It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Day of Rage 9/17/11

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Don't know if others of you knew about this event, but it's suppose to be kicking off today at 2:00 pm Eastern Standard time.

US Day of Rage endorses our peaceful and legal horizontal mesh tactical plan for the occupation and creation of independent block assemblies of people.

Our plan represents the strongest test of the 1st amendment on the PUBLIC SIDEWALKS of Wall Street.

YOU DO NOT NEED A PERMIT TO OCCUPY OR PEACEABLY ASSEMBLE ON PUBLIC SIDEWALKS. Under a 2000 federal court ruling, the use of "public sleeping as a means of symbolic expression" is allowed on public sidewalks in New York City as long as you do not block pedestrians or doorway entrances and exits. See METROPOLITAN COUNCIL, INC., Plaintiff, -against- HOWARD SAFIR, Commissioner of the New York City Police Department, et al., June 12, 2000 [99 F. Supp. 2d 438; 2000 U.S. Dist.]

Rest of the article here: www.usdayofrage.org...

Their Facebook page: www.facebook.com...

Live video of the event: www.livestream.com...

Anon is suppose to be there as well. Wonder if it's going to fail hard, or have a decent turn out. Might be interesting to watch

NYPD Manhattan Precincts 1-23 and Citywide 1-3 Live Audio Feed: www.radioreference.com...
edit on 09/13/2011 by deadmessiah because: add link

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
the live stream went to no signal already...
2nd

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by deadmessiah

Yes I know about it. I am in europe now though. So what happened in europe and africa on their day of rage.

Well the egyptians amassed in Cairo in the hundred of thousands, stormed the TPTB buildings of their country, and inevitably arrested their creepy President, Mubarak. The tunisians chased their president and bankers out of their country, vowing to hang them if they returned. The islanders stormed their parlament, arrested the main bankers and rewrote their constitution.

The Greecs, well they stormed the streets, clashed with the police and wanted every major banker hanged, and if possible their own prime minister. This hasnt happened yet but rumours are afloat that the next rage will be tenfold bigger and bring down the entire elite with possible real executions and lamp post hangings.

So what is happening in the good ol US?

A bunch of tired, overweight campers will stroll to the bull on wall street. Arrange a nice BBQ. Sing some well chosen songs about freedom. Exchange some dark oaths to fight the TPTB, pay their yearly Alex Jones tax and then pack up and go home.

This is US. The generation that fought the likes of Nixon and LBJ are long gone.

Nothing new here folks...move along

edit on 17-9-2011 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Yea, it was working earlier, no it's unavailable. I'm checking around trying to find a webcam of Wall street.

By the way guys, this is a communistic type movement. Just look at the symbolism. I'm wondering if this might be a provocateur type protest instigated by the CIA.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
What exactly are we hoping to achieve?

Seems more like admitting defeat to me.

"Let me just sit on this sidewalk and pretend it's bothering someone because I'm powerless".

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a revolution, but sitting around doing nothing in different areas of the country/city/landscape is still... well... sitting around doing nothing. It's not like you're Ghandi, starving yourself as a political figure that people respect.

I fear that the revolution would have to be more violent than many people would like to admit. Patriotism is not always (or usually, for that matter) peaceful, happy love-time and a bed of roses on the side. You'd have to dive into some illegal actions to get it done right, because these people manipulate legislation to make sure they can keep pushing their greed legally and anyone opposing them gets cut short.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Go here

It works fine. But where are the ppl? All I saw was laughing japanese tourists, a couple of tired demonstrators and a yawning police.

Isnt modern slavery wonderful? The sheeple nicely brainwashed, at home looking at homer and sports, drinking beer, vowing to one day rise against the TPTB. The elite swimming in mountains of stolen money wondering what the heck they should do with all this looted mulah and why noone tries to arrest them?

At the helm, the lamest duck of a president ever to set foot in the WH.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Don't trust the media even if they show you shoots of the place being empty because they used fake hollywood footage to show the streets of tripoly were taken over by rebels when the streets were empty.

Sad to say i think it will be a bit of a flop but thats not the point, don't trust the media.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I do love the "Day of Rage" and the "Peaceful" statements being used in the same sentence.

