It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Day of Rage 9/17/11

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I think the worst thing about "rage day" is now the bankers must be laughing; surely the whole point is to make the people in control feel some sense of consequence for their actions. If there is a bully who robs from you every day on your way home, you can’t then plan a rage day and essentially do a bit of fancy dress with a sign and expect any change or fear.

Those people in Wall Street most likely found the whole thing amusing and probably fear the public less than they would have before. I think the worst thing they could have done is call it rage day, the corps may as well mark it on the calendar with Halloween and sell flags and anarchy outfits.

To be fair though violent riots etc will never solve all the problems, it takes brain, braun and to be honest whole systems to be scraped and replaced which is no doubt a difficult job but worth the trouble. I have to say I don’t quite agree with bankers hanging though, simply take everything they own and leave them in prison. We need to evolve as people and not only see when things are wrong and fix them, but also lead by example.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Nice post and I agree with you...the only problem here is that there are leftists involved in what's happening...as I posted, Code Pink, the Communist Party USA, SEIU, Trumpka....

If this was a genuine American Revolution I'd be all for it. I have ancestral roots to the first American Revolution and it runs deep. I'm sure there are lots of people who genuinely want change for the better, but the roots of this seem organized by the very people who put Obama in office.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Lo and behold, Gulag Bound says Tides involved

gulagbound.com...

(1:30pm) The US Day of Rage site includes training videos. Here are the credits of their first video. Hey look, The Ruckus Society.
The Ruckus Society is funded by many sources.
Two of these sources are Georgs Soros’ Open Society Institute (in KeyWiki, in DiscovertheNetworks) and the Tides Foundation (in KeyWiki, in DiscovertheNetworks).

edit on 18-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
Petrus, your comments are a true joy to read. Great wisdom from a sharpeyed american (old school I believe).

Thank you. And yes, in terms of perspective, I am not too modest to admit that Jefferson and I have large amounts in common.

There is one thing that is vitally important to understand, here; which is literally outside the comprehension of the contemporary majority. That is, that government is not fundamentally desirable. The sole purpose of government, particularly federal government, is to serve as regent or substitutiary executor of the sovereignty of the population, due to that population's lack of willingness to execute said sovereignty by itself.

One of my fundamental differences with the contemporary majority, is that they for the most part, do not have an instinctive desire for freedom. Most of them, in reality, do not actually desire freedom at all; but they disguise this fact and shield themselves from it, by making the word freedom into a false euphemism, with a different meaning.

Freedom is fundamentally, more than anything else, defined by me, as a scenario in which, if you as an individual do not make a decision for your own wellbeing, then no decision at all gets made; which therefore places the burden of responsibility upon you to make it. Because the majority are entirely unwilling to make such decisions in their own lives, the psychopathic minority has enthusiastically stepped in to do it for them, with the results you now see before you.

Freedom is also a state in which you are not limited in your choice of potential actions; which is the other major reason why the contemporary population, if they were honest, so thoroughly despise it. Although I do not claim to understand why, while the psychopathic demographic of the human population is around 4-7%, the percentage who have a genuine appreciation for freedom, and the degree of both creativity and sentience required to actually utilise it, apparently make up another group of roughly the same number.

If humanity is to survive, that situation must change. Genuine desire for freedom, and the responsibility which it entails, must become mainstream. Real Libertarianism has never been truly popular. It desperately needs to become so.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah
I'm just reporting on this people, I'm currently on a neutral stance concerning this protest. It hasn't started yet, so we don't know whats going to happen yet. I don't believe in taking sides until I think I have all the facts. It appears that NYPD is expecting a little something as they are preparing barricades:
lockerz.com...
lockerz.com...
lockerz.com...

I'd host the pics, but ATS isn't allowing me to upload for some reason.

In translation:
1). You're a coward with no core convictions
2). You won't choose a side until you determine the 'winner'
3). You've convinced yourself your doing something, when in fact your level of participation consists of posting on an Internet forum
4). You've provided a ranting spot for disaffected, cheese eating, rotten teeth, European surrender monkies

Bravo.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Anarchists and Communists Unite! Just so you know, when you start walking down my street you'll meet the business end of my AR-15. Have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

For me, the imagery I am left with is a bunch of ignorant, drunk, gap-toothed, unemployed, looking for their next handout, on welfare Europeans roaming their own neighborhoods, burning their own businesses down, hoody-wearing miscreants spreading violence.

See what I did there?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Having seen first hand what the real thing was during the '60s and early '70s, this so-called 'day of rage' looks entirely contrived and just wayyyy too trendy to be taken seriously.

Guessing here but... do we all have our iPhones app'd up and ready to provide entertainment features so we don't get bored holding that old protest sign?

Well done! Carry on.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
O ye of little faith.

That's right. Sit in front of your computer and make fun, criticize. Eat a pizza. Have a beer. You feel so helpless to do anything that it irks you to even see someone else try.

The thought of this "day of rage", has cheered me up immensely. I like the message it sends. Maybe there's hope for us yet in taking our economy back from the fat cats.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
This is a day of rage:

This is not:

edit on 18-9-2011 by Brentnauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Although I do not claim to understand why, while the psychopathic demographic of the human population is around 4-7%, the percentage who have a genuine appreciation for freedom, and the degree of both creativity and sentience required to actually utilise it, apparently make up another group of roughly the same number. If humanity is to survive, that situation must change.

