It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me that the Sun didn't move across the sky over the few seconds I filmed...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I was experimenting with the lenses of my shades to take pictures and videos of the sky since it was too bright at the time of day. The video which you are about to see was only taken over a period of a few seconds I managed to film the sun in the sky before I almost dropped my camera due to being bewildered with what I saw.
The video clip was taken in real time, with no Photoshop editing or fast forwarding - besides I can't use Photoshop to save my life!
If my eyes deceive me, the Sun appeared to move across the sky over the time I managed to film.

Is it just the clouds moving creating the illusion that the sun is moving, or is it that sun is actually moving?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
dude its pretty obvious is just the clouds moving

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

What the... If that's the sun that's moving, then what's the deal with the light sources coming from between the clouds?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
No, I don't think you're seeing the sun move, but I do believe you are seeing the clouds moving and the perspective the camera is giving you seems to make the sun rapidly travel in the sky when in fact it is just clouds sweeping along.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
it's just the clouds giving the illusion man...in order for the sun to zip as fast as you think it is the earths rotation would have to increase...and that would be something you would notice I'm certain

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Seriously?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CasiusIgnoranze

Is it just the clouds moving creating the illusion that the sun is moving, or is it that sun is actually moving?

I think you know the answer to that.

For the sun to move that fast through the sky, the earth would have to have sped up its rotation significantly. This obviously didn't happen, because everything is still attached to the surface of the earth, which it wouldn't be had such an increase in rotation occurred.

So, to almost-quote Dirty Harry: You've gotta ask yourself one question... do you think the sun could really be moving that fast? Or is it more probable that it's the clouds moving? Because, as daily observation will soon reveal, clouds do move that fast... the sun does not.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
A hand-held filter is not a fixed position when filming something that is possibly moving. Maybe if you had pulled in a portion of a building or wall or something, then the eye can see only the clouds move.

Neat optical illusion though! I like the way the sun looks so small (as it should) when viewed through clouds, rather than when I look at it directly without. Especially Sunsets and Sunrises are cool that they only appear big in our mind's eye.

Last night the Sun setting through the smoke from Arizona was incredible; like a blood red sun!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Guys, you all are wrong, the OP is right. The sun moves all the time.

(And the rest of the universe moves too).

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Obviously just the clouds... if the sun jumped like you think it did then everyone on this side of the planet would have seen it ..

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If the sun want's to move around a bit, who is going to stop it ?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman

The question isn't whether or not the sun moves. The question is whether or not the sun appears to move that fast in the sky. It doesn't.
We all know the sun moves.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Since you said please i will tell you, The sun didnt move across the sky in a few seconds you filmed it. The clouds however did. And i personally think you know that to. Just be honest with yourself

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

Originally posted by Trueman

The question isn't whether or not the sun moves. The question is whether or not the sun appears to move that fast in the sky. It doesn't.
We all know the sun moves.

Yeah...sorry, I forgot to put this :

...so you'll see I was joking

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
It's an optical illusion, created by the movement of the clouds

and also the combined slow rotation of the earth...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It's simply called a windy day

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
It is 'us' that is moving, not the sun

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Put your cursor over the sun, you will see that except for the camera moving around the sun pretty much stays in the same spot on the film and it is the clouds that are moving.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

Alrighty. It's so hard to tell sometimes, around here.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Space is expanding, though everything is moving, space between is expanding faster, so you can never catch up. Right CLPrime?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join