It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin Has Not Survived Perihelion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by oxbow

If one doesn't question the mainstream establishment, then who will?

The OP's source is as laughable as most of these Elenin Doomsday threads around here.

But the fact the mainstream establishment has failed to mention how exactly this massive Comet just happened to "self-destruct" in the deep vacuum of space, leads me to suspect a cover up.
edit on 17-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

Hundreds of Comets pass close to the Sun every year without "melting".

Halley's comet gets close to the sun at a distance of 0.586 AU every 75 years, and my word it hasn't "melted completely" throughout the history since it was discovered.

Why did Comet Elenin have to be the exception? Its surface area is MASSIVE the fact it is 4 km in diameter, and it was only 0.482 AU from the Sun - a large enough distance to escape the threat of "melting".

edit on 17-9-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: .

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Okay, I am officially freaked out. Then what's causing the quakes then ?
Can't wait till these doomsdate pass, I can have a party! I survived comet Elenin, man I am so sick of this #.
edit on 17-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Okay, I am officially freaked out. Then what's causing the quakes then ?
Can't wait till these doomsdate pass, I can have a party! I survived comet Elenin, man I am so sick of this #.
edit on 17-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

I will get you the shirt.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Okay, I am officially freaked out. Then what's causing the quakes then?

Duh, Nibiru of course

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   

On August 19, a massive solar flare and coronal mass ejection hit the comet, which may have been the beginning of the end for the much ballyhooed lump of ice and dirt.

The mighty sun took care of business for us.

“We’ve been following it in the STEREO spacecraft images and a number of amateurs have been following it in their telescopes,” said Australian amateur astronomer Ian Musgrave, author of the Astroblog website. “Shortly after the coronal mass ejection the comet flared up and you could see some beautiful details in the tail, with the tail was twisting about in the solar wind. But shortly after that Earth- bound amateurs reported a huge decrease in the intensity of the comet. We think it may presage a falling apart of the comet.”

www.universetoday.com...

Seem's like we alrite

Nice thread S&F.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

You would think with all these Elenin threads that you would have picked up a few of the basics...

No comet is the same, what you're asking is like asking how long is a piece of string or how big is a cloud.

So sorry dude, but no one but yourself can help you grasp the basics.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

Hundreds of Comets pass close to the Sun every year without "melting".

Hundreds? Ok, so what makes X1 Elenin so special to you?

Halley's comet gets close to the sun at a distance of 0.586 AU every 75 years, and my word it hasn't "melted completely" throughout the history since it was discovered.

Has it ever passed through during a significant sunspot cycle?

Why did Comet Elenin have to be the exception? Its surface area is MASSIVE the fact it is 4 km in diameter, and it was only 0.482 AU from the Sun - a large enough distance to escape the threat of "melting".

You tell me why people have made it an exception?

If you believe the youtubers and X1 elenin obssesives, then it has been responsible for earthquakes, it is a bizarre object. If it is so odd, then why can't it just disinitegrate?

As I said, Elenin was just a symbolic message from 'Leo'.

st.
edit on 17-9-2011 by SatoriTheory because: typosaurus

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

No comet is the same, what you're asking is like asking how long is a piece of string

Ahh, the old 'how long is a piece of string' question... I love that question!!!

Now back to the topic, there's no point in arguing with doomsayers. As soon as there is literally no hope left for them on whatever topic(s) they cling to, they'll shortly after find a new one.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Josonic

Did I say I was a doomsayer? Or did you just assume that I was?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
really you had to waste your time with this thread. stating the obvious.

whats more ridiculous than this thread is the ignorance that follows in the replies...

all i have to say is stop hating chad most of your posts are very informative this not so much.

link   

reply to post by Josonic

Did I say I was a doomsayer? Or did you just assume that I was?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Did I say you said you were a doomsayer, did I say you were a doomsayer, or were you just assuming?

Sounds like you got a guilty conscience to me.

link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Comet Encke (4.8km in diameter) is slightly bigger than Comet Elenin (4 km in diameter) and it gets much closer to the sun during its perihelion - 0.3302 AU. It hasn't "melted" or "self destructed" since its discovery date in 1786.

So naturally, it begs the question: why the exception with Comet Elenin (that it "melted") when it was 0.482 AU from the Sun during its perihelion?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I logged in from my phone just to flag and star this. Chad, you're already one of my favourite posters, but now you're a crack up! I'm so tempted to go crack out the scrubs box sets!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

reply to post by Chadwickus

So naturally, it begs the question: why the exception with Comet Elenin (that it "melted") when it was 0.482 AU from the Sun during its perihelion?

X1 Elenin never existed in the first place, so they couldn't allow it to fly by earth?

People will say anything if you give them enough money.

st.
edit on 17-9-2011 by SatoriTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

To all the Elenin Debunkers and Sceptics, may I ask, how exactly did this 4 km diameter Comet just "break up" in deep space?

The same way other comets - especially small, loosely compacted ones - do as they approach perihelion? It's not exactly unexpected.

en.wikipedia.org...

Levison has even suggested that up to 99% of comets from the Oort Cloud eventually suffer this fate

www.spaceref.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I never said I believe everything and anything YouTube videos say about Comet Elenin causing Earthquakes and natural disasters.

Theres hardly any scientific research being done to validate these claims, so I'm on the fence on this one.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Come on, you're trolling now aren't you?

Remember where I said "no comet is the same"

This doesn't mean just their size, it also means things like their make up as well.

Sun diving comets, long term comets and the like clearly are a lot more solid than comets like Elenin.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Interestingly, comets originating in the Kuiper Belt, a cometary source just beyond Neptune, do not disrupt nearly as often as those originating in the Oort cloud.

Comet Elenin originated from the Kuiper Belt by the way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join