It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why i love Jesus. Why Jesus is love.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I like you..you're a kind christian..(smiles)

I also like the story of faith, about the woman and jesus's cloak.. ..and I saw wisdom in your explanation of it.

edit on 17-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

I wanted to quote this so others can clearly see that it is not about going to church to understand Jesus word. When you do you are only getting a glimpse as to what the preacher feels like each passage says to HIM. When you break down passages it may or may not add up to YOU. Some are really good teachers of the Word of God and others fall drastically trying. Finding a good teacher is hard when you look in one spot...there are many like the OP for each of us. I am glad he allowed you to see the light within the Words.

Often times we blame the messenger for not explaining a passage or scripture correctly the way we see it. No need to pass blame though. We are all to seek HIM out by our self so we may have an understanding that correlates with our own individual perception of Truth and Light. Those....ah ha moments come a lot when doing so.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
these religious posts are going to literally kill ATS. they need to give us the ability to block certain topics.
its been getting real bad lately, why do all the bible bashers need to push their crap onto us?
you love god, well ok. but dont force him upon others, only makes us hate him even more

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This thread is exactly why I never argue about Jesus.

Words will never change a man's heart.

It's nice to see so many people who love the Lord.

It was very refreshing...

For those who still cannot see.

I will post this then immediately pray for blessings in your life.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

these religious posts are going to literally kill ATS. they need to give us the ability to block certain topics. its been getting real bad lately, why do all the bible bashers need to push their crap onto us? you love god, well ok. but dont force him upon others, only makes us hate him even more
reply to post by jazzguy

Nobody is making anybody read them... they have their beliefs..and I'd say the large majority.(maybe all) are well meaning, and are only speaking the truth as they see it.

Nobody is making you read them..any more than those who push.. different spiritual values...such as there is no good or evil..everything is one...etc.

Some even start threads saying we are all just a figment of our imagination..and we don't truly exist..??

There are a lot of what I would call whacked out ideas on ATS... so saying Christianity is the downfall is a little biased.

As far as this thread goes..the op never condemned anyone..never called atheists names..just simply gave his/her rendition of a nice verse from the bible..

It wasn't malicious..it wasn't demeaning..it was a simple story about faith..

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
these religious posts are going to literally kill ATS. they need to give us the ability to block certain topics.
its been getting real bad lately, why do all the bible bashers need to push their crap onto us?
you love god, well ok. but dont force him upon others, only makes us hate him even more

You are in the 'Religon, Faith & Theology' forum.

Maybe you did not read the title of the forum before entering?

If it bugs you, then don't enter. Simple solution for a simple problem.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

How very typical of you... man, oh indeed you WILL disappear,, from our view, because if you continue to cling to the purposeful lies that are cherry-picked from the "sovereign word" that has not only been written for interesting reasons, but continously re-edited.... but the worst part is how often it is taken literally or not, and with what understanding.

The CLOSEST anyone has gotten to giving the book its best attempt at uncovering what it is ACTUALLY saying, is the Second Coming of Christ by Paramahansa Yogananda.

I guarantee a Christian cannot read it though, because it has such a different view of Jesus, than you do, and would entirely destroy your religion from head to toe.

Oh the Christ is coming indeed, COMING FOR YOU !!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by jmdewey60

Please show that you are free of this demon by posting the words, Jesus, and God.

His name IS Yahshua. The Hebrews don't even have a "J" sound in their vocabulary. His name is YHWH, "The Lord" is a title they came up with for Him because they didn't want to vocalize the name of God. Calling Him Yahshua or YHWH is blessing His sovereign name.
My Bible says, Jesus. Maybe you have one that has something else.
How about you then stop using words like, Jew, Judea, Judah, Jerusalem since those all have J's?
The King of the Jews before Herod was named John.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Why would you need the ability to block certian topics? Use a bit of logic man.... If you don't like the topic don't post in it, don't read it... Avoid it!

There is a whole section for those who don't like religion topics...Perhaps you haven't noticed the two tabs at the top of the screen.... One is called "conspiracy discussions" one is called "off topic" discussions...

