It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be An Example of The Glory of Peace. It's Just A Choice.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

The Prince of Peace is the way, the truth, and the life. Peace is the way.

Be an example of the peace that passes understanding.

For peace to come to Earth, YOU have to make it happen.

Be an example, and let peace guide you through this world so that heaven can be made real here.

Peace is the way to infinite joy and wonders beyond comprehension.

When peace is with you, then the holy spirit will be allowed to manifest itself through you.

The peace that truly surpasses comprehension. The peace that lets you be a fully functional human. Peace is the way. Peace cannot be known to be great, it must be experienced. Experience peace today and be an example of the power of peace. Help us save this world.

edit on 17-9-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

That was beautiful and inspiring. Peace and Love is the way to a peaceful life that is for sure. To live in peace is to convey with peace and love with all you do and say and you are showing just how easy that is.

I long for the days of peace my friend!! xoxoxox

Jenn

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

I long for the days of peace my friend!! xoxoxox

Jenn

Well then you are prolonging your suffering. Peace is a choice that each one of us can choose to make. Do not long for it. Have it, and when someone asks "How come your life is so great," tell them about peace.

Be an example. As will I.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Ha! I HAVE IT.....I long for the WORLD to have peace....how bout that rewording?

I do not suffer.....I have Jesus in my ways of works and everything in between. Thanks though.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The most common and useful method of brainwashing: repetition of words.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by vocalyolk
The most common and useful method of brainwashing: repetition of words.

HA!

So you have something against peace?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Star & Flag.

Although I wouldn't say that peace is 'the' way... peace is most definitely a state of being that should be pursued more often. I've best found that I achieve peace when I simply 'let go.' Let go of want, desire, yearning... let go of preconceptions and judgement... let go of the past and the future... just really let go and experience/observe the present moment 'now.'

Peace be with you smithjustinb.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Let's assume, for the sake of argument, someone rapes or murders one of your family members. The true Christian response would be to forgive, turn the other cheek, and invite this person into your home. Show me one Christian capable of this kind if humility and in the morning you find me a grave man.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by vocalyolk

(Let's assume, for the sake of argument, someone rapes or murders one of your family members.) End quote.

Let's make something up that can destroy peace. Imagination is the best defence against peace.
Assumption the mother of all conflict
edit on 24-9-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I'd love to imagine a perfect world, but it just doesn't exist. There is evil and you can't just ignore it with complacency and wishful thinking. A very close family friend of mine was recently murdered. You better believe I will be there at the trial, and I won't be extending a hand with forgiveness and Christian charity. Get these murderers off the tax dollar and let God sort them out.
edit on 24-9-2011 by vocalyolk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Don't expect to find peace in the world. The 'world' can not be peaceful as it is constantly moving and changing.
The peace is not to be found in the world, however there is peace that is constant, ever present.
Trying to imagine a peaceful, perfect world is the cause of conflict and the destroyer of peace. Imagination says it is not peaceful or perfect. The thoughts we have about the world are what torture us. Prior to any thought there is an underlying peace.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I didn't think it was possible, but you just managed to say alot without saying anything at all.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

You just saw some words, squiggles on a screen and understood nothing, is that my fault?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Actually I was able to navigate through that haze of bong smoke and decipher your post, but I'm still trying to figure out it's relevance.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Would you like to know what peace feels like? Have you done lsd?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Uh, yea.. What about it?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Peace can be found in an individual, but not a whole. Just my 2 cents. The world will never be a peaceful place when people suffer at the hands of others., regardless of how or why.
Someone will fight against the injustice of others, and others will always just do what they want because they have been wronged.
Two wrongs don't make a right, but being peaceful yourself won't make everyone else peaceful too.
You can't lead by example because people don't want peace, I don't think. Too much selfishness and people thinking they can do anything to 'get theirs'. The sense of entitlement is for material possessions and money, not well being and happiness.
edit on 24-9-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

If you are in pain about the murder, it is because you are focusing your attention on the murder and 'things' about the murder. When we focus the attention on 'things', the 'things' will distrub us. If we really want peace we will focus the attention on feeling the sensations, and hearing the thoughts.
The one that is aware of what is happening in the moment internally and externally is peaceful. It is not of this world as such. However, it is where you are seeing from.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Peace, stillness and silence is the background of everything. If we could take all the 'things', thoughts, objects, etc away there would be emptiness or space, stillness, silence, a peaceful nothingness.
The 'things', objects, thoughts, etc are seen, experienced, the 'things', ideas, concepts, sounds are noisy and move and change.
The 'one' that sees, hears, experiences is the empty, peaceful nothingness.

It is what you are.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Peace, stillness and silence is the background of everything. If we could take all the 'things', thoughts, objects, etc away there would be emptiness or space, stillness, silence, a peaceful nothingness.
The 'things', objects, thoughts, etc are seen, experienced, the 'things', ideas, concepts, sounds are noisy and move and change.
The 'one' that sees, hears, experiences is the empty, peaceful nothingness.

It is what you are.

The 'one' that sees, hears etc is the human vessel. The very thing that creates thought, sounds, ideas, concepts, move and change... To be peaceful, you've have to remove the very essence of your 'self'

top topics

<<   2 >>

join