It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Day of Rage 9/17/11

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
I will tell you what, I have read the last 2 pages of this thread, hoping to get some summary of what is happening (Twitter is literally crapping itself over the whole #OccupyWallStreet thing represented in the OP). Instead I have gotten a display of what is wrong with American politics: no one knows what the hell they are talking about.

You're absolutely right, this has been voiced by me and others as well already too. This is a badly initiated and disorganized protest. You get a different answer every time a different protester is asked about why exactly they're protesting and what they stand for. I know there's a popular thread concerning this protest, but it just looks like overt sensationalism in my opinion. I'm sure people will hate me for this, but I don't view these protesters as a very bright bunch. The root of our economic woes is not Wall Street, but rather the Federal Reserve, the SEC and White House.

If you didn't want the military to kill people in Iraq anymore, you would go protest the White House, not Fort Bragg or Edwards AFB.

I would be inclined to agree with you. Wall Street is a mechanism for companies trading publicly to raise capital for their operations. Sure, there is a certain elemenet of greed. The WH definitely should not be giving these people baillouts when they fail. I think they used scare tactics to get the people behind all the baillouts, saying the whole financial world would collapse if we taxpayers didn't put up the bail. That was criminal in my view and I don't care if it was R or D.
Now the Fed involves Amendments to the Constitution, and that is some serious stuff in terms of governing. Central banks and banking in general was a huge discussion even in the formation of our new govt.

new topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join