUDGE THAT YE BE NOT JUDGED.....STOP THE BLASPHEMY.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST
GOD HAS MANNY NAMES AND NEVER CHANGES ..... JESUS,IESVS,YESHUA ADOONAY, ELOHIM,
EL SHADDAY ELYON,IHVH, THE MOST HIGH. HE KNOWS WHAT YOU MEAN IN YOUR HEART. WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE? DONT JUDGE THAT YE BE NOT JUDGED.....STOP THE BLASPHEMY.
. . . and . . what would that blasphemy be, exactly?
I'm looking at your formula here and I'm thinking, I don't recall the Bible saying anything like that.
You might want to consider the possibly that what you are doing could be a type of blasphemy.
There are a few pages to this thread so you may have missed the post where I said that I am not talking about God having a problem knowing what we mean, but a problem with us knowing who Jesus is.
I don't see any improvement to our knowledge of Jesus by substituting a different name for him.
I could imagine why some people may like doing that sort of thing in order to connect him to a god who he never talked of as being his god.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

YOUR TITLE IS BLASPHEMY. WHO ARE YOU TO SAY THAT PEOPLE ARE GOING TO HELL?????????? THE NAME OF YESHUA IS WRITTEN ALL OVER THE BIBLE INCLUDING BOTH OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT HOW DARE YOU SAY PEOPLE ARE GOING TO HELL. I WILL PRAY FOR YOUR SOUL I HOPE YOU DO THE SAME FOR ME ......I KNOW EXACLY WHO JESUS IS.......\

DO NOT TAKE MY NAME IN VAIN.................................-JESUS-

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST

YOUR TITLE IS BLASPHEMY. WHO ARE YOU TO SAY THAT PEOPLE ARE GOING TO HELL?????????? THE NAME OF YESHUA IS WRITTEN ALL OVER THE BIBLE INCLUDING BOTH OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT HOW DARE YOU SAY PEOPLE ARE GOING TO HELL. I WILL PRAY FOR YOUR SOUL I HOPE YOU DO THE SAME FOR ME ......I KNOW EXACLY WHO JESUS IS.......

DO NOT TAKE MY NAME IN VAIN.................................-JESUS-

You seem to be in a state of confusion as to who anyone is.
Thanks for contributing to the thread and I believe your posts will serve as a good example of where one might end up when they follow this path.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

O
. According to the NT Gospel writer, Jesus pronounced the end of prophecy and law with the coming of John the Baptist. To pretend that OT prophecy is still in effect is to reject this word from Jesus.

exactly where did you find this because last i saw Jesus said "think NOT that i come to destroy the torah(the law or Old Testament. but to FULLFILL.. Christ is prophecy Jesus even told his disciples to look forward to his coming according to Daniels 70 weeks(Daniel writing during the Babylonian exile)....

edit on 22-9-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Jesus was the writer of the commandments he was also called the angel of the lord during Hezekiah reign, him who slaughtered 18000 Assyrians., there is only ONE GOD so the one who is confused seems to be you . you can study the bible but if you don't have the holy spirit you will not understand.......i think GOD has set YOU as an example.. my bad if im jumping way ahead of you. seems like you need to read your bible(king james) insted of spending your whole day on ats..

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST

exactly where did you find this

MT 11:11 I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he. 12 From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it. 13 For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied until John. 14 And if you are willing to accept it, he is the Elijah who was to come. 15 He who has ears, let him hear.

So you must have read the whole post this came from. Hopefully, I don't have to quote every verse I allude to.
edit on 22-9-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena
[mo

Jesus dint mean that the prophecies will end after john. what he said was that john was the LAST of the prophets.(have you seen or heard of any true prophet after johns birth?) not until Elijah and Moses come back after the rapture.(the two wittnesses.) Jesus did not come to change the law but to fullfill
.(the spotless lamb of GOD )speaking leviticaly.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Jesus was the writer of the commandments he was also called the angel of the lord during Hezekiah reign, him who slaughtered 18000 Assyrians., there is only ONE GOD so the one who is confused seems to be you . you can study the bible but if you don't have the holy spirit you will not understand.......i think GOD has set YOU as an example.. my bad if im jumping way ahead of you. seems like you need to read your bible(king james) insted of spending your whole day on ats..
That is a minority position among Christians, what you seem to be espousing. There is also a similar version of that concept held by a minority of Jews considered by some as being Messianic. If I am confused (not following your view) then most Christians are equally confused, seeing how Jesus and God existed simultaneously, as in not one person shifting from one identity to another.

I am on the computer all day, doing one thing or another and I check the My ATS feature every fifteen minutes or so, to see if there are new posts on threads I am subscribe to, so I am doing other things most of the time, and I read the Bible on the internet, at Biblos.com and I'm right now working on a translation of Hebrews 9:14. I spend a lot of time on a 3D editor program making objects, like right now a tower structure that supports a netting for a golf ball driving range in the city.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

the early church was a minority.... when everyone accepts your view it means your doing something wrong, i dont need any one to agree with me. please seek the truth if your really thirsty for it ...if not stop wasting your time. for we dint choose GOD. GOD chose us

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

most so called christians are confused....tell me how did i know you spent your whole day behind the computer????.........since you read the bible i can show you where every thing i believe and will die for is quoted.....the holy spirit is calling you.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

No it's an example of how angry and hurt your thread title is to some of your fellow Christian brothers..

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

most so called christians are confused....tell me how did i know you spent your whole day behind the computer????.........since you read the bible i can show you where every thing i believe and will die for is quoted.....the holy spirit is calling you.
Maybe the thirty something pages on this thread would be a clue.
Go ahead a quote something if you want. If you can actually explain what the quotes mean, or how they apply, that would be useful.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

No it's an example of how angry and hurt your thread title is to some of your fellow Christian brothers..
SOILDERSUNITEDFORCHRIST said he was willing to die for what he believes so reading the thread title may be within the scope of his acceptable persecution.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

so reading the thread title may be within the scope of his acceptable persecution.

Yes, I invited him to go to the Religion section from a Middle East thread, where his comments were off topic. Persecution complex, and willingness to die OT fashion are quite prominent

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join