It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you 'knew'?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Getting explosives in, or a firearm would be impossible.. Though your first plan is plausible.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by EmilNomel
just use your psychic abilities to 'sabotage'

I have no psychic abilities... Read all of my posts here, there are only two options here, so far nothing has changed that.

So what would YOU do?

i would wake up and say to myself "what a stupid dream i had... hitler was kaput very long time ago!!"

give us a better scenario!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Well as for explosives you wouldn't be attempting to smuggle in mines. I was thinking something high-caliber, perhaps the diameter of a quarter/silver dollar. Have an x-ray proof (lead-lined?) chamber concealed in the heels of your dress-shoes. May be risky, but so is smuggling in deadly drugs.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Raelsatu

Getting explosives in, or a firearm would be impossible.. Though your first plan is plausible.

You're a writer, aren't you? Are you working on a script and need a little "real life" assistance?
I'm sorry, but I just don't believe your stated premise...too much heavy lifting required from everyone else but you.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I have no psychic abilities... Read all of my posts here, there are only two options here, so far nothing has changed that.

there are much more than just two options...

and just because you refuse to look for them, makes you very ignorant

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by QueSeraSera

A writer?

Yeah, I'm good with that, ultimately I am irrelevant here, the scenario is... Where do we go from here?

I suppose I'll have to sleep on it for now, time is running out, ya know, us 'writers' have deadlines to meet... And of course use ATS to spill the story and rob creativity from members.

I am, whatever you want me to be here, though it changes nothing here.

You may as well accuse me of being the Antichrist... Just as valid and still, just as wrong.

Goodnight.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

hey you didnt answer my question www.abovetopsecret.com...

if you are certain then only you are and can be certain so only you can make such a decision

personally i am rarely certain, if i was certain that an opportunity was there for self sacrifice guaranteed to save millions, i say DO IT, because after all, you are certain arent you?

heres one uncertainty for this hypothetical, how do you know you havnt been groomed to this point?

what if the power or one who control who has allowed you these 'visions' did so for the sole purpose of making you certain, and that this final act was the actual plan all along,

meaning what if this man actual wont kill millions but will save millions and you have been led to believe such by the same power which allowed you to save all the others for the sole purpose of making you certain

if you are even certain that 'that' isnt the case and you are absolutely certain your act will save them,

then DO IT. i would, but again, only if i was CERTAIN, without a single shred of doubt,

and only you can know if you are or not,

the point of life is not individual, that is the train of thought which leads one to think their own survival is more important then those other millions

everyone dies, our purpose here is growth and life, not of individual since we all die eventually, but rather, of human kind itself,

while we are alive we either work to help our species survival and grow, or we do not, our own existence was only possible because of those who DID work to help us survive this far,

the least you could do is take advantage of such an opportunity to help you species survive further,

DO IT,

edit on 9/17/11 by pryingopen3rdeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Goodnight. I don't know whether or not you're a writer, but it doesn't really matter. Interesting thread and hypothetical situation overall.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I've enjoyed the levity you've provided here, now you are serious?

Okay, please if you know of options that will work, enlighten me... What would YOU do if you knew?

This isn't a script, or material for a book, and for the RECORD I am not, nor have I ever been a professional writer.

Why would I post about any of that here, if I were a writer?

I am, very interested in all comments and opinions etc. posted here, nonetheless.

Seriously, I need to get some sleep.

Again, goodnight.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If the scenario you have crafted is reality, identify your target, so if you fail others can continue. It is irresponsible to rely only upon yourself.
As for my answer, I don't understand or accept the rigidity of the scenario. Why there are only 2 options and why must it happen in the next 72 hrs. only? If the target is an evil mastermind, there would be many opportunities to gain access and block his success. Maybe it's the only options you believe you have, but perhaps you cannot see what others are capable of.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I've enjoyed the levity you've provided here, now you are serious?

Okay, please if you know of options that will work, enlighten me... What would YOU do if you knew?

This isn't a script, or material for a book, and for the RECORD I am not, nor have I ever been a professional writer.

Why would I post about any of that here, if I were a writer?

I am, very interested in all comments and opinions etc. posted here, nonetheless.

Seriously, I need to get some sleep.