Kind of like the fight against violence.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
That poster screams communism.
It's imagery is a dead givaway.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
My link seems to be working again. We can't really say nothing will happen, they aren't suppose to start until 2 pm. I don't have any expectations at all for the protest. In the event something does happen, it will be interesting to watch.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by johncarter

A bunch of tired, overweight campers will stroll to the bull on wall street. Arrange a nice BBQ. Sing some well chosen songs about freedom. Exchange some dark oaths to fight the TPTB, pay their yearly Alex Jones tax and then pack up and go home.

This is US. The generation that fought the likes of Nixon and LBJ are long gone.

Your insults and sarcasm aren't welcome here. America has came from English rule to the one of the greatest powers of the world in under 300 years. If i were you i wouldnt under estimate the power of the American people. How dare you use stereotypes to predict the out come of our future. I'm guessing your British so let's take a look at your situation. Thousands of people looting and burning locally owned business' acting like there "revolting" when there actually only hurting ma and pa's Corner shop.
edit on 17-9-2011 by susej because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The gov. does not believe in peaceful anything anymore. We need to stand up and fight fire with fire. Screw sitting on the sidewalks cause it's legal, we need to gather in the streets and move forward just like riot cops do in formation. None of this sitting around. The gov. does not need to be protested, they need to be thrown out of office, or we mind as well be teaching our kids to roll belly up and take the govs sword as well. Well, this Oath Keeper is ready to do what it takes, but it seems that the lazy got this all planned out to sit on their fat @$$e$ and not disturb anything around them. This video should just about sum up what should be going on. www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The protest doesn't start until two.

Follow #occupywallstreet on twitter for more real time updates, thats what im doing, which out the picture below!

edit on 17/9/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/9/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
HAha, fat old lazy hippies?!
You got to be kidding, look at the picture.
Its all young people. Students.

also, news: Occupy Wall Street

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
oh noooooo.....not another reason for all da brothers to come out of th getto and start looting and killing each other......

man - aren't they tired of this crap already.....

you conspiracy lunatics are out of control....

go ahead... go to wall st. and do whatever you want....b-t-w - it's saturday all your gonna see are tourists and closed office buildings....

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
The gov. does not believe in peaceful anything anymore. We need to stand up and fight fire with fire. Screw sitting on the sidewalks cause it's legal, we need to gather in the streets and move forward just like riot cops do in formation. None of this sitting around. The gov. does not need to be protested, they need to be thrown out of office, or we mind as well be teaching our kids to roll belly up and take the govs sword as well. Well, this Oath Keeper is ready to do what it takes, but it seems that the lazy got this all planned out to sit on their fat @$$e$ and not disturb anything around them. This video should just about sum up what should be going on. www.youtube.com...

Freedom of speach does not include any right to incite violence.
I hope you and your type got the nutsacks to go out in public and spew your hatred so you end up where you belong, in max security prisons breaking large rocks into little rocks for the next twenty years or so.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom1701
oh noooooo.....not another reason for all da brothers to come out of th getto and start looting and killing each other......

man - aren't they tired of this crap already.....

you conspiracy lunatics are out of control....

go ahead... go to wall st. and do whatever you want....b-t-w - it's saturday all your gonna see are tourists and closed office buildings....

Note where it says the movement is going to occupy wall st for a few months...
So, come monday, guess what?

And this is not a conspiracy anything, this is real #. If i were an american, i would be there right now.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Come monday????? you're out of your freak'n mind... Monday's a work day for us in NYC....we spit on protesters, so all you lunatics better get out of our way so we can go to work.....

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

A very wise man once said,

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”

They want us to riot and kill. They want a reason to declare martial law. Once martial law is declared, they come and take your guns and all your freedoms are suspended. I'm not saying that we'll win peacefully, or that we should never rise up with force, but don't go off half cocked and fall into their trap. Stop, observe, and listen first. They fear the calm and collected ones, not the young rioters with baseball bats.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

... I'd be surprised if even a granny carrying a rolling pin showed up.
... rage away USA to KFC, Big Mac and Burger King. Right then... will you be wanting fries with that rage?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join