It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be An Example of The Glory of Peace. It's Just A Choice.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Yes the removal of 'your' self. When the you, the mind made you, is removed then there will be peace. The mind made you or ego is the cause of all conflict. It has no reality, it is no more than a thought believed in.

The essence is not a thought.
Thought appears to the essence.
edit on 24-9-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by vocalyolk
reply to post by smithjustinb

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, someone rapes or murders one of your family members. The true Christian response would be to forgive, turn the other cheek, and invite this person into your home. Show me one Christian capable of this kind if humility and in the morning you find me a grave man.

I'm not even a Christian but this question was too easy to pass up. Show you one Christian who would do this? Jesus, he let his oppressors torture him. Would I have done the same? Probably not, would many "Christians" in America have done the same? Certainly not those in politics. Maybe Ron Paul.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Except, the historical Christ was just a spinoff of Dionysus so the pagans would play ball with Rome.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
So what do you think we should choose to do in the USA if (hypothetically) we were invaded by huge military forces from another nation, similar as happened in Poland in 1939? Should we roll out the red carpet and pray with them? How does that scenario fit in with your 'choosing peace'?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheFlash
So what do you think we should choose to do in the USA if (hypothetically) we were invaded by huge military forces from another nation, similar as happened in Poland in 1939? Should we roll out the red carpet and pray with them? How does that scenario fit in with your 'choosing peace'?

In this extreme hypothetical scenario, there would be those that would choose to fight, and those that would choose not to.

The ones that choose not to then have the choice whether or not to worry about the fighting going on while doing nothing about it, or ignore the fighting going on for the sake of inner peace.

Would you fight or not? If you wouldn't, then don't worry about the fighting, because you can't fight in a war with quiet thoughts.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

To answer your question I would not stand by quietly and watch those who I loved be tortured and killed without acting. "Extreme example"? As I pointed out it has happened many times before in our human history. Europe, Asia, North America, Australia... Would YOU stand by thinking quiet, peaceful thoughts while your sister was being raped by a band of marauding soldiers?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Too busy to reply the past couple days Smitty?

link   

To answer your question I would not stand by quietly and watch those who I loved be tortured and killed without acting. "Extreme example"? As I pointed out it has happened many times before in our human history. Europe, Asia, North America, Australia... Would YOU stand by thinking quiet, peaceful thoughts while your sister was being raped by a band of marauding soldiers?

If the time came to act, I would. If the battlefield was not at my front door, I wouldn't cause myself any mental stress that could be avoided.

Even after I defended my sister, probably by execution, I would not commit any further mental energy to that situation. No guilt, and then it would be back to being peaceful, because peace is the path to divine joy.

link   
Double post.

edit on 26-9-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Too busy to reply the past couple days Smitty?

Yeah, I'm not on here much on the weekends, and during the week, if i have a lot of school work to do, I don't have time to be on here.

<< 1   >>

join