Again, goodnight.

good night to you indeed! you need the sleep i can see

and now for my record too... i never said you were a writer or anything in that sort!
you must be so tired that you are mixing up our replies to your post and i can see that you get very confused of who said 'what' especially if it's past your bed time

i wish you sincerely a good night and sweet dreams...
and when you wake up you will realize that you have many many options!
so don't do anything stupid just yet!
you still have time to figure out your choices...

namaste.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I would NOT intervene.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Well I'd tell everyone and anyone who would listen and maybe get him investigated and shutdown and certainly if he ran for president or leader whatever I'd be all over the news and based on my past history (well what was mentioned in the OP the finding the missing woman and preventing an accident) then your track record speaks volumes and they the world the news etc, may or should take you seriously.

ETA: What about breaking into the lab and destroying all his work?
edit on 18-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: add

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Darby Bible Translation
And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us (and we have contemplated his glory, a glory as of an only-begotten with a father), full of grace and truth;
words.. as defined by
New Living Translation (©2007)
But Jesus replied, "My Father is always working, and so am I."

only....time isnt defined yet

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

You have proposed the question to us...but did not answer it yourself....what would you the author of this thread do?

Personally, and honestly... I'm still undecided, with a sense of urgency.

Sense of urgency? 72 hours to decide?

Completely confident in your assessment, and will obviously have even more confirmation when you show up and recognize the individual and their location. What are you waiting for? If you have been shown something, there is obviously a reason. Maybe the reason is your lack of decisiveness, because 72 hours goes by quickly, and I wouldn't have taken the time to post in here first.
edit on 17-9-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by nii900

Nonsense wth kind of answer is that? Is this supposed to imply What Would Jesus DO? A guy who lived 2,011 years before WMD's and Mega virus Biological Warfare?

Do you even have proof that he existed and is nothing more than the perpetuation of a 2,000 year old older myth?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Qhe? Wha? Would'nt The Words Wire Their Minds? Or Wou|d they? Sense?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Interesting proposal. So I need to make some assumptions first before I answer with what I would do.

I must assume that I have looked into this person and their past actions and have come to the belief that their actions will lead to where my visions have foretold. I must also assume that I have gone within and decided with my heart and the trust I have in the source of this scenario, not my mind, that these occurrences will come to pass, therefore coming to the same conclusion with my mind and heart separately from each other.

If I see that without a doubt in my mind and my heart these vision will come to pass than I would do what I could to eliminate the threat. The needs of the many out weigh the needs of the few. If I was right I, by way of the source of the visions, would have saved many lives. If I was wrong I will have to deal with that in the hereafter, assuming it exists. The rest, as to what this person could have done, is a non issue, as it would only be speculation.

Now I must look at the visions themselves(which I do not have as your description is void of details).

I must assume that your scenario is flawed. IF I had seen how it all plans out from point A to point B for the next 7 years then I would know where it is he is staying and his route to the airport. I would also know his walking route to and from the podium where he is speaking not to mention the location of the car that will be taking him to the airport, therefore a plan could be formed to get closer to him by-passing or including the elimination of his security(collateral damage). Limiting the possibility of weapons AND explosives is also flawed as there are many weapons AND explosives that can be transported without drawing attention or detection. I will not give specific examples here, but trust me it can be done very easily, quickly and very inexpensively.

If I survived the situation I would probably step out of society and live with my decision, letting go of my own personal guilt, and knowing that I have done the right thing would sustain my future existence. If I did not survive then my judgement be mine and mine alone.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
To those of you that would intervene, here is a famous moral dilema that explores a similar subject (if the lives of many outweigh the lives of fewer), but does not require any complex foreknowledge of events:

A trolley is running out of control down a track. In its path are five people who have been tied to the track by a mad philosopher. Fortunately, you could flip a switch, which will lead the trolley down a different track to safety. Unfortunately, there is a single person tied to that track. Should you flip the switch or do nothing?

Would you still choose to effectively kill a person to save the lives of others, if that person was not the one responsible for their deaths? Perhaps if in this hypothetical example, killing a random guy at a pub would lead to a chain events that would stop him from spreading the virus, would you still do it?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
There is no moral dilemma, no quandary of philosophy.
You either believe that murder can be a means to an end, or you do not.
I do not.
I do not like that end.
I want a new beginning.
The 'final solution' is not acceptable for anyone. Not even the devil himself.
To win this war you must stand your ground.
Good does not commit evil to accomplish good.

Exactly!! Why is this so difficult for people to understand?? The end does NOT
justify the means!! In fact, if there's a need to justify an action at all it's the
WRONG action!!

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join