Wishful thinking I'm afraid. I believe that the stats you give us reflect the genetic make-up of people. You can't change that with wishing. In fact the only thing that can change that is evolution. I suspect that if the last million years resulted in this mix, the next million won't change much.

The number of leaders will always be few and they will be comprised of both good and bad. The number of followers will always be legion. Free and responsible thinkers will remain oddballs for a long time I'm afraid.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aim64C
it's not going to solve the inherent problem with government-unified banking systems (none of the banks you frequent are really a private practice, simply contract-distributors on behalf of the federal reserve).

They way I understand it, the problems started here...

In what has been described as one of the most audacious moves in financial history, Nathan immediately bought up the government bond market, for what at the time seemed an excessively high price, before waiting two years, then selling the bonds on the crest of short bounce in the market in 1817 for a 40% profit.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlightlyAbovePar

For me, the imagery I am left with is a bunch of ignorant, drunk, gap-toothed, unemployed, looking for their next handout, on welfare Europeans roaming their own neighborhoods, burning their own businesses down, hoody-wearing miscreants spreading violence.

See what I did there?

Yes I do and I take no offence to it either even if some of those points seem worse in the US? We all have those unique elements in our cultures which in general hold true in how we get things done. Yesterday I watched a video about some Americans having a BBQ in a car park after helping a homeless guy which was why I had the image fresh in my head. I felt it highlighted the average Americans more light hearted approach to life just as the British, Japanese, etc all have their own ways of behaving.

It’s not meant as an insult I simply felt many over there would not take these protests as seriously which seem to be true from what I have seen so far.

As for the UK riots, well they were just as idiotic when it turned into looting but at least they gave the government something to think about and showed the public can easily take over police force and do not give into fear. American citizens I feel need to put out a similar message so the leaders will understand because posters and marches is like another language to them. Remember material possessions are not more important than giving an important message, if a city needs to be broken before freedom can be put in place then so be it.
edit on 18-9-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Master_007
Half the twiiters on this tweet ended up being about twitter limiting the number of tweets and i ran two browser to check my own tweets out to see if this was true and it was.

We need a P2P underground tweet program so no one can control peoples free speech

I've heard that Facebook shuts down revolutionary accounts. I don't know, I won't play with either one. If there were a "Revolutionary Network" I might play like I do here on ATS. I can imagine the problems with COINTELPRO and government sabotage, though.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Not really irked here, but thank you for your concern. Not a fat cat, not eating pizza and I don’t drink alcohol. On Monday, I will get up and go to work. The dirty hippies and disaffected, professional agitators present in New York may, or may not, be still littering the streets. It won’t affect me a bit.
This is probably the point where you should threaten me with being ‘strung up’ or some other act of violence. You know, ‘cause your so peaceful.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Fair point, and well taken. Thank you for your reply =)

**insert something witty here to avoid the one line rule, even though that's all I needed to reply**
edit on 18-9-2011 by SlightlyAbovePar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by miosis

I understand what you are saying, and I would love nothing more than to believe this is part of a true world-wide opposition to the One World Govt. I am skeptical though because it is usually leftists who have a hatred for corporations and Capitalism. I would like to find out more about who is really behind this?

I would quit worrying about who is behind this and let the facts speak for themselves. As has been pointed out, if people did that both left and right might find themselves on the same side on this one.

They might just get somewhere too. Stop bickering politics and pay attention to the issues we can all agree on.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LexiconV

That's too funny - do you want fries with that rage?

and a remote control as well?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter
reply to post by St Udio

You´re right. Perhaps this image might remind some what is to come, soon...very soon.

I love all your posts (Except the stab at right wing groups, probably the only people that do anything, but it aint pretty, and I mean underground, not 'republicans')

I think people do'nt like what you have to say because it's the truth!
And the russians have got their act together, trying to warn americans about the ----- (Say it = band) bankers destroying their country. We got all these other countries actually doing something about their problems.

Then there are the americans supposedly protesting all over the country, 'peaceful' protest mind you lol! and not ONE of them will throw a rock or a molotov in the dark. despite what people think, the only way things will change is if the bull is painted, the building is burned down, and the cops are running. Peaceful protest is bollocks. I bet everyone in that crowd is crying inside about missing their favourite TV shows.
I was at the hospital reading about the day of rage last night. Wondering if my kid would be born on this LAME day lol. I was hoping there'd be some conflict under the cover of darkness but everyone there looks like a gutless hippy.

America is like the titanic it has to sink because everyone in the US thinks it wont. I'm not sure it will ever recover from anything, The corruption is so deep it could only be purged by fire.

I do'nt know what else to say. Except that if I was there I'd have thrown a rock by now. *People are supposed to bring there own rocks..) But i think what would end up happening is the peop- sheeple of the crowd would all seperate and point at me!!!

edit on 18-9-2011 by DerVerboten because: spelling edit

edit on 18-9-2011 by DerVerboten because: spelling lol

edit on 18-9-2011 by DerVerboten because: ok i don't know how to use edit i guess

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The saddest thing of it all is assuming you can change something using the same paradigm that something exists thereby. Because of this, folks on the streets are making a fatal flaw; assuming something is a factor to their sovereignty. They are looking for a new something to be responsible for the very something they are perpetuating. "I do without being commanded what others do from fear of the law."

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join