It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if you 'knew'?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It has been asked before, in various ways...

If you had advance absolute knowledge before Hitler rose to power, would you have killed him?

Don't answer that yet.

For an example... Lets say you've been having out of body experiences for quite some time now, a period of about 18 months... They begin like dreams, or nightmares and can happen any time, awake, or asleep. Though these experiences are far too real to be a dream, or nightmare.. You are literally there, you know where you are and what is going on, names, faces, details and all of your senses are working, usually these very real experiences have a tragic yet seemingly preventable ending, of which you are painfully aware of, and when back to wherever you were, or whatever you were doing, you cannot escape that particular feeling.

In time, you realize but are unwilling to accept that these experiences are actually future events, things that have NOT happened, and after testing this to prove it several times are convinced it is all very real. In one case you were able to prevent a tragic accident, and another afterward which actually got attention in the MSM, later you helped locate a missing child, and capture the kidnapper, in another case you led authorities to the body of a long missing woman, and to her murderer preventing more killings.

Now, you are wondering "why me" ... I never wanted to believe in stuff like this... Is it a gift or a curse? I have no control over it, so who or what does? How can I make it stop? Why do I feel obligated to intervene in every case now?... Am I crazy? There are a million questions and no answers... You don't tell anyone, and cling to your anonymity through all of it. Maybe it will just end, and you can forget about it....

Now, in your most recent experience, the longest, most intense yet, you are taken through years of the life of a man who will certainly, absolutely commit the largest mass-murder ever. A man who is as evil as good, and will rise to a position in his life where he is in absolute control over the knowledge and tools needed to carry out his plan. He intends to create the perfect biological weapon, a virus that can kill hundreds of millions in mere months and he plans to release it upon humanity, and watch as it spreads while keeping himself and a few associates safe from it... He will also test it over time on human subjects he abducts, his work will take 7 years to complete.... You know everything, from beginning to end, you also know where he is and will be for the next 72 hours, and you know there is only ONE way to prevent this, and it doesn't end well for either him, or for you. And it must happen within the next 72 hours. You have to kill him.

Your experience only provides one solution that will end this before it begins, but is that one solution really the only one that could work?

72 hours, what would you do if YOU knew?

edit on 17-9-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: sp

edit on 20/9/11 by masqua because: Edit by author request

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If I could go back in time. If I had only one bullet. If I had to choose between Hitler and FDR. I would shoot the one who did the most lasting damage to the US. Hint, it wasn't Hitler.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Next time you have one, please remember and share the future lottery numbers and the date, ok
I believe in self fulfilling prophecy, as for seeing the future, probably not.
And yes I am serious about the lottery numbers.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I really have no idea. The thought of 'saving the world' is very tempting, but actually altering the course of human history would not be a responsibility I would be anxious to take on.

Too many possible, infinite outcomes for my brain to process. Whose plan are we living by anyway? Would I have any right to assume I could interfere with it?
edit on 9/17/11 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I enjoyed reading the hypothetical, and I have my answer. Nothing elaborate, although I assume there would need to be a plan to get to him beforehand. Simply put, I'd do everything in my power to end his life. Some people will make up some bollocks about it not being your place to take another life regardless of the circumstance; but I don't think so. People are murdered every day over trivial matters, many more because of wars that our leaders perpetuate.

No questions asked, this man dies.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

There are only two possible outcomes in every case, one where you intervene and one where you do not, you are completely aware of both.

Now, what would you do if you knew?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Well, fracture, how do you know it is real? What if this man is a biological researcher but he is actually developing a "virus" that will make people immune to cancer and every other known disease. What if your "dreams" are the result of MK Ultra programming and TPTB want you to kill this man in order to save their profits?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

You have proposed the question to us...but did not answer it yourself....what would you the author of this thread do?

I think if a person decides to kill Hitler or anyone like him....they would have to know going in that they would be going to prison....that is a heavy price to pay.....but I think many would pay it.

I personally am not a killer....but during my 72 hours of decision....I may find someone who is.

Of course this is all fiction....and in reality....I would never kill nor have someone killed....it is just not my nature.

edit on 17-9-2011 by caladonea because: add more words

edit on 17-9-2011 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

You know, you've already been through many of these experiences, tested and proven.... You are absolutely certain of two outcomes, as certain of the reality you are in at this very moment, reading these words. You have two choices only, one where you intervene and one where you do not, you are fully aware of the outcome of either choice, in every case.

So?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

You have proposed the question to us...but did not answer it yourself....what would you the author of this thread do?

Personally, and honestly... I'm still undecided, with a sense of urgency.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
well, all we did was delay it really....

was it even hitlers plan?

it was grandfather bush's and co's money behind it and look what those same families have done since...

edit: and no, i wouldn't have killed him. it's not my right and his replacement may have been even worse!

edit on 17-9-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

You know, you've already been through many of these experiences, tested and proven.... You are absolutely certain of two outcomes, as certain of the reality you are in at this very moment, reading these words. You have two choices only, one where you intervene and one where you do not, you are fully aware of the outcome of either choice, in every case.

So?

My decision is easy. I have killed for my country before. Now I would be doing it to save my kids. So, if I KNEW. There would be no question.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Hitler?

Killed him? No.

Attempted to persuade him otherwise? Perhaps. It depends on my access to him.

Escaped him and warned others? Hell yeah.

I find this line of questioning weird...
edit on 17-9-2011 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The scenario presented made me think of the Terminator films.

My gut says kill whoever it is.

But after I did it, or arranged it, or whatever, I think I'd have to do myself next.

To spend the rest of my life wondering if what I did really was right, or the prospect of watching TSHTF by the deeds of another anyway, or any theoretical negative changes to the everyday person's life that could be impacted...those are things I don't think I could do. I would question my right to 'play god', so to speak, and take matters into my own hands. What gives me the right to, over and above any other person?

Thanks for the grey matter workout, OP, I think the problem you've posed will stay in my mind for a while

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mouldilocks

But after I did it, or arranged it, or whatever, I think I'd have to do myself next.

You wont have to, if you carry out the solution, you already know that it ends badly for you, no matter how you pull it off.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

this is a moral dilemma that's incredibly hard to decide...
whatever you decide to do or not to do in the end: may your God have mercy on your soul!

here's a few examples of moral dilemmas in a very short video:

namaste.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

wow, how many people have you killed?

i guess you have to live with it now you've done it, but did it ever weigh on your mind? ya know... thou shalt not n all that..

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

That knowledge would have me decided I think.

I dunno if it is fear manifesting ...but I think that if I wasn't going to be around, then I could much more easily sacrifice myself and 'them', knowing I wouldn't have to deal with any of the potential fallout.

The intention is good, right? Does that justify it?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I don't plan on killing anyone. Not even tyrants.

What I will kill are lies, hopefully. And I believe that will be suffice in itself.

A tyrant is nothing without their lies.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mouldilocks

The intention is good, right? Does that justify it?

Tough questions to resolve, with less than three days to work with... Aren't they?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join