Why should the rest of us that enjoy these debates need something so rediculous... I mean i dislike the topics that claim there are reptiles masqurading as humans, but i don't need to block them.... i laugh and move on.

Logic man.... give it a try

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Hello. This forum is called "Religion, Faith and Theology".

Good to see you. May you have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I don't hate to tell you this but, Jesus Christ is Yahweh.
No, that is something you just made up.

Who do you think was "the Lord" in the flesh? In hebrew Yahweh means "the Lord", hence why the disciples and apostles called him "Lord" and not "rabbi" as all the other teachers and prophets were called.
The Greek word translated as, lord, is found in the NT about two hundred times and has no magical quality to it and does not mean, God.

If you think Yahweh doesn't love us then you have gone off your rails.
There is no person by that name. It is just a word made up to fit the occasion and people have invented it into a name. There is no god by that name. You may think so and you may belive it and you may worship it but it is only a human invention and is completely worthless and why it is never mentioned in the New Testament.

John the Baptist said through his revelation "in the beginning there was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God".
I don't know how you come to this unless you have a religion that is not Christian.

He explains this further by saying that Jesus was the Living Word made flesh
I explained to you a few times that John 1:14 does not say that in the Greek, it is only a creative interpretation in the English version Bibles.

and by naming Jesus the Christ fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah's foretelling of the coming of Immanu'el.
You lost me there. You are venturing far into your fantasy.

John also said "he made the world, but was not of the world,he walked amoung his people and they knew him not".
This is total bunk.

You see, Yahweh told the adam that he would save them, and 4000 years later He did by coming in person.
It never says anything like that. You are just writing your own Gospel in order to make an idol from an evil angel who was a character in the Old Testament who was a genocidal killer. You are stuck in the Old Covenant and know nothing of the New Covenant and have distorted Jesus into something to fit into the Old Covenant and have in so doing, lost any hope of salvation and only have to look forward to punishment and death.

edit on 17-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Wow. Thank you for your bravery and for this inspirational thread.You did a really good job of passing along to me what you are feeling and I am pumped.

This bears repeating...

"He who keeps his life will lose it, but, he who loses his life for my sake, will find it (in rediscovery of his TRUE self), as Love." (Jesus, paraphrased).

I have been thinking a lot lately about the concept that there are folks out there that are sorely attached to their physical vehicles and what that means to society. I needed that little bit of scripture, thanks again.

I will add more when I am settled down.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Words can hurt!!

Words can comfort!!

Words spoken by Jesus do not hurt ME, they are very comforting.

Does the message Jesus bring us comfort you or do they hurt you?

If the message from his words hurt then I can understand why some non believers would get angry when someone else brings up his name. I cannot understand someones anger when they cannot say what the Man has done to them to cause them so much strife, especially when they do not even believe in such a man.

It just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

My heart aches for the ones who come onto this thread of a topic and bash someone (Jesus) they do not believe in to begin with. It is like bashing Santa Claus, correct? It hurts me because I love this Man as I love my family and it makes me want to defend him even more. I will not though. I will not defend Jesus to a non believer because frankly the bashing and ranting about a Man you do not even believe in is down right GOOFY!

Speaking for myself, I do not need non believers to come on here telling me to read this or watch this....
I laugh at you people. Why? Because I already have what I need to know and I did it all on MY own. I do not need someone who does not believe to tell me why they don't. I do not care. I will not be there in the light or darkness with you when yours days are over on Earth. I cannot make anyone believe or do anything without their will being of consent. It is YOUR choice to believe or not to believe......plain and simple.

I really wish the non believers would keep their ill words and bashing to themselves. The only words that hurt are the ones being conveyed out of fear. Please read that last sentence one more time.

For those of you who were not taught manners at home, please let me teach you. First and foremost is called the Golden Rule. Do unto others as you would have done to you. If you have nothing nice to say then by all means, do not say a word. Silence is Key when learning. You cannot learn if you are always talking. Keep your mouth closed when you chew.....do I need to go on??

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Heh, yes you're right. Thread went wildly astray from it's original intent.

