It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Who Pronounce and Spell the Name of Jesus In Weird Old Testament Variants are Going to Hell

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by the4thhorseman

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by daikaiju

Finkelstein concerns himself with political issues. This is a religious thread, therefore I will apply the "New antisemitism" to religion, specifically Christianity.

Since certain Christian sects and cults and movements consider the worldly, physical, corrupt, and violent political entity known as the State of Israel to be some holy fulfillment of prophecy. These "Christians" place corrupt government on an equal par with Jesus as being holy. Thus these "Christians" serve anti-Christ as substitute for Christ.

Moreover, in service to their master, they call real Christians (who have no regard for earthly Zion) anti-semitic.

I agree and disagree with this. Israel returning to a nation again is a fulfillment of prophecy. However if Israels actions are unjust in the eyes of God, He and He alone will deal with them. We see this in Revelation and Daniel and the remnant spared.

Just as was Gabriel's prophecy to Daniel fulfilled to the day for the incarnation of Christ. So too was God's prophecy to return Israel to the land. Fulfilled to the very day (May 14, 1948) from over 2,500 years ago.

Bible Math

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You already demonstrated on my Everlasting Covenant thread that you don't even understand the math, so it is just something you throw out as evidence just because it seems to support a fantasy you want to be true.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

You already demonstrated on my Everlasting Covenant thread that you don't even understand the math, so it is just something you throw out as evidence just because it seems to support a fantasy you want to be true.

I never claimed I didn't understand the math JM, that's another of your lies. It's not Quantum Physics, it's addition, subtraction and multiplication. Simple math.

Sorry JM, it doesn't work that way. You don't just arbitrarily say, "Hey, that's 100% wrong" without making an attempt to show WHY it's wrong. You admitted you never read the math, then arbitrarily said it was wrong and offered no reasons why.

If you wanna claim the math is wrong, that's fine you can express your opinions, but you need to provide WHY the math is wrong. Discussions would be absurd if all we had to do was arbitrarily assert things and everyone had to take them as fact.

edit on 22-9-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

First you need to explain how it is right, since you are the one introducing it.
I looked at the linked-to page back when you linked to it in the other thread, for probably at least a minute and could make no sense of it. I need you to explain it to me.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

First you need to explain how it is right, since you are the one introducing it.
I looked at the linked-to page back when you linked to it in the other thread, for probably at least a minute and could make no sense of it. I need you to explain it to me.

Wrong, if you'd look at the T&C for this website you cannot copy/paste more than a few sentences of any article or another piece. That would also be plagiarism if I copied their work and attributed it to myself. So, the easiest thing to do is link the material. Then I have not plagiarized or violated the T&C of the website.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

No kidding. I am not asking you to copy anything, just explain your understanding of it, in your own words.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

No kidding. I am not asking you to copy anything, just explain your understanding of it, in your own words.

Sure, not now though, perhaps tonight when I return from work.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Seems like christians sure do have a nice long list of "why everyone else is going to hell".

How "christian".

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TILTed
Seems like christians sure do have a nice long list of "why everyone else is going to hell".

How "christian".
The idea is to not do it in a gloating way, as if you liked the idea that they will go to hell. That is not Christian.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Sure, not now though, perhaps tonight when I return from work.
No hurry. Here is a quote of me from the "Everlasting Land Covenant" thread on 8-28, about this same link:

This is a discussion forum, not a depository for spam.
If what you are referring to is something you are unable to discuss in your own understanding, then it is not admissible evidence for this discussion.

edit on 22-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by the4thhorseman

Israel returning to a nation again is a fulfillment of prophecy. However if Israels actions are unjust in the eyes of God, He and He alone will deal with them. We see this in Revelation and Daniel and the remnant spared.

I tried to hold that position also a couple of years ago. I had to drop it though. Saying that the present day state of Israel is the fulfillment of what the prophets predicted is a rejection of the historic Persian Emperor's decree of return during the days of Ezra, Zarubbabel, Joshua, et al. Haggai, the prophet gave the word from YHWH, of the exact day and month and year in which the prophecy of return was fulfilled.

Fundamentalists, in my opinion, act very superstitiously by demanding each and every detail be fulfilled, even in the face of OT "god" Yahweh's explicit word. According to the NT Gospel writer, Jesus pronounced the end of prophecy and law with the coming of John the Baptist. To pretend that OT prophecy is still in effect is to reject this word from Jesus.

To pretend that some person is special by being Jewish is to reject the gospel that Paul proclaimed, in which there is no difference between Jew, Greek, slave, free, male, female. And that the Law puts everyone under the curse, so God can have mercy on all. To pretend that being bar mitzvah somehow satisfies God, is to reject Jesus as the way.

MT 12:43 "When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. 44 Then it says, `I will return to the house I left.' When it arrives, it finds the house unoccupied, swept clean and put in order. 45 Then it goes and takes with it seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first. That is how it will be with this wicked generation."

In like manner, when Jesus pronounces the end of OT as applicable and empties it of meaning, all manner of evil spirits take possession of the OT and give it a semblance of life. That isn't the true spirit in the book, demanding never ending repeats, that's some thing else altogether.

edit on 22-9-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by jmdewey60

Are you aware of the NDE's of Christians predominantly concerned with others who are going to hell, yep you guessed it.. it's not a pretty picture.
Your point is not getting across, and I am not guessing, so if you have a point, then spell it out.

If you do not forgive, you cannot be forgiven. What you measure out, will be measured unto you.

Do I need to spell it out some more..?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

To pretend that OT prophecy is still in effect is to reject this word from Jesus.
It starts by rejecting the name, Jesus, which is the foothold of doubt. Then the cultivation of the willingness to accept new ideas that contradict the very central theme of the New Testament and the reason why there even is a thing, the New Testament.

Thanks, Pthena, for your comment and historical perspective.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Are you aware of the NDE's of Christians predominantly concerned with others who are going to hell, yep you guessed it.. it's not a pretty picture.
Your point is not getting across, and I am not guessing, so if you have a point, then spell it out.

If you do not forgive, you cannot be forgiven. What you measure out, will be measured unto you.

Do I need to spell it out some more..?
If you feel like it.
I don't know who you think I am not forgiving.
I said a few times that I do not hold in my hands, the keys to heaven and hell, so my reversing my opinion will not somehow allow more people into heaven.
If you think it will, that I hold the gates to heaven barred against people, let me know.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Please see the title of your thread. as there are lovers of Jesus who refer to him by the Hebrew variant, and thus I refer you back to the post I made about your attacking the body of Christ. It's not anyone ELSE, but YOU who I'm concerned about, don't you see?

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Then you need not concern yourself because I am not in a position of forgiving or not forgiving anyone since I am not the judge, just someone giving warning.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Thanks, Pthena, for your comment and historical perspective.

I gave the historic perspective so that the great people who follow teaching poured into them ready made won't assume that somehow I missed some teaching they hold, and oh, if they could just tell me then I too would see it! I've seen it. And it reeks like a dead carcass revived as a zombie.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

there are lovers of Jesus who refer to him by the Hebrew variant

Then you should warn these people of their error rather than pestering JM about some repentance you think he should have.

edit on 22-9-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

"I have only one commandment. Love one another as I love you."

If you had ANY idea how unloving you are being to your fellow Christians, you would be ashamed of yourself.

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

"I have only one commandment. Love one another as I love you."

If you had ANY idea how unloving you are being to your fellow Christians, you would be ashamed of yourself.
Ok, now you are switching back from concern for me, to concern for those I am harming.
You could explain to me the injury I am causing them.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join