I'm also discovering that my experience of Christianity, as an encounter, and budding relationship with, the risen Lord, not as an entity outside myself, but as a living spiritual reality, isn't very "mainstream".

Praise God I am a Christian mystic! I HAVE Christ. He lives in me, and I in him.

I hereby pray that any who call themselves Christian, move, from believing in, to falling in love with Jesus Christ.

There is a difference, and it's not subtle, as is readily apparent when reading these threads.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Speak the truth, Brother.

You are seriously on a roll here; gotta run but I can't wait to get back to see how this goes.

Praise God I am a Christian mystic!

I have so totally felt like this before. It's really weird and fun to find others.
edit on 17-9-2011 by Frater210 because: you are making me thirsty, dude.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The Biblical god doesnt know the meaning of love

Love isn't threatening others with eternal punishment, for merely not believing.

If you were pushing a new cult/religion, what better incentive is there to join it other than to be promised eternal life in the best place ever for giving everything you have and everything you are to the religion, or being burnt forever in a dungeon for not joining.

This is one of the reasons why I and so many others find religious people fascinating, they buy into a most ridiculous and obviously made up story, and get angry when others question and debate it.

The world would definitely be a more boring place without them..

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Is Jesus jewish? I borrowed ten bucks from him once and he didn't charge interest.
edit on 17-9-2011 by vocalyolk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Why?

Why Jesus is Love.

Because love, is the will to give of one's self for the sake of another's spiritual (and psychological) growth, and well being.

Why I love Jesus.

Because Jesus first loved me (in spite of my shortcomings).

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Prezbo369

You are hung up on this...

The Biblical god doesnt know the meaning of love

Therefore when it comes to Christians you believe this...

they buy into a most ridiculous and obviously made up story, and get angry when others question and debate it.

This is pretty garden variety, this view of Christians and Christianity. I think that we maybe all go through this as we try to come to grips with the whole 'Jesus' thing.

But why must it be so cut and dry; so black and white? Do you think it could be a little more complex than simply identifying God as loveless and therefore Christ meaningless and subsequently Christians as deluded. There has to be more to it than that, right?

Or have you got it figured out?

made up story

The powerful influence that Jesus is having on lives all over the world at this very moment is not a made up story.
edit on 17-9-2011 by Frater210 because: Iz not

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I find it incomprehensible that so many people are blindly thumping a book that was written well after the fact, by politicians and popes, with no other reason but to control the masses. By weaving the beliefs and practices of the targeted population, they seduced the the people into servitude and murdered the decending voices. They created a hero martyr to refer to and idolize. They conveniently put words into the mouth of your Jesus to promote their agenda.

I reject the biblical version of the Christ but I adhere to the basic mythology of the Christ that resides within each and every individual that is and ever was. To argue my christ is not your christ is futile and we are only dealing with semantics.

The way lies within each of us, the tree of life resides within us. We don't need look to scriptures for salvation, its a done deal. To abandon this supposition is a lack of faith in the power and love of the creator, as you call it. Scripture is for inspiration not judgment.

I applaud the OP's intention and am saddened to see his/her intentions not being respected here.
edit on 17-9-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Sure, that's called "sanctification", it's a great process of growing in our grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, but it's not the entire covenant. By our faith in Christ and what He did for us we are saved. Christ's death "appeased" God's wrath and judgment of sin. And not just "our" sins, but the sins of the entire world. Sure, people can reject that sacrifice, reject Him as Lord. But it's certainly not because He was not an all sufficient Savior.
The purpose of the New Covenant is to become righteous so as to be justified. That is it in its entirety.
Outside of becoming righteous, it is completely useless. there is no provision in the New Covenant for salvation outside of that righteousness that comes from the mechanism of the Holy Spirit which Paul calls, Faith, which is the guiding into righteousness.

But I think it's pretty silly to suggest that we can be righteous without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit? The carnal, natural man wants nothing to do with the Spirit. Our spirits are re-born, the OT saying for that was we are "given a new heart"
Which happens in this lifetime, or not at all.
edit on 